GUILTY CA - Gianni, 24, & Sal Belvedere, 22, Ilona Flint, 22, San Diego, 24 Dec 2013 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clarification:

The ME did not announce the manner of death as homicide.
The PRELIMINARY manner of death is homicide.

The autopsy has not even been done yet.
They do not have an official cause of death OR manner of death.

They can suspect all they want, but it is NOT official.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...i-Belvedere-Case-241229391.html#ixzz2r0alpoqT

The Riverside Sheriff's Department is also now involved in the Riverside case because it will be performing the autopsy, which is scheduled for later this week.

In addition LE in both Riverside AND San Diego have said homicide does NOT exclude suicide as a possibility.

Some interesting tidbits:

This seems to me that one of the employees seemed to have realized that it was the car being sought since they'd have to have conveyed enough for the dispatcher to relay that the car was Gianni's.
On Friday, an employee in a strip mall in Riverside called police about a suspicious car and odor backed in a parking space in the lot.

Dispatch: "It's going to be a green Toyota Camry with a front Utah plate … It was associated with a missing persons."

Interesting Cyril Wecht is chiming in. He IS a very prominent man. Wonder if he might get asked to be an expert in a case (assuming it's murder all the way around, not murder-suicide) if this were to go to trial.

The coroner ruled the death as a homicide but there could be other possibilities.

"I would not rule out suicide, I would not rule out suicide," said Dr. Cyril Wecht

He is a well-known forensic pathologist who says the investigation will hinge on the condition of the remains.

I remember Dr. Cyril Wecht from the Anthony case. I wonder if the autopsy findings will give solid confirmation one way or the other if this was a homicide or suicide without doubt. I would think so.
(they do get it wrong sometimes, IMO, thinking of Rebecca Zahou)

It's so pitifully limited that the only witness report of a suspect or person of interest is somebody wearing tan pants. That's it, no other description. Now, I'm curious to find out what color pants Gianni had on.

It's sad, sad, sad no matter who did it, and such a loss. Sending out prayers to the families and loved ones.

Details Still Elusive in Gianni Belvedere Case
http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Details-Still-Elusive-in-Gianni-Belvedere-Case-241229391.html

"With these types of shootings, it really goes back to some sort of revenge: you owe me money, you owe me drugs, etc.," former FBI special agent Brad Garrett told Good Morning America on Monday.

"Cell phones, emails, there's something in their background that led to this ... and I'm going to guess that it is out there," said Garrett.

http://www.10news.com/news/former-f...shooting-outside-mission-valley-mall-01202014

The big question. Is there a gun in the trunk?

From the New York Daily News:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...eve-triple-murder-slay-case-article-1.1586309

"We won't know [the cause of death] until the autopsy," San Diego Police Det. Mike Hastings told the U-T San Diego newspaper. "Obviously, there is significant evidence in that car."

I hope they can finish the autopsy today to shed more light but it sounds like it could be delayed because of yesterdays holiday.

I read an interesting comment under one of the articles yesterday. It was from an attorney who was weighing in with his thoughts on GB. He seemed to have a strong belief that GB, IF and SB were victims of a drug/money deal. IF and SB were killed as a warning and GB was made to watch as a form of torture. Of course it's all heresay and speculation but it really made me think how this could happen if Gianni was in fact a homicide victim as well.

I guess we wait and see and continue :banghead:

I heard on the news that the Belvedere family has confirmed the body IS in fact GB's, but LE will not publicly confirm that. I also think that it is possible that the killer was after GB and his GF, mistaking his brother for him. They would have had to find GB very quickly after that, before he had a chance to inform the police. Or, as someone else also stated, the double murder may have been a warning to GB because he owed a debt. When he ran rather than paying up (or maybe he couldn't come up with the repayment in time) they went after him. I think that once they pinpoint the time of death we will be able to narrow down the possible scenarios (killed immediately or shortly after bro & GF = mistaken identity; killed a week or two later = latter scenario). Granted, this isn't based on anything but wild speculation - just trying to come up with some sort of theories to satisfy my own mind. One thing is clear: They were mixed up in some nasty muck. There is no way this was random, especially given the recent discovery. And it wasn't low level dope-slinging, either.

Just to clarify something, the term homicide does not mean murder. It simply means death that was not natural. Suicide is not excluded when homicide is mentioned. I know some of us are stuck on that right now.

That said, I don't think it was suicide, or at least I am hoping it wasn't.

The detective saying "obviously there is a lot of evidence in that trunk" (or something to that effect) to me means they have something that will point them in either direction. Example: G was bound and gagged (evidence of murder) or there was a suicide note and the gun was in his hand (evidence of suicide).

I think they have the answers but aren't yet ready to share them for whatever reason.

Just to clarify something, the term homicide does not mean murder. It simply means death that was not natural. Suicide is not excluded when homicide is mentioned. I know some of us are stuck on that right now.

Homicide: The killing of one human being by another human being.

The killing of oneself is a suicide, not a homicide.

The only time a suicide would not be excluded from a homicide is if the investigators thought the suicide was assisted.

The detective saying "obviously there is a lot of evidence in that trunk" (or something to that effect) to me means they have something that will point them in either direction. Example: G was bound and gagged (evidence of murder) or there was a suicide note and the gun was in his hand (evidence of suicide).

I think they have the answers but aren't yet ready to share them for whatever reason.

As many have mentioned here I also don't want it to be suicide. The deaths of IF and SB were so personal and horrific I just don't want to think that GB could do something so cold to those he loved so much. :facepalm:

Because this case has been so highly publicized and has been quite the mystery, I honestly feel that if there was any indication of a suicide that the PD would have immediately stated so, simply to put the wild speculation to rest. They are obviously intentionally withholding information, which indicates to me that they don't want to tip any one off or spoil the investigation in any way. Every single word, action, etc., by LE indicates this is a homicide (murder) rather than a suicide.

And another big question: where has GB been all this time?

Probably hiding out, planning his next step. Personally, IMO, MOO, I think he killed the 2, drove off (somewhere) and eventually ended up killing himself. If in fact it was death by suicide, I would expect a gun in the trunk. I know there's mention of death by homicide, but we're also told not to rule out suicide.

That's my take on it. Now the WHY may prove much more difficult to answer.

MOO.

Mel

Homicide: The killing of one human being by another human being.

The killing of oneself is a suicide, not a homicide.

The only time a suicide would not be excluded from a homicide is if the investigators thought the suicide was assisted.

Granted my 'knowledge' is coming from crime shows on TV, but I think they call it a homicide until they know for sure what happened - or at least it's investigated by the homicide division until then.

I highly doubt they know either way. Even if they found a gun in the trunk in his hand it still doesnt necessarily mean suicide. Especially if it's a professional job. Someone can easily stage the scene hoping LE jumps to the same love triangle scenario many have suspected. Until they do the autopsy and then do some ballistics work and checking the bullet path. It could take awhile before its ruled suicide even if it all points that way. I'm glad they are doing there due diligence and not jumping to any conclusions.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I think this article sums up all the information available http://www./1103547/san-diego-murders-whose-body-was-in-the-trunk-of-gianni-belvederes-car/ I promise it's not like the limo bail bonds article :) haha sorry about posting it I just thought it was interesting that he said Gianni was shot in the head and one of my coworkers forwarded the article to me. I think to shed some light on how I met Gianni and knew he was going to school to be a doctor was because I met him through friends and I brought him in for an interview at my company I work for a drug development/pharmaceutical manufacturer I told him when I met him working in the manufacturing process of drugs would be great experience. I'm not sure how much I can disclose for his privacy reasons but he didn't end up taking the job due to a schedule conflict. I really admire how much thought all of you put into this case and I was initially hesitant to say how I met him but for some reason I really like you guys (I need my Facebook back before I get addicted to this site haha)

It may take time for the San Diego Medical Examiner to release the results. Thought they are supposed to be performing the autopsy today or tomorrow, for any reason they may need to run toxicology tests (which takes days, weeks).

If a gun was found in the trunk, then the important thing to do would be establish the time of death. They will probably have an easy time determining if the person was killed and then the car was driven and parked as opposed to a suicide at the scene.

I think this article sums up all the information available http://www./1103547/san-diego-murders-whose-body-was-in-the-trunk-of-gianni-belvederes-car/ I promise it's not like the limo bail bonds article :) haha sorry about posting it I just thought it was interesting that he said Gianni was shot in the head and one of my coworkers forwarded the article to me. I think to shed some light on how I met Gianni and knew he was going to school to be a doctor was because I met him through friends and I brought him in for an interview at my company I work for a drug development/pharmaceutical manufacturer I told him when I met him working in the manufacturing process of drugs would be great experience. I'm not sure how much I can disclose for his privacy reasons but he didn't end up taking the job due to a schedule conflict. I really admire how much thought all of you put into this case and I was initially hesitant to say how I met him but for some reason I really like you guys (I need my Facebook back before I get addicted to this site haha)

I appreciate your candor. But now that you have shared this information, it begs more questions.

What qualified Gianni to work at a pharma mfg?
What college was he attending, medical school? If he was going to be a doctor, why was he setting up a food company? (La Primavera)
Do you know where he worked at the time he applied for the job?
Your information can help and what school people attend, what job they have and such are not really privacy concerns.

I don't recall the school I've been digging for his resume I think it was ucsd but it may have been ucsd extension I don't think it was UCR in Riverside. To work in manufacturing you don't need any particular skill a lot of its just following a recipe and cGMP protocol it's so easy a caveman could do it. I did know he worked at Marios and I am not sure about the gluten free line of products I think that may have been Ilona's thing due to her being gluten intolelerant (I am not 100% on that but she was like me in the way she liked to hang out with gay guys and I heard it from my #1 gay whom is friends with Andre who owned the vintage store in Del Mar) I'm not sure if this helps clarify any of your questions Sandyggo

It may take time for the San Diego Medical Examiner to release the results. Thought they are supposed to be performing the autopsy today or tomorrow, for any reason they may need to run toxicology tests (which takes days, weeks).
<snipped>
Has it been stated that the San Diego ME is going to do the autopsy? I sure hope not!! I think it is the Riverside coroner who is scheduled to perform it... ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member