CA - Rebecca Nalepa - suicide or murder? #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just saw Judge Jeanine (sp.?) on Fox and she doesn't buy the suicide either. At least I am in what I consider to be good company.

MOO

I just saw Judge Jeanine (sp.?) on Fox and she doesn't buy the suicide either. At least I am in what I consider to be good company.

MOO

Good morning.

I think those who are convinced this was a murder aren't going to have their minds changed by the PC.

I do understand perfectly why Rebecca's family doesn't want to believe she took her own life. That is very understandable to me.

While I do believe she did take her own life... I certainly respect everyone else's opinions that believes otherwise.

I think what causes suspicion is not so much that she committed suicide but the way she chose to do it.

I sure would like to know more about the 'issues' she was to have said she was having with JSs children.

IMO

I wonder if the San Diego Sheriff's Department is holding this briefing to convince the media and the public that it was suicide or to convince themselves??

More PR, because no one believes she committed suicide, so the briefing is a way to get the media and the public to drink the Kool-aid.

I will never be convinced she killed herself, if Maxie and his sister/brother (?) were planking it was an ACCIDENT, it was NOT RN's fault and she knew that, who didn't accept that was someone else.

I shower and leave my 1 yr old with my 15 yr old all the time. God forbid, but accidents happen. I found out my 15 was planking by stalking his FB the other day. I didn't even know he had ever heard of it. 50 pictures of him and his friends planking at the beach, I went nuts on him and told him how dangerous it was. He was planking laying on things that were flat, but still, I told him he cannot do it anymore, even laying down.

RIP Rebecca, so much for coming to America for a better life.

Problem with this case, in my opinion, is that the only 2 options (suicide or murder) are both so outlandish and unlikely. To me, the murder scenario is harder to buy. If it was a week or so later than Max's accident/death, I'd be able to consider it. But, I just don't find it plausible that either parent left their dying child's bedside to do it. And I think they would be consumed by grief and despair at that time too to be angry about lack of supervision (if that was the case). Blaming another person would come later. Just my thoughts.

And if it's true RZ was in the shower at the time, how could it possibly be her fault. A 6 year old doesn't need 24 hr supervision (hovering over him). If they did, no parent in the world would be able to take a shower! Or sleep. I really can't imagine JS would think she was responsible.

IF RN was in the shower when this happened, then I don't see anything she could have done to prevent this accident. That means that MS was with 1-2 teenagers @GS and maybe her brother or RN sister. ...............I just don't see why RN would committ suicide if she was taking a shower when it happened.

I agree it wouldn't have been her fault, BUT can totally see her placing blame on herself (if only I would have been there, etc.). Especially so quickly after the accident and not being able to have a lot of time to process what happened.

I agree it wouldn't have been her fault, BUT can totally see her placing blame on herself (if only I would have been there, etc.). Especially so quickly after the accident and not being able to have a lot of time to process what happened.

I am also beginning to believe Rebecca may have already been under a lot of stress dealing with the children.

IMO

I am also beginning to believe Rebecca may have already been under a lot of stress dealing with the children.

IMO

Yes, especially teenagers. She wasn't their mother (or their step mother for that matter), but was obviously in charge of them quite a bit while JS worked. I could totally see conflict and issues in this scenario.

Problem with this case, in my opinion, is that the only 2 options (suicide or murder) are both so outlandish and unlikely. To me, the murder scenario is harder to buy. If it was a week or so later than Max's accident/death, I'd be able to consider it. But, I just don't find it plausible that either parent left their dying child's bedside to do it. And I think they would be consumed by grief and despair at that time too to be angry about lack of supervision (if that was the case). Blaming another person would come later. Just my thoughts.

And if it's true RZ was in the shower at the time, how could it possibly be her fault. A 6 year old doesn't need 24 hr supervision (hovering over him). If they did, no parent in the world would be able to take a shower! Or sleep. I really can't imagine JS would think she was responsible.

If Rebecca was taking Jonah's changing of clothes to him then he never left the hospital during this time.

I really have to agree with you. I think Maxie's parents were so caught up in their own pain that they werent even thinking about Rebecca at the time and I have never seen a motive for Adam to be involved in Rebecca's death.

She may have felt left out and that also could lead to more depression.

While I have no source for this because I simply cannot remember where I read it; it had been stated that JS had left the hospital for an hour or so that evening before Rebecca was found the next morning. IIRC, and MOO

Just saying.

Yes, especially teenagers. She wasn't their mother (or their step mother for that matter), but was obviously in charge of them quite a bit while JS worked. I could totally see conflict and issues in this scenario.

She might have had conflict and issues with the teenagers but how does that prove she killed herself?

Now that SDSD position is made public here is what I mean about the choice of words. The word usage defines the mindset and the mindset defines the position.

If the quote is accurate concerning "Ironclad" this case and the investigation is questionable.

Definition:

ironclad
adj [ˌaɪənˈklæd]
1. covered or protected with iron an ironclad warship
2. inflexible; rigid an ironclad rule
3. not able to be assailed or contradicted an ironclad argument
n [ˈaɪənˌklæd]
(Historical Terms) a large wooden 19th-century warship with armoured plating

Their usage of ironclad is indicative of someone trying to protect their position more so then presenting the facts. Whom ever leaked and quoted show LE position and their disposition.

The true nature of the response would have been "the findings" not "it is ironclad". One can see the LE is trying to defend their position.

The only logical explanation is they screwed up the investigation and did not have any evidence tying 1 or 2 of 3 to the case.

As I said before.

To serve justice or serve yourself, it appears that someone chose the latter.

Inobu

Citizens of San Diego you have a problem.

The only victim is Rebecca Zahau! Max death was a tragic accident and the others are ................"witnesses".

If Rebecca was taking Jonah's changing of clothes to him then he never left the hospital during this time.

I really have to agree with you. I think Maxie's parents were so caught up in their own pain that they werent even thinking about Rebecca at the time and I have never seen a motive for Adam to be involved in Rebecca's death.

She may have felt left out and that also could lead to more depression.

But was she in fact so self-absorbed that she became willing to leave this world in such abrupt fashion , with the obvious incidental side effect/(intention?) of leaving a spectacular death scene and throwing a family already in pain into even more high profile disarray and under a cloud of menacing innuendo? (Not to mention the infliction of pain and even shame on her own family to whom it sounds as if she was quite close). This would be an act of rage and spite, alongside the depression and feelings of guilt, spiralling to a fatal level a mere hours after a reassuring phone call with her sister. Is there any supportable notion that this was the kind of person Rebecca was? It seems her family AND her ex certainly don't think so. It appears this will have to be explained away somehow by LE; even if just rehashing the well-worn psychological rationale that a suicide is by its nature a pain-induced implosion of an irrational urge to cease existing without any care to others who might be affected, with only the goal of non-existing being relevant at the moment.

She might have had conflict and issues with the teenagers but how does that prove she killed herself?

Imo, it could show she was already under a lot of stress concerning the children. Then the worst possible thing that could happen........ happened..........now Maxie is dead and she was the only adult there. Imo that would exacerbate her anxiety and feelings of hopelessness.

Imo, it could show she was already under a lot of stress concerning the children. Then the worst possible thing that could happen........ happened..........now Maxie is dead and she was the only adult there. Imo that would exacerbate her anxiety and feelings of hopelessness.

I was babysitting my sibling when I was a teenager without adults being there. I don't understand why she would be the one to blame for Max's accident especially if she was in the shower and two of his siblings were in the home (according to family's lawyer).

Now that SDSD position is made public here is what I mean about the choice of words. The word usage defines the mindset and the mindset defines the position.

If the quote is accurate concerning "Ironclad" this case and the investigation is questionable.

Definition:

ironclad
adj [ˌaɪənˈklæd]
1. covered or protected with iron an ironclad warship
2. inflexible; rigid an ironclad rule
3. not able to be assailed or contradicted an ironclad argument
n [ˈaɪənˌklæd]
(Historical Terms) a large wooden 19th-century warship with armoured plating

Their usage of ironclad is indicative of someone trying to protect their position more so then presenting the facts. Whom ever leaked and quoted show LE position and their disposition.

The true nature of the response would have been "the findings" not "it is ironclad". One can see the LE is trying to defend their position.

The only logical explanation is they screwed up the investigation and did not have any evidence tying 1 or 2 of 3 to the case.

As I said before.

To serve justice or serve yourself, it appears that someone chose the latter.

Inobu

Citizens of San Diego you have a problem.

Too bad it appears there isn't a single reporter who was curious to get beyond the media blackout and investigate what may have been going on behind the scenes with the well-lawyered-up and P.R.'ed up Team Shacknai, and the LE authorities. What pressure was being brought to bear with lawsuits and/or other threats and/or enticements (civil lawsuits, promises of embarrassments if the PR firm was to go on the offensive, in the event of LE continuing on with a wrongful death investigation.) Almost certainly, LE has been under pressure from the highly repped Shacknai side, compared with the distant and much less able Zahau family.

There's a great "untold story" here to be ferreted out by a good journalist, if there exists one any more in Southern California.

I was babysitting my sibling when I was a teenager without adults being there. I don't understand why she would be the one to blame for Max's accident especially if she was in the shower and two of his siblings were in the home (according to family's lawyer).

This is totally new info, isn't it, that another sibling was present for all of this? Wonder if they were ever interviewed, being presumably ensconced in far away South Carolina when the so-called (poo) hit the fan.

But was she in fact so self-absorbed that she became willing to leave this world in such abrupt fashion , with the obvious incidental side effect/(intention?) of leaving a spectacular death scene and throwing a family already in pain into even more high profile disarray and under a cloud of menacing innuendo? (Not to mention the infliction of pain and even shame on her own family to whom it sounds as if she was quite close). This would be an act of rage and spite, alongside the depression and feelings of guilt, spiraling to a fatal level a mere hours after a reassuring phone call with her sister. Is there any supportable notion that this was the kind of person Rebecca was? It seems her family AND her ex certainly don't think so. It appears this will have to be explained away somehow by LE; even if just rehashing the well-worn psychological rationale that a suicide is by its nature a pain-induced implosion of an irrational urge to cease existing without any care to others who might be affected, with only the goal of non-existing being relevant at the moment.

I don't think Rebecca thought of others. If suicide victims did then they would realize the pain of their loved ones would be devastating for the rest of their lives. So imo, they are honed in on their own pain only which they feel they just cant endure.

I think it is quite 'normal' for family members and loved ones to deny their loved one would never do something like this but sadly over 30,000 people a year do commit suicide and I have no doubt a lot of those other families never thought it would happen either.

The problem is no one really knows what goes on in the mind of someone who is contemplating suicide. Often the families do not know. The suicidal person does not want to alert anyone who may stop what they are determined to carry out.

I think Rebecca already felt the stress when she had text about issues she was having with the children. If the children made her feel like an outsider then the death of Max would just drive her into further depression and despair, imo.

IMO

More PR, because no one believes she committed suicide, so the briefing is a way to get the media and the public to drink the Kool-aid.

I will never be convinced she killed herself, if Maxie and his sister/brother (?) were planking it was an ACCIDENT, it was NOT RN's fault and she knew that, who didn't accept that was someone else.

I shower and leave my 1 yr old with my 15 yr old all the time. God forbid, but accidents happen. I found out my 15 was planking by stalking his FB the other day. I didn't even know he had ever heard of it. 50 pictures of him and his friends planking at the beach, I went nuts on him and told him how dangerous it was. He was planking laying on things that were flat, but still, I told him he cannot do it anymore, even laying down.

RIP Rebecca, so much for coming to America for a better life.

This was not a suicide and I don't believe Rebecca's friends and family are just 'not able to accept it' either.

Why do I get the feeling someone wanted Rebecca's official story about how Max's accident occurred to be changed? Kids do silly things, but some parents can't accept that. I really wonder though if planking was really Max's idea.

This is totally new info, isn't it, that another sibling was present for all of this? Wonder if they were ever interviewed, being presumably ensconced in far away South Carolina when the so-called (poo) hit the fan.

Yes, it's new if the family's lawyer is correct. Also some reports claimed it was RN's sister in the home. While the family lawyer said it was Max's siblings.

I understand jjenny and I agree with you. I was 16 and 17 when my brothers were born. I actually cared for them more than our mom since she worked the evening shift.

I dont know that anyone blamed Rebecca but I do think it is understandable that she may have blamed herself.

Now I do know that if anything had happened to my brothers while I was caring for them.... even if it was an accident I couldnt prevent... I would somehow place blame on myself........"beating" myself up with the "what ifs."

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member