CA - Dr. William Ayres for child molestation, San Mateo, 2007 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great letter to the Board. I just filed a complaint online as well.

I also emailed the Executive Editor, the News Editor and the Investigations Editor of the Raleigh News Observer, which covered the Levine scandal. I sent them a copy from the firm that had to disentangle itself from Levine after being alerted by the public about his history.

News contacts are here:
http://www.newsobserver.com/about/newsroom/

They are going to answer my concerns within the next two weeks via USPS ;).

I got an email from an editor at the Raleigh News Observer and a reporter there, thanking me for the news tip on Levine. They were going to pass it on to an appropriate reporter.

I believe you are still a doctor, even if no license to practice. You become a doctor with your medical degree. RIght?

I know that I work with MD consultants. One who was not able to pass the medical boards in the US and he was still 'Dr' and he still worked as a 'Dr', just not with patients.

Anyway, NC is well aware of Levine. He was plastered all over our news for ages and he was well known in the medical community before and after, including working at one of our major teaching hospitals.

Thanks, Ada. Alas, there are some smaller communities and school board districts in this country - like Cooperstown,New York - and in Canada and Europe and Australia that are unaware of Levine's troubles. I believe Levine should be required to inform these entities about the status of his license, and the reason for it- before these school districts shell out good money to hear him speak. Look at how fast the consulting firm ditched him when they found out about his past.

I have spent the better part of the morning researching Ayres and Levine. It is very difficult for me to separate the cases into their own entities. It is hard not to group them together with Bradley and the twins etc...

I am going to have to step back a bit only because the media does not, of course, have the "proof" of the allegations. I think that there is enough to be very sceptical of both and in Ayres case even some of the physicians who are commenting on his case are expressing their scepticism.

I find the fact that Levine did not document and the fact that genital examination is NOT an accepted practice for the kind of evaluations he was charged with makes it easy to believe that he was doing them for his own gratification.

I would like to see movement on both cases.....

The Ayres trial starts April 12. I don't know if there have been any criminal complaints about Levine. He is in the process of being sued by a number of victims, however.

The Ayres trial starts April 12. I don't know if there have been any criminal complaints about Levine. He is in the process of being sued by a number of victims, however.

Thanks, mercy. Levine's case is a civil one because the statute of limitations ran the clock out on the original complaints. I have seen the number of original complainants rise from 5 to 7 to 51 now....I find the request for contact on his website intriguing...almost in a witness tampering kind of way if you catch my drift.

I wonder if any media covering any of these guys can find a link between them other than what you have shown us already, Mercy??!!

I know I posted this link once but I re-checked it and noticed that it has extensive comments (81). I thought I'd link to it again as it gives an inside view of how other doctors are reacting to their colleagues being accused of sex abuse crimes. I sense some shock, consternation, and a bit of disbelief in this article. I relate to this response as can you imagine how unsettling and disturbing it would be to learn that men you had held in such high esteem had tumbled off their pedestals?

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-last-normal-child/200808/there-are-no-heroes

From August 2008 (just before the election, as that is discussed) by Dr. Lawrence Diller of UCSF:

"Are there no heroes? Can you count on anyone these days without the distinct possibility that they will let you down in the future? The twin revelations this past week of John Edwards' acknowedgement of his affair and the frontpage New York times story on child sexual abuse charges against America's Preemminent pediatrician, Melvin Levine, devastated me."

much more at link with link to comment below article

I'm assuming this is the front page NY Times article to which Dr. Diller made reference. This is dated August 2008. Although I note that the Times did an earlier piece in April:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/06/us/06pediatrician.html?_r=1

".....Dr. Levine vehemently denies both the accusations and ever sexually touching a patient. And many defenders argue that Dr. Levine could not have worked at the pinnacle of his profession for so long if the accusations were true.

There have been, however, other complaints dating back 20 years....."

much more at link

Just a snip from a single comment on the page linked above. I can't urge strongly enough that these comments be read:

"Boys have committed suicide because of what Ayres did to them. Ayres also did "physicals" (including "proctology" exams on boys in every session and never kept a single medical chart on any of this (and also never gave an examination to a girl). For years parents complained to Dr. Ayres' medical partners, who turned a blind eye."

The medical partners turning "a blind eye" is exactly what we are seeing in other cases. Physicians who jokingly referred to Bradley as a pedophile should not simply be disgusting, it should be criminal.

There are other names mentioned and the Harvard connection comes up. Very interesting.

I'm starting to think that the mods need to start a new category for us; "Pedophiles in the Helping Professions".

Sadly, more names:

http://www.furiousseasons.com/archives/2009/11/child_psychiatrists_behaving_badly_with_children.html

"The Maryland Board of Physicians has suspended the license of Miguel Frontera, a Towson, Maryland psychiatrist, for alleged improper conduct with five boys in his care. The boys were being seen for ADHD...."

and an interesting snip from a comment on this page:

".....Every child psychiatrist we've talked to about giving kids exams has laughed and said that it is just not done and that it would be very dangerous to do so. One shrink said that any shrink who says he was trained to do it [ETA, genitalia exams] is just using the tired old excuse used by pedophile child psychiatrists for years.

Dr. Don Rife (arrested for pedophilia) and Dr. Ayres (arrested for pedophilia) have been conning people for decades with this nonsense."
Posted by Jack 12/29/09

and another snip from a comment:

"....As for you finding it hard to believe that a therapist would molest kids, please read up on the hundreds of news stories on other similar pedophile psychiatrists- Dr. Demasi; Dr William Ayres: Dr. Donald Lee Rife, Dr. Walter Presnell...to name a few. All of these shrinks - all with Ivy League training, molested young boys...."
Posted by Alison on 12/31/09

lots more comments at link

Gleaned from the comment section following the blog by Dr. Diller:

A forum discussing the number of professionals who turned a "blind eye":

[ame="http://www.smdailyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=695"]People Who Reported Dr. Ayres: Sad, Sad, Missed Opportunities - San Mateo Daily Journal - Forum[/ame]

A thorough and heated discussion of Dr. Diller's blog article (note: more names come up):

http://williamayreswatch.blogspot.com/2008/10/stop-supporting-child-molesters.html

I'm starting to think that the mods need to start a new category for us; "Pedophiles in the Helping Professions".

<<respectfully snipped>>

GMTA-- I just came to this thread to ask y'all what ya thought about having a thread that listed pedo-pervs that were medical doctors,psychologists/psychiatrists, nurses, respiratory therapists, etc.

Mainly because I just read where an ER physician was "was found guilty of one count of producing child *advertiser censored* and one count of attempt to coerce and entice a minor to engage in sexual activity".

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/22668803/detail.html

There are threads here for 'men who killed their wives' & 'wives who killed their husbands' -- basically running lists -- so was curious how many names of health-related professionals would be posted at year's end.

Whatchya think?

Now I get it. This is what the traumatized, embarrassed and confused adult victims of abuse at the hands of their doctors and the attorneys who represent them are:

"And worst of all: Blame the victims! Apparently Dr. [Mary] Johnson thinks that the victims got themselves molested so that later in life they could SUE, SUE, SUE!

"....in the 1980's, Pediatricians were not quite so aware of "scum-sucking pieces of excrement" who might sue them 20 years later.&#8221;

Thank you Dr. Johnson for so eloquently clarifying that for us. I'm afraid we were confused and actually believed these victims. Here's a link to some more of Dr. Johnson's thoughts on "false accusations".

http://drjshousecalls.blogspot.com/2008/04/on-dr-melvin-levine.html

And we wonder how Dr. Bradley was able to amass hundreds of victims??

Now I get it. This is what the traumatized, embarrassed and confused adult victims of abuse at the hands of their doctors and the attorneys who represent them are:

"And worst of all: Blame the victims! Apparently Dr. [Mary] Johnson thinks that the victims got themselves molested so that later in life they could SUE, SUE, SUE!

"....in the 1980's, Pediatricians were not quite so aware of "scum-sucking pieces of excrement" who might sue them 20 years later.”

Thank you Dr. Johnson for so eloquently clarifying that for us. I'm afraid we were confused and actually believed these victims. Here's a link to some more of Dr. Johnson's thoughts on "false accusations".

http://drjshousecalls.blogspot.com/2008/04/on-dr-melvin-levine.html

And we wonder how Dr. Bradley was able to amass hundreds of victims??

Yowza - Johnson's out there, right?

"As a physician, I find it very hard to believe that Dr. Levine would have been so stupid or brazen as to have done the things he is accused of doing."

Her ignorance is amazing...who gives a rat's patootie if he's smart or high-profile or a Harvard grad or whatever!!

She was really promoting the genital exam to as part of a complete physical to treat/diagnose ADD...then bostonalex asked "Should a genital exam be given at every visit or just at the first one followed by once annually? It seems that Dr. Levine liked to do this check up at every visit."

Maybe Johnson is one of those highly intelligent people who have NO COMMON SENSE and DO NOT like to look at the ugly side of life -- especially if it gets close to her.

I wonder what she thinks a pedo-perv looks & acts like?

Texas Mist--I think it's a great idea. And I'm humbled to have my brain compared to your very sharp one.

I've thought for some time that there should be a mechanism in place for prior victims of abuse by someone in the helping professions to seek out more information ie. pending suits, others who have come forward, criminal charges, license relinquishment, etc. I don't know the liability of this sort of thing but I feel it would uncover far more abuse.

On a purely personal note, I've watched for 15 years (since I got my first computer) for any suit brought against a particular doctor, a teacher, and a driving examiner who took improprieties with me while I was a teen. I have no intent on suing. I'd just like to know if these guys were ever caught. I could not have been the only other 16 year old they tried this on.

Why can't this info be in one place? Think about the Mohler case. If a person had moved out of the area and ended their involvement in the Community of Christ Church or RLDS church, it's highly unlikely they'd know to come forward about a lay pastor who raped them years ago. Now if this person knew there were five victims and counting and an ongoing investigation.........

There's comfort and healing in numbers. For proof, look at clergy abuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona