CA CA - Los Angeles, 2 HispMales 1400UMCA & 1397UMCA, 14-19, GSW, Jul'92

I remember these photos from before California removed them. One if the boys has a total look of shock and surprise on his face and eyes.

That one has haunted me for awhile.
The fact that his eyes are open breaks my heart. That boy looks so young. Like 12 or 13. The two boys look like they could be brothers, or if not, close friends. He obviously watched someone close to him die. It’s so sad. I just wish I could go back in time and save him and the other one. I hope he and his companion are resting peacefully now.

Did another revision to the Compton Ave & Vernon Ave Duo.

1682657730840.png
Amazing work Carl. As always. The boy on the right, I assume he was the older one, yes? The one who weighed 170 pounds. He looks so lifelike. It looks like I’m actually seeing him in life.

And a quick note! I often discuss cases that I have seen the person or know them, or just a case that really tugs my heartstrings. My grandfather worked all around the US back in the 80s, 90s, and 00s. He worked in LA from 1987-1993. He recalls seeing one of these boys when he was going to get a coffee at Starbucks around 9am one day. He says it was in ‘90 or ‘91. He says the boy he saw looks like the younger one. He was sitting down with a friend (who he says he didn’t know if he was the other boy or not.) He overheard the other boy call the John Doe by the name “Fernando”. So maybe that’s a possible name. He didn’t remember that moment until I showed him the recons of the boys as he worked near where this occurred.

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazing work Carl. As always. The boy on the right, I assume he was the older one, yes? The one who weighed 170 pounds. He looks so lifelike. It looks like I’m actually seeing him in life.

And a quick note! I often discuss cases that I have seen the person or know them, or just a case that really tugs my heartstrings. My grandfather worked all around the US back in the 80s, 90s, and 00s. He worked in LA from 1987-1993. He recalls seeing one of these boys when he was going to get a coffee at Starbucks around 9am one day. He says it was in ‘90 or ‘91. He says the boy he saw looks like the younger one. He was sitting down with a friend (who he says he didn’t know if he was the other boy or not.) He overheard the other boy call the John Doe by the name “Fernando”. So maybe that’s a possible name. He didn’t remember that moment until I showed him the recons of the boys as he worked near where this occurred.
Off topic a bit but I didn’t even know we had Starbucks in SoCal in the 90s

That’s what my grandfather said so I’m taking it with a grain of salt. His memory is going bad. He just remembers some little things.
Thank you for sharing. He may not be wrong though. I googled and there were Starbucks stores in the LA around that time period.

Thank you for sharing. He may not be wrong though. I googled and there were Starbucks stores in the LA around that time period.
Yeah, I noticed that too. I’m hoping that these boys get justice and get their names back. I almost cried looking at the PM photos. The younger boy looks so scared. I hope the boys can rest easy and enjoy the afterlife.

Were these boys cremated because I read on Doe Network that there's not enough DNA for both of them.
Yes, they were cremated. I never understood why they cremated UIDs personally. Many religions forbid cremation so it’s quite likely in a lot of cases that they did this against the family’s wishes when ID’d. Shame. It really makes ID even harder. I thought “oh should be solvable.” Nope. No DNA. I think dentals and fingerprints are available though.

Don't feel weird. I've had dreams about them too. It wasn't that specific though. This case bothers me a lot.
Oh! So I’m not the odd one out for having Does appear in my dreams after researching a certain case! I’ve had these boys appear in my dreams too. In my dream they were just two best friends who went alone from their poor hometown in Mexico all the way to LA. The older boy was 16, the younger one was 14 in my dream.

I passed through the intersection yesterday and I immediately thought of these 2 boys. Let's hope 2023 will be the final year they'll be unidentified
Hopefully! They’re one of my pet cases. My grandfather recalled seeing one of them once and he believes his name might be Fernando. Imagine if he was right! :) He’s referring to the younger one. He does look like a Fernando to me. :)

I’m hoping so too but sadly there’s no DNA available for them. :(

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dena24