CA CA - Jennifer Wilmer, 21, Willow Creek, 13 Sept 1993

It does not seem that LE gave Jennifer's disappearance the respect that it deserved. In Canada, I was part of a petition to bring in a dna database for missing persons, since there are over 600 unidentified human remains in coroner's offices across the country. But so far the conservative government has not moved in that direction. Jennifer's law is a step beyond what we have been able to accomplish in Canada, it does seem to me.

It would be a good step to get in touch with Jennifer's mother, to see if she could be involved in websleuths, and be able to educate us on what the detective turned up in regards to this case. JMO.

I would hope this would not be the case.

Here's a man who killed a woman in Humboldt County in 1988, and kidnapped/tortured two others before that. The body of the woman who was murdered in 1988 was not discovered until 2010. Killer died in 2006.

Where killer lived (Fieldbrook Road), where wilmer lived (Hawkins Bar)
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Haw...cd9ba67!2m2!1d-124.0224049!2d40.9381525?hl=en

http://www.times-standard.com/ci_14842961

Quenell asked the younger Christie, who now lives in North Carolina, if he was aware of his father committing any other killings. He wasn't, Quenell said, but he said his father would regularly take methamphetamine and pick up girls in Eureka's Old Town, luring them to the Fieldbrook house. He'd become paranoid that the women were trying to kill him or steal from him.

Eureka's Old Town might be in the opposite direction of Hawkins Bar, but Christie could have been going east towards HW5, or towards the Indian reservation.

Here's a man who killed a woman in Humboldt County in 1988, and kidnapped/tortured two others before that. The body of the woman who was murdered in 1988 was not discovered until 2010. Killer died in 2006.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Haw...cd9ba67!2m2!1d-124.0224049!2d40.9381525?hl=en

Eureka's Old Town might be in the opposite direction of Hawkins Bar, but Christie could have been going east towards HW5, or towards the Indian reservation.

I just spent some time, trying to familiarize myself with Hawkins bar, Willow Creek, and Fieldbrook Road. I would like to see google maps allow a person to put several places for a search and keep the markers.

It does seem that there possibly could be a connection between this Fieldbrook Road killer and Jennifer Wilmer. Was this link explored by LE. Hitchhiking is a dangerous thing to do, and it makes a personal vulnerable.

If this individual on Fieldbrook Road did murder Jennifer Wilmer, he would likely dispose of her body. Where was the other victim discovered. This could be a place to do some research in regards to Jennifer Wilmer's remains.

It would really be helpful to have the detectives report, the one who was hired by the family, as this detective might have been trying to make a connection as well.

I just spent some time, trying to familiarize myself with Hawkins bar, Willow Creek, and Fieldbrook Road. I would like to see google maps allow a person to put several places for a search and keep the markers.

It does seem that there possibly could be a connection between this Fieldbrook Road killer and Jennifer Wilmer. Was this link explored by LE. Hitchhiking is a dangerous thing to do, and it makes a personal vulnerable.

If this individual on Fieldbrook Road did murder Jennifer Wilmer, he would likely dispose of her body. Where was the other victim discovered. This could be a place to do some research in regards to Jennifer Wilmer's remains.

It would really be helpful to have the detectives report, the one who was hired by the family, as this detective might have been trying to make a connection as well.

The murdered victim's body was found near his home, and one of the tortured victim's (not murdered because she was able to escape but never reported it to the police, the murderer's son did in 2010) was kept bound inside this tree stump near the murderer's house.

http://www.times-standard.com/portl...sp?articleId=14842961&siteId=127&startImage=1

http://www.times-standard.com/ci_17033815

”On the Case with Paula Zahn,” a show on the cable and satellite TV network Investigation Discovery, is running a segment on the investigations surrounding Ernest Samuel Christie Jr., a Fieldbrook resident who local investigators recently discovered had killed 27-year-old Lysandra Marie Turpin in 1988.

Detectives believed that Christie was behind at least two other drug-related kidnapping and torture cases that were never reported. He died in 2006 of congestive heart failure.

Here's the killer's 2006 obituary, mentions that his wife was lost at sea in the 1970s.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/times-standard/obituary.aspx?n=ernest-samuel-christie&pid=17182877

This is my first post since I've joined this site a few days ago. Some thoughts and questions of mine concerning Jennifer Wilmer. Would be great to look into these roommates that were last to see her alive. Names would be great. the only address I could fine is that of her boyfriend at the time, Tro David Patterson. Who lived in Nov 1992 at 455 union st number 420 Arcata, CA. It doesn't list any possible roommates or relatives. Does anyone know the name of the farm or the people who had hired her? In which direction would she have been walking/hitchhiking to either the farm or the airport? And what connections are there between the roommates and the FARM? If she was headed there, was it a live in situation at this farm? Cause in her note she implies she wont be seeing "MINGO" for a few months and wishing him luck. Luck on what, a job also? Was he one of the roommates questioned? How long after she left was she reported missing? If it was a live in arrangement, why didn't she take her stuff with her and in the note made it seem like shed be back for the kitten. And yet the end of it states HOPEFULLY seeing them again. I find the note strange. Was there any handwriting analysis done on this note to decipher if it was her handwriting or not? Who is "Mingo" the nickname of her boyfriend at the time? Cause if not why wasn't he given a more personal goodbye if she wasn't coming back for months. Were they fighting? It is suspicious that the boyfriend 10 years later killed himself. He had a younger brother who also died young. he died in 2006, i have not been able to figure out if his death was also a suicide or not. Would be interesting if he too took his own life. Would make me think he was carrying around the older brothers darkest secrets. Im also confused on the conflicting stories of where she was headed that morning. Parents said something about a ticket home. What was the reason they sent her that ticket. Was she in an abusive relationship? was she pregnant? again I come back to who reported her missing and how long after she left that morning? Maybe there was some psycho in the area picking up hitchhikers and/or women and doing god knows what with them. There was another disappearance 2 weeks prior to Jennifer's disappearance, from Humboldt co Ca. Hannah Jane Rowell from Eureka, CA disappeared Sept 1 1993. What about searches? Were there any ever done in the obvious wooded areas near by? Combing them for clues? Another theory I have is maybe the boyfriend didn't killer. Maybe they were doing drugs and she accidentally overdosed and the group freaked out and covered it up. Wouldn't hurt to find out who all the key players and people involved in her life at the time, and ask them questions again. Maybe 20 years later someones guilt will be burdening them and want to talk.

Quoting from above post-
" ...Cause in her note she implies she wont be seeing "MINGO" for a few months and wishing him luck. Luck on what, a job also? Was he one of the roommates questioned? How long after she left was she reported missing? If it was a live in arrangement, why didn't she take her stuff with her and in the note made it seem like shed be back for the kitten. And yet the end of it states HOPEFULLY seeing them again. I find the note strange. Was there any handwriting analysis done on this note to decipher if it was her handwriting or not? Who is "Mingo" the nickname of her boyfriend at the time? Cause if not why wasn't he given a more personal goodbye if she wasn't coming back for months. Were they fighting? It is suspicious that the boyfriend 10 years later killed himself. He had a younger brother who also died young. he died in 2006, i have not been able to figure out if his death was also a suicide or not. Would be interesting if he too took his own life...."

I was wondering the same thing about the note-it does seem strange. I wonder if Jennifer's mom saw it and verified it was Jennifer's handwriting. I don't know why she wouldn't take anything with her to this farm. The note makes it sound like she wouldn't be back right away, so why wouldn't she take a backpack, ID, anything with her? As for the death of the younger brother of Tro Patterson, that is new to me, I hadn't come across that. There is a lot of strange stuff surrounding this case for sure.

I was wondering the same thing about the note-it does seem strange. I wonder if Jennifer's mom saw it and verified it was Jennifer's handwriting. I don't know why she wouldn't take anything with her to this farm. The note makes it sound like she wouldn't be back right away, so why wouldn't she take a backpack, ID, anything with her? As for the death of the younger brother of Tro Patterson, that is new to me, I hadn't come across that. There is a lot of strange stuff surrounding this case for sure.[/quote]

brother of tro david patterson. Jay Taylor Patterson. Taylor Patterson March 8, 1976 - November 9, 2006 It is with great sorrow to inform the many friends of Taylor Patterson that he passed away in Chicago on November 9th, 2006. Taylor attended Marin Catholic and Redwood High Schools and graduated from the University of Arizona in 1998. In his thirty short years, he made many close friendships due to his gentle manner and non-judgmental love for all things. Taylor was a very talented writer and artist. He excelled in tennis, golf and many other sports. He is survived by his loving parents Jeanie Patterson and Jay Patterson, his grandmother Claire Patterson and the true love of his life, his eight month old son Niko. In addition to his loving aunt, Mary E. Tatter and his special uncle, David Tomlinson, he is survived by several very caring cousins. A memorial service is being planned in the following weeks. In memory of Taylor, contributions may be made to your local Humane Society. - See more at: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/ma...r-Patterson&pid=19945104#sthash.BOvwNSUD.dpuf Doesn't explain how he died. just That he was well liked gentle and loving. Seems he was close to an aunt and uncle, more so then his parents? Wonders how Tro was brought up? [modsnip] Still want to know what reason did Jennifer's mom have to set up the ticket out of CA? Is the cousin still with the discussion? Would love to know more about what the PI found out and/or what notes he had on the case that we do not have access too online.

The Lost Girls article addresses briefly why Jennifer was thinking about going home. She had been unable to register for classes at a local college and had to leave Arcata because her room mate was taking off. Clipped from article:

"But the city by the sea wasn't all pot and roses. Jennifer had bouts of depression, and had started to see a therapist. Then, toward the end of the summer, her roommate announced she had to bail the scene, and Jennifer was forced to vacate her apartment in Arcata.

Susan Wilmer says Jennifer was ready to come home. So much so that her mother had purchased a return plane ticket for her, which she could have picked up and activated at any travel agency.

But Jennifer wasn't ready to give up on California. She called her mother and told her she had decided to go live with some friends "out in the country." "The country" meant Trinity County, 3,500 square miles of mountainous desolation and marijuana crops, with not a stoplight in sight.

So instead of grabbing the ticket home, she decided to move out to the country with Tro Patterson and some room mates.

I feel bad for the Patterson family. They have seen their fair share of tragedy. I am hesitant to point the finger at Tro Patterson. I wouldn't rule him out, but every day someone posts about another terrible criminal who was living in Arcata or Humboldt county during that time. There are a lot of people that could have been responsible that had murderous/criminal pasts.

Well maybe we should take a look at that other missing woman from the Humboldt Co. case. She was from Eureka Ca. 28 or 29 years old at the time of her disappearance. Little is known in that case either, but maybe there is a connection.

HANNAH JANE ROWELL
MISSING Sept. 1st 1993. (Just 12 short days before Jennifer disappeared.
From the college town, Jennifer originally headed for.)
Classified as ENDANGERED MISSING
DOB: 01-20-1964 29 years old at time of disappearance.
Ht. and Wt.: 5'1-5'2 125lbs (Jennifer was also small in stature. )
Distinguishing Characteristics: caucasian Female. Red Hair. Hazel Eyes.
Clothing/Jewelry description: Black sweater, flowered Stretch pants and sandals.

The details of Hannah's disappearance are even slimmer. She was last seen in Eureka, September 1 1993. Never heard from again, Missing under suspicious Circumstances.

Is it a coincidence that she also was missing from the same area. both young and rather small white women? I'm not big on coincidences. And I have to agree with mysterymaven. The note and boyfriends way out of life is questionable. Maybe they did have a rocky relationship and his depression came from the suspicion and doubt of people around him. Doesn't make him a killer just because he killed himself. Maybe there was a serial killer in the area. Maybe a trucker who knew the roads and the heavily wooded mountains between Willow Creek and the western towns of Arcata and Eureka. Are there any other unsolved missing people or murders in the area. I will continue to check on that. and always open for suggestions for you other sleuths.

I thought she looked familiar too - but I think it's because (to me) she resembles Karen Carpenter... So for those of us in an older age range :-0, maybe that is what we are seeing...

Add me to that list - though, I think she looks similar to Penelope Cruz.

Quote from MysteryMaven:
She left a note to her roommates:

Bye everybody,

Went to my 1st day at the farm. Wish me luck! Good luck to you, Mingo and see you in a few months. If someone could give food to the kitten as needed I'd appreciate it. Hopefully I'll see you folks later

YJade

Went to my first day at the farm. Wish me luck!
To me this either implies that Jennifer had already been to the farm (possibly the previous day)
or,
Jennifer went to the Farm for an interview the day prior (possibly) and was then to start the next day.
or,
someone else may have written this note, not taking into account the past/future time line.

Good luck to you, Mingo and see you in a few months.
I interpreted this to mean -
... that Mingo was leaving the house the day the note was written and that Jennifer would not see Mingo again until they met up in a few months time. Im not under the impression that Jennifer was leaving the house for good - and this would account for her belongings still being at the house after her disappearance.

If someone could give food to the kitten as needed I'd appreciate it.
This says to me that there were other people still in residence at the house, as well as her boyfriend. A kitten would need to be fed more than once a day - so I assume the people who lived there were around frequently during the day/night to feed the kitten.
I also think that if the kitten belonged to Jennifer, she would not just 'leave' it for others to feed, and take off never to return. It seems to be hers as she is asking a favour in the note - '"I'd apprecoaite it" tells me the kitten was her responsibility.

Hopefully I'll see you folks later
This sounds ominous - especially 'hopefully' being added to the beginning of the note.
Though, thinking about it, Jennifer may have known that she would be returning late at night from the Farm? Possibly the other people would be out or asleep if she returned late - thus meaning she would not see them (awake/in the house).
Another scenario might be that if she worked late and couldn't get a lift home or it was too dark, or raining - that she would stay somewhere else overnight closer to work, or even at the Farm.

I'd be interested to know what Jennifers mother thought of the note, and could she hear Jennifers voice in the wording.

From the note I get the impression that Jennifer had all intentions of coming home after her work at the Farm - even if that meant the night after.

I would also like to know what the weather was like that day and the following.

Some further info from this article by Bill Jensen... :

When Jennifer moved to Trinity County her housemates names were:
Her boyfriend - Tro Patterson (now deceased)
Mingo - Male
Opie - Male
Rebecca - Female

The Private Investigator who was hired for the case' name is:
John Mohon

Add me to that list - though, I think she looks similar to Penelope Cruz.

Quote from MysteryMaven:

Went to my first day at the farm. Wish me luck!
To me this either implies that Jennifer had already been to the farm (possibly the previous day)
or,
Jennifer went to the Farm for an interview the day prior (possibly) and was then to start the next day.
or,
someone else may have written this note, not taking into account the past/future time line.

Good luck to you, Mingo and see you in a few months.
I interpreted this to mean -
... that Mingo was leaving the house the day the note was written and that Jennifer would not see Mingo again until they met up in a few months time. Im not under the impression that Jennifer was leaving the house for good - and this would account for her belongings still being at the house after her disappearance.

If someone could give food to the kitten as needed I'd appreciate it.
This says to me that there were other people still in residence at the house, as well as her boyfriend. A kitten would need to be fed more than once a day - so I assume the people who lived there were around frequently during the day/night to feed the kitten.
I also think that if the kitten belonged to Jennifer, she would not just 'leave' it for others to feed, and take off never to return. It seems to be hers as she is asking a favour in the note - '"I'd appreciate it" tells me the kitten was her responsibility.

Hopefully I'll see you folks later
This sounds ominous - especially 'hopefully' being added to the beginning of the note.
Though, thinking about it, Jennifer may have known that she would be returning late at night from the Farm? Possibly the other people would be out or asleep if she returned late - thus meaning she would not see them (awake/in the house).
Another scenario might be that if she worked late and couldn't get a lift home or it was too dark, or raining - that she would stay somewhere else overnight closer to work, or even at the Farm.

I'd be interested to know what Jennifers mother thought of the note, and could she hear Jennifers voice in the wording.

From the note I get the impression that Jennifer had all intentions of coming home after her work at the Farm - even if that meant the night after.

I would also like to know what the weather was like that day and the following.

"Hopefully see you later" may also mean the others stay out all night or at least late.

I couldn't find the exact day but found this. Weaverville is the county seat of Trinity County and the largest town, probably has maybe 3500 people. It's east of Hawkins Bar. Shows no rain for the month of Sept 2003. It's a rain

http://weather-warehouse.com/Weathe...nityRiverHatche_Weaverville_CA_September.html

Also want to mention HWY 299 follows the Trinity River for many miles, where there's fishing and white river rafting. Looks like taken in 2005.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/Helmetdance/2005 MC Trek SA2/17_10.jpg

HWY 299 through Willow Creek
http://www.city-data.com/picfilesc/picc34053.php
http://www.panoramio.com/photo/10732429

"Hopefully see you later" may also mean the others stay out all night or at least late.

Yes, that's very possible.
I couldn't find the exact day but found this. Weaverville is the county seat of Trinity County and the largest town, probably has maybe 3500 people. It's east of Hawkins Bar. Shows no rain for the month of Sept 2003.

Thanks for the weather link and the photo links - looks a very pretty place indeed :)

http://weather-warehouse.com/Weathe...nityRiverHatche_Weaverville_CA_September.html

Also want to mention HWY 299 follows the Trinity River for many miles, where there's fishing and white river rafting. Looks like taken in 2005.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/Helmetdance/2005 MC Trek SA2/17_10.jpg

HWY 299 through Willow Creek
http://www.city-data.com/picfilesc/picc34053.php
http://www.panoramio.com/photo/10732429

:seeya:

Hello everyone. I believe the anwswer lies within the abortion clinic. Thanks ~ Boots.

Who was Jennifer's doctor? Follow the money.

Hello everyone. I believe the anwswer lies within the abortion clinic. Thanks ~ Boots.

There was a teenage girl on the east coast who used Jennifer's name to sign into a clinic. It wasn't Jennifer and she had no link to the case, just a random girl. Is that what you are referring to? Or is there another facet to this case that we don't know? It could be a possibility but I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere.
Thanks.

I am starting to get the feeling that This guy Christie Jr. is connected with several of the disappearances in the surrounding area of Humboldt Co. CA. The son who lead the police to the body of Lysandra and some stump he held a woman captive in, who did get away. Why wouldn't that woman ever come forward? She has since passed I've read. But wow to hold onto that secret for so long.

[modsnip]

[modsnip] Does anyone else think its odd that Penelope Jo Milbourn went missing Jun 7 1988 from Eureka Ca. http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/milbourn_penelope.html. Little is known in her disappearance. Is Patty, Penny?

I have read comments on the story of Lysandra about E.S Christie III and I feel for him too. Abuse is never an easy thing to endure especially as long as he did. [modsnip]

When you have several years of missing women from the areas surrounding this guy, all with little details known. All you have are questions. Who is responsible for answering them for these victims? I can only imagine what these families may feel. Maybe its time to reopen several of these cases and do some searches of the wooded areas near the homes of people known by ES Christie JR. Starting the search with his wife the first known missing person linked to him in 1977 to the time of his death in 2006.

Sorry going on and on again.

I have family in Willow Creek, I've been there many, many times. It is a tiny town (off the top of my head, population 800?) where the locals all know each other and their business but they do get a lot of out of towners and tourists whom they wouldn't be terribly familiar with. This is the first I've heard of this case. It's also way way out of the way of other cases mentioned on here--from Petaluma you'd be looking at a 5 hr drive minimum and it's all dense redwood forests and remote winding roads. I loathed the drive!

Unfortunately this area of CA is incredibly remote with lush dense forests. Being a city girl, I always felt a sense of unease being so far from hospitals, cell signals and heck, even grocery stores. Most people will drive an hour to Eureka to do shopping trips--and to me, even Eureka is tiny! But it's bigger than Willow Creek.

Jennifer is a beautiful girl and personally, I think she resembles Uma Thurman. I hope her family gets more attention for her case and can find some closure.

If I can think of anything else about the town I will surely try to add it but most of the people I know up there are elderly people who believe very strongly in Big Foot.

IMO jennifer looks like a cross between penelope cruz and winona ryder

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back