GUILTY CA - Michelle Hoang Thi Le, 26, Hayward, 27 May 2011

Here is a video of her brother giving an interview on my block. Towards the end, they asked if she had a roomate. She does but he goes on to say the police told him to keep silent on the fact.
http://www.ktvu.com/video/28077626/index.html

An earlier video states that the police gave them orders not to canvass the area where the car was found or even talk about the case too much. Really? They already have someone in mind? Roomate? Or do they not want Hayward, CA to be in the national spotlight?
http://www.ktvu.com/video/28076335/index.html

Very odd message they want to send out there...

Her friends on twitter
@bellalove174
Please refrain from sending the media ANY pictures/info on Michelle Le. Any questions about the situation refer to Hayward PD

I just heard on t.v. that Hayward police have been in contact with Solano County (?) LE regarding a possible connection between Phuong Le's death and Michelle's disappearance. I think they said Solano County; Phuong Le was from Suisun City which is in Solano County.

It was so sad watching Michelle's brother talking to reporters.

Here are the reasons I think Phuong and Michelle are connected:

1. Location: they were both taken within 15 miles of each other. Not a long distance at all.
2. Heritage: both are asian.
3. Nursing students/recent grads: both were involved in patient care, and worked in clinical settings.
4. Age: similar ages
5. Parking lot: both were taken from parking lots. While Michelle's car was taken and Phuong's was not, it's a location of abduction which is similar.

I said on Phuong's thread and I'll say it here: patients and medical staff, as well as teachers, need to be looked at.

While I was in school, it was often the case that we students would travel through dark streets and through a tunnel to get to the hospital from where we were allowed to park. Our day started at 6 am, or, if we worked afternoons, would end at 9:30 or 10 pm...both of which would leave us walking in the dark most of the time. This is a dangerous thing for a group of women, let alone a single woman walking.

And yes, we'd get in a lot of trouble if we were late; so we wouldn't be able to wait for our colleague if they were late...but we would try. I will say, that when I worked into the evening, our instructor refused to let anyone walk alone; if someone was behind on their work, we all stayed, helped, and left as a group.

I wish nursing schools would take time of day into consideration when scheduling young women in clinical settings in bad areas (and mine was the worst of the worst...). It's an area that a lot of schools - not just nursing schools - don't consider. I always hated walking through a darkened campus at night...whether at RN school or the college. Just bothered me a lot...always felt somewhat vulnerable, and I'm a black belt and well capable of handling a situation if it arose. Still got me goosey, you know?

Best-
Herding Cats

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2011...n-case-of-missing-california-nursing-student/
Investigators from Hayward will meet with Fairfield police today as they look into the similarities between Michelle Le’s disappearance and that of nursing student Phuong Le who disappeared from a Fairfield book store more than a year ago.

Phuong Le was from and found in an area 1 hour away about 55 miles. I wonder if the Hayward PD is grasping for straws.

Phuong's main suspect is the married man she was having an affair with. But then again, look at the Chandra Levy case and Gary Condit. He was guilty in the public opinion, but the only thing he was guilty of was being a <modsnip>.

Here are the reasons I think Phuong and Michelle are connected:

1. Location: they were both taken within 15 miles of each other. Not a long distance at all.
2. Heritage: both are asian.
3. Nursing students/recent grads: both were involved in patient care, and worked in clinical settings.
4. Age: similar ages
5. Parking lot: both were taken from parking lots. While Michelle's car was taken and Phuong's was not, it's a location of abduction which is similar.

I said on Phuong's thread and I'll say it here: patients and medical staff, as well as teachers, need to be looked at.

While I was in school, it was often the case that we students would travel through dark streets and through a tunnel to get to the hospital from where we were allowed to park. Our day started at 6 am, or, if we worked afternoons, would end at 9:30 or 10 pm...both of which would leave us walking in the dark most of the time. This is a dangerous thing for a group of women, let alone a single woman walking.

And yes, we'd get in a lot of trouble if we were late; so we wouldn't be able to wait for our colleague if they were late...but we would try. I will say, that when I worked into the evening, our instructor refused to let anyone walk alone; if someone was behind on their work, we all stayed, helped, and left as a group.

I wish nursing schools would take time of day into consideration when scheduling young women in clinical settings in bad areas (and mine was the worst of the worst...). It's an area that a lot of schools - not just nursing schools - don't consider. I always hated walking through a darkened campus at night...whether at RN school or the college. Just bothered me a lot...always felt somewhat vulnerable, and I'm a black belt and well capable of handling a situation if it arose. Still got me goosey, you know?

Best-
Herding Cats

bolded by me.

Herding Cats, as jedi said, they disappeared from areas that are 52-56 miles apart, depending on what route you take. Here's a map. http://www.mapquest.com/

There are some other similarities, for sure. I'm wondering if this might have more to do with someone Michelle was seeing or dating,or possibly a roommate that she might have taken without knowing much background on-- but who knows.

I wish they wouldn't put nursing students in so much jeopardy with late classes in dangerous areas. That sounds so scary!

Whoa - I just read that Michelle was from San Diego (she had lived with her brother at her Aunt's house in the Mira Mesa area)....

This article says she only took her keys and her cell phone when she left class....and a comment says that a tv news program said that her cell phone had been used several times *after* she went missing....

http://www.cbs8.com/story/14754094/local-nursing-student-missing-in-hayward

I can't believe they don't have decent video to see who was driving her car.

That article is confusing (the cbs8 one from San Diego); it says that she was running out to her car and also says that she was leaving to meet a friend to go to Reno. But I am gathering she meant to come back inside?

Whoa - I just read that Michelle was from San Diego (she had lived with her brother at her Aunt's house in the Mira Mesa area)....

This article says she only took her keys and her cell phone when she left class....and a comment says that a tv news program said that her cell phone had been used several times *after* she went missing....
http://www.cbs8.com/story/14754094/local-nursing-student-missing-in-hayward

BBM

I believe they traced her cell phone by signals, not that her phone was used to make calls. Unless this is new information.

"Initially, authorities could trace her cell phone signal to Oakland, Union City and Fremont..."

http://sanfrancisco.ibtimes.com/articles/154549/20110530/nursing-student-michelle-hoang-thi-le-missing-for-over-48-hours-search-intensifies.htm

489658.jpg

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700140417/Police-intensify-search-for-Calif-nursing-student.html?s_cid=rss-34

I hope Michelle is found safe.....I felt so sorry for her brother, watching him on the video. 23 years old and having to be the face of the family for his missing sister (a surrogate mother since their mother died quite young).

A couple of quotes from new articles:

"She didn't take all her stuff with her, and the indication is that she had the intention of returning," Lt. Roger Keener said. "But she did grab her cellphone. Maybe she got a call saying she needed to be somewhere right away. Maybe she received some bad news and was distraught. We don't know."
Keener said investigators are getting Le's phone records and intensely scrutinizing video captured by cameras in the Kaiser parking structure, where her car is believed to have been parked.

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_18175037?nclick_check=1

Above article also says her car is being scrutinized and that it could take a couple of days to thoroughly go over the car.

Also:

Her determination to achieve that dream is one reason her aunt does not believe she left willingly. She also points to Michelle's trusting nature.
"She doesn't think anybody's bad in this world. She doesn't believe there's evil in the world," said Thuy Le.

http://www.10news.com/news/28088611/detail.html

There is the possibility that this involves her being lured or tricked somehow.

So according to the reports, she did park in the parking garage at the hospital. Sounds like she was accosted in the garage and either forced to drive to Ponderosa Court, or the car was driven there by her assailant(s). Why don't the cameras show anything? Did she park out of view of the cameras or were they not working properly? It seems they would see her car leaving the garage at some point on one of the cameras.

The perp could have been hidden down so the cameras didn't pick him/her up. Boy, this feels so much like Phuong Le and NO that perp has not been found. But his dumping ground was in Vallejo/Napa area. I sure hope LE is doing searches in the area.

The perp could have been hidden down so the cameras didn't pick him/her up. Boy, this feels so much like Phuong Le and NO that perp has not been found. But his dumping groud was in Vallejo/Napa area. I sure hope LE is doing searches in the area.

Good point. Another thing is that Phuong's body was found not very far off a relatively main road and not concealed. If, god forbid, Michelle's body is found not near the same place but in a similar location, that's another scenario which could point to the same perp.

Good point. Another thing is that Phuong's body was found not very far off a relatively main road and not concealed. If, god forbid, Michelle's body is found not near the same place but in a similar location, that's another scenario which could point to the same perp.

Right, its been over 48 hours maybe LE should work the back way in. Michelle didn't just walk away.

Thanks for the correction, Columbo, I didn't get it right.

I will say, though, that in California, 50-60 miles is not really a great distance. People travel more than that on their commute in to work, you know? 50 miles is not far to go at all - I went to a class today that was 30 miles away, and never even thought about it.

Sorry for the misinformation...and glad you caught and corrected it!

Best-
Herding Cats

Thanks for the correction, Columbo, I didn't get it right.

I will say, though, that in California, 50-60 miles is not really a great distance. People travel more than that on their commute in to work, you know? 50 miles is not far to go at all - I went to a class today that was 30 miles away, and never even thought about it.

Sorry for the misinformation...and glad you caught and corrected it!

Best-
Herding Cats

No problem, Herding Cats!

And you are right, that 55 miles or so is NOT a really big deal. Especially in the Bay Area here, people commute phenomenal distances to go to work, etc. Criminals, too, can travel distances--they don't always just operate in a limited area.

Take care and once again, no problem!
Columbo

Take care,
Columbo

A couple of quotes from new articles:

"She didn't take all her stuff with her, and the indication is that she had the intention of returning," Lt. Roger Keener said. "But she did grab her cellphone. Maybe she got a call saying she needed to be somewhere right away. Maybe she received some bad news and was distraught. We don't know."
Keener said investigators are getting Le's phone records and intensely scrutinizing video captured by cameras in the Kaiser parking structure, where her car is believed to have been parked.

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_18175037?nclick_check=1

Above article also says her car is being scrutinized and that it could take a couple of days to thoroughly go over the car.

Also:

Her determination to achieve that dream is one reason her aunt does not believe she left willingly. She also points to Michelle's trusting nature.
"She doesn't think anybody's bad in this world. She doesn't believe there's evil in the world," said Thuy Le.

There is the possibility that this involves her being lured or tricked somehow.

bolded by me.

This occurred to me, too. She's trusting AND studying to be a nurse, so she's undoubtedly compassionate and kind. Easy for a predator to trick. I hope that isn't what happened to her.

From the link 10news link....

"10News learned a 26-year-old woman was arrested and later released in connection with Michelle Le's disappearance. Hayward police searched the East Bay home and car of the woman, who was a former classmate of Michelle's at Mt. Carmel High School. Police took a computer and a cell phone. They said the two women recently had a falling out but that she is not a suspect at this time. "

Now that's an interesting development...

From the link 10news link....

"10News learned a 26-year-old woman was arrested and later released in connection with Michelle Le's disappearance. Hayward police searched the East Bay home and car of the woman, who was a former classmate of Michelle's at Mt. Carmel High School. Police took a computer and a cell phone. They said the two women recently had a falling out but that she is not a suspect at this time. "

Now that's an interesting development...
Wow this is an interesting development. Another woman possibly responsible.

I was just coming on to post this. Wow! I didn't expect this!

Another news source has some interesting info.

A woman who was once friends with a missing California nursing student has been declared a "person of interest" in the case and been questioned by detectives, police said.

"We ultimately released her and she remains, as do a couple of others, as a person of interest," said Lt. Roger Keener of the Hayward Police Department.

Also re: the Phoung Le case:

He acknowledged that are a number ofsimilar elements in the two disappearances. Both women drove white Hondas, they had the same last name, similar physical appearance, and both were nursing students.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/female-person-interest-missing-nursing-student-case/story?id=13732772

It also says she has made no calls "since early Saturday".

This latest certainly does not bode well for Michelle...how horrifying...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linnymac68$
Back