Identified! CA - Long Beach - WhtMale 15-19 - 1392UMCA - 'Paid' stamp on hand- Jun'78 - Kenneth Nevada Williams

Looks like something is finally happening in this case, they've changed his height and added his DNA now

I hadn't heard about this UID since Carl's segment on Crime Watch Daily. I think he went to Ripples and met the wrong person.

For my Saturday UID post, I wrote about him. I couldn't find a NamUs ruleout list so I did not include it. Just click the 3rd link in my signature if you want to see it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know this is a long shot, but this John Doe looks a lot like Mark Lindsey Bachelder who went missing from Texas in 1974.
He's listed as having blue eyes but they don't look blue in any of the pictures, but that could be due to the fact the pictures are a little out of focus.

Please, please, please, when submitting a person for consideration, please include a link to at least one missing page. For those of us reading on phones, it's a pain to have to go google the name and find the pages. I'm starting to not bother sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry about that, the last time I did, the mod removed it and said I was not allowed to post from another forum. I'm still learning the ropes as to what I can and can't do.

Sorry about that, the last time I did, the mod removed it and said I was not allowed to post from another forum. I'm still learning the ropes as to what I can and can't do.

Most reliable missing persons sites are allowed. A partial list, in no particular order:

Doenetwork
Charley Project
Namus
NCMEC
NAMPN
other specialized sites such as Black and Missing, pennsylvaniamissung, Never Forget Me, etc. If in doubt, ask a mod
LE missing and uid pages (California doj, for instance, INTERPOL, other nations)
LE and media official FB pages
in most cases, "Find xxxx" pages or websites

Not allowed: reddit etc
Personal FB or other SM
comments, even from approved sites
Most other discussion-type forums

If in doubt, ask a mod

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I appreciate the clarification.
Here is a link to Mark's Charley project:
(hyperlink option didn't work, it froze, sorry)
I wanted to post this on Mark's WS page, but the one I found is closed.
He went missing with another boy, but that boy's information is nowhere to be found, so perhaps his family accepted he may be lost at sea.

I was looking through old copies of the Long Beach Press Telegram/Independent (which can be usually be accessed here http://presstelegram.laserfiche.com/WebLink8/Browse.aspx?startid=2088&dbid=0, it was down for a long time, now finally it is back up and running).

I found a very brief article about this UID that ran on June 6, 1978. View attachment 57366

In the process, I learned that on June 2, 1978 (the day prior to this UID being found), a teenage runaway from Cherry Hill, NJ, named Leila Faye Barkley Blessing was found murdered in a Long Beach apartment. Ms. Blessing was believed to have run away from the Mill Creek School (a school for emotionally disturbed young people in West Philadelphia) on April 17, 1978 with a boy who was also a student at the school. The missing boy is not named in the Long Beach Independent article from June 8, 1978. View attachment 57367View attachment 57368

I wonder if the missing boy every surfaced again? I wonder if LE ever checked if this UID was the boy missing from the Mill Creek School? I would like to ask yet am not really sure how to even go about it because I don't even have a name of the boy who went missing at the same time as Ms. Blessing.

The news articles in question can also be seen here -- http://s1353.photobucket.com/user/amberbluecat/media/ptjune6_1978_zpsb00d945d.jpg.html, http://s1353.photobucket.com/user/amberbluecat/media/june8_1978p1_zps34975734.jpg.html, http://s1353.photobucket.com/user/amberbluecat/media/june8_1978p2_zps77315e56.jpg.html

I woner if you could contact leilya's family for a name of the male that was with her? I would think that if they knew the name...they would not forget it.

:bump: for image revision :bump:

I have not found any possible matches for this case, but I spent a little more time working on the reconstruction.

The Doe Network:
Case File 1392UMCA http://doenetwork.org/cases/1392umca.html

e215ef4d-e4e4-46e5-9136-3318c8d11061.jpg

WARNING - POSTMORTEM PHOTO AT LINK
http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums...em Photos/2616845050045078242S600x600Q851.jpg

Unidentified White Male

* The victim was discovered on June 3, 1978 in Long Beach, Los Angeles County, California
* Estimated Date of Death: Day of Discovery

Vital Statistics

* Estimated age: 15-19 years old
* Approximate Height and Weight: 5'7-5'11"; 130-145 lbs.
* Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown hair; hazel eyes.
* Clothing: Blue t-shirt with pocket, size 42-44. Blue Levi's; brown leather belt; blue/white running shoes, "Redwings"; blue socks.
* Fingerprints: Right - 16 TT 06 15 11; Left - 15 06 13 CI 08

Case History
The victim was located lying face down on the street at Division Street, One half block East of Corona Street in Long Beach, CA.
Pronounced dead at the scene, appears to have been dumped at this location.
He had a stamped imprint of "Paid" on the back of his right hand.

Wow.
39 years unidentified.
CarlK, did you search through some of the local HS yearbooks for this guy?
I wonder if it's time to do isotopes.

New to this case. After reading this whole thread, I'm very convinced he's a Randy Kraft victim. I know that people have looked into "Front of Ripples" and "LB Marina," but what about "Iowa" or "Diabetic"? It appears that the codenames on the scorecard are not exactly chronological, so this UID could theoretically be any of the unsolved ones.

If he's "Iowa", I would look into Steven Kirchhoff (The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)) as he fits the height/weight specs, dates somewhat match, and is only a couple years older than the estimated age of the UID. His Charley Project page (Steven Dick Kirchhoff – The Charley Project) says that his potential companion was tracked to Arizona, so it could be probable that he may have ended up in CA. I'd look into the companion too in case he could be "Iowa".

Wow.
39 years unidentified.
CarlK, did you search through some of the local HS yearbooks for this guy?
I wonder if it's time to do isotopes.

Yes, several years ago, I went through a few hundred of them covering southern LA County and Orange County. I came across JP from Cerritos (mentioned upthread here), and thought I had found him. It took a few months to figure out that JP was not our guy. I never got back to looking in yearbooks after that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheMidge
Back