CA CA - Michael Vanzandt, 36, Hermosa Beach, 5 March 2016

I'd never piss out in the open - ocean, river, lake, etc. As someone already mentioned, I'd want to be behind something.

That seems to be the general response I got... nobody said they'd seek out a body of water. Granted, I only asked maybe 10 dudes I was comfortable with, so not a scientific based opinion or anything. It's just weird to me that this seems to be an accepted explanation on WS.

Who is this actually true for? Just a specific demographic of men?

I've been here on WS long enough to prompt me to poll my IRL guy friends. Not one of them claims to be attracted to urinating in water if a toilet is not available (we live walking distance to the ocean). Most wanted to be behind something, like a car or dumpster. Others indicated a wall was acceptable. A few chose lamp posts or mailboxes. Where are the guys that choose water?

Gross, right? My point is that I just don't agree that there is a magical magnetism that makes guys fall in .

BBM

I think it's proportionate to the amount of booze ingested. When I first came to WS whenever a young guy who had been at the bar disappeared everyone would automatically ask about the closest water. I thought they were nuts, why would you go to the water, especially the disappearances that happened in frigid weather. But when I started to take notice I started to believe it. There may be a couple of missing guys that didn't end up in the water but I can't remember who they are.

I'm not convinced that this case follows the same scenario though.

JMO

I don't get why anyone would voluntarily go into the cold, dark ocean at night, alone like that. Especially if they were dressed for a night out with friends. It makes no sense.

It might make sense to someone who is troubled and loves the water. He is a swimmer right? Wasn't it said that he is known for going for an impromptu swim? He might feel calmed, soothed, in his element when in water. Although I think if he decided to go for a swim they would have found his belongings somewhere along the shoreline. Maybe they are there and haven't been found yet. Maybe he hid his shoes, trousers, wallet, phone etc, somewhere in a bush or between some rocks. Maybe he walked a mile or more along the beach first before undressing and swimming out.

It always amazes me that someone can just disappear! I feel terrible for his children.

I think when friends go out in a group, they should stay in a group. I know being a girl, I always, always stayed in the group I went out with. Even when I or a gf wanted to take off with a guy, we/they insisted/forced us to leave all together.
I would like to believe that if he went in the water, clothes and all, that something of him would have been found by now, no?
It does sound "convenient" how his phone is not working as soon as he becomes separated. Not placing blame on anyone, it just seems to happen often.
Off my pedestal. I hope Michael is found safe.

It might make sense to someone who is troubled and loves the water. He is a swimmer right? Wasn't it said that he is known for going for an impromptu swim? He might feel calmed, soothed, in his element when in water. Although I think if he decided to go for a swim they would have found his belongings somewhere along the shoreline. Maybe they are there and haven't been found yet. Maybe he hid his shoes, trousers, wallet, phone etc, somewhere in a bush or between some rocks. Maybe he walked a mile or more along the beach first before undressing and swimming out.

I think this is the most likely scenario. Low tide was at 12:52am on the 6th and high tide was at 7:02am on the 6th. If he took off his shoes, etc., left them relatively close to the water's edge and went into the water so close to low tide his items would have been underwater and lord knows where by the time high tide came back in. As a regular on the shores of California beaches it always amazes me how the beach can be littered with items at one low tide and everything gone at the next low tide as though it never existed (and I mean everything....broken chairs, trash, dead animals, drawers, rocks, etc.)

A homicide investigation was underway.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2016...-investigation-underway/#.VvGk76vrjpM.twitter

twitter.com/CBSLA/status/712369991195099136

CeLYu4aUEAAc016.jpg

I don't believe this could be Michael if he went for a swim that night. Venice is 13+ miles North of Hermosa. Also, while Michael seems very fit, LE did confirm that the body found was that of a man in his 20's. And one more thing, there is a missing swimmer from that area, as well.

If it is Michael, then it seems as if when he went off camera with that group of people something may have gone down and he may have been given a ride somewhere. They do mention it's is a homicide investigation (so probably NOT the missing swimmer).

It's so awful for his family. I hope they find answers soon.

RIP to whomever was found today.

ETA: Krishain posted on FB that the detective in charge confirmed that the body found was NOT Michael.

Idk. It's been close to 3 weeks. A body could totally drift 13 miles. If it wasn't nibbled on.

Praying it's not Michael, also praying for the family of this man found.

Thinking of Michael tonight ❤

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

Has this man been forgotten already? Why so much activity on Joey LaBute, while this man with 3 children has been all but forgotten??

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix
Back