CA CA - East Area Rapist aka The Original Night Stalker 1976-86

Status
Not open for further replies.
What page or area of the book did you read that? I am about 100 pages in and haven't seen it... that would be an incredible thing for them not to be involved or know who might be around to grab the dog... let alone the dog going along with the rapist.... that is odd enough.

That the dog would be passive in going to the scene of criminal activity with a human other than its owner is really strange. I am not sure if that is actually feasible.

Hello I don't post very often here but I have been interested in the EAR/ONS case for quite some time as I lived in Sac as a teenager in the 70's when all this was going on (along with the Richard Trenton Chase murders, the Mary Vincent hitchiking incident, the Gerald and Charlene Gallego case, etc.---it was a very weird time in Sacramento).

I have noticed other posts regarding the possible medical connection between the EAR/ONS and his victims. I have also wondered about this. Perhaps EAR/ONS was a pre-med student in Sacramento, then in med school in Southern Cal....

Perhaps when he was in Sacramento EAR/ONS was going to Pre-med classes at Cal State. The profile of EAR/ONS states that he had a source of income, but that he was able to be free in the early hours of the morning, possibly didn't have to get up super-early to go to an AM job each day.

Being a student would fit with this. He might have a source of income such as family money, living with a family member, scholarships, financial aid, etc. He could go to school full time but being young, early to mid 20's maybe, and if a very good student, he'd still have this type of free time, even if only at intervals.

There were then some rapes committed by EAR/ONS in the Davis area (according to EAR/ONS website timeline). UCDavis Medical School is located there, very big well known med school. Perhaps he had started spending some time in the Davis area due to educational reasons and started to scout out/know the area better, so decided to try his had there.

Then the activity in Contra Costa county etc. Perhaps finishing up some pre-med stuff there or taking a break/spending time living with family before actually starting med-school full time after finishing pre-med courses?

Some rapes in Modesto and Stockton occured---perhaps he had family in these areas and these were done during visits etc---perhaps he'd actually grown up in Central CA, this would especially fit if when he was in his late teens or very early 20's before going to Sac, he'd actually been the Visalia Ransacker...

Then when he was actually in med school perhaps he got into a school down in Southern Cal, where the murders began. At least one of the victims was a doctor and a nurse, and another was a med student at UC Irvine...He would be extremely busy in med school but I worked in health care for years and knew many who had gone through pre-med and med school, and although they were extremely busy they still had free time at intervals.

Then, the absence of activity between 1981 and 1986... finished w/ med school now and could have been literally Anywhere in the US doing internship and residency years at a hospital....anywhere from 4-5 years. (Pre-med, med school and then residency are often in completely different locations, can be anywhere in the US or sometimes even in another country).

During this time he'd likely have been out of CA and in completely unfamiliar territory, and during internship and residency, not in school anymore, he'd perhaps simply not have the time. During residency etc. he really wouldn't have the time to do the sort of planning he needed to do, and not have much in the way of nights off, and truly be too exhausted to be as proficient as he'd need to be during the crimes. Basically just forced to put things on hold...

Then in 1986 back to his old (murdering) stomping grounds after residency done and he's back in Southern Cal for awhile...committing that one final murder...

He obviously was comfortable in the types of neighborhoods where professional people lived.

And after that? Perhaps joining a practice in another state---perhaps actually "settling down" for lack of a better phrase....like BTK was able to do. Getting older, wanting to use his control over others in different ways, perhaps as one of those (thankfully rare) sadistic MDs in a position of power where he could be as arrogant to others as he pleased and watch people in pain, and order people around and make money doing it...maybe weighing the risks and deciding it's not worth it anymore---too much to lose.

Or perhaps continuing to murder in another state or country, although I read that they have not been able to find crimes of this type with the same MO since...or maybe he was simply in a car accident on a So. Cal freeway one day...

i think that break in the voice is a sneeze, very little sneeze.

If thats a tv in the background its very quiet in the beginning of the tape. I thought I understood part of the womans voice saying "hanging around". I am thinking someone made a tape and played it in the phone, thus the small sneeze in the background the same time the tape is playing.

Could he be at a bus station/train station? It sounded like an announcement of some sort.:waitasec:

That the dog would be passive in going to the scene of criminal activity with a human other than its owner is really strange. I am not sure if that is actually feasible.

Taking a dog with you to this type of crime seems like a huge risk, if not downright foolish. You never know what an animal might do to give you away no matter how well trained it is. I suppose he thought he could use the dog to protect him in case he lost control of the situation but it almost looks more like a companionship thing to me. It is definitely a very bizarre element.

If he has died then his family must be covering for him. I can't imagine that his belongings didn't contain many things that would incriminate him.

I want to know more about the dog. If LE found the owners how did they explain it going missing ? Was it returned ? Did it wander back home etc. I have certain friends that could take my dog and he'd behave, So, I want to know more about the dog.

For those of you familiar with the case you know of the poetry. This is what I found that could be part of it. It is a famous poet that I think influenced one of the ears. It is only a excerpt. I think you can copy what is written below and google it and find the whole poem and the author. I think there were four ears, and at least one of them went on to become the ons. The main points for me are the references to rapes and mafia. That and what the author stood for.

AMERIKA,
suckler of life and love,
murderer of brown-flecked children ...

venomous putain nation,
genuflector to dollar signs,
adulator of sordid rapes and mafiosi enterprises,

AMERIKA-THE-DESECRATOR,
the world sits
tribunally indicting you
with anger reminescent
OF Dachau, Buchenwald

This is another excerpt of an essay written by another author. The same goes for it. Again this author stood for a similar cause.

"Every human architect must do likewise with his edifice; he must mould his bricks or hew his stones into symmetrical solids and lay them over one another in regular strata, like a poet's lines."

If you read the entire essay, I think you can see some of the same themes as the ear poem. It is sad to think that this might be an influence of the ears.

I have four POI's that I think are connected. By themselves they do not fit the profile that most people I have read seem to believe, but when you look at what united them, their location, scholastic and military history, and motivations, I believe they fit perfect.

I am looking for criticisms and new ideas to help fill out this theory of who the ear ons was. I may be completely wrong about this, most likely so, but still I find it interesting.

Dewclaw, can you name your suspects and why ?

The dog had 3 toes and was a white GSD or Alsation, somebody mentioned that LE knew who owned the dog, that's why I want to know more about the dog/owners etc.

I can name the poi's. I have a lot of information on them.

There is a lot I dont know about the case though. And it seems hard to find info about it. I spent a great deal of time working on that poem. I dont know if I am right for certain. But it seems closer than anything else I have read. I think the apostrophes are a reference to Bonnie Parker's poetry. Just saying. Has anybody come up with anything like this? I dont know. If the poem is authentic shouldnt it lead someone to believe that the ear was educated, that he was articulate, and that he was trying to convey a message about something. maybe it wasnt to the general sacramento population, maybe it was to a group with similar beliefs as him. While the poem might have a regrettable subject matter, it does seem to express ideas efficiently. And the fact that he mentioned the movies. The film Hitchhike was released in 1978 in the US, 1977 in europe. One of the ears was in europe that year. Look at the MO change in 77 from single females to couples. Is that a coincidence? I find it amazing to think of all the crimes inspired by movies and the movies inspired by crimes.

I read an earlier poster commenting on how the police didn't seem interested. I think they are. But this case seems like a mess. When you just think about all the trouble the Smith murders caused. And then to find out that they were actually related to all these other crimes.

I have a working theory. It is not set in stone. I get a new idea and I try researching it and seeing if I can find something or someone which helps explain the rest. Some of it is so simple it sounds unbelievable. Some of it too complicated. But altogether it makes enough sense for me to keep looking at.

I read also that the dog ended up in a beach community. I believe the owner was killed in mexico in the mid 80's. I dont know of any results in trying to connect them to the crimes.

I wish there was a site that had the parts of this case narrowed into threads without all the childishness.

I wish there was a way to make public the things I have found.

Thanks Dewclaw, I'll try and read the threads again to try and catch up. Keep posting as and when you get ideas.

That is a good thread. I have read about Glasby before. I didnt know he had lived in Sac. The poi i have for the ear and the ons murders was from san diego. His father was from ensenada. I have wondered if he didnt grow up going back and forth across the border. I think he might have been involved trafficking drugs across the border also.

Here is a link to a picture of a jacket I believe they are saying the Ear was wearing.

http://community.aetv.com/_Corn-Jacket/photo/18511667/119137.html?b=&enlarge=true

they said it had the writing "corn" on it. If this is so I would suggest it could refer to ACORN. Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now. I believe they were also called just CORN. In the late 70's they were expanding greatly and were working with Cesar Chavez and others in the Sacramento area. If that jacket did refer to CORN I think that would shake things up. I wonder what Rush would make of it.

It would fit in with my POIs in that the one I think went on to become the ONS was a political science major, was involved with mexican american rights, and gay and lesbian rights. He also worked in the insurance, mortgage and tax fields which ACORN was heavily involved with. He also set up non-profit organizations.

At the convention in Memphis in 1978 I believe ACORN discussed the impact of rape on the poor. I stayed up fairly late last night reading the "The Seeds of Change". One of the things I found interesting was that they were trying to find loopholes in the welfare system and then overwhelm it with demands and crash the system. It seems like the exact opposite of what JFK's "Ask not" speech was all about. It read like ACORN was proud of all this.

I need time to catch up, pretty busy with something else but will look at this asap.

Investigation Discovery's "Dark Minds" explores unsolved murders likely committed by serial killers, and its second season is more dramatic than ever.

Investigation Discovery sent BI an advance copy of the episode premiering Feb. 27. It explores the saga of the Original Night Stalker, a serial killer who terrorized Southern California in the '70s and '80s.

Read more.

The case is getting a full court press. The LA mag article will be published online tomorrow and in the March, 2013 print version.

This coupled with the airing of the "Dark Minds" episode tomorrow night.

* Newly released phone recording of EAR/ONS to be released tomorrow.

NEWS BREAK!

FINALLY POSSIBLE WRITING IN THE EAR/ONS CASE!

http://www.lamag.com/offtherecord

Asking for help from all interested members, even if this has not been a case you have studied much.

It would be great to ELIMINATE or INCLUDE Kaczynski and/or The Zodiac, and other suspects and killers.

Can we compare this cursive to Ted cursive and possible Zodiac cursive? Can we compare the map to drawings and diagrams from Ted and from Zodiac?

Like both the Zodiac and Kaczynski, the EAR/ONS used the word "punishment".

Zodiac = I promised to punish them if they did not comply, by anilating a full School Buss. But now school is out for the summer, so I punished them in another way. Mt. Diablo Letter, 1970.

Kaczynski = The people who are pushing all this growth and progress garbage deserve to be severely punished. New York Times Letter, 1995.

Like Ted, he kept a journal where he complained about ill treatment from school teachers.

Like Ted he drew maps.

I have not yet evaluated the handwriting itself, I got this 5 minutes ago! Please help me evaluate the map drawing, the handwriting and the content!

ear_on10.jpg

ear_on11.jpg

ear_on12.jpg

Site where the Visalia Ransacker (VR) shot at a police officer - he hit the flashlight the officer was holding.

visali10.jpg

Site where VR shot and killed Professor Claude Snelling.

visali11.jpg

Article on police theory that VR became the EAR/ONS.

visali12.jpg

Comparison of VR sketch and two pics of Ted Kaczynski 1970's.
ted_ka28.jpg
visali16.jpg
ted_ka20.jpg

Comparison of side view of VR sketch and side view of Ted Kaczynski

visali17.jpg
ted_ka25.jpg

Sketch of Maggiore Killer/EAR/ONS and Ted Kaczynski 1970's

maggio11.jpg
ted_ka27.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can see above that in 1978, Ted Kaczynski looked like the EAR/ONS did in 1978 - short dirty blonde to light brown hair, clean cut look, fresh face.

And below you can see that Ted Kaczynski in 1986 looked like the EAR/ONS did in 1986 - medium to longish unkempt dirty hair, light brown in color, face is a little darker, lined.

This is a sketch of the EAR/ONS as he looked in 1986.

It is believed this man was seen in the area around the home of Janelle Cruz and attracted suspicion. We don't know the details.

Compared to pictures of Ted Kaczynski - notice they both have a visible Adam's apple on their throat, and it is purplish. Also notice the similar lines on the face and around the eyes, jutting chin and prominent jaw, beak like nose (though Ted broke his nose on purpose, the FBI says, as a disguise), almond shaped eyes, arched/crooked right eyebrow, thin lips.

Then compared to two pictures of a man at the Bari redwoods protest near Eureka, CA in 1990, thought to be Ted Kaczynski.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

origin13.jpg
ted_ka33.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then compared to two pictures of a man at the Bari redwoods protest near Eureka, CA in 1990, thought to be Ted Kaczynski.

ted_br13.jpg
origin11.jpg
ted_br14.jpg

I think the map could be at the corner of Hollister and Storke in Goleta. I wonder if the guy thought he might have had the chance to develop that area. If you turn the map so that the left side is pointing north the store area seems to match up real close. At least to my eye.

I wonder if the names on the pages might have been his idea for streetnames.

Cliff May, the house designer, seems to be in important figure in this case for me. He was from San Diego, he had spanish blood, his ancestors even had a landgrant from the Spanish. I wonder who he might have had working for him.

I am starting to believe that this case is really connected to Vicki Morgans. Seriously.

William Morgan Hetrick seems to pop up everywhere. He knew Lyman, Fletcher Jones. Arthur Jones. And so many many other people. Some of ended up dead in plane crashes. Others in jail for drug smuggling. Not that Hetrick was the Ear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona