GUILTY CA - Jaqueline Sanchez, 14, killed in DUI crash, Los Banos, 21 July 2017

Thanks again cvaldez.

I was not sure if Sanchez had a history of posting Live Leak videos showing herself driving and singing.

Does a person have to have an account to posts Live Leak videos - similar to people that posts u tube videos have their own channels?

Sanchez was live streaming on Instagram at the time of this video. It was removed from Insta due to the graphic content, but a copy ended up on Live Leak. She was not broadcasting to Live Leak.

Editing to add that the Live Leak video is oriented correctly showing Sanchez in the driver's seat. Not sure why the other one I saw was reversed. I don't understand why that happens. The Philando Castile video was reversed in the version I saw also.

Sorry all...she's a senseless young **** who killed her sibling and thinks it's nothing. I hope she gets s$$$handed to her. I have zero sympathy for her. Her FB profile pic says it all. Now pay up homegirl.

I agree. It's a miracle she only killed one person, she could have killed 10 the way she was driving.

http://www.fresnobee.com/latest-news/article166746642.html

" “We have reason to believe the accident was caused by wear and tear on the tire, causing it to blow out,” said Ramnik Samrao, deputy public defender for Merced County. "

"California Highway Patrol investigators have said she had a blood alcohol content of .106 after the crash."

"officers described Sanchez as “belligerent” and said she repeatedly spit at officers, used racial slurs and kicked one emergency responder from Riggs Ambulance in the face."

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk

it doesn't matter what caused it, if she was found to be intox they are going to charge her with it.

it doesn't matter what caused it, if she was found to be intox they are going to charge her with it.

Yep, but a jury may be persuaded that it was the tire's fault and find her not guilty. The defense will argue that the accident would have happened whether she was intoxicated or not. This chick might walk away with a DUI only. Which sickens me.

Yep, but a jury may be persuaded that it was the tire's fault and find her not guilty. The defense will argue that the accident would have happened whether she was intoxicated or not. This chick might walk away with a DUI only. Which sickens me.
Her words are enough to put her away for a long time. On another note DH has jury duty coming up I pray this is on the docket

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

there is video of her behavior.

there is video of her behavior.

Oh I know! I watched it. Won't ever be able to unsee it. I'm just thinking from a defense attorney's perspective. And I can see the argument being that even though she was "driving distracted and intoxicated" she had remained in control of the vehicle until the tire blew out.

I guess ever since Casey Anthony was found not guilty, I've become skeptical of juries and expect them to be persuaded by arguments that don't make any sense to me or anyone else with basic common sense!!!

I don't think they can know for sure if the tire blew before or after she ran off the side of the road. She could have drifted to the edge of the road and it blew because she was off the main, well worn part.

If the tire theory does not work, defense will try a mental issue from the way she acts. Keep throwing things out there and see if it sticks. They will avoid saying she had any alcohol issues. Even if the tire is worn, that is her fault as a driver of the car she should maintain a good working safe car. This is a mess. I hope the jury gets it right. I am surprised she is making media statements. She is only hurting her own case.

Apparently it is. From your link, you can go to another article with clips from the letter (see the video) and an article about it. Who can think that "clearly" immediately after a crash to realize They better film this to raise money?

http://www.yourcentralvalley.com/ne...i-wish-i-could-have-taken-her-place/796167118

She wrote, "I made that video because I knew I had more than 5,000 followers. It was the only way my sister would get a decent burial. I would never expose my sister like that. I anticipated the public donating money because my family isn't rich."
In fact, Sanchez's lawyer said the family raised more than $12,000 for Jacqueline's burial.
In a phone interview from jail last week, Sanchez admitted she's live streamed while driving many times.
"We do it all the time. All the time," said Sanchez. "Trust me, it's like a reflex. Like, I haven't crashed - you know?"

Sanchez remains in jail, but in the letter said, "I know I deserve to go home. I want to visit [Jacqueline's] gravestone every day.
"

Link to 8/18/2017. INTERVIEW: http://www.yourcentralvalley.com/news/video/extended-interview-with-obdulia-sanchez_20170818235000/793709584

Another article from 8/18/2017:
http://www.yourcentralvalley.com/news/obdulia-sanchez-i-look-like-a-horrible-monster-that-was-not-my-intention-at-all/793726299

“I didn't even know I looked like a monster – like I look like a freaking horrible monster. That was not my intention at all,” Sanchez said.
Sanchez is talking about an Instagram live video she recorded while driving on July 21.
“We were perfectly freaking fine. We were perfectly freaking fine. Then next thing I know, we started going left. We started going left, then I started to stop the car. Then we flipped over,” she said.
Sanchez continued to livestream after the crash and continued to livestream after calling 911 for help – even showing her sister's dead body.
She says her other sister then called her – not knowing about the crash.
“And then I didn't know what to say. My little sister said ‘dad wants you to be home in an hour. Where are you guys?’ And I just started balling – crying. Like I didn't know what to tell my dad,” Sanchez said

Apparently it is. From your link, you can go to another article with clips from the letter (see the video) and an article about it. Who can think that "clearly" immediately after a crash to realize They better film this to raise money?

http://www.yourcentralvalley.com/ne...i-wish-i-could-have-taken-her-place/796167118

"

Link to 8/18/2017. INTERVIEW: http://www.yourcentralvalley.com/news/video/extended-interview-with-obdulia-sanchez_20170818235000/793709584

Another article from 8/18/2017:
http://www.yourcentralvalley.com/news/obdulia-sanchez-i-look-like-a-horrible-monster-that-was-not-my-intention-at-all/793726299
[/FONT][/COLOR]
.[/FONT][/COLOR]

She never even stopped live streaming to call 911. She just got out of the car and found her phone, before she even checked on the other girls, and then kept on filming with her stupid @ss mouth running about "I didn't mean for this to happen, Imma hold it down for you..."

The quotes from that letter seriously make it sound like she killed her sister on purpose.

IMO this girl has serious mental problems and isn't able to understand that her actions are not only bizarre but a danger to society:

From jail, Sanchez wrote a four page, double sided letter explaining her version of why she continued to live stream to Instagram after the crash showing her sister's dead body.

She wrote, "I made that video because I knew I had more than 5,000 followers. It was the only way my sister would get a decent burial. I would never expose my sister like that. I anticipated the public donating money because my family isn't rich."

In fact, Sanchez's lawyer said the family raised more than $12,000 for Jacqueline's burial.

Sanchez goes on to say, "Sorry for making that video. I look awful but I accomplished my goal."

In a phone interview from jail last week, Sanchez admitted she's live streamed while driving many times.

"We do it all the time. All the time," said Sanchez. "Trust me, it's like a reflex. Like, I haven't crashed - you know?"
Sanchez goes on to say she wants to dedicate a music album to her sister, which includes a remix of a song she hopes would raise awareness about texting and driving.

She also plans to visit schools to share her story and the dangers of drinking and driving.

Sanchez said she also wants to open a boxing gym with her dad and start a clothing line.

She also wants to put up a statue of her sister at a local park in Stockton where her family lives.

Ugh. Lock her up. She's dangerous and still insisting her actions were okay then and are okay now. The girl needs serious help.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...h-killed-sister-prison-time-article-1.3809092

—on Thursday, Obdulia Sanchez was sentenced to more than six years in prison; convicted of vehicular manslaughter and DUI for the crash that killed her 14-year-old Jacqueline Sanchez last July.

—-Merced County Deputy District Attorney Thomas Min, who was seeking the maximum 12-year sentence, revealed Sanchez was trying to purchase alcohol, but a friend bought it for her after she was turned down, according to the newspaper.
Sanchez also had marijuana and cocaine in her system at the time of the crash, Min said.

[FONT=&amp]- - -
http://www.mercedsunstar.com/news/local/crime/article199101169.html
— sentenced to six years and four months in prison for gross vehicular manslaughter, DUI and child endangerment for a crash

— With time she already has spent in jail and with good behavior in prison, Sanchez could be eligible for release on Sept. 21, 2020.

— The length of her prison sentence is a mid-point between what Merced County Deputy District Attorney Thomas Min, and Sanchez’s attorney, Merced County Deputy Public Defender Ramnik Samrao, argued for.

— blood test at Los Banos Memorial Hospital revealed her blood alcohol content was registered at 0.106 about 90 minutes after the crash

—[per her lawyer]
sexually abused at age 11; Two years later, she was abducted by a 46-year-old man, who sexually assaulted her and forced her to use methamphetamine and alcohol, he said, which was the start of her addictions to drugs and alcohol; victim of child sex trafficking
— acting out led to juvnile court @ age 15-16,
ordered to rehabilitiation, succeeding with counseling, became model student at group home, class president and graduating high school early. Sanchez also was taking community college courses

—turned
18 in April 2017, Sanchez exercised her right to move back home — she didn’t have access to the mental health care, counseling and therapy in the group home. [/FONT]

“Had she never been released from the home, without proper care and supervision ... this never would have happened,” Samrao said.

SMH
The woman who went to prison after live-streaming a crash that killed her sister in Merced County has been arrested again, this time in Stockton.
(...)
Stockton Police Officer Joe Silva says, "Our officers tried to pull over a vehicle on Rose Marie Lane, and the driver would not pull over. And the reason why we were trying to pull her over was because of some traffic violations that she committed."

Investigators say Sanchez blew through two stop signs and a red light in a Buick LaCrosse before running off the road while heading up an on-ramp to Interstate 5 at Marie Lane.
Chase leads to rearrest of woman who streamed crash that killed sister

When she gets out of prison this time, the citizens of Fresno should gift her with a lifetime bus pass. Not that it would do any good though because some people never learn...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean
Back