CA CA - Phuong Le, 24, Fairfield, 25 April 2010 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nguyen hasn't been officially named a POI by LE. I was wondering if they would but the search warrants and questioning were on Friday I think and this is Tuesday and he's still not named. I'm not sure if they're going to now.

Well, even if it turns out he's not involved in any way beyond speaking to her on the phone that night, his reputation is shot and his relationship with his wife will probably never recover either.

Fairfield police spokesman Lt. Darrin Moody said the relationship between Le, 25, and the married owner of the Postal Express store where she once worked went beyond a typical employer-employee association, but Moody stopped short of calling it "romantic."

So we've gone from 'impregnated' to 'romantic' to 'beyond a typical employer-employee association'.

A close friendship could be considered 'beyond a typical employer-employee association'.

Good grief... I hope they know what they're doing here.

Poor Phoung...I hope this story does not fade away for lack of new leads...if her ex-boss/friend/lover whatever the police are calling him today had nothing to do with her disappearance, it seems they do not have a clue. I am disappointed in the way they have made statements about their relationship when it does not seem at all clear, although I assume they have more evidence than we know about. I felt certain he would be named as POI by Monday and when he was not, it made me wonder if they put all of their eggs into one basket, so to speak. And created more distance for the real perp...

I hope there is more news soon...it is still not too late for her to have gone away, I supposed, if she had some cash stashed away, but so unlikely, to me.

Suisun City woman's disappearance is a mystery
Henry K. Lee, Chronicle Staff Writer
Wednesday, May 5, 2010

More than a week after a 25-year-old Suisun City woman disappeared, authorities said Tuesday that they are no closer to determining where she is or whether she was the victim of a crime.

Phuong Le left her home about 4 p.m. April 25 and was last seen four hours later at the coffee shop in the Barnes & Noble bookstore at 1600 Gateway Blvd. in Fairfield, police said.

Her brother, Huong Le, 28, found her 1997 Honda Accord in the store's parking lot early the next day. Her cell phone and backpack were in the trunk, and all four doors were open.

More at link...
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/05/05/BAOJ1D98VQ.DTL

BBM: I didn't know 'all four doors' were open?

Family of missing Suisun woman reacts to reported affair with boss
Last updated 11 hrs ago

snip

the family was surprised to learn she may have been romantically involved with her former boss and family friend.

Fairfield police spokesman Lt. Darrin Moody said the relationship between Le, 25, and the married owner of the Postal Express store where she once worked went beyond a typical employer-employee association, but Moody stopped short of calling it "romantic."

Family members, however, said police have been more direct with them. "That looks really strange to us because he's been a really good friend to our family," said Dinh Le, 31, one of Phuong's four brothers. "We didn't know they had a relationship like that. We didn't know at all."

snip

Despite his cooperation, police served search warrants at Nguyen's home and business seeking e-mail and text messages he exchanged with Phuong Le.

The search warrants had not been returned to the Solano County Courthouse as of Tuesday, and were therefore unavailable for public inspection.

Speaking briefly at his Postal Express store, Nguyen said he wanted to focus his attention on helping his customers and would not comment on the case.

http://www.news10.net/news/story.aspx?storyid=80793&catid=2

BBM:

1. Would the emails and text messages be available to us? I'm not very experienced at this stuff the way most of you are here. Just wondering ...

2. I find it interesting, that he's concerned about his 'customers' and not Phuong.

BBM: I didn't know 'all four doors' were open?

I assume they mean 'unlocked' not standing wide open but still, I don't think I knew that either...just that the back windows were partially down. It's hard to know in this case what is really what since the reporting hasn't been consistant at all.

BBM:

1. Would the emails and text messages be available to us? I'm not very experienced at this stuff the way most of you are here. Just wondering ...

2. I find it interesting, that he's concerned about his 'customers' and not Phuong.

I picked up on that too! Why aren't you concerned for your close friend? Instead your concerned with your customers at Postal Express? That is an odd statement to make.

I assume they mean 'unlocked' not standing wide open but still, I don't think I knew that either...just that the back windows were partially down. It's hard to know in this case what is really what since the reporting hasn't been consistant at all.

Thanks mommy .. yeah, I figured they meant unlocked, but I thought only one or two doors were, not all four.

But you're also right in that ... the reporting has been all over the place.

Speaking briefly at his Postal Express store, Nguyen said he wanted to focus his attention on helping his customers and would not comment on the case.

http://www.news10.net/news/story.asp...=80793&catid=2

I find it interesting, that he's concerned about his 'customers' and not Phuong.

Hopefully since he was at work that was just a response to the media bugging him for a comment ("excuse me, I don't have time to talk, I have customers here to take care of"...that type thing). If he truly cares for Phuong (and didn't have anything to do with all this) I'm sure he is worried about her too.

I thought only one or two doors were, not all four.

Me too April! I wonder if her '97 Honda is one of those cars w/ electronic locks....like if you unlock one (with a push button thingy) they ALL unlock...and then you lock with a button once you're in, and they all lock. I am not sure how those exactly work since mine doesn't have electronic, it locks the old fashioned way (push down knob - close door). If she had come out of B&N, dumped all her stuff into the trunk (perhaps in anticipation of going to the gym) and was holding just her keys, and had gotten as far as unlocking with a click of a button at the point she was abducted, that would explain all four doors being unlocked...IF the electronic button does open all four doors like I was wondering.

Hopefully since he was at work that was just a response to the media bugging him for a comment ("excuse me, I don't have time to talk, I have customers here to take care of"...that type thing). If he truly cares for Phuong (and didn't have anything to do with all this) I'm sure he is worried about her too.

It seems like a perfectly normal and acceptable thing to say if a reporter is barging into a place of business and ignoring the fact that there are members of the public there trying to do their own jobs and personal errands.

jmoo

It seems like a perfectly normal and acceptable thing to say if a reporter is barging into a place of business and ignoring the fact that there are members of the public there trying to do their own jobs and personal errands.

jmoo

ITA... and barging into his business is an unacceptable thing to do... This man still needs to make his business work, and coming in there and harassing him while he has customers is totally unacceptable. It seems like the media is sensationalizing the whole thing. I understand that the public wants answers, but there is a right way and a wrong way to do things, and sometimes journalists go too far with this sort of thing...

:cow:

I picked up on that too! Why aren't you concerned for your close friend? Instead your concerned with your customers at Postal Express? That is an odd statement to make.

He's probably (hopefully) consulted with an attorney who's told him to shut up. Looking at it from a defense point of view, he's said too much to the media already.

ITA... and barging into his business is an unacceptable thing to do... This man still needs to make his business work, and coming in there and harassing him while he has customers is totally unacceptable. It seems like the media is sensationalizing the whole thing. I understand that the public wants answers, but there is a right way and a wrong way to do things, and sometimes journalists go too far with this sort of thing...

:cow:

In his earlier interview where there's a video of him he certainly seems perfectly happy to have the media in his store.

I missed where the media barged into his business and harrassed him while he had customers. Do you have a link for that?

In his earlier interview where there's a video of him he certainly seems perfectly happy to have the media in his store.

I missed where the media barged into his business and harrassed him while he had customers. Do you have a link for that?

I would suspect since the 'impregnated/romantic/whatever the heck it is' comments from police, not only has there been an increase in media presence at his business but their questions are no doubt more personal and pointed.

Yep.. the link you posted earlier.

Speaking briefly at his Postal Express store, Nguyen said he wanted to focus his attention on helping his customers and would not comment on the case

Family of missing Suisun woman reacts to reported affair with boss

I'm sorry that your interpretation and my interpretation of the article may be different, however, I stand by my point made in my original post regarding the media being at his business. The man still has to make a living, and is not named a POI. While his extra-marital activities with Phuong may make him a suspicious character, it does not give the media the right to bother him at his place of business.

Such a display of naive thinking! Since when are friends of the family such great people there is no room for affairs? We know friends of a family and family members can be pedophiles raping their nieces, nephews, siblings, neighbors!! Seems her family is very careful not to think the worst about people. Perhaps a cultural thing? MOO

Guilty or innocent, it is very smart of him to stay out of the media attention. moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member