CA CA - Sarah Tokier, 16, Montebello, 1976

Jonzy, Thank you for sharing your thoughts and abilities. Wow, what a gift. I'm glad you joined. You'll be a great asset here, with this case and others.

I see a resemblance between Sarah Tokier and Diane Dye; similar coloring, cowlicks, the same guileless gaze.

I see a resemblance between Sarah Tokier and Diane Dye; similar coloring, cowlicks, the same guileless gaze.

Hi Lav

Just read about Diane Dye. I agree. There is a similarity. What exactly is a "guileless gaze"? I have heard the phrase somewhere, but don't recall where.

I checked for more info on Diane. It's heartbreaking, but I was happy to see she has friends and family trying to find her still. There is a Facebook page devoted to her by a friend who is still trying to find out what happened to her.

Are the friends and family of Sarah actively looking for her?

Hi. Trasi
To me (and according to my Thesaurus) , "guiless " is synonymous with "innocent, trustful, childlike."
Thank you for taking the time to read about Diane Dye and for your interest in Sarah's case. I also wonder if Sarah still has family looking for her.

Oops...sorry. It's spelled "guileless". I don't know how to edit. D'uh.

Hi. Trasi
To me (and according to my Thesaurus) , "guiless " is synonymous with "innocent, trustful, childlike."
Thank you for taking the time to read about Diane Dye and for your interest in Sarah's case. I also wonder if Sarah still has family looking for her.

Hi Lav,

I guess I should've looked for some examples of its use. Like the following.

"A flicker of caution flashed through Victoria. She peered deeply into Ricky's eyes, searching for any signs of an ulterior motive. His guileless gaze​ held no hint of anything but childlike hope that she would help him. Victoria felt like a wanton woman..."

-Debra White Smith, This Time Around

Now I get it. Innocent, trustful, childlike, exactly like you said. Originally, I was scouring the photographs trying to spot the similar guileless gazes. I thought it was a physical characteristic, like squinting or widely separated eyes or something.

Thanks for clearing that up, Lav.

Hi, Trasi. That was a really good example. I like your Shakespeare quote, too.

Hi Lav,

I got the idea for the signature from you. You have had some very beautiful quotes.

The Shelley poem caught my eye. (Was it Mary? or the Percinator? Or both?). I absolutely love your choice of literature. So few people read the classics these days.

May I ask how you pick your selections? Do you have a background in literature?

(Please ignore me if I am prying, or if I seem to have gotten off topic.)

Hi, trasimoto, I'm glad to know my quotes are appreciated. I generally like to choose quotes that I believe relate to missing people ( except lately I,'ve been so hopping mad about the injustice that occurred in the wine country last month ; so I've been quoting Lisa Johnson in my signature). I have a background in acting. I used to perform interpretations of poetry occasionally.

The more I look at Sara Tokier's picture, the more she reminds me of Diane Dye.

What are your thoughts about Diane Dye?

Are you thinking there is a connection with the death of Sarah Tokier?

What are your thoughts about Diane Dye?

Are you thinking there is a connection with the death of Sarah Tokier?

I do hope Sarah is alive. There is such a paucity of information about her. I do wonder if there is a connection to Diane's case.

Hi Lav,

What were you thinking the connection might be?

Could there be a link between these two girls?

Thanks,

Trasimoto

Hi Lav,

What were you thinking the connection might be?

Could there be a link between these two girls?

Thanks,

Trasimoto

Diane Dye disappeared within three years of Sarah Tokier's disappearance. The two girls are close in age with similar coloring. Their facial contours are similar; at least they appear so in their photos. To me , the resemblance is such that they look almost like sisters. That's all I've got; that and an odd feeling that I get--- a feeling I can't really explain--- when I look at the eyes of both these young girls.

Hi Lavender,

The girls certainly do have similar features. Up till now I have been mostly thinking of them as likely murder victims, but as I re-read some of Diane's thread, I see more the possibility that she may have been alive for some time after her reported disappearance--and could possibly be alive today.

I also came across some of your own posts on the Diane Die thread that I hadn't seen previously. Perhaps I understand a little more today. These disappearances must hit very close to home for you. I, for one, greatly appreciate what you shared about your personal experiences, especially the possibility that Diane's disappearance might have been linked to your own assailants.

Your comments have given me a lot to think about. You previously contemplated a connection between the disappearance of Diane and the attempt on your own self. And you now are considering the possibility that Sarah's and Diane's disappearances may be related based on their similar ages and appearances.

May I ask a personal question? Please do not feel pressured to answer if my question is inappropriate. When you were younger, at the age when you were attacked, did you also resemble these two girls?

I do not mean to get too personal by asking for details about your appearance. It's just that it would make sense to wonder if there might be a link when 3 simlar looking girls of similar ages were all abducted within a few years and a few miles of each other. If you shared that sister-like similarity at that age, it would certainly explain your odd feeling.

Thank you,

Trasimoto

Other than my being approximately the size of Diane Dye, I don't think the three of us look very much alike. We do share the characteristics of vaguely almond shaped eyes and high cheekbones. It does seem to me that most of the missing girls and teenagers of the 70's share that similiarity in features. I see that in the Santa Rosa Hitchhiker murder victims, too . I wish we knew more about Sarah. Diane Dye and I seem to have had a similar life style.

Sarah was an sophomore honor student at Palm Springs High School in January 1976 https://cdnc.ucr.edu/cgi-bin/cdnc?a=d&d=DS19760105.2.114&srpos=2&e=-------en--20--1--txt-txIN-Sarah+tokier-------1 and March 1976. https://cdnc.ucr.edu/cgi-bin/cdnc?a=d&d=DS19760303.2.83&srpos=3&e=-------en--20--1--txt-txIN-Sarah+tokier-------1

Her twin brother's photo can be found in the sophomore section of the 1976 yearbook, but Sarah's is not there and both are missing from the 1977 yearbook. https://collections.accessingthepast.org/cgi-bin/palmsprings?a=cl&cl=CL1&sp=Chia&ai=1&e=-------en-20--1--txt-txIN--------------

Sarah was also a regular volunteer at the Desert Hospital, she received a service hour pin, but was unable to attend the party in the volunteers honor. https://cdnc.ucr.edu/cgi-bin/cdnc?a...-----en--20--1--txt-txIN-Sarah+tokier-------1

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back