CA-Sandra Cantu, 8 missing 3/27/09 from Tracy,#1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just read the articles on this case today and they are HEARTBREAKING. I hope this child is located alive and well soon.

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/east_bay&id=6734831

The family told abc that the security cameras had been installed within the last two weeks for security purposes. Sandra's grandpa Joe states

~snip~ "Somebody here knows who has taken her because it's not a missing anymore. It's an abduction," said Sandra's grandfather Joe Chavez.

The fbi is calling the security camera footage basically a Godsend and say

~snip~The FBI is studying the video which police say captured Sandra Friday evening in front of her house as she was walking away from the park's front entrance.

LE is also focusing on RSOs and hotel logs:

~snip~they are talking to registered sex offenders in the area and going over all the logs at nearby hotels to see who has been staying in the area over the past couple days.

Sandra's Aunt said they started to look for Sandra when she didn't show up for dinner
~snip~
"She didn't come home for dinner. ... They went looking for her and couldn't find her," Chavez said. "It got to be 8 o'clock, and they thought: Something is not right here."

the security cameras were installed according to this....
~snip~Sandra's grandfather recently installed surveillance cameras on his mobile home after the tires on his truck were slashed, Chavez said - a rare crime for the area that the family has speculated might be retaliation for him trapping cats that trespass on his property and taking them to the pound.

according to this article Sandra shares the home with her mother, grandparents and three older sibblings.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/03/30/BA1016P7VF.DTL

~snip~
Investigators also have been inside every home in the park, Sheneman said.
He refused to discuss any clues authorities are following, however, and said they have not ruled out any theories - including that Sandra ran away.

http://www.recordnet.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090330/A_NEWS/903300323/-1/A_NEWS14

searchers have also focused here
~snipMost searchers focused south of Interstate 205, while some volunteers looked through the rural areas north of the freeway with all-terrain vehicles and dogs, Sheneman said. Volunteers called off their search about 5:30 p.m

Sandra's grandfather recently installed surveillance cameras on his mobile home after the tires on his truck were slashed, Chavez said - a rare crime for the area that the family has speculated might be retaliation for him trapping cats that trespass on his property and taking them to the pound.
The surveillance cameras have been helpful in showing Sandra on the property at about 4 p.m. Friday. A second camera, which faces the entrance to the park, does not show the girl leaving that way, Chavez said - which would have been unusual.
"She never goes outside the park," she said. Both tapes have been given to investigators, she said.

That is so scary,reminds me of Jessica Lundsford.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/03/30/BA1016P7VF.DTL

I keep going back to what her little girlfriend told her mother in another report. She said Sandra was planning to run away and even though I doubt that, I do wonder what caused her little friend to say that? Did someone ask her to say it?

With no evidence little Sandra left the park there is good reason to believe that a resident may be guilty of taking her. I'm glad they are checking car trunks and I hope they have gone through sheds and the mobile homes.There are alot of SO's near her.

Thanks nursebeeme et al for the updates.

I wonder if the search dogs were with the police when they went door-to-door in the trailer park.

This is so sad. :frown:

Last night I searched for new information and the gist that I get from LE is they are focusing on the mobile home park. And yet, they have not searched every mobile home in park. I'm not even sure they have searched every car. At the same time they are conducting searches outside the park? And LE still insists that there is no indication of foul play. If an 8 year old doesn't come home tired and hungry after the first day, IMO, it's because they can't.

I hope LE is merely feeding us with candy to shut us up and not really investigating this case the way it appears.

Byomoi - I was just wondering that also. She has to be in that trailer park or in a car that left the park, which should be on the videotape. I have not read anything about tracking dogs or cadaver dogs - so I'm praying they have them and are using them!

O/T - Does anyone else see a resemblance to Haleigh? The dark eyes, lightish hair and just the shape of her face? Also the mobile home theme? Weird. I know the cases are clear across the country from one another and are not related. I just think it is odd.

Salem

http://www.recordnet.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090330/A_NEWS/903300323/-1/A_NEWS14

Morning Q! (((((suziQ))))) this article stated that LE had been inside every home in the park.... not sure to what extent.

This article, just updated, says family believes she was abducted. It further states, per LE, that no family was believed to be involved. This is such a frustrating case of a missing child. They are all frustrating... but I too get those old case vibes like you mentioned earlier in regards to this one. It hits close to home because my child is in the same age range as well. Here is to hoping they are working this one and will solve it soon....

http://www.kcra.com/news/19043413/detail.html

eta: I am not sure if I agree on the LE take..... they have over 9 counties, fbi, professional search teams, and per the link above, dive teams involved in searching for her. I too hope that reporting was correct and they have searched each and every home in that park....

I have read that they went door to door talking to people in the park and they stopped every car going in and out of the park. I also read that dogs were being used to search for her but nothing was found. The park is less than half of a mile from Highway 580.

They said the little girl was seen Friday evening in front of her house before she walked away from the park's front entrance.

the above was snipped from this: http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/story?section=news/state&id=6733115

Is it just me or is this scary (or just plain misreporting) that she was seen on the camera in front of her home walking away from the park's front entrance!

Someone in that park has her, had her, or knows what happened....moo of course....

the above was snipped from this: http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/story?section=news/state&id=6733115

Is it just me or is this scary (or just plain misreporting) that she was seen on the camera in front of her home walking away from the park's front entrance!

Someone in that park has her, had her, or knows what happened....moo of course....

I believe this as well, unless she was taken out by car before LE began searching. Surely LE has pics of all those cars from the entrance camera?

Byomoi - I was just wondering that also. She has to be in that trailer park or in a car that left the park, which should be on the videotape. I have not read anything about tracking dogs or cadaver dogs - so I'm praying they have them and are using them!

O/T - Does anyone else see a resemblance to Haleigh? The dark eyes, lightish hair and just the shape of her face? Also the mobile home theme? Weird. I know the cases are clear across the country from one another and are not related. I just think it is odd.

Salem

bold by me..... I agree Salem. I was thinking about the last article I posted that stated her home camera showed her walking away from the front entrance.... I wonder if the camera was aimed so that it could catch all traffic going out of the park??? They must be pouring over those tapes right now.... She had to have come back out of that park in some way, shape, or form or she is still in there.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mamabee1221