GUILTY CA - Michelle Hoang Thi Le, 26, Hayward, 27 May 2011

This is a strange case. I live on the street where the car was found. Ponderosa CT. Its not very safe or very dangerous. But it is kind of ghetto. I don't think people park here to go to the hospital, there are closer areas on the same side of the street that would be better suited. You would have to cross a 6 lane road.

Why did she go to her car? Was she meeting someone? Buying/selling something on Craigslist? Did she decide to take a drive and had car troubles?

Whats with the cameras in the parking garage where she was originally parked? This is not an area where you want to park and take a late night stroll. Plus, it was pretty windy all weekend. So it was a little chilly.

Also, where are her friends and family? There hasn't been a peep on any of the news site with her family or friends speaking out. Its been 4 days now.

So according to the reports, she did park in the parking garage at the hospital. Sounds like she was accosted in the garage and either forced to drive to Ponderosa Court, or the car was driven there by her assailant(s). Why don't the cameras show anything? Did she park out of view of the cameras or were they not working properly? It seems they would see her car leaving the garage at some point on one of the cameras.

Jedi--have the police been questioning the residents on your street? Have your neighbors said anything to you about anything they may have seen?

So according to the reports, she did park in the parking garage at the hospital. Sounds like she was accosted in the garage and either forced to drive to Ponderosa Court, or the car was driven there by her assailant(s). Why don't the cameras show anything? Did she park out of view of the cameras or were they not working properly? It seems they would see her car leaving the garage at some point on one of the cameras.

She just went out to take a break--what on earth could have happened? I doubt they take very long breaks--maybe long enough to use the bathroom, grab a snack, or smoke outside. Would that be 10 or 20 minutes?

She just went out to take a break--what on earth could have happened? I doubt they take very long breaks--maybe long enough to use the bathroom, grab a snack, or smoke outside. Would that be 10 or 20 minutes?

I'm wondering if she hadn't left something in her car and went to grab it....was accosted at that point? I 'm surprised that security video didn't catch anything.

Oh brother! You know, I am wondering if this family is in any way related to that other family. If I was investigating, which I am not, the first person I would want to get an alibi from is the guy who owned that mailbox store or whatever it was.
I still think that whole case is very highly suspicious.

In this case, the only local news I heard about it today is that supposedly a camera caught what they think was Michelle's car leaving the Kaiser parking garage that Friday when she supposedly took a break. They do not know who was driving or if there was another person in the car. At least, if they do know, they aren't saying.

And, then of course, her car was found nearby, all locked up.

I'm wondering if she hadn't left something in her car and went to grab it....was accosted at that point? I 'm surprised that security video didn't catch anything.

Yes, Blondie in Spokane, I think you are right...and after reading the article posted by Chili Fries, I bet she was accosted in the parking garage. Those places can be scary, it was 7 p.m. (still not dark this time of year, but it's always night in those garages!). Hayward has gone downhill a lot in the past 13 years or so. Nothing would surprise me.

It seems something should have been caught on tape, though.

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?sec...bay&id=8161117

Oh brother! You know, I am wondering if this family is in any way related to that other family. If I was investigating, which I am not, the first person I would want to get an alibi from is the guy who owned that mailbox store or whatever it was.
I still think that whole case is very highly suspicious.

In this case, the only local news I heard about it today is that supposedly a camera caught what they think was Michelle's car leaving the Kaiser parking garage that Friday when she supposedly took a break. They do not know who was driving or if there was another person in the car. At least, if they do know, they aren't saying.

And, then of course, her car was found nearby, all locked up.

bolded by me.

I bet they aren't saying.

It is a strange coincidence that the two women have the same last name. For some reason I'm thinking that the last name "Le" in Vietnam, is as common as "Smith" is here. Still, the other similarity, that they were/are both nursing students--makes me wonder.

bolded by me.

I bet they aren't saying.

It is a strange coincidence that the two women have the same last name. For some reason I'm thinking that the last name "Le" in Vietnam, is as common as "Smith" is here. Still, the other similarity, that they were/are both nursing students--makes me wonder.
Yes, Le is a common name. There was also the case of Annie Le, a doctoral student in medical research at Yale who was killed by a co-worker a couple of years ago. That case has nothing to do with either of these.

The nursing connection could be significant, since Michelle and Phuong were in school only tens of miles from each other, but at the same time it's tough to get a feel for the probability of a coincidence, there are a lot of criminals in the Bay Area. A coincidence is possible.

WOW, the case just got more weird. Don't talk to reporters? They have video of the garage but aren't saying whats on it.

Holly Bobo was a nursing student as well....Annie Le was studying pharmacy and originally from N. Cali.

I don't see why should would be driving in that direction. The only thing I could think of is that she was going to Costco to gather supplies for her trip or to buy gas. Costco has cheaper gas. I wonder if she is a member. The other direction has all the food.

Map of area:
maponh.jpg

Here is the missing poster I found on my door. Looks like her friends were canvassing the area according to neighbors. I don't know if the police have been knocking on doors but I'm sure they have.

posterqk.jpg

WOW, the case just got more weird. Don't talk to reporters? They have video of the garage but aren't saying whats on it.

Holly Bobo was a nursing student as well....Annie Le was studying pharmacy and originally from N. Cali.

I don't see why should would be driving in that direction. The only thing I could think of is that she was going to Costco to gather supplies for her trip or to buy gas. Costco has cheaper gas. I wonder if she is a member. The other direction has all the food.

Map of area:
maponh.jpg

Here is the missing poster I found on my door. Looks like her friends were canvassing the area according to neighbors. I don't know if the police have been knocking on doors but I'm sure they have.

posterqk.jpg

bolded by me.

Possible, but would she have had time to do that on a break? It seems like you can run into some traffic in that area--would she have risked going out on an errand, and being late back to class?

I have a bad feeling about this. I hope I am wrong.

I just don't see her leaving the parking garage during a break. I think she would have said something about going on an errand versus getting something out of her car. Looking at the map, it doesn't seem like she would have taken the route to Ponderosa Ct. Why the silence? I pray she is okay.

I think LE knows way more than they are saying. It concerns me, whenever I hear LE are telling family not to talk, like they are already building a case, they do not want compromised. Why not have family hold a press conference giving information about Michelle and asking for help? I saw on the ABC video when they showed the cameras in the parking garage.....LE said they didn't get any information from them. I hope she will be found safe soon.

New story reports "her classmates said that she left some of the school gear behind" when she went to her car during break. Also says her laptop was in the car along with other valuables when it was found locked. She had planned to spend the weekend with a female friend in Reno. The surveillance video appears to show her car leaving the parking garage. The report says her brother, who lives in the area, is too upset to speak with media and that he doesn't want to compromise the investigation, and that the family is very distraught:

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/122836324.html

I just don't see her leaving the parking garage during a break. I think she would have said something about going on an errand versus getting something out of her car. Looking at the map, it doesn't seem like she would have taken the route to Ponderosa Ct. Why the silence? I pray she is okay.
I tend to agree but I also think of Mackenzie Cowell. She left her beauty school for what her fellow students thought was a coffee break and was seen on surveillance video leaving the parking lot. Her body was later found and eventually a fellow student was arrested for her murder. He had lured her to his nearby apartment to look at some furniture. He then drove her car to another location, parked it and locked it. Like Phuong's but in a different way, Mackenzie's case has some eerie similarities to Michelle's.

What type of class break was this? 15 mins? 30 mins? From the link above, it turns out her brother lives in the same city as where she went missing. So she should be a little familiar with the city.

Her laptop was in the car so robbery probably was not the motive. Robbers don't kill, they steal.

It was probably a stalker or classmate she might of had in the past. There was another young Asian girl who lived in the same area as Michelle who was stalked and killed.

http://articles.sfgate.com/2008-12-05/bay-area/17131320_1_cell-phone-halloween-party-gee

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pechi_eupa
Back