GUILTY CA - Omar Medina, 28, found deceased in barrel floating in Chula Vista Marina, Oct 2017

I would not want to have that job .... gruesome.
I dont know how people can do it. God bless those who do because it seems awful. You have to be a strong person to deal with it. I feel like i would develop ptsd if i tried to do that job.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120AZ using Tapatalk

15475529_G.jpg

http://www.thecwsandiego.com/story/36908238/body-found-in-drum-floating-in-san-diego-bay-identified
Whaat a horrible way to go, oh my goodness

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120AZ using Tapatalk

[h=1]Man Found Dead in Barrel Identified by Fingerprints, Tattoo: ME[/h]
According to an autopsy report released Monday, Medina was identified in late November in part by fingerprints and the tattoo of a five-pointed star on his left ankle.

When police pulled the barrel to the shore and opened it, they spotted a hand and a brown fuzzy blanket, according to the autopsy report.
The body inside was so badly decomposed that the San Diego County Medical Examiner's Office said the remains could take a while to identify.

The medical examiner's report documented stab wounds to Medina’s nose, mouth, jaw, scalp and neck as well as his wrists, hands and fingers.
There were 15 stab wounds to the left chest and 21 stab wounds to the back, according to the report. Investigators said it was difficult to determine the paths of the wounds because there were so many of them so they described them as a cluster.

Toxicology test results show alcohol, amphetamines and cannabinoids in the victim’s system. However, the alcohol may have been generated after Medina's death.

Derrick Spurgeon, 38, and Timothy Cook, 52, were arrested for their alleged involvement in the death of Medina.
Spurgeon faces a charge of accessory to murder. Cook was charged with one count of murder Friday and faces 87 years to life in behind bars if convicted.

https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/lo...ta-San-Diego-Stabbing-Homicide-468335403.html

It’s there. Here’s the link and if that doesn’t work the criminal case number is CS297724.

View Case Detail

I did a criminal search for years 2017-2018 for Timothy Cook under party name search.

Court Index

But when I do the Court Index search his name doesn't come up. And also nothing about "when" their next court date is. Is there another link that would show that? I know his middle name is John. And thanks for Case #.

edited to add: never mind - I see what I did. I am assuming you have to go down in person to "see" these files? As it says "File Location" & gives an address.

But when I do the Court Index search his name doesn't come up. And also nothing about "when" their next court date is. Is there another link that would show that? I know his middle name is John. And thanks for Case #.

edited to add: never mind - I see what I did. I am assuming you have to go down in person to "see" these files? As it says "File Location" & gives an address.
Unfortunately that seems to be the case. They don’t have the records or docket online. The link below gives information on how to obtain a copy or copies of the court record. It seems that only civil and probate cases have online records.

Accessing Court Records

Edited to add that I found the daily criminal docket for each branch of the San Diego Superior Court. It has a current day, previous day and next day view only.

Criminal Calendar

Last edited:
Thanks Suglo! Guess I'll have to remember to look at that link.... I think I'm following too many cases! LOL! :)

Thanks Suglo! Guess I'll have to remember to look at that link.... I think I'm following too many cases! LOL! :)
I’ll look also when I remember and let you know. I’m amazed at how many cases you actively follow and update us on! That’s a lot of work for one person :)

I’ll look also when I remember and let you know. I’m amazed at how many cases you actively follow and update us on! That’s a lot of work for one person :)

It gives me something to do since I'm retired! :D I've been interested in criminal cases since I saw Perry Mason oh so many years ago! And thanks for keeping an eye out for a court date. I looked at 7/6 - nothing...

It gives me something to do since I'm retired! :D I've been interested in criminal cases since I saw Perry Mason oh so many years ago! And thanks for keeping an eye out for a court date. I looked at 7/6 - nothing...
We all benefit from your interests and retirement! I can’t count how many cases you’ve updated me on. Thank you so much :D

Looks like they were in court yesterday (7/24)

Court for Suspects in Slaying of Man Found in Barrel

A judge heard evidence Tuesday against the two men accused of killing a man whose decomposed body, riddled with stab wounds, was found in a barrel floating in Chula Vista’s marina last October.
Timothy John Cook, 52, and Derrick Jefferson Spurgeon, 38, were in court for a preliminary hearing in connection with the death of 28-year-old Omar Medina, whose body was found Oct. 12 stuffed in a 55-gallon drum floating in the San Diego Bay off the Chula Vista marina.

Strange, I just looked up the calendar for yesterday and they do not show up in the criminal calendar?! So I wouldn't have know anyway....

And of course, the article doesn't give the next court date! Gaah!! :)

“The preliminary hearing is continued until Wednesday morning when forensic experts will take the stand.”

Investigators testify against men accused of killing South Bay music producer

“The hearing was expected to last two days. Then Judge Stephanie Sontag will decide whether enough evidence against the defendants was presented to order them held for trial.”

Hearing opens on body found in floating barrel

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oceandreamer753