CA - High Court Denies Crips Co-Founder's Death Row Appeal

Tough Titty Tookie! Toots. LOL :D

Scandi

POSTED: 3:55 pm PST December 6, 2005
UPDATED: 5:51 pm PST December 6, 2005

SACRAMENTO -- Calling Stanley Tookie Williams a secret weapon to help young black men stay out of gangs, the national leader of the NAACP traveled across California on Tuesday rallying support for the convicted murderer set for execution next week.

At a stop in Sacramento, Bruce Gordon, president and chief executive of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, delivered signed petitions from more than 56,000 people to Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger's office, urging the governor to grant Williams clemency.Gordon said Schwarzenegger turned down his invitation to meet. more at link:http://www.ktvu.com/news/5479527/detail.html

I hope this will be over on the 13th. This criminal has manipulated all the agencies & they will lose credibility & the ability to do good for anyone. His just punishment for taking 4 lives should be carried out . 4 lives that he cannot replace & that he shows no remore for taking. This sentence must be carried out.It is the only Justice.

Schmerty_Jones said:
I hope this will be over on the 13th. This criminal has manipulated all the agencies & they will lose credibility & the ability to do good for anyone. His just punishment for taking 4 lives should be carried out . 4 lives that he cannot replace & that he shows no remore for taking. This sentence must be carried out.It is the only Justice.
Agreed! He's manipulating people that he's renounced gangs, and he probably didn't even write the children's books himself. So what? Bottom line is that he cold-bloodedly murdered 4 people with no remorse! He sounds just like that Ice pick murderer Carla somebody that they executed in Texas. She wanted to be saved because she found God. Too bad she wasn't as merciful on her victims.:boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: I hope Schwarzennger isn't so stupid as to fall for these clemency pleas...

Snoop Dogg begs for Schwarzengger's mercy

RAPPER Snoop Dogg is calling on Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger to "do the right thing" and grant a convicted multi-murderer clemency.

"He is reaching out to people," Dogg said.

Dogg refused to speculate on the reaction on US streets if Williams is executed as planned on December 13.

"My message to the governor is you got to do the right thing," Dogg said before leaving in a black van with tinted windows. "I know he is up against the wall right now. But, Williams is a great example, a great tool."

More: http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,17505574%5e2902,00.html

well, the clemency hearing just ended with Arnold.

No one is talking though...yet.

According to the news, Arnold won't be making his decision public until between Friday and Monday. Both sides sure must have chosen their words carefully-30 minutes each to sum up 26 years in prison and/or a man's life. I bet Arnold is not liking his job too much right about now! What a decision to have to make.

Schmerty_Jones said:

:clap: Well said Schmerty! Ditto to all of your words!

LinasK said:
Agreed! He's manipulating people that he's renounced gangs, and he probably didn't even write the children's books himself.
He didn't.

He co-wrote them with [size=-1][font=verdana,arial,helvetica][size=-1]Barbara Cottman Becnel.

How much effort does it take to write down some platitudes, give it to your co-author, especially when you are sitting on Death Row?

He hasn't done anything which would take personal courage, like "snitching" (his words!!) on the Crips. He'll still associate with them on the Yard. What is that?! Some role model he is.

The save tookie groupies disgust me.

SQV, if you are reading this thread, I read an article which said the Williams was in the North section. The one where the cream of the crop go. I wondered if you knew if the reporter got it wrong or do you know if they allow people whose execution is approaching a few months or relative peace in the quietest area of Death Row?

Article:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2005/11/20/INGFUFHCFL56.DTL

[/size][/font][/size]

Maybe it's posted here somewhere, but I hadn't heard this before. In the "Tookie Must Die" hour on KFI, they said that Tookie was on the Gong Show once. He was showing off his muscles with babes standing by him as his "talent". They said the gongers were too scared to gong him.

Just a litlle Tookie tidbit.

Here is an article about Mr. Williams' fine record on death row at San Quentin: http://crime.about.com/od/deathrow/a/tookie15.htm

:sick: Why it is that people want to "save" this lad, is beyond me... He most certainly appears to be one disgusting specimen of 'humanity'. Raw power, in the form of threats of death via gun-toting guards, seems to be the only 'language' this brute understands.

================

And here is info on his appeals:

History of Stanley 'Tookie' Williams' Appeals
Nov 29 2005

Procedural History and Appellate Review

To date, Stanley 'Tookie' Williams' case has received extensive legal scrutiny in both state and federal court. Since his conviction in 1981, Williams has pursued multiple appeals and habeas corpus petitions.
In each and every instance, in both state and federal court, his conviction has been affirmed as appropriate and just, according to the Los Angeles District Attorney's office.

Full article: http://crime.about.com/od/deathrow/a/tookie16.htm

24 years of appeals, reviews, and so on are not enough? Give me a break.

cinsbythesea said:
According to the news, Arnold won't be making his decision public until between Friday and Monday. Both sides sure must have chosen their words carefully-30 minutes each to sum up 26 years in prison and/or a man's life. I bet Arnold is not liking his job too much right about now! What a decision to have to make.

Thanks for this - I was wondering why I wasn't finding the Gov's findings in the news! Wonder if it's delayed 'til the weekend to get LE on standby and civil disturbance teams on ready. And, no weekday commute traffic snarls, etc. Hmmm, just a thinking. ;)

I'm so sick of hearing that he's been a model prisoner, yeah right!

Williams' Violent Acts on Death Row
http://crime.about.com/od/deathrow/a/tookie15.htm

I'm also sick of hearing of the Nobel nomination thing..........so have thousands through the years including J. Stalin, A. Hitler & S. Hussein :doh:

I heard Chris Wallace this morning say that Took's book only has sold about 300 copies! It makes me sick that anyone on Death Row is afforded the right to write, co-write anything.

DR inmates should have no rights at all, not to the Internet, Mail, visitors or anything else that takes away from being isolated alone until they receive the punishment they were determined to receive.

California needs to do some serious house cleaning on Death Row, how many times do I, and the majority of my State have to vote in favor of it:banghead:

winelover said:
I then go to Tookie's site (bleh, I need a shower) ... ;)

LOL, Me too. But while I was there I used the link they had up to send the Governor an email about why I think he should be executed as planned.

DEPUTYDAWG said:
Thanks for this - I was wondering why I wasn't finding the Gov's findings in the news! Wonder if it's delayed 'til the weekend to get LE on standby and civil disturbance teams on ready. And, no weekday commute traffic snarls, etc. Hmmm, just a thinking. ;)
I was thinking the same thing for the same reason. I don't think he's going to say anything until the last minute. Arnold already knows what his decision is, and I think he's not going to commute the sentence, (at least I hope not!).

They found a NEW witness! Where in the world has this witness been? It's about time he showed up.:innocent: <insert sarcastic smiley somewhere around here>:D

Tookie Williams' Supporters Say They Have New Witness; Emergency Request Seeks Stay of Execution

SAN FRANCISCO -- Supporters of former gang leader and convicted killer Stanley Tookie Williams made a last-minute pitch to save his life Sunday, saying they had a new witness, while prosecutors asked the California Supreme Court to allow his execution to go forward as scheduled early Tuesday

Deputy Attorney General Lisa Brault wrote to the court that Williams' request for a stay of execution "is without merit and is manifestly designed for delay."

http://orangecounty.cox.net/cci/newsnational/national?_mode=view&_state=maximized&view=article&id=D8EEF6AG0

JBean said:
They found a NEW witness! Where in the world has this witness been? It's about time he showed up.:innocent:

Tookie Williams' Supporters Say They Have New Witness; Emergency Request Seeks Stay of Execution

SAN FRANCISCO -- Supporters of former gang leader and convicted killer Stanley Tookie Williams made a last-minute pitch to save his life Sunday, saying they had a new witness, while prosecutors asked the California Supreme Court to allow his execution to go forward as scheduled early Tuesday

Deputy Attorney General Lisa Brault wrote to the court that Williams' request for a stay of execution "is without merit and is manifestly designed for delay."

http://orangecounty.cox.net/cci/newsnational/national?_mode=view&_state=maximized&view=article&id=D8EEF6AG0
LOL I thought the same thing!! They are trying just about everything.
I am a tad bit scared to see what is going to happen as soon as the execution is over. I fear that some of his supporters are going to do something terrible.

Justices decline to block Williams execution

Crips co-founder Stanley Tookie Williams lost another bid before the California Supreme Court when the justices unanimously ruled late Sunday not to reopen his case and block his Tuesday execution by lethal injection.

The high court ruled 6-0, and said the last-minute appeal lacked merit and was untimely as well, meaning Williams will be executed unless Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger grants clemency or an anticipated last-ditch federal appeal is successful. California's justice days ago also turned down a similar appeal from Williams, who is scheduled to be the 12th condemned inmate executed since state lawmakers reinstated the death penalty in 1977 after a brief hiatus.

State prosecutors implored the justices early Sunday to dismiss Williams' latest petition to block his Tuesday execution for murdering four people in 1979.

More: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2005/12/11/state/n202649S89.DTL&feed=rss.news

Likely story. :rolleyes: So where was this "witness" the past 26 years? It's over for Tookie.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix
Back