CA CA - Los Angeles, 2 HispMales 1400UMCA & 1397UMCA, 14-19, GSW, Jul'92

Sadly that is my thought as well. I think the boy's parents were here illegally and either didn't know they were killed and either way too afraid to come forward and have long since moved away.

My mother was raised in the worst parts of Long Beach, LA, and she lived there through the LA riots as well. She stayed until she moved to Bell and met my father, a Fresno valley guy, in '95. She won't even drive within an hour of Los Angeles.

I asked her for thoughts about this case; she was really not interested, and muttered that it was almost certainly gang violence and that the two kids won't be identified.

This is a case that has not received much attention, but because it involves young teenagers, should. This seems to be a case that could be solved with a little publicity in the neighborhood.

Their cause of death is not mentioned, but I would guess that it was a drive-by shooting considering the part of town in which this happened.

I did the recons for these two DoeNet Cases, and was never quite happy with the resemblance for the boy in the blue shirt. This one was quite difficult because of the bad camera angle, contorted facial expression, and bad photo quality. But today, I spent a few hours more on it, and finally am fairly satisfied with the resemblance.

The Doe Network:
Case Files 1397UMCA and 1400UMCA

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1397umca.html
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1400umca.html

fb4def60-80e7-4f93-a37b-bd06fd85436f.jpg

*** WARNING POSTMORTEM PHOTOS AT LINKS ***
http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums...em Photos/2425764740045078242S600x600Q851.jpg
http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums...em Photos/2641254580045078242S600x600Q851.jpg

Unidentified Hispanic Males
* The victims were discovered on July 19, 1992 in Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, California

Vital Statistics (1400UMCA)
* Estimated ages: 13-16 years old
* Approximate Height and Weight: 5'6"; 170 lbs.
* Distinguishing Characteristics: Black hair; brown eyes. Small scar on left hip.
* Clothing: No clothing; no jewelry.
* Dentals: Available.

Vital Statistics (1397UMCA)
* Estimated age: 12-17 years old
* Approximate Height and Weight: 5'6"; 128 lbs.
* Distinguishing Characteristics: Black hair; brown eyes.
* Clothing: Undershorts; a black Casio watch.
* Dentals: Available.

Case History
The two boys were standing at a street corner at Vernon Avenue and Compton Boulevard in Los Angeles, California on July 19, 1992. They were transported to the hospital where they died.

The LA Coroner used to list their cause of death along with pictures or sketches but they stopped doing that. There is also a case of 2 kids on bicycles by Northridge University who were ran over & never identified. I think the cause of death was that they were ran over at the bus stand.

Do you have a link to the case of the kids on bicycles?

Did another revision to the Compton Ave & Vernon Ave Duo.

1682657778359.png

Last edited:
Bumping for this poor John Does.

Bumping here because I had a strange dream some days ago that involved these does, I don't think any of it should be considered but still weird. On my dream they were brothers and they were the sons of a prostitute and they were planning to return to Mexico while their mother stayed in LA because of the horrible conditions they lived in.

I hope it's not weird or disrespectful but I thought I would mention something about it.

Bumping for this poor John Does.

Bumping here because I had a strange dream some days ago that involved these does, I don't think any of it should be considered but still weird. On my dream they were brothers and they were the sons of a prostitute and they were planning to return to Mexico while their mother stayed in LA because of the horrible conditions they lived in.

I hope it's not weird or disrespectful but I thought I would mention something about it.

Don't feel weird. I've had dreams about them too. It wasn't that specific though. This case bothers me a lot.

Welcome to Websleuths. How did you hear about the case? Do you have any thoughts about it?

None, unfortunately. I thought that my favorite Doe case was vexing, but this one lacks even the barest bit of helpful information. Unlike my Doe, I cannot determine where these boys were buried, which makes any future solution with DNA analysis somewhat problematic. The LAPD and LA County Sheriff, like every other public entity in California, is notoriously slow and cumbersome for records requests although I've considered giving it a shot. Of course they're also using Covid as an excuse to make services even worse. As an historian, I can say that so much information is in plain sight in archival records and over time (especially 29 years) you need new eyes on it.

I’m taking a trip to Los Angeles soon and would like to drive by this area where the boys were killed but is it a safe area to drive in even 30 years later?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
?Unicorn/Fkboi?
Back