CA CA - East Area Rapist aka The Original Night Stalker 1976-86

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to a sworn statement by DEA agent Crawford, who has been investigating the Cali Cartel since 1978, Tsalickis has been involved in importing cocaine since 1983. He and his family are suspected of laundering drug proceeds through businesses in Pinellas County, including the Tarpon Financial Center at 855 U.S. 19 S, an office and warehouse complex in Tarpon Springs

http://www.tampabay.com/news/massive-load-of-cocaine-seized-in-pinellas-county-in-1988/994818

Just some more interesting things possibly related to Lyman, Hetrick, Jones, Mermelstein.

In 1972, twenty-six Brown Berets occupied the Santa Catalina Island and claimed it for Mexico. However, by this time, the organization had been weakened by internal conflicts and police and FBI infiltration.

Excerpt of history of the Brown Berets.

January 1970
La Raza of Logan Heights was threatened with violence by the Hells Angels. The San Diego Brown
Beret responded promptly to protect the Barrio effectively thwarting them.

April 22, 1970
The San Diego Brown Beret occupy the land that was to be a California Highway Patrol station in
Logan Heights under the Coronado Bridge, forming Chicano Park, which has now become a symbol
of Chicano pride and power that is famous around the world.

Summer 1970
The Brown Beret were promoted and organized in various California prisons, as well as in parts of
Mexico, Europe, and Asia by Chicano U.S. Military personnel that agreed with Brown Beret goals
and plans.

May 5, 1971
The Brown Beret marched one thousand miles from Calexico to Sacramento in “La Marcha de la
Reconquista” to protest statewide against racial and institutionalized discrimination, police brutality,
and the high number of Chicano casualties in Vietnam.

Besides Los Angeles, the Brown Berets claim to have chapters in 27 other cities including Fresno, San Francisco, Sacramento, Berkeley, Oxnard, Denver, Albuquerque and San Antonio. The members range in age from 14 to 35.

At a recent Chicano youth liberation conference in Denver, at which many Brown Berets participated mostly as security guards, about 1,500 Chicano youths from the five Southwestern states adopted a statement of beliefs which condemned the "brutal gringo invasion of our territories."

Brown Berets look up to the leadership of Reies Lopez Tijerina, the New Mexico land grants crusader, and Rodolfo (Corky) Gonzales, leader of the Denver-based civil rights organization, the Crusade for Justice. Both men preach ethnic nationalism and separatism.

http://publishing.cdlib.org/ucpress...&chunk.id=d0e7070&toc.id=d0e7070&brand=eschol

Besides Los Angeles, the Brown Berets claim to have chapters in 27 other cities including Fresno, San Francisco, Sacramento, Berkeley, Oxnard, Denver, Albuquerque and San Antonio. The members range in age from 14 to 35.

At a recent Chicano youth liberation conference in Denver, at which many Brown Berets participated mostly as security guards, about 1,500 Chicano youths from the five Southwestern states adopted a statement of beliefs which condemned the "brutal gringo invasion of our territories."

Brown Berets look up to the leadership of Reies Lopez Tijerina, the New Mexico land grants crusader, and Rodolfo (Corky) Gonzales, leader of the Denver-based civil rights organization, the Crusade for Justice. Both men preach ethnic nationalism and separatism.

http://publishing.cdlib.org/ucpress...&chunk.id=d0e7070&toc.id=d0e7070&brand=eschol

On one wall is the startling legend in large black letters "Por mi raza mato." (For my race, I kill.) The organization was recently given an eviction notice by the landlord. The previous Brown Beret headquarters on Soto St. was bombed last Christmas Eve.

I was born in Sacramento, California. I first got involved with the Chicano Movement in the late 60s and then into the early zany 70s.

I was born into a Mexican-American family. English was the dominant language in the home. I was raised to speak English. Both my parents were bi-lingual, speaking both English and Spanish. Language is the key element in a people’s culture. Now I am not fluent in Spanish. As children we were told that we were Mexicans, though I knew we were not really the same as Mexicans from Mexico. We were raised in a bi-cultural society, but the dominant influence was still White Amerikan culture. We were not Mexicans from Mexico nor were we fully accepted into White racist Amerikan society as U.S. citizens.

In the late 60s, mainly because of the influence of the Civil Rights Movement many African-Americans were calling themselves ‘black’ with pride, not Negros. For us in Sacra, the concept of being a Chicano came north from Mexico down south through the Chicanos of East Los Angeles. It was a new term that gave us a sense of identity as a people that we did not have before. Chicanos were the hyphen in Mexican-American. We were not color blind yet neither were we stuck on color. Having mainly brown skin with a wide variation in skin color we were more aware of and sensitive to basic cultural differences than skin color.

Another excerpt from an activist account.

I've had no luck with the BDSM dungeon, can't find a thing.

Working through the online book 'Sudden Terror' by Larry Compton to see if I can get more general info on the case. here's the link for a free read

http://www.scribd.com/doc/74858423/Sudden-Terror

The AETV site is a jumbled mess, I contacted admin days ago but had no reply. There's missing posts, threads etc - What a crucial time to have this happen, right after Michelle McNamara's article in a place where, as Dewclaw says, all the best posters and info is kept.

A general observation - two real estate people remember having contact with a guy who was pock marked from acne. He had gone checking properties using a story that he was looking for a relative. He didn't check the normal things in the two houses, spent his time looking at windows and entry points. He lied about who he worked for and gave a false name.
One of the victims was told (while he was wearing his mask) that people made fun of him because of his facial deformity, I believe he was being truthful.
This guy knew if anybody saw his face he would soon be caught because he was pock marked.
We could do worse than look at year books, starting with McClatchy school and other schools and academys.
I can't acess them because I'm in UK, would some kind US citizen maybe take some time out and look ?

Somebody else suggested year books on AETV forum
http://community.aetv.com/service/displayDiscussionThreads.kickAction?as=119137&w=278284&d=582677

The story behind the decal is that an El Camino was seen on the Levy near the time of an attack nearby with that decal. At another time an El Camino with a nearly identical description on the decal was seen. Although the vehicles were different colors, the second one was seen at North Island, near Coronado by a miltary personnel.

I copied this from one of the posters off of aetv. They know so much about the case but but because of the way the threads are it is so hard to find info like this. This seems so important also. Does anyone know what year of El Camino it was? I think Robin Hood was onto to something with the Milling and CKM connection. I wonder if anybody at that school would recognize the car.

I havent been able to log on to AETV for days.

The El Camino was seen on the 5/17/77 in the area of Sand Bar, Carmichael. Possible year 1976/77
Partial plate #366

info here [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIohO5iDPr0"]SMW_E1.wmv - YouTube[/ame]

I'm trying to contact Archangel from the AETV forums re. Michael Manier who owned the Oldsmobile coupe plate TOR 505 died by suicide in feb'76 in police custody.

His stepfather was an Italian and in the waste disposal business? I guess that isnt a stereotype.

http://community.aetv.com/_Hollister-and-Storke/photo/18755666/119137.html?enlarge=true

That is a comparison of the of the sketch and a map hollister and storke. Its better if you google it with the satelite image. I think the stores match up real close. I think the creeks coming together would be a natural spot to put a lake. Also the proximity to the highway seems important. As well as the general topography. I dont think the fact that the streets ended up different is a reason not to investigate the history of this property. Maybe the stores were already built and the drawer was just trying to come up with the layout for the homes. Maybe some teacher chose that site at random. If Lyman had some connection to the development I would think that his murder would not be as random as some suggest.

Read the thread titled "Davis 6/24/78 Golden Bear Sportswear Jacket" Guessting supplied us with new, very interesting information about the jacket. It appears the EAR/ONS left behind a blue suede Golden Bear brand jacket. Trying to trace the jacket, they could only find two stores in San Francisco that definitely carried that jacket in that color and both were gay leather apparel stores. (That jacket was carried in Sacramento but the manager and an employee say they don't believe they carried it in that color) In a psycological profile it is stated that they believed EAR/ONS was in a "homosexual panic" and now the connection to the gay apparel store, ergo the double meaning of "in the closet".

Sandia posted this.
http://community.aetv.com/service/d...ion?as=119137&w=278284&d=710869&d-1169404-p=3

I think I've got this right. The car (reg TOR 505) owned by Michael Manier who died in Police custody in feb'76 was seen near the rape on 18th Oct 1976 in Del Dayo, Carmichael possibly being driven by EAR/ONS. That, is just under 10 miles from Michael's parents address from the 1940 census. That could put our guy local to the Midtown area.

I have some addresses associated with what I have been following that are between 16th, 21st, and Hst and the railroad bridge.

Does anyone know if there has been any connection with Pendola ranch?

The reason I brought up the brown berets is that if you look at the uniforms they are wearing you can see they have spent a vast amount of time creating them. Finding symbols, and colors, and creating a meaning for themselves. Back in the 70's I have read that there were many chicano vets attending CSUS on the GI Bill. I dont think it is too far of a stretch to say that the decal could have actually been created by a group like this. They might have modeled it after some group they were a part of in their own US service or some south american group that was committing atrocities in the dirty war they were having. There was actually a group in the Sac area that was doing this. For a brief time their acronym was "AFC". But they were mexican american and the EAR had blue eyes. And everybody knows that mexican americans dont have blue eyes. So why would anybody suspect them.

Also how common was it that the EAR stole camera equipment?

Also, it seems like there were two things going on. There is the sexual part of the rape. Where the EAR seemed to have trouble with limpness and .... And there was the domination and terror which the EAR did not seem to have any problem with. The EAR would seem to be a likely candidate for BDSM. And not just some weekend warrior but possibly a well respected and revered member of clubs. I would like to ask if it matters who the EAR was terrorizing, whether male or female, does the sex even matter to him. If he knew your worst fear, reagardless if he enjoyed it or not, wouldnt that be the one he would choose. A women violated while the man watched or listened, helpless to save her. Knowing that their lives would somehow be frozen in that moment. Could the ear have even been gay? Or bi-sexual? And trying to get his own revenge against the "breeders"? San Francisco was having riots during this period.

Drugs. Mermelstein. Hetrick. Jones.

Could any of the above help to explain what happened?

Dewclaw, my address is the same address as yours, if I'm following it right.

Edited to add. 2 miles from McClatchy school, 35 min walk or 13 mins by bike. I'm thinking Michael could have gone to McClatchy, I would love to find out who his friends were.
Born 1948, so it would be easy enough to find his teachers (if they are still alive) Michaels younger brother might have friends they shared.

McClatchy school, where June Millington writes on the wall

''June June Millington wrote on Sep 07, 2011:

hey all you homies! June and Jean Millington will be do a show at the Palms on Sat October 8th ~ we started at McClatchy in '65 and haven't looked back, rockin' and rolling

link http://www.alumniclass.com/ckmcclatchy/class-of-1966

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members