GUILTY CA - Gianni, 24, & Sal Belvedere, 22, Ilona Flint, 22, San Diego, 24 Dec 2013 - #3

OT -Sad to hear Joan Rivers died today at 81 yrs. old.

I would love to know what that text message said. I'm not even sure I want to ask this question but... what's "blood spatter" that someone might want to indulge in?
Lol! The God complex that is powered by blood shed and control

Lol! The God complex that is powered by blood shed and control

Sorry, I swear I'm not trying to be dense, just trying to understand - so you're thinking he killed one person and went "yeah! I can control this family!"? And then he went after the rest of them? Was there some reason he picked someone to be first?

CBS has obtained 37 new search warrants and their news team is currently reviewing them. "New details" will be released on their website later today. No word on if/when they will be available for public viewing.

Not too much disclosed yet . . .
Carlo's employee records were searched, he worked at Mission Valley Target store where the shootings took place. Odd he searched the address on his phone. Someone here said he worked there 8 years, I wonder if it was in San Diego or Northern Cali where he has 2 prior addresses.
Also looked into the victims' father and drug dealer associations.

7) Entered R.I.P. onto his phone calendar, on the date of the murder
8) His password for syncing his electronics was 'assassin'

:facepalm: I hadn't seen yesterday's updates so until I go back and read I'm just scanning through it all.

But those two...holy cow.

Am I losing my mind or did they not say on the news reports months back that he worked for the MM Target and some co-worker confirmed it, and there was mention of 8 yrs. of employment? Could swear it was on a news report and I'm not imagining it. If it now turns back to the MV one, it would make more sense he knew Ilona.

Can't wait to see new warrants.

I'm curious what led to Sal entering rehab . . . why in Utah? why for "several months", as reported by local news?
Also reported, he was "clean" for 3 months. Perhaps he stayed with the uncle who lives there, after he was released from an in patient facility. He was only back a week prior to the shootings, maybe it was a temporary visit for the holidays.

Possibly Sal was the target (no pun intended). Drug charges? Owed money?
It would explain why he left San Diego. No criminal charges show up on San Diego Court Inquiry. If there was an arrest, he might have swung a deal. Gianni's dealer said there were no drug debts, an obvious response to not incriminate herself or others, so it remains a credible theory.

Maybe Carlo was a dealer. How could he afford all the phones, electronics and firearms on a department store salary? One of the phones was the throw away type dealers use for anonymity.

Or, hit man for a high level drug distributor.
Or, a gang banger. Filipino gangs populate Mira Mesa, was triple murder his initiation?

Am I losing my mind or did they not say on the news reports months back that he worked for the MM Target and some co-worker confirmed it, and there was mention of 8 yrs. of employment? Could swear it was on a news report and I'm not imagining it. If it now turns back to the MV one, it would make more sense he knew Ilona.

Can't wait to see new warrants.

I remember that too. I mostly remember thinking it was surprising he didn't work at the same Target that was by the mall. I was blaming the holidays for him being bounced around, but that makes the stalking of Ilona seem less likely (if that was part of it).

LOL! I was surprised that the duct tape was black as well!

I found the three cell phones in a bag interesting (maybe new burner phones?).

I'm going to list all the items seized in a separate post. I already spent time deciphering the officer's handwriting, so I might as well save my fellow WSers from having to squint!

Oh jash, thank you so much for the list. :thumb:

I swear you must have super human eyesight powers.:bowdown:

I hope you will help us on the next round of docs. :stay:

Think suddenly insane with power, rampage killing style. The power to control others with the gun, and control whether a person lives or dies. *BWAHAHAAHA* Bad guy maniacal laughter. Once he started shooting, maybe it just kept going...
Sorry, I swear I'm not trying to be dense, just trying to understand - so you're thinking he killed one person and went "yeah! I can control this family!"? And then he went after the rest of them? Was there some reason he picked someone to be first?

One thing that bothers me, if true, is that here is Sal fresh out of rehab and clean and his future sister in law is next to him in the car either buying drugs or about to do them (lighter in her lap). Not trying to speak ill of the dead, but that just really makes me sad for him. Regardless none of them deserved what happened to them and I hope that they see justice.

Considering the chaos the car scene must have been, I am not sold on Ilona using in front of Sal. Maybe she was lighting a cigarette? Maybe the lighter had originally been in her purse but spilled during the attack? There's too many other scenarios, imo.
One thing that bothers me, if true, is that here is Sal fresh out of rehab and clean and his future sister in law is next to him in the car either buying drugs or about to do them (lighter in her lap). Not trying to speak ill of the dead, but that just really makes me sad for him. Regardless none of them deserved what happened to them and I hope that they see justice.

Additional search warrants released...but not finding a link at this moment for them. Will keep searching!

CBS News 8 has obtained copies of search warrants....According to the documents, investigators were looking into suspect Carlo Mercado's cell phone records and his employee record at the Target store near the site of the murders of Ilona Flint and Salvatore Belvedere

This answers as to which Target Store...got to keep searching!

http://www.cbs8.com/story/26451661/search-warrants-released-in-triple-murder-case

Also a special note to Bessie. I noticed that with the new thread you added all three victims names and I thank you for that :loveyou: I realize that only Gianni was a MP but this is more fitting...

More updates from KNSD but still no link to the newly unsealed search warrants...

There’s even the theory from a lead investigator of a conspiracy: “I, and the rest of the investigative team, believe the three murders are related and likely carried out by more than one person,” the detective writes.

The warrants say the last phone call Gianni made was to his cousin at approximately 11:35 p.m. on Dec. 23, 2013.

“During that call [the cousin] said Gianni appeared to be distracted by someone or something and the call was unexpectedly terminated,” a document states.

Much more at the link:
Source: http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Triple-Homicide-Belvedere-Flint-Mercado-Search-

See, I am not insane. I knew I saw news reports saying he wasn't working at the Mission Valley Target. So, let's see what those warrants show. Hurry, please, give me new info! :hot:

Suspect Carlo Mercado pleads not guilty in deaths of Illona Flint, Salvatore and Gianni Belvedere
Mercado accused in fatal Mission Valley shootings
Posted: 7:31 PM, Jun 24, 2014 Updated: 10:22 AM, Jun 26, 2014
http://www.10news.com/news/arraignm...ado-could-give-information-on-possible-motive

"Mercado worked at a Target store, though not the one in Mission Valley as had been reported elsewhere."

This was an old post of mine dated 6-25-2014.

"Just heard this and wanted to post the latest.
A co-worker told News8 Carlo worked as a stocker at the Target in Mira Mesa."
http://www.cbs8.com/story/25860178/v...d-at-same-mall

UPDATE: On Wednesday morning, CBS News 8 contacted a former coworker, who said he had worked with Mercado at the Target store in Mira Mesa for the last couple years. In an interview Monday, Mercado's attorney said the suspect had worked at the Target chain for approximately eight years.
http://www.cbs8.com/story/25860178/v...d-at-same-mall

I remember that too. First it was MV, then Sports Arena, back and forth... I've very likely seen him in passing or interacted with him in some form in the past, I go to both of those Targets.
See, I am not insane. I knew I saw news reports saying he wasn't working at the Mission Valley Target. So, let's see what those warrants show. Hurry, please, give me new info! :hot:

Suspect Carlo Mercado pleads not guilty in deaths of Illona Flint, Salvatore and Gianni Belvedere
http://www.10news.com/news/arraignm...ado-could-give-information-on-possible-motive

"Mercado worked at a Target store, though not the one in Mission Valley as had been reported elsewhere."

But the way this was stated in the article sounds like he may have been working at the Mission Valley Target during the holidays. Agree...hurry, hurry and link those search warrants :)

I'm curious what led to Sal entering rehab . . . why in Utah? why for "several months", as reported by local news?
Also reported, he was "clean" for 3 months. Perhaps he stayed with the uncle who lives there, after he was released from an in patient facility. He was only back a week prior to the shootings, maybe it was a temporary visit for the holidays.

Possibly Sal was the target (no pun intended). Drug charges? Owed money?
It would explain why he left San Diego. No criminal charges show up on San Diego Court Inquiry. If there was an arrest, he might have swung a deal. Gianni's dealer said there were no drug debts, an obvious response to not incriminate herself or others, so it remains a credible theory.

Maybe Carlo was a dealer. How could he afford all the phones, electronics and firearms on a department store salary? One of the phones was the throw away type dealers use for anonymity.

Or, hit man for a high level drug distributor.
Or, a gang banger. Filipino gangs populate Mira Mesa, was triple murder his initiation
?

BBM

As I recall Sal went to OR for a 3 month stay and his family reported that he was with other family during his time away. Also Mira Mesa is a hot spot for gang activity. For a few years I drove through the residential area's to get to my office in Sorrento Valley to avoid the traffic nightmares. After a few shootings and a BB gun that was shot at my car I stopped. Good grief!

No I think they were just easy targets and pretty convenient. I wonder what he was talking on the phone with Mario Donato about maybe he was early waiting for Ilona because he knew his phone was going to die and did not want her to have to wait? Sometimes coincidences like that happen such as when the border patrol agent pulled him over it was just dumb luck

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheMidge
Back