GUILTY CA - Leila Fowler, 8, murdered, 12yo charged, Valley Springs, 27 Apr 2013 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you look on twitter, one of the reporters from Kcra who goes by the handle @kcrakevin talks about the case. Gives updates, etc

All JMO.

I can't find a link yet, no.
I'm wondering if it was a misunderstanding?

If they were talking about the police searching for knives AT the scene...
One of the talking heads could have said:
"They must believe that the knife was cleaned and left at the scene"
and people might be misinterpreting it?

Wow!

so ....IF....knife was cleaned and left at the scene!

this gives some insight into the mental state of the perp...

He took the time to clean the knife after the assault!

JMO

ETA.... Added IF knife was cleaned... Since there is no link yet...

Let's wait to ASSUME this is true until we hear it from more than once source. :please:
This would be a HUGE development if true and would likely change the entire course of the investigation.
It's only been heard on ONE station and could have easily been a misunderstanding. :twocents:

Thanks guys, I just don't want this exploding and everyone ASSuming it's true...
We would be clarifying and cleaning that mess up all day tomorrow!
(Well you would be, I won't be here!)

Three days ago media came out with headlines about detectives discovering knives used in attack. Further headlines showed that detectives went back to the home and picked up some knives and were going to have them tested.

So with this news, I feel very cautious. However if true it is huge. And not in a good way. (I've been saying that a lot with this case.)

A stranger might wipe his prints off a knife, but cleaning the knife wouldn't gain him anything. The results of the murder was there in plain sight so he wouldn't need to clean a knife that he was leaving there.

Three days ago media came out with headlines about detectives discovering knives used in attack. Further headlines showed that detectives went back to the home and picked up some knives and were going to have them tested.

So with this news, I feel very cautious. However if true it is huge. And not in a good way. (I've been saying that a lot with this case.)

A stranger might wipe his prints off a knife, but cleaning the knife wouldn't gain him anything. The results of the murder was there in plain sight so he wouldn't need to clean a knife that he was leaving there.

I can't find that info anywhere... Still digging

IF all the knives in the home were clean,yet LE believes one may have been the weapon, very strange indeed. I wonder if they were all put away?

I haven't seen that detectives discovered knives used in the attack. I can't find it. Do you have a link for that? Thanks.

This is the exchange on twitter between a local reporter and an ordinary person:

Reporter: Fowler family home secured as "crime scene" for full week after 8 year olds murder last Sat.

Ordinary Person: @KCRAKevin is it me, or is there something just not right about this story?

Reporter: @lorinajera Its certainly not you. There's something about this case.

https://twitter.com/KCRAKevin

<modsnip>

I haven't seen that detectives discovered knives used in the attack. I can't find it. Do you have a link for that? Thanks.

Investigators Analyzing Knives, Searching For Clues In Leila Fowler Murder
http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2013...s-searching-for-clues-in-leila-fowler-murder/

Investigators Discover Knives Possibly Used In Leila Fowler&#8217;s Murder
http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2013...knives-possibly-used-in-leila-fowlers-murder/

Leila Fowler Update: Knives found that may have been used in murder of 8-year-old, Calif. police say
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...sed-in-murder-of-8-year-old-calif-police-say/

But as I said in my post, further reading of the articles and you find out that they picked up some knives for testing. At that point anyway there was no proof that the knives were used in the attack.

Let's wait to ASSUME this is true until we hear it from more than once source. :please:
This would be a HUGE development if true and would likely change the entire course of the investigation.
It's only been heard on ONE station and could have easily been a misunderstanding. :twocents:

Thanks guys, I just don't want this exploding and everyone ASSuming it's true...
We would be clarifying and cleaning that mess up all day tomorrow!
(Well you would be, I won't be here!)

Just noticed you guys discussing it .. It was Mark Fuhrman on the Judge Jeanine program .. I actually jolted and came on here thinking you guys would know if he was right or wrong :) is the show uploaded anywhere .. I think it's repeated a bit though..

Found a transcript of the show ..

A little weird, isn't it?
00:35:01 This someone a little weird -- this one is a little weird?
00:35:06 >> Very weird.
00:35:07 I don't like it and it makes me uneasy but I have to say that the suspect is probably be known be the family report or the suspect knows the family.
00:35:18 In the middle of the day on a weekend day, a saturday.
00:35:21 The house is okayfied.
00:35:22 No forced entry and what really bothers me is that the police said they are looking for a knife that was possibly in the house that was used to stab the 8-year-old.
00:35:31 So that means that the suspect came unarmed.
00:35:39 Motive unknown right now.
00:35:40 Murder occurs.
00:35:41 Knife is cleaned and put back or it doesn't even -- it implies that it wasn't taken.
00:35:46 There is no missing knives that they are actually looking at knives for dna evidence.
00:35:53 >> Judge Jeanine: Right.
00:35:54 >> Disturbing to me all the way around.
00:35:56 >> Judge Jeanine: I have done these child abuse homicides for years and pedophiles, sexual assault.
00:36:01 It is rare that someone actually stabs an 8-year-old to death.
00:36:04 It is usually a smothering, a strangulation.
00:36:10 Highly unusual, a stabbing, do you agree?
00:36:12 >> I totally agree and the other thing that I find to be a little unbelievable is this is a violent type of death.
00:36:20 This is a death where somebody will scream out, there will be a struggle.
00:36:25 There will be loud screams.
00:36:29 >> Judge Jeanine: Absolutely, absolutely.
00:36:31 >> This is not an easy death.
00:36:32 >> Judge Jeanine: Dan shore talk to me.

More at Link .. numbers indicate time of sound bite.

http://livedash.ark.com/transcript/justice_with_judge_jeanine/51/Fox_News/Sunday_May_5_2013/644629/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shyanne