CA CA - Michael Vanzandt, 36, Hermosa Beach, 5 March 2016

067d7076ca247ad1daa25c08dd91457e.jpg
d1e25425eb5d2430fbcb98624f773eb7.jpg

Why do grainy surveillance videos still exist?! Millennium and all that...

This is right in my neck of the woods and is pretty big news here as we don't get a lot of missing people in the beach cities. The liquor store he went to is right on the corner by the "main street" so maybe someone or some people he pissed off drug him in the van....but even that sounds crazy because at that time of night there's still a ton of people walking around. The police have a big presence right along that area too. Or perhaps he fell off the Hermosa Pier in to the water, hopefully unintentional. This is a strange one and am hoping he's found soon.

Any news? Have you seen much coverage there?

:bump: for Michael. I wish we would get an update of some kind. Some good news for a change would be really nice! We're still pulling for you Michael!

Thank you for the link to this. I don't have a facebook account, however, and apparently the page is not viewable to dinosaurs like me. :D (I just get the login page.) I assume there is no news update to report, however, as I know our WS folks would be right on it and sharing it here.

When I see all those photos you posted of him with his kids, it makes me so sad for his kids and the rest of his family....

Any updates yet on the ID of the body found?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This case stumps me. Not that other cases don't stump me of course.

First there seems to be a lack of attention to this case. Was it you anonypotomous who compared the attention to the Joey LaBute case vs this one?

This man Michael served our country. Literally laid his life on the line for us. In no way am I saying that makes his life more valuable than anyone else's, I'm only commenting on the lack of attention by msm etc.

To my mind his military training also would maybe make him harder to be taken or assaulted? I know there are victims of crimes who are military I'm just saying he might be better equipped to defend himself?

The minimal amount of video footage also stumps me.

Ok I'm babbling Blame it on no coffee yet. Sorry.

Prayers for Michael.

This case stumps me. Not that other cases don't stump me of course.

First there seems to be a lack of attention to this case. Was it you anonypotomous who compared the attention to the Joey LaBute case vs this one?

This man Michael served our country. Literally laid his life on the line for us. In no way am I saying that makes his life more valuable than anyone else's, I'm only commenting on the lack of attention by msm etc.

To my mind his military training also would maybe make him harder to be taken or assaulted? I know there are victims of crimes who are military I'm just saying he might be better equipped to defend himself?

The minimal amount of video footage also stumps me.

Ok I'm babbling Blame it on no coffee yet. Sorry.

Prayers for Michael.

Yes, that was me that compared the two cases. I just can't wrap my head around why there isn't more coverage on this. The thread seems to have gone cold as well. It saddens me deeply.

I agree with his training (and build) that yes, he'd be a harder target.

I have so many questions. I'm quite new to this board and sure wish that some of those who are wonderful sluethers would take an interest!

Any updates yet on the ID of the body found?

Post #55 in this thread say's that family on the Find Michael Facebook said LE confirmed the body was not Michael.

No :(

"Authorities have identified the decomposing human remains found Tuesday in the waters off Venice Beach as 22-year-old Bakersfield man Anibar Guana."

My deepest condolences to Anibar's family and friends. RIP Anibar

I came across a short news story of a man beaten to death in Lawndale, Ca. I think that's not that far away in distance from Hermosa Beach. The man is unidentified in the article, and I have not found a follow-up story. Can someone who has facebook alert the Find Mike Vanzandt site to see if this victim has been ruled out? It seems the man was found on March 6, so the date could fit!

http://abc7.com/news/man-beaten-to-death-in-lawndale;-investigation-underway/1234001/

I came across a short news story of a man beaten to death in Lawndale, Ca. I think that's not that far away in distance from Hermosa Beach. The man is unidentified in the article, and I have not found a follow-up story. Can someone who has facebook alert the Find Mike Vanzandt site to see if this victim has been ruled out? It seems the man was found on March 6, so the date could fit!

http://abc7.com/news/man-beaten-to-death-in-lawndale;-investigation-underway/1234001/

I did a quick check on the L.A. Times' Homicide Report and couldn't find anything about this murder. Weird that ABC wouldn't identify the deceased but still ask for help in solving the murder. And...the Homicide Report says that no people were killed in Lawndale in the last 12 months. Hmmm...

The incident in Lawndale occurred 3.5 miles away from where Mike was last seen. I can only imagine that LAPD has looked into any possible connection to Mike's disappearance. They are faced with SOOOO many murders each year. This ain't their first rodeo, YKWIM?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolibery
Back