CA CA - Phuong Le, 24, Fairfield, 25 April 2010 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

How could she have walked away? With no car, no ID's, no money... must really mean 'literally'...on foot. Can they possibly believe what they are saying?

As we have seen in the case of the OH woman it can happen if she had a relationship that no one knew about and she ran off with that person but I really think if that was the case LE would know more.

As we have seen in the case of the OH woman it can happen if she had a relationship that no one knew about and she ran off with that person but I really think if that was the case LE would know more.

I think it's more that the police aren't going to definitively state she didn't leave on her own, no matter how slim the chances may be, simply because there is so little evidence (apparently) of what actually happened to her. They have stated enough times already they believe it to be suspicious and that she's in danger, so I really don't think they believe she ran away. They just can't absolutely rule that out as yet.

unfortunately the 'love interest' is still here and she is poof... gone.

I don't think they believe she left on her own, they are certainly investigating as though they suspect foul play as far as I can tell. And if she had been suicidal...where is her body? They would have found her, how far could she have gone? So that is not likely, in my opinion. I am wondering if perhaps the BF's alibi is holding up to scrutiny since no arrest or change in status?

I am wondering if perhaps the BF's alibi is holding up to scrutiny since no arrest or change in status?
Maybe but look at all the people police know committed murders but are still not charged. The fact that incredibly suspicious guys like Josh Powell or Drew Peterson still haven't been charged in the disappearances of Susan Powell or Stacy Peterson shows how tough it is to bring charges in cases like this (if it's true Nguyen is still a strong POI).

I don't think they believe she left on her own, they are certainly investigating as though they suspect foul play as far as I can tell. And if she had been suicidal...where is her body? They would have found her, how far could she have gone? So that is not likely, in my opinion. I am wondering if perhaps the BF's alibi is holding up to scrutiny since no arrest or change in status?
BBM

It could also be there is no evidence of a crime, even though it is highly unlikely, imo, she went off on her own. :(

I believe the poster you quoted was referring to B&N to the Gym. The poster had asked about the distance between them earlier, and asked if someone could post a map. The map link the poster quoted is B&N to the Gym. According to that map, it's a 2 minute walk from B&N to the Gym.

Sorry, there were 2 discussions going on. I was referring to this post that was referring to the trails in TN's neighborhood:
jmhoo but that "call" could have been a 'meet me here at such and such a time'..

considering the walking trailsthat danisia just posted what if she left her stuff in the trunk and WALKED OVER THERE????

I guess what I meant about his alibi...if it is solid and they can't break it...I don't see how he is involved. Maybe he was able to place himself at home via computer, phone, cameras, or whatever...he seemed adamant about it, that's for sure. If he is telling the truth, it looks just as bad for Phoung as they (LE) do not seem to have any other direction in which to look.

I just can't understand why -- in such a heavily populated commercial area -- NO surveillance videos have surfaced from surrounding businesses. I'd check each and every single business in the area. ???

Huong Le keps referring to TN as a good friend and seems to have total trust in him. Yet, the media is implying that this man was committing adultery with Phuong and was hiding the relationship from the family.

I am also curious to hear their sister's version of that argument. I thought she would have spoken to the media to send a message to Phuong to come home if she is out there upset about the argument. I would feel so guilty if me and my sis argued then she disappeared.

Maybe but look at all the people police know committed murders but are still not charged. The fact that incredibly suspicious guys like Josh Powell or Drew Peterson still haven't been charged in the disappearances of Susan Powell or Stacy Peterson shows how tough it is to bring charges in cases like this (if it's true Nguyen is still a strong POI).

Nguyen hasn't been officially named a POI by LE. I was wondering if they would but the search warrants and questioning were on Friday I think and this is Tuesday and he's still not named. I'm not sure if they're going to now.

I am personally bidding my time on forensics and computer analysis.

not sure what forensics will tell them that would place him w/her at a specific time...he could have been in her car at any time, I guess, and also could have been having an e-mail relationship of some kind with her...I guess they could possibly find a motive but they would need more than to charge him I believe. They already know/assume he was having an affair with her...so unless he threatened her in some way via computer...not sure what could be found.

I still don't understand why she was so upset on that day unless all the various stressors in her life just piled up on that day all at once and the flyers incident just topped it off.

I still don't understand why she was so upset on that day unless all the various stressors in her life just piled up on that day all at once and the flyers incident just topped it off.

Being a Sunday afternoon, maybe she'd planned on meeting him for some time together that day, and was upset because she had to do the flyer thing and it spoiled her plans?

i thought she had called him after she did the flyers?
maybe she did miss her time with him, i guess we might never know...maybe he could only get away during the day...i would imagine it would be harder for him to get away on a sunday evening when his store was not open...

i thought she had called him after she did the flyers?
maybe she did miss her time with him, i guess we might never know...maybe he could only get away during the day...i would imagine it would be harder for him to get away on a sunday evening when his store was not open...

Yep. And maybe she was even more upset he couldn't -- or "wouldn't" -- get away.

If she was upset and "needed" him, and he couldn't/wouldn't meet with her...I could see her waxing a bit desperate. Crying in the parking lot or bookstore, maybe? Crying in her car? Gone off for a walk to cool off?

There have been lots of times when I was sad/angry/crying and my impulse was to walk off (not to anyplace in particular) and just be mad.

Possible.

Suisun City woman's disappearance is a mystery
Henry K. Lee, Chronicle Staff Writer
Wednesday, May 5, 2010

ba-Missing29_0501565862.jpg

More than a week after a 25-year-old Suisun City woman disappeared, authorities said Tuesday that they are no closer to determining where she is or whether she was the victim of a crime.

Phuong Le left her home about 4 p.m. April 25 and was last seen four hours later at the coffee shop in the Barnes & Noble bookstore at 1600 Gateway Blvd. in Fairfield, police said.

Her brother, Huong Le, 28, found her 1997 Honda Accord in the store's parking lot early the next day. Her cell phone and backpack were in the trunk, and all four doors were open.

More at link...
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/05/05/BAOJ1D98VQ.DTL

not sure what forensics will tell them that would place him w/her at a specific time...he could have been in her car at any time, I guess, and also could have been having an e-mail relationship of some kind with her...I guess they could possibly find a motive but they would need more than to charge him I believe. They already know/assume he was having an affair with her...so unless he threatened her in some way via computer...not sure what could be found.

You know what struck me? That the argument w/the sister happened *after* handing out the flyers. It seems one would get upset beforehand, when asked to spend the hours handing them out. Unless it was that the sister wanted her to spend more time after having already spent 3 hours handing them out.

Family of missing Suisun woman reacts to reported affair with boss
Last updated 11 hrs ago

snip

the family was surprised to learn she may have been romantically involved with her former boss and family friend.

Fairfield police spokesman Lt. Darrin Moody said the relationship between Le, 25, and the married owner of the Postal Express store where she once worked went beyond a typical employer-employee association, but Moody stopped short of calling it "romantic."

Family members, however, said police have been more direct with them. "That looks really strange to us because he's been a really good friend to our family," said Dinh Le, 31, one of Phuong's four brothers. "We didn't know they had a relationship like that. We didn't know at all."

snip

Despite his cooperation, police served search warrants at Nguyen's home and business seeking e-mail and text messages he exchanged with Phuong Le.

The search warrants had not been returned to the Solano County Courthouse as of Tuesday, and were therefore unavailable for public inspection.

Speaking briefly at his Postal Express store, Nguyen said he wanted to focus his attention on helping his customers and would not comment on the case.

http://www.news10.net/news/story.aspx?storyid=80793&catid=2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member