Found Deceased CA - Mary Louise Day, 12, Seaside, 1980

The make-up and the necklace Mary is wearing is very JonBenet Ramsey... very unsettling, particularly the thought of a military brat like Mary might have been being a child model or child pageant queen.

What are FLEK threads? And also, 5'8 is hella tall for a 12 year old. Maybe she had a thyroid issue?

I was only agreeing that modelling could be the reason for the make-up and the fancy necklace. Both of which seem a bit... strange.

Another thing that occurred to me is that the picture looks like it could have been cropped from a larger picture of a wedding party. As a flower girl in the 80s I wore a similar fancy dress and necklace myself.

It's possible it was a wedding. Outside special occasions, most American little girls didn't wear fancy dresses or necklaces/earrings in the eighties.

Where are her family in all this? Is anyone even looking for her?

This one has always bothered me. Her height and weight to me sound suspect... It's obviously not impossible for a 12 year old to be 5'8" 120lb (I even know a 12/13 year old girl about those measurements), but combined with the fact that the reported missing date is so unsure... Just all comes off to me as hinky.

I mean, spring of 1980 and july 15, 1981 are HUGELY different. Which was it? or neither? sometime in between?

They should have known the exact day (and year, for goodness sakes) and frankly, the exact hour she didn't arrive home or didn't make it to school. And if she went missing July 15, then it wasn't on the way to school, obviously, unless she was in summer school, and then there needs to be some clarification.

Was she walking to school and disappeared? waiting on the bus and wasn't there when it got there? did anyone actually see her waiting on the bus or walking to school? did she get on the bus and then didn't make it to the school? did she make it to school and then cut class and never came back? did she get to school, stayed all day and disappeared on the way home? What about statements from parents or guardians, siblings, friends, teachers, even LE?

It feels like a bunch of people let this girl down.

Yeah. I get the feeling they couldn't get complete info on Mary - or didn't care enough to get it - so just made some stuff up.

And it doesn't seem like there were articles on her disappearance at all. Is her family still living? Something doesn't add up.

I completely agree that it sounds like they suspect a family member because the info on her is vague at best. It is very unlikely for a 12 year old girl to be 5'8" and 120lbs and not have an exact missing date or any family member that I could find that is looking for her. If a family member was not suspected, then LE must have a really good suspect to consider this case closed...I hope someday this little girl will be found.

i was 5'8 and almost 120lbs at that age....its not common, but not unheard of to be that tall so young :)

About Mary's wedding party photo... as a trans man who was raised a little girl, I was part of family weddings where i had to wear a pretty dress and accessories such as a necklace. I'm just kind of surprised they released a photo of her all fancied up and with make-up on. It just sets off your Spidey senses.

The makeup doesn't seem that odd to me since I was kind of like Mary, having reached my full height and adult size by the age of 12. I looked 16 even without the makeup, so nobody cared when I started wearing it in the 6th grade. A lot of my friends wore it too. Having said that, what little of her outfit and jewelry we can see makes me think she was attending something formal or semi-formal.

We don't really know if there were problems at home, but if Mary could pass for older than she was, maybe she was a runaway who ended up with the wrong person/crowd and something happened to her?

Thinking it over... maybe Mary's family felt that a photo of Mary at a formal event was less emotionally draining to be released to the public than a "personal" photo of her. Look at the way Natalee Holloway is defined by her high school graduation photo or JonBenet Ramsey by her child pageant queen photo.

Like others have already said, it's unusual but not unheard of for a twelve-year-old to be so tall; however I'm wondering if it could have possibly been a typo for 58" (4'10") tall.

Yeah it's possibly a typo. If so, it's yet another event in this Mickey Mouse investigation...

Yeah it's possibly a typo. If so, it's yet another event in this Mickey Mouse investigation...
If it is, it's nowhere near as bad as it could have been via a typo. There is an UID case that I came across where a Jane Doe's height is listed as being 5 inches. I kid you not.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back