CA - Rebecca Nalepa - suicide or murder? #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too bad it appears there isn't a single reporter who was curious to get beyond the media blackout and investigate what may have been going on behind the scenes with the well-lawyered-up and P.R.'ed up Team Shacknai, and the LE authorities. What pressure was being brought to bear with lawsuits and/or other threats and/or enticements (civil lawsuits, promises of embarrassments if the PR firm was to go on the offensive, in the event of LE continuing on with a wrongful death investigation.) Almost certainly, LE has been under pressure from the highly repped Shacknai side, compared with the distant and much less able Zahau family.

There's a great "untold story" here to be ferreted out by a good journalist, if there exists one any more in Southern California.

Lets see what happens today and the questions posed to LE. If this does not provoke action then we have surely entered into a new age of journalism and judicial system.

Inobu

Women don't kill themselves this way - naked, bound hands AND feet (oh and wernt' hands behind her back?). They don't shoot themselves either normall. Pills, carbon monoxide are the way - nothing messy. Plus, if she did kill herself over grief of whatever kind, she would have left a note. That's how most of us women think/operate. I think someone "did her in". Came to the house, crime of opportunity. Found her at home alone, naked, getting ready to dress or shower. When you kill someone you don't take time to make them get dressed first!

Yes, it's new if the family's lawyer is correct. Also some reports claimed it was RN's sister in the home. While the family lawyer said it was Max's siblings.

There is that one Coronado Patch article with a lot of comments about why the news suddenly changed from Max's sister to Rebecca's sister being there on Monday morning. The reporter was asked and she said LE verified it was Rebecca's sister. So, it would be really interesting if they gave out misleading/false information?

Per the suicide note: My take on it is that there was no suicide note (and that was said from the start). Someone came up with some vague writing claiming it was Rebecca's and was possibly a suicide note. Rebecca's family is saying that is not even her handwriting.

Women don't kill themselves this way - naked, bound hands AND feet (oh and wernt' hands behind her back?). They don't shoot themselves either normall. Pills, carbon monoxide are the way - nothing messy. Plus, if she did kill herself over grief of whatever kind, she would have left a note. That's how most of us women think/operate. I think someone "did her in". Came to the house, crime of opportunity. Found her at home alone, naked, getting ready to dress or shower. When you kill someone you don't take time to make them get dressed first!

2/3 of suicide victims do not leave notes.

I do know females hang themselves naked and bind their hands and feet. It happened to my daughter's friend three weeks before Rebecca's death.

IMO

There is that one Coronado Patch article with a lot of comments about why the news suddenly changed from Max's sister to Rebecca's sister being there on Monday morning. The reporter was asked and she said LE verified it was Rebecca's sister. So, it would be really interesting if they gave out misleading/false information?

Per the suicide note: My take on it is that there was no suicide note (and that was said from the start). Someone came up with some vague writing claiming it was Rebecca's and was possibly a suicide note. Rebecca's family is saying that is not even her handwriting.

One can see a pattern where the suicide evidence continues to further conclude a homicide. The irony is that people continue to find justification in for every staged act.

We will soon hear that the handwriting of the note is off because she wrote it with here hands tied behind her back.

It would be interesting to know if there is a split within the investigation team. I find it hard to believe that all are in concurrence.

Inobu

Reports that the teenager was RN's sister were coming out even quite recently and this info appears to be attributed to LE. If this in fact is false and the teenager was Max's sibling, my question is for what purpose was the teenager claimed to be RN's sister?

Rebecca was in the shower when Max fell. Rebecca was found naked.

Max fell while planking, which had to be done from the second floor railing. I'm guessing one of the teens was on the first floor taking the photo and MS either fell on them {"My daughter was also injured"....RN would not refer to her sister as her daughter} or they tried to catch him when he fell. Neighbor reports that a sibling left before the ambulance even arrived, but GS was reported to have gone to the hospital then left. Well that all makes much more sense now that it is being reported that RN was watching all three S. children at the time of the accident.

Max fell from the second floor balcony. Rebecca is found hanging, hog tied depending upon how you read it, from the outside balcony.

I don't think this dog and pony show is going to convince me.

This reeks of "an eye for an eye" to me.......

Yes, it's pretty interesting that he would allegedly declare it a suicide immediately. I mean, police could not say if it was suicide or murder. How would he know?

I think it is quite telling, don't you?

Put it together with this:

"Their main reason is saying that they did not see any signs of struggle or physical injury that would show there's foul play," Zahau-Loehner said.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/rebecca-zahau-mansion-death-ruled-suicide-sister/story?id=14435011

And, I go back to my two favorite theories - she was forced at gunpoint (or whatever) to bind herself or she was disabled somehow first that didn't leave much of a trail. It's seems like a no brainer that there doesn't have to be signs of a huge struggle in order to still be a homicide.

And, now we know there's something significant to add to motive.

And, we now know that Jonah was pushing the suicide theme very early on.

Yes, it's pretty interesting that he would allegedly declare it a suicide immediately. I mean, police could not say if it was suicide or murder. How would he know?

If I just lost a child then my gf I would be in denial and not be assuming anything at this point. I wouldn't want to believe it was suicide unless the LE told me over and over again. Unless LE told him right then and there.
I wish they'd investigate more.

If I just lost a child then my gf I would be in denial and not be assuming anything at this point. I wouldn't want to believe it was suicide unless the LE told me over and over again. Unless LE told him right then and there.
I wish they'd investigate more.

Her ex-husband doesn't believe it to this day. And the sister claims JS immediately said it was suicide, at the time police was saying it could be suicide or murder (at least publicly). Interesting information to say the least.

1) Good for Zahau family for taking control of the press conference direction with a preemptive strike.

2) Attorney Anne Bremner would do well to start her investigation by tracking down the unnamed source of the earlier quote, "No one is investigating this as a homicide."

3) Whatever hope "witnesses" or other stakeholders have in a tidy off-the-hook "suicide" finding, the overly controlled and apparently lopsided nature of the investigation to date has already backfired in favor of Team Zahau. It seems highly unlikely the public will buy LE POV, and see it rather as a bungled investigation and a lot of grandstanding.

4) Finally, this opens the door to a real investigation.

Too bad it appears there isn't a single reporter who was curious to get beyond the media blackout and investigate what may have been going on behind the scenes with the well-lawyered-up and P.R.'ed up Team Shacknai, and the LE authorities. What pressure was being brought to bear with lawsuits and/or other threats and/or enticements (civil lawsuits, promises of embarrassments if the PR firm was to go on the offensive, in the event of LE continuing on with a wrongful death investigation.) Almost certainly, LE has been under pressure from the highly repped Shacknai side, compared with the distant and much less able Zahau family.

There's a great "untold story" here to be ferreted out by a good journalist, if there exists one any more in Southern California.

Newspaper industry dying, newspapers have no budgets, most reporters make a whopping $30-$40K yr. Add to that a story shackled by corporate attorneys and it gets pretty dicey. Great investigative stories tend to come out during or after trials when actions and testimony are on public record so the news organization doesn't get sued. That is, if they're not settled out of court and sealed. If the latter doesn't come to pass, this will eventually make a great "untold story," but it could take years.

A better bet right now might be Anne Bremner, her legal team, and the investigators she can pull together going into two months after the incident.

More and more as the story unfolds it proves gaps in what was reported to LE.

If planking was the catalyst in MS death that eliminates RN and her direct role but implicates the individuals teaching or encouraging this fatal act. The question is was the teenagers ushered off?

And if so who ushered them off and why?

I have new suspicions as to why.

Train wreck of people.

Crazy! I wonder why she bound herself? Maybe she wanted to frame the father, was he going to leave her? Was she fearful of that? Probably.jmo

I would like Anne Bremner to find who the woman TG reported seeing at the mansion the morning he picked up Ocean. I think that would be a great start. And hospital video records and sign in sheets.
:cow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member