CA CA - Los Angeles, 2 HispMales 1400UMCA & 1397UMCA, 14-19, GSW, Jul'92

FWIW, when I was talking to the homeless guy the day that I drove over to that location, he said that he recalled the locals talking about two kids from a different neighborhood who were shot for trash-talking.

But who's to say whether he was telling the truth, or if maybe he was talking about a different incident.

I live in an area that has a large homeless population. In fact there are several homeless shelters and outreach christian organizations in my neighborhood. As someone who comes from a rural background in another state and now lives in a city it has always amazed me how much the homeless people in my neighborhood notice my actions. They always talk to me, never ask for money and if my routine changes they notice. If they havn't seen me around in awhile some will come up and hug me (mind you I work for LE). I gave up one of my dogs in October (to someone that could provide him with what I thought he needed, a yard and people there for him more then twelve hours a day) and when I walked just one dog, less than two days of giving him away all the homeless people in the area came up to me asking where the other dog was. It took two to three weeks for my other neighbors that I've had for five years to do same. I've known some of these homeless people for over five years, I wouldn't be too quick to discredit what he says.

Keep in mind that this happened about 3 months after the 1992 LA riots. In the months that followed the riots, there remained an atmosphere of lawlessness. (even more so than is normal in that part of town).

I was just thinking "that would be a scary time to be in LA"...

I'm wondering too if they were runaways or homeless and were prostitutes. The reason I come to that conclusion is they were found without clothing and were last seen on a street corner.

I was just thinking "that would be a scary time to be in LA"...

My brother was a cement truck driver at the time, and had to drive his truck right through the riot zone. He says that he wasn't stopping for red lights, pedestrians, nothing.

I'm wondering too if they were runaways or homeless and were prostitutes. The reason I come to that conclusion is they were found without clothing and were last seen on a street corner.

As I said earlier, I highly doubt that they were standing naked on the street-corner. It's more likely that their clothing was lost in the emergency. Given the amount of blood in one of the two photos, I suspect that the clothing was probably soaked in blood, and was removed to facilitate the efforts to save their lives. Under those circumstances, the emergency personnel (i.e., paramedics and doctors) aren't thinking about what to do with their clothing.

As I said earlier, I highly doubt that they were standing naked on the street-corner. It's more likely that their clothing was lost in the emergency. Given the amount of blood in one of the two photos, I suspect that the clothing was probably soaked in blood, and was removed to facilitate the efforts to save their lives. Under those circumstances, the emergency personnel (i.e., paramedics and doctors) aren't thinking about what to do with their clothing.

Eek - I didn't know about the blood....I try not to look at those photos if I don't have to I have enough of them burned into my memory as is....

:bump: I noticed two teenage boys who went missing, yet once I found the thread, I saw that the dates were not compatible.

The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children has composites for these two UIDs (I think the composites are new) --

NCMU1184146c1.jpg

http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NCMU/1184146/1#poster

NCMU1184146c2.jpg

http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NCMU/1184146/1#poster

Oh god, teen boy cases often make me cry (unsurprising as I have four teen boys of my own). The boy in the darker shirt looks like my one of my sons, albeit with darker colouring.

Sadly I would tend to agree with DrDMike on this one, although I am sure that some of the locals would have known their names at least.

Those poor, poor boys. If they were illegals, I wonder whether their families are still around LA, but won't come forward to claim them as they don't want to be deported. Perhaps they visit their graves...

The records at NCMEC do mention their clothes:

For the boy that was wearing the Casio watch, he was wearing blue pants and tennis shoes. (https://identifyus.org/cases/3774 , dentals and fingerprints, DNA insufficient for profile)

The other boy was wearing blue jeans, a t shirt, and tennis shoes. (https://identifyus.org/cases/3773 , same identifiers as above).

According to Namus, the boys were at a bus stop, when a car pulled up. Someone in the car shouted gang slogans, and then shot them.

Here is an August 1992 article about the homicides: http://articles.latimes.com/1992-08-06/local/me-5289_1_murder-victims However it's very short, and not really new information...

is anyone clear whether they were SHOT as they stood there, or were they dumped on the corner after being shot elsewhere?

this makes me sad, as well as the Fontana UID. they are just kids.

is anyone clear whether they were SHOT as they stood there, or were they dumped on the corner after being shot elsewhere?

this makes me sad, as well as the Fontana UID. they are just kids.

It was a drive-by shooting. The killers shouted gang slogans as they drove by.

According to Namus, the boys were at a bus stop, when a car pulled up. Someone in the car shouted gang slogans, and then shot them.

Here is an August 1992 article about the homicides: http://articles.latimes.com/1992-08-06/local/me-5289_1_murder-victims However it's very short, and not really new information...

Snipped by me. It's interesting to note two things from this article:

1. the car from which the drive by shooting occurred was identified as a large navy blue car with white top and

2. investigators thought that the boys did not appear to be gang members though they may have been mistake for gang members

Bump. This case freaks me out. These 2 boys must've both had families- people that cared for them, and no one has identified them? They died so horribly :(

I wonder if they were members of a gang, if an ex gang member would remember them. I don't doubt that the drive by shooting could've been a mistake, though. My mom moved to the UK soon after the LA riots and they left a lasting impression on her. Last summer, we had to drive through South Central LA and she wouldn't stop the car to let me get out and find a bathroom. She just can't forget the violence, etc.

I don't doubt that the drive by shooting could've been a mistake, though. My mom moved to the UK soon after the LA riots and they left a lasting impression on her. Last summer, we had to drive through South Central LA and she wouldn't stop the car to let me get out and find a bathroom. She just can't forget the violence, etc.

My mother was raised in the worst parts of Long Beach, LA, and she lived there through the LA riots as well. She stayed until she moved to Bell and met my father, a Fresno valley guy, in '95. She won't even drive within an hour of Los Angeles.

I asked her for thoughts about this case; she was really not interested, and muttered that it was almost certainly gang violence and that the two kids won't be identified.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back