Identified! CA - Eureka, Female Torso, 18-25, SK victim, UP53661F, in Ryan Slough, Oct'97 - Kerry Ann Cummings

She could be anyone. Thinking about Kimberly Green from Colorado. Just respectfully "throwing her in". There is not much to hang on to, other then she went missing in 1996 from Aurora CO, had two little daughters (so gave birth) working for SuperShuttle as a dispatcher (thinking she new her way into transportation). Filed for divorce just before she went missing (what is kind of a red flag, considering husbands) Her scent was last picked up by a dog at a Total Gas Station about a mile away and then to E. Colfax and I-225, which is an approx. 21 hours drive to Eureka, CA. Dark brown hair (looking at her pictures) and medium complexion. 5'5"; 130-150 lbs, that would fit in the UID range. No mentioning of a tattoo or a discoloration on her thight, though. The Doe Network: Case File 1546DFCO
I thought about Kimberly too, but her husband is convicted of her murder Colorado man guilty of murder after burying his wife alive – The Denver Post

At the time of the murders Wayne worked as a long-haul truck driver, carrying lumber throughout Oregon, California, Nevada and Arizona.

The man convicted of killing this woman claimed she was from Arizona [AZ], New Mexico [NM] or Colorado [CO]. She had left because she was upset over a relationship issue and/or a child custody issue. These last two sentences were offered by the killer and have not been confirmed as true.

Considering his "route", this woman could have come from all the three states he claimed. Geographically it would fit. It's a "petty" he couldn't come up with where she was heading...if she had a destination at all.

Potential matches from Arizona.

Heather Lindsay Silver, missing since September 12, 1997 from Tucson Arizona
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Maria Antonia Mauricio, missing from
A lot off tattoos, no ring of flowers

Deborah Suzzanne Johnson, missing from Phoenix, AZ
Missing Person / NamUs #MP3882 Deborah Suzzanne Johnson
Tasmanian devil tattoo on right ankle.

Because of the placing of the tattoo's the only possible match left is Heather Silver.... IMO

Potential matches from Arizona.

Heather Lindsay Silver, missing since September 12, 1997 from Tucson Arizona

Maria Antonia Mauricio, missing from
A lot off tattoos, no ring of flowers

Deborah Suzzanne Johnson, missing from Phoenix, AZ
Missing Person / NamUs #MP3882 Deborah Suzzanne Johnson
Tasmanian devil tattoo on right ankle.

Because of the placing of the tattoo's the only possible match left is Heather Silver.... IMO
I just checked and I submitted her 32 weeks ago. No update or rule out, possibly due to missing identifiers(dna)... I may have made it through Doe Network, who I have since stopped using for submissions as I found their submission criteria too strict so unless someone else has also made one, I am going to do it again direct to LE.

Last edited:
I just checked and I submitted her 32 weeks ago. No update or rule out, possibly due to missing identifiers(dna)... I may have made it through Doe Network, who I have since stopped using for submissions as I found their submission criteria too strict so unless someone else has also made one, I am going to do it again direct to LE.

Great! I actually never submitted to the Doe network, there is no need to.

@Nate_Bro did you ever receive a response from LE? Is she now appearing as a R/O?

*Bump*

So, I've noticed that Eureka Jane Doe's NamUs page has been updated a few times the last couple of months after being silent for a long time, but I can't see what's been updated. Still no NamUs exclusions for EJD, but they might just be hidden from public view. Can't find anything of Humboldt County using forensic genealogy to solve cases, either, but that could just be unofficial as of now.

*Bump*

So, I've noticed that Eureka Jane Doe's NamUs page has been updated a few times the last couple of months after being silent for a long time, but I can't see what's been updated. Still no NamUs exclusions for EJD, but they might just be hidden from public view. Can't find anything of Humboldt County using forensic genealogy to solve cases, either, but that could just be unofficial as of now.
Another unknown update for Eureka Jane Doe as of February 3rd. Something's gotta be up. Fingers crossed!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back