CA-Sandra Cantu, 8 missing 3/27/09 from Tracy,#1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe this as well, unless she was taken out by car before LE began searching. Surely LE has pics of all those cars from the entrance camera?
I wonder if there is a fence around the park...or a way to get out of the back. Those homes are so close together, and per the family, the park is filled with children playing so I don't see this going down on foot.

wouldn't you just love for at least one of these children to be recovered alive. I am sooo praying that will be the case this time!

I find it strange that the CCTV
1) was installed so recently, and
2) did not capture an image of anyone talking to or approaching the child.

Grandpa sounds like a real character...trapping kitty-cats? And what's up with the girl " communicating with the older residents", as was mentioned in the KCRA article? When my childred were that young, they played with other little kids...I find it suspicious for adults to be striking up a convo or hanging around little kids when their parent's aren't around.

Susan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbH2vz8mICs

This video is an interview with LE and very informative.

1) they have received "credible tips" that LE believes may lead them to find Sandra
2) they don't believe any family involved but they do not use in the word "clear" in general
3) the only info they have gathered thus far from the video was the last time Sandra was seen.
4) swimming pool incident happened two years ago. The man has been interviewed and will be reinterviewed about "issues".... so far no indication he is involved

http://www.ktvu.com/news/19037015/detail.html
just another same ole' same ole' in terms of information but the embeded video on the left is shot outside of the t~park and gives a good picture of how small the entrance/exit to the place is. There is only one way in and out. A neighbor was also interviewed in the video and says that all the kids in the park are out by themselves...

I am just thinking out loud here... but I hope LE has checked to see if anyone was working afternoon shift that day or had reason to head out of the park around the time Sandra was last seen on the video. I wonder if their interviews of the park residents have gone so far as to include asking where people were, etc, around the time she went missing. I would guess that without probable cause the answer to my own question would be no but I am not sure. I just cannot get it out of my mind how Kevin Underwood drove in and out of the apartment complex repeatedly during the investigation for Jamie Bolin. She went into his apartment but dogs never followed her there and she lived right there. I really wonder where the dogs were able to pick up any scent of little Sandra??

I wonder how easy it would be to record something on your own CCTV but change the time stamp to make it appear to had just happened?

Has anyone here checked our priors for the immediate family...Grandpa in particular? I'm just saying, we only have his word that someone else slashed his tires...if a person was afraid a little girl was going to tell some secret or something, maybe he set up the slashing as an excuse to get the CCTV, then used it to show her walking away so no one in the home would get blamed when she "disappeared".

Dad sounds genuine to me. Mom was too upset to be intervied at first. Everyone is different, but I would have been so upset that you couldn't stop me from talking. I wonder is she suspects someone close but the thought of it being a close family member is too much for her to handle?

I could be completely on the wrong track, but IMO when a child is missing, all avenues must be explored ASAP!

Susan

I wonder how easy it would be to record something on your own CCTV but change the time stamp to make it appear to had just happened?

Has anyone here checked our priors for the immediate family...Grandpa in particular? I'm just saying, we only have his word that someone else slashed his tires...if a person was afraid a little girl was going to tell some secret or something, maybe he set up the slashing as an excuse to get the CCTV, then used it to show her walking away so no one in the home would get blamed when she "disappeared".

Dad sounds genuine to me. Mom was too upset to be intervied at first. Everyone is different, but I would have been so upset that you couldn't stop me from talking. I wonder is she suspects someone close but the thought of it being a close family member is too much for her to handle?

I could be completely on the wrong track, but IMO when a child is missing, all avenues must be explored ASAP!

Susan
I don't know Susan (about the CC) but LE doesn't seem to think toward that vein at this point. I agree that when a child is missing it is all up for grabs.

I do find the timing of the placement of the camera and the random act of tire slashing to be odd. I wonder if Grandpa filed a police report? In one of the links I posted above LE said that for the kissing incident a police report was not filed.

I am very interested in "swimming pool man" and why they have interviewed him once but plan on interviewing him again... I wonder if he is the "man" in the park that was interviewed early on?

ETA: not to keep revisiting possible similarities to Kevin Underwood but Jamie Bolin went into his apartment willingly because she knew him.... if that were the case and she was last seen walking away from the entrance I wonder if swimming pool man lives in that direction? again... just wondering out loud

I don't know Susan (about the CC) but LE doesn't seem to think toward that vein at this point. I agree that when a child is missing it is all up for grabs.

I do find the timing of the placement of the camera and the random act of tire slashing to be odd. I wonder if Grandpa filed a police report? In one of the links I posted above LE said that for the kissing incident a police report was not filed.

I am very interested in "swimming pool man" and why they have interviewed him once but plan on interviewing him again... I wonder if he is the "man" in the park that was interviewed early on?

ETA: not to keep revisiting possible similarities to Kevin Underwood but Jamie Bolin went into his apartment willingly because she knew him.... if that were the case and she was last seen walking away from the entrance I wonder if swimming pool man lives in that direction? again... just wondering out loud

Something must not be jiving if LE is going to question swimming pool man again. So many of these guys are neighbors and for some reason LE doesn't pick up on them for days or weeks. I don't get it. Another case I flashed on this morning is Destiny Norton. LE could smell the stink and cadaver dogs went to Craig's residence, but it took several more days for LE to bring him in.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Destiny_Norton

Destiny Anne Norton (November 30, 2000 – July 16, 2006), was a victim of kidnapping and murder. Until her death, she lived in the Salt Lake City of Utah. Her body was found fewer than 100 feet from her home in the basement of her neighbor, 20-year-old Craig Roger Gregerson.
On July 16, 2006, Destiny Norton, a five year old Salt Lake City child disappeared from her home. (more at link)

Incredible responses and volunteer involvement for Tracy, CA. The survelliance is key here. Cars coming in going from the park entrance Friday evening are already being evaulated by FBI.

righty~o you are on that one Q! Sooo many cases where peeves are among us doing things to our children! Sick! A lot of them have not been RSOs either...just ones that have evaded society/not acted until that particular crime.

At least, according to this http://www.contracostatimes.com/localnews/ci_12030198 LE is still interviewing residents and searching vehicles in the park. (((aside: the above link was yet another media link with info on the reward increase... since we don't have a links thread on this case...and I hope we don't need one!....I wanted to post this link here. With the time difference out West I assume there will be much more coming out in a few hours as the presser is at one pacific time)))

I find it strange that the CCTV
1) was installed so recently, and
2) did not capture an image of anyone talking to or approaching the child.

Grandpa sounds like a real character...trapping kitty-cats? And what's up with the girl " communicating with the older residents", as was mentioned in the KCRA article? When my childred were that young, they played with other little kids...I find it suspicious for adults to be striking up a convo or hanging around little kids when their parent's aren't around.

Susan

Right Grandpa installed the video recently. I just heard on one of the last videos that a strange man was seen in the Mobile Home Park that Fri. night. Do we have a sketch? Thanks for the 1pm presser update since this is in my time zone.

KR2, You'll have to give us a play by play of the presser...

(aside: in earlier link I posted the video with the witness who saw the strange looking person)

I feel like I am talking to myself in here LOL...echo.... (jk) Was thinking/sleuthing...if Sandra went one way to play with friends...comes home and then is seen walking away from the entrance I am wondering if she spied a person she knew...and being bored went to say hello??? What else would draw her in that other direction away from her house???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dena24