CA - Dr. William Ayres for child molestation, San Mateo, 2007 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: "Dr."Mel Levine: On his website he lists the seminars he gave in 2009. I wrote to one of the companies that he says sponsored his seminars in Canada in November. I asked the company if they knew that Levine had his license yanked because of the sex abuse allegations. I got this response back from the head of the company:

I totally understand your concern, and we feel exactly the same way. In the fall, we had 3 workshops with Mel Levine, and as soon as we found out, we cancelled all 3 of them, resulting in a great monetary loss to the company. But we didn't even need to think twice. With all the allegations and who-knows-what, we had no choice but severe ties with him. And we have made it of primary matter not to deal with him in the future.
Many people have voiced their concern, and we listened. In fact, we are glad someone brought it to our attention in the first place, or we wouldn't have known!

Re: "Dr."Mel Levine: On his website he lists the seminars he gave in 2009. I wrote to one of the companies that he says sponsored his seminars in Canada in November. I asked the company if they knew that Levine had his license yanked because of the sex abuse allegations. I got this response back from the head of the company:

I totally understand your concern, and we feel exactly the same way. In the fall, we had 3 workshops with Mel Levine, and as soon as we found out, we cancelled all 3 of them, resulting in a great monetary loss to the company. But we didn't even need to think twice. With all the allegations and who-knows-what, we had no choice but severe ties with him. And we have made it of primary matter not to deal with him in the future.
Many people have voiced their concern, and we listened. In fact, we are glad someone brought it to our attention in the first place, or we wouldn't have known!

thank you Mercy-so what do we do with this information? I am pondering....how do people like Ayres, Levine and the terrible excuse for a person in Maryland get flagged so that they cannot go on this kind of a circuit??

Some of us who follow the Ayres case also have tried to keep track of others like Levine. We just keep looking for Levine's name in the Google News section. Usually Levine's "seminars" are posted in a local newspaper. Some of us have then contacted the places that are putting on the seminars and alerted them. None of these places were aware of the allegations. Typically they are horrified and are grateful we brought it to their attention. That's how the seminars were cancelled by the organization I wrote to. The public just needs to be vigilant. Because Levine is still promoting himself as a doctor out there.

I wonder if the North Carolina Medical Board- which revoked his license and also made sure he can never practice medicine again- knows that he is still passing himself off as a doctor. Perhaps someone should alert them. I don't think they would have the power to stop him from doing seminars. That's up to people like you and me.

But Levine really shouldn't be posting that he gave seminars at these places in Canada when in fact he did not.

His website is www.mellevine.com.

There is NOTHING on Amazon attached to Levine's book. Not a single comment indicating what is going on with him currently, or that his license to practice medicine has since been revoked.

Levine's website shows his office is in NC.

Why doesn't the NC Atty General at least shut him down for being a fraud?

There's also the FTC & U.S.Postal Inspection Service.

His domain registrar could also suspend his domain which would take his website offline (at least until he gets another one) - if someone can prove his fraud...but I've been through cases like this & it takes "authorities" to shut them down.

mercyneal--I'm curious if you've run across Dr. Beebe before (no first name given). He was called to testify as Silverman's ongoing therapist. If I'm not mistaken, this is the well known Jungian therapist in San Francisco, Dr. John Beebe as I've informally heard that Silverman traveled to SF for several years for therapy. He actually stated that he saw the molestations as "inappropriate play".

Another psychiatrist, a Dr. Kjaer (again, no first name given), opined that the victims were "inquisitive sexual animals", that "the two alleged victims should be excluded from the immediate vicinity of the defendant" but that he should not be prevented from practicing, and it would be "unreasonable to incarcerate someone who has struggled so long privately with this disorder and now is making genuine progress towards recovery."

The way I read Dr. Kjaer's words, it seems that Dr. Kjaer is placing the blame for this debacle squarely on the heads of two disabled boys. They are "animals" and should be banned from Dr. Silverman's presence. And being that Dr. Silverman has made genuine progress, he should be rewarded by continued access to more young disabled "inquisitive animals". Just different ones. Did I get that right?

Mercyneal, it nearly makes my head explode--the audacity, the arrogance, the absolute disregard for the child victims. Do all these doctors serve as expert witnesses for the others? Is there a "circle of protection" around all of them?

Please let me know if you run across these names. When you think of the vulnerability of these victims, it just boggles the mind. And breaks the heart.

Missizzy- I have not heard of John Beebe before, but I am sure he and Ayres know each other. All those shrinks in the San Francisco area know each other. Like Ayres, Beebe was a Distinguished Fellow of the American Psychiatric Association. I guess Beebe still is, but Ayres is not.

I believe the Dr. Kjaer was Dr. George Kjaer, a Eugene, Oregon psychiatrist who died a couple of years ago.

Have you heard of the case of child psychiatrist Dr. Joseph DeMasi? When he was a medical resident, he told his analyst that he was a pedophile and was planning to go look for boys. Instead of reporting him, his analyst Dr. Douglas Ingram tried to get DeMasi to change his thinking. So, DeMasi went on to work as a child psychiatrist at a Connecticut hospital, where he was arrested for molesting boys. He did serve time in prison.

However, one of DeMasi's victims successfully sued DeMasi's former analyst for not reporting DeMasi to authorities.

It's all here in a New York Times story "A Child Psychiatrist and Pedophile; His Therapist Knew and Didn't Tell; A Victim is Suing"http://www.nytimes.com/1998/04/19/nyregion/child-psychiatrist-pedophile-his-therapist-knew-but-didn-t-tell-victim-suing.html?pagewanted=1

Excerpt from story about DeMasi defending his pedophiliac urges to his therapist:

But Dr. DeMasi continued to defend them, presenting Dr. Ingram with a dubious study that children were not badly hurt by sex with adults and with historical anecdotes about sex between men and boys in ancient Greece. Dr. Ingram seemed to consider this progress.

''I was pleased to see that he gradually became interested in research into the area of adults loving children from an academic perspective, that is, he was beginning to explore the literature of pedophilia in order to bolster his arguments with me, and, in so doing, was engaged in a legitimate academic pursuit,'' Dr. Ingram said in his deposition.

Guys, we need a thread or a timeline. The SF reference with these guys is giving me chills-isnt there a SF psychiatric connection to the Groenig case and the Monsterous Joseph Duncan who it is believed shot videos of his abuse of the kids??

Actually, I think there's a bigger connection than the SF area and that is Harvard. A number of child psychiatrists who trained or studied or worked at Harvard turned out to be pedophiles.

Dr. Ayres trained at a place in Boston called Judge Baker Guidance Center which is affiliated with Harvard. He later claimed that he was trained to give genital exams to boys there, which his colleagues say is a falsehood. However, there's another notorious child psychiatrist who trained at Judge Baker right after Ayres: Dr. Donald Lee Rife. Rife went to Harvard Medical School. He later had his license taken away for molesting boys in three states. Then he was caught volunteering with kids at a museum in Florida:
http://www.sptimes.com/2006/02/18/Southpinellas/I_m_no_pedophile__Dal.shtml.

Then there is child psychiatrist Dr. Alan Horowitz, educated at Harvard, who later was arrested for sodomizing boys. He fled the US while on probation and wa featured on "America's Most Wanted". He was found in India and was brought back to the US and is now serving time in federal prison.

There's also Harvard educated child psychiatrist Dr. Walter Presnell busted for molesting boy patients.

And Mel Levine graduated from Harvard Medical School and then worked in Boston, at Children's Hospital, which is affiliated with Harvard. I believe he taught at Harvard Medical School. Boys have come forward to say Levine molested them at Children's Hospital.

I have a friend in law enforcement who believes all of these guys know each other.

Actually, I think there's a bigger connection than the SF area and that is Harvard. A number of child psychiatrists who trained or studied or worked at Harvard turned out to be pedophiles.

Dr. Ayres trained at a place in Boston called Judge Baker Guidance Center which is affiliated with Harvard. He later claimed that he was trained to give genital exams to boys there, which his colleagues say is a falsehood. However, there's another notorious child psychiatrist who trained at Judge Baker right after Ayres: Dr. Donald Lee Rife. Rife went to Harvard Medical School. He later had his license taken away for molesting boys in three states. Then he was caught volunteering with kids at a museum in Florida:
http://www.sptimes.com/2006/02/18/Southpinellas/I_m_no_pedophile__Dal.shtml.

Then there is child psychiatrist Dr. Alan Horowitz, educated at Harvard, who later was arrested for sodomizing boys. He fled the US while on probation and wa featured on "America's Most Wanted". He was found in India and was brought back to the US and is now serving time in federal prison.

There's also Harvard educated child psychiatrist Dr. Walter Afield, busted for molesting boy patients.

And Mel Levine worked in Boston, at Children's Hospital, which is affiliated with Harvard. I believe he taught at Harvard Medical School. Boys have come forward to say Levine molested them at Children's Hospital.

I have a friend in law enforcement who believes all of these guys know each other.

Thanks Mercy. Let me dig up the info on the dude who was the guru of Duncan and see if he was Harvard educated...BRB

Dr. Richard Wacksman, practiced in Fargo at the time he met Duncan in SF and Duncan visited him many times in ND and then in FL where Wacksman moved. If I found the right guy in FL now, he is a pediatrician!!!

This is what I could find on his CV:
Med School:
American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Critical Care Medicine, Completed: 1982

Residencies:
State University of New York Downstate College of Medicine
Pediatrics, Completed: 1986
State University of New York Upstate Medical University
Pediatrics, Completed: 1986

Fellowships:
Ellis Hospital
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Critical Care Medicine, Completed: 1987
Albany Medical Center
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Critical Care Medicine, Completed: 1988

Admitting Privileges:
Morton Plant North Bay Hospital
6600 Madison St, New Port Richey, FL
MeritCare Hospital
720 4th St N, Fargo, ND

If I have the wrong guy, let me know and I will take the post down...
http://www.vitals.com/doctor/profile/1538128137

I would think the North Carolina Medical Board and the Attorney General's office would like to know that Levine is still passing himself off as a doctor with his medical license when he gives his talks at schools. The schools should be informed of his loss of medical license before they start shelling out money to hear him speak.
Contact Us

The NCMB’s physical address is:
North Carolina Medical Board
1203 Front Street
Raleigh, NC 27609-7533
Map and Directions

The NCMB’s mailing address is:
North Carolina Medical Board
PO Box 20007
Raleigh, NC 27619-0007

Toll-free number (800) 253.9653
Telephone: (919) 326.1100 or (919) 326.1109
Fax: (919) 326.1130 or (919) 326.1131

Mercyneal, I've assumed that this is the correct Dr. Beebe. Note that he, too, gives seminars and has quite a following. He is Jungian in his approach. I did some googling last night and could find nothing about the "official" policy for Jungian psychiatrists concerning pedophilia. I am just floored that Dr. Beebe would not have made any attempt to protect the children. He was remarkably bold in his arrogance in front of the appeals court. There were several statements in the appeals decision that he treated Silverman "for years". Wouldn't he have been a mandated reporter in the 90s?

I believe Dr. Kjaer must be Dr. George Kjaer of Eugene who has since passed. His statements and those of psychologist, Dr. Michael Knapp, are outrageous. Last I heard, Dr. Knapp is on a hiatus. He also spent years seeing clients referred from DHS. His office is only a mile from my house and he has done psych evals (in private) with two of my boys (at age 4 and 8). Odd, but my girls were sent to another doctor.

Here's another name for Silverman in case it comes up anywhere; Avraham Cohen, according to this article:

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1040968.html

An interesting comment that I'd like you to make note of, Mercyneal, is that Ashland, OR has a unique demographic. We are like the SF Bay Area "Northern Annex". Yes, we are 300 miles north of the City but we are home to the Oregon Shakespeare Festival, Southern Oregon University, and enjoy a bucolic small town atmosphere in the Siskiyou Mountains. Almost every single person I know has moved up from the Bay Area.

On my block alone, we have judges, multiple doctors, scientists, authors, Hollywood celebrities...all who have semi-retired and moved north. I wouldn't be surprised AT ALL if some of these psychiatrists and psychologists crossed paths in the Bay Area. There's also the issue of physicians being drawn to Ashland due to tax breaks for practicing in a rural area.

I forgot to mention to Mercyneal that several of these doctors were in attendance as well as a certain judge and the Director of Children Services at a dinner party we attended next door to our home in December 1997. This home belonged to the doctor and librarian parents of our children's rapist. Four months later our children disclosed their abuse.

I've mentioned this odd get-together before. My husband and I seemed to be the "guests of honor" and were peppered with questions concerning our children and their disabilities. I prattled on about the joys of special needs parenting while several in attendance wanted to know what meds my kids were taking and asked strange questions about their cognitive levels and memory. There were many questions as to which professionals we were seeing.

LE was told about the party during the investigation but nothing ever came of it. The rapist was housed at the Mayor's home in the next town over while awaiting trial. He also spent time at the Director of Children's Services home. So strange. I often feel as if we literally moved into a wolve's den (but then I don't want to disparage wolves).

Here is the link to Levine's website:
http://www.drmellevine.com/

I am puzzled as to why he is allowed to continue to style himself as a physician? There is an email link on the website to contact him if you are a former patient and let him know how you are doing.

Is that a joke?

This is what I have found out about Mel Levine: He voluntarily transferred his license to practice medicine to inactive in March of 2009. He promised never to request to practice medicine again or request that his license be made active because it would likely be denied. He also promised that he would not attempt to practice medicine outside of NC and if he did the inactive status would become revoked. I saved a copy of the PDF doc for myself.

So I find myself wondering-can he still legitimately call himself "DR"-he has no PhD that I can see. I cannot find any notice on the NCMB website showing that his license was actually revoked.

Believe09- I believe these are questions that the North Carolina Medical Board could answer. But I think for the sake of consumers- parents, school boards, etc who have paid money to hear him speak - that Levine should be required to disclose his history to these entities. I think the NC Attorney General should be apprised of this.

FWIW-this is a copy of the complaint I filed with the board:

To Whom It May Concern:
It is my understanding that Mel Levine has had his license to practice medicine revoked by the state permanently. I can only find record of his voluntary action to change his status to inactive. I read the terms of the PDF file which indicate that he is not to request to have his license made active and not to practice medicine outside of the state.

Please see the following link:
http://www.drmellevine.com/

He is still styling himself a physician, booking engagements under the same etc. I am confused. I can see that the board has not made a determination on the possibility of physicians having an Administrative Status-in any case it appears that Mel Levine would not qualify to be granted that designation. It appears that he is still practicing and consulting on some professional level. I think the public at large is being duped and that there are patients who are likely in danger from this former physician. I urge you to take action immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona