Found Deceased CA - Madyson Middleton, 8, Santa Cruz, 26 July 2015 - #1 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Madison was visiting her mother, who lives at the Tannery Arts Center.

Law enforcement is searching the woodland and park areas around the Tannery Arts Center and the river levee.
The state Office of Emergency Services got on site late Sunday with a specialized canine unit to assist in the search.

Madison was last seen playing outside her apartment complex riding her white razer scooter wearing a purple knee high dress with black leggings, helmet, and her long dark hair pulled to the side in a braid, police said.

Police spokeswoman Joyce Blaschke said video surveillance at the complex showed Madison still there at 5:05 p.m."

http://www.santacruzsentinel.com/ge...e-searching-for-missing-santa-cruz-8-year-old

I wonder if visiting means she's unfamiliar with the area/terrain?

Visiting as the word choice almost sounds like not even a regular custody swap or something, as it seems like it'd have been worded more like spending the weekend with or it being her Mother's Day instead.

But even if it's just that she doesn't have primary custody, it'd still seem like she may not be as familiar with the area as she'd be wherever she typically is.

And that makes me think she could have greater odds of perhaps having gotten lost somewhere she's not familiar with and maybe hurt and not visible or not where she can as tract attention.

Does someone familiar with the area know what the terrain by the river levee is like?

That proximity to the river worries me. I hope she is safe .

Visiting as the word choice almost sounds like not even a regular custody swap or something, as it seems like it'd have been worded more like spending the weekend with or it being her Mother's Day instead.
that's why I wondered what the custody situation was. Is this place familiar like home? Has she been there often?

I checked the Santa Cruz Police FB page. Maddy is familiar with the area and known at the Arts Center. And the correct spelling of her name is definitely Madyson.

Has her scooter turned up? If she was put into a vehicle would they leave it or take it? I think they are pretty small and it would fit in a van. Not sure about a regular sedan though.

If she is inside someone's house they could bring it in and hide it. I am very worried.

BBM

We have a couple of those scooters - they fold and fit easily into most vehicles.

I don't know about most of u but...
when I see the age of a missing person I automatically have an assumption.
Older senior ... lost or disoriented also an accident drove off the road.
woman 25 to 45 .... spouse or BF 99% 1% left on own or suicide
male 25 to 45.....accident or suicide
Teens ....runaways
Child 9 to12 stranger abduction
Child under 9 to toddler Parent or caregiver

I think this child was taken.

JMO

that's why I wondered what the custody situation was. Is this place familiar like home? Has she been there often?

I checked the Santa Cruz Police FB page. Maddy is familiar with the area and known at the Arts Center. And the correct spelling of her name is definitely Madyson.

Is mom enrolled her as a student of some kind or is she employed here possibly and maybe Madison stays with grandparents.

Santa Cruz PD Facebook:

SCPD is working around the clock following up on all leads. The police department will update any overnight developments on Monday morning, July 27th.The Santa Cruz Police Department has scoured the area with additional officers and detectives. Investigators are following up on all possible leads to locate Madyson aka “Maddy” Middleton. The Santa Cruz Police has called in additional support from the Sheriff’s Office Search and Rescue Team to assist in the search effort. The police department has also requested a specially trained Search and Rescue K-9 Unit from the State Office of Emergency Services to support our effort.

Please report any possible sightings. They are crucial to assist in locating Maddy as soon as possible. If you have information that can assist in helping safely locate Madyson Middleton, please call 911.

https://www.facebook.com/santacruzpolice?fref=ts

Please let this child be found. Children should be able to play outside freely but unfortunately they cannot. I cringe when I hear a young child goes missing while out playing alone. Predators are called so for a reason and wait for opportunities where no eyes are watching. Most young kids are physically at a disadvantage and usually not equipped with cell phones or devices to communicate their location.
I would love for my little one to have the freedom to play without me having to be there but it's not that way anymore. Even with Stanger Danger classes by local police - I don't feel secure in letting her walk around the neighborhood alone or to from the bus stop... and I'm in a development where I know who lives in each house but its easy for someone to drive around and wait.

I hope more clues to her whereabout appear today - footage from cameras?? a witness, etc. Upthread someone mentioned custody and I'm wondering if anything has been documented about the marital status of her parents ?

But even if it's just that she doesn't have primary custody, it'd still seem like she may not be as familiar with the area as she'd be wherever she typically is.

And that makes me think she could have greater odds of perhaps having gotten lost somewhere she's not familiar with and maybe hurt and not visible or not where she can as tract attention.

Does someone familiar with the area know what the terrain by the river levee is like?

1030 River Street is literally right next to the river, which runs out to the bay.
View attachment 78820
Looks like there's an unnamed road or path between the center and the river.
image.jpg

It it also looks like there are beachy areas by the water. For example, you can see the art center marked, and in the foreground of this image is a beachhead area by the water. It's beige in color. Certainly there must be a path leading down to it. There may be tons of these, or just this one. I can't tell.
image.jpg

Looks like there's an unnamed road or path between the center and the river.
View attachment 78846

It it also looks like there are beachy areas by the water. For example, you can see the art center marked, and in the foreground of this image is a beachhead area by the water. It's beige in color. Certainly there must be a path leading down to it. There may be tons of these, or just this one. I can't tell.
View attachment 78847

This complex looks to be about 1 1/2 miles (give or take) to the actual beach. The river runs to the water of course, and a body could easily be carried out depending on how much water is in it. It could be a dry river bed right now for all I know (I haven't lived in California for over a decade).

But this is not a case of going a block or two too far and ending up in the ocean. Not sure if that is what you were thinking or not.

Gerald Ray Jackson
(Aliases: Jackson, Ray; Torres, Victor Lee)

Crime: prior code - kidnapping with intent to commit a specified sex offense, Statute: 207
Crime: rape, Statute: 261

Address: 733 River St Show location
Zip Code: 95060
Sex: Male
Date of birth: 1941-02-19
Eye color: Gray
Hair color: Brown
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 147
Marks/Scars/Tattoos: forearm, left; tattoo, unknown weapon; back; chest; leg, nonspecific; leg, left, nonspecific; arm, left, nonspecific; tattoo, unknown dragon; arm, right, nonspecific; tattoo, unknown animal; tattoo, unknown bug; tattoo, unknown heart; tattoo, unknown snake; abdomen
Ethnicity: White

Read more: http://www.city-data.com/so/so-Santa-Cruz-California.html#ixzz3h6MnNCS8

This guy's page has expired. He's very close.

This complex looks to be about 1 1/2 miles (give or take) to the actual beach. The river runs to the water of course, and a body could easily be carried out depending on how much water is in it. It could be a dry river bed right now for all I know (I haven't lived in California for over a decade).

But this is not a case of going a block or two too far and ending up in the ocean. Not sure if that is what you were thinking or not.
No. I was highlighting the attraction and accessibility to the river in the area she was last seen.

But to respond to question about the river height, I'm not there but I'm pretty sure this river never dries up. It's one of the main leads to the ocean from inland. I imagine it's quite deep.

Shades of Amber Hagerman, whose name launched the Amber Alert. She was riding her bike, without a care in the world. Gotta have a better outcome :please:

I saw this on Nancy Graces Facebook page and came here to see if there was a thread on her. I wonder if the scooter has been found?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Per your link '''Janet O ‏@JanetONews
Neighbor now confirming this was *NOT* the purple dress Maddy was wearing when she disappeared. '''

Was she in the care of the neighbor ?

ETA Maybe this neighbor is the same one who saw her last playing outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500