GUILTY CA - Kim Gordon, alive,(Inverness, Scotland, fakes own death), Monastery Beach, 25 Feb 2019 *arrest*

...'invite the possibility of embarrassing the United States in the conduct of its foreign affairs' because he would be likely to abscond again. They branded Avis a 'significant flight risk and a danger to to the community'....

The article says US Marshalls found him in a motel in Colorado. I wonder how he was funding his life on the run.
He sold his house in Scotland after he disappeared. Well his wife did and then moved back to the US.

Scottish rape suspect thought to have faked his death in California arrested

U.S. Marshals were able to track him to Colorado Springs due, in part, to a report in March that Avis was spotted in Monterey County driving a newer white Ford van in the Big Sur area, a post on the sheriff's Facebook page said Friday.
I missed the fact that he was spotted in Big Sur in March. I have so many questions about who was helping him (I doubt the van could be registered in his name) but all that takes a back seat to the serious charges he is facing in Scotland.

I would be interested to know if he had access to a bank account and debit/credit cards (and in whose name).

I would also like to know if he was living in CO, or only visiting/passing through.

According to quite a few people he had more than one alias, so it would be entirely possible for him to be using a false identity. However, possibly his wife, with the money from the sale of their house (around £250,000) was getting money to him somehow. Interesting that the son said "We heard he was in Mexico" when instead he was halfway across the US. His wife lives in Montana, could he have been headed that direction, who knows, doesn't really matter now.

Apparently given his regular contact with tourists in Inverness he knew people over there, so there could be more than just his wife. He drove a transit van here, so I guess he got one of those as it's mostly the same layout (other than which side the steering wheel is on), he could have bought it in advance and had it in storage. Maybe gave someone the money to buy it for him and keep it til he needed it.

20 March

THE trial of a former Inverness busker charged with sex offences has been postponed.

Kim Avis, also known as Gordon, faces 25 charges including rape.

His trial was scheduled to begin today at the High Court in Edinburgh.

But it was announced earlier this week that no new criminal jury trials will be started, or new juries empanelled, until further notice in a bid to prevent the spread of coronavirus.

Trial of city busker is postponed

He is actually innocent. its fact. those media stories paint a story quite opposite of the reality of things. it truly sucks when the media lynches people and never gives nothing but vague conjecture to the public and then the public make all these assumptions including hes guilty of the alleged offenses.

He is actually innocent. its fact. those media stories paint a story quite opposite of the reality of things. it truly sucks when the media lynches people and never gives nothing but vague conjecture to the public and then the public make all these assumptions including hes guilty of the alleged offenses.
Hi Kim!

Just a reminder of the rap sheet:

• 5 rapes
  • 2 sexual assaults on a young child
  • indecent behaviour towards a girl aged between 12 and 16.
  • attempted rape
  • coercing a person into being present during sexual activity
  • communicating indecently
  • lewd and libidinous behaviour.
  • 4 assaults
  • 2 charges of threatening and abusive behaviour
  • 2 charges of breach of the peace and malicious damage.

Inverness street trader faces child sex charges

suddenly not so interested in this thread any longer.

Back up your claims with something... links, ideas, some reasons, a different theory, ANYTHING...
Yeah, brand new members who've signed up only to assert innocence of the accused, without admitting who they are or their connection to the accused, are very boring. They seriously underestimate the ability of websleuthers to see thru them.

If the state went to the trouble to lay charges, they have some kind of evidence/allegations that they are required to take seriously. If the man is innocent, then he won't be convicted at trial.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back