CA CA - Sarah Tokier, 16, Montebello, 1976

STokier.jpg
STokier1.jpg
STokier2.jpg
The two images on the right are age-progressed to 50 and 56 years.

Name: Sarah Rachel Tokier
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: January 1, 1976
Location Last Seen: Montebello, Los Angeles County, California

Physical Description
Date of Birth: June 10, 1960
Race: White
Height: 5'4"
Weight: 110 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Nickname/Alias: Unknown

STokier.jpg
STokier1.jpg
STokier2.jpg

Mouse over to enlarge the last image. The two images on the right are age-progressed to 50 and 56 years.

Name: Sarah Rachel Tokier
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: January 1, 1976
Location Last Seen: Montebello, Los Angeles County, California

Physical Description
Date of Birth: June 10, 1960
Race: White
Height: 5'4"
Weight: 110 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Nickname/Alias: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown

Identifiers
Dentals: Not Available
Fingerprints: Not Available
DNA: Available

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Disappearance
Sarah was only 16 or 17 years old when she went missing sometime in 1976 or 1977. Very little is known about her disappearance. Her parents are both deceased and her siblings are searching for answers.

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department
Agency Contact Person: Sergeant Derek Garvin
Agency Phone Number: (760) 366-4175
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: 90902315

NCIC Case Number: Unknown
NamUs Case Number: 5091

Information Source(s)
Doe Network

NamUs
National Center for Missing & Exploited Children

LINK:

2883DFCA - Sarah Rachel Tokier

Sarah was an sophomore honor student at Palm Springs High School in January 1976 https://cdnc.ucr.edu/cgi-bin/cdnc?a...-----en--20--1--txt-txIN-Sarah+tokier-------1 and March 1976. Desert Sun 3 March 1976 — California Digital Newspaper Collection

Her twin brother's photo can be found in the sophomore section of the 1976 yearbook, but Sarah's is not there and both are missing from the 1977 yearbook. https://collections.accessingthepas...i=1&e=-------en-20--1--txt-txIN--------------

Sarah was also a regular volunteer at the Desert Hospital, she received a service hour pin, but was unable to attend the party in the volunteers honor. https://cdnc.ucr.edu/cgi-bin/cdnc?a...-----en--20--1--txt-txIN-Sarah+tokier-------1

It looks like Sarah was still at the Palm Springs high school after January 1976, (at least for a while), if she was listed in March 1976 as an honor student.

It is so sad that we know so little about her vanishing. She's just gone. I hope we can get more information somehow.

Her parents are both deceased and her siblings are searching for answers.

To be totally upright, the above quote is not from Richard, but from a missing person file he/she posted.

I think Rebecca Jayne (Becky) is still alive. Also I think I found her Facebook site (or offspring with the same name, no pictures of her made public) BTW she went to the same school as Sarah (San Gabriel High school) and is listed in one in the yearbooks as Becky Tokier, only a few years earlier (1974). I think she is also the one who manages the Tokier family tree (Sarah's family tree) in MyHeritage. https://www.myheritage.nl/research?...Tokier+lnmo.3+lnmsdm.1+lnmsmf3.1+lnmsrs.1&p=1

I will not contact Rebecca, because that doesn't feel right. There is nothing about Sarah's missing case on her Facebook page. I couldn't find any reaching out to the public, finding out more about Sarah. That doesn't mean -off course- she and other family members are not searching for her.

Her brother, A Palm Springs police lieutenant, who was arrested in 2011, was released after his supposed missing girlfriend was found alive and safe. He is still working in LE. Being "so close to the fire/having more access/is in LE", I wonder what he did to find his twin sister. It's possibly against LE policy to start a personal social media search for your sister (integrity) when you are in the force, what I totally understand, but having a girlfriend, while you are married, coming in the news like this....doesn't sound so much like a man of integrity, IMO. But I hope he is very good in his work, and personal things could be seen as a side issue.

Missing girlfriend of Calif. cop found alive in AZ

Panel Finds No Grounds For Palm Springs Lieutenant's Termination

"A personnel panel voted 3-to-0 on Monday that the termination of Abraham Tokier from the Palm Springs Police Department was incorrect, and recommended to the city manager he be reinstated" .....etc.

Last edited:
To be totally upright, the above quote is not from Richard, but from a missing person file he/she posted.

I think Rebecca Jayne (Becky) is still alive. Also I think I found her Facebook site (or offspring with the same name, no pictures of her made public) BTW she went to the same school as Sarah (San Gabriel High school) and is listed in one in the yearbooks as Becky Tokier, only a few years earlier (1974). I think she is also the one who manages the Tokier family tree (Sarah's family tree) in MyHeritage. https://www.myheritage.nl/research?...Tokier+lnmo.3+lnmsdm.1+lnmsmf3.1+lnmsrs.1&p=1

I will not contact Rebecca, because that doesn't feel right. There is nothing about Sarah's missing case on her Facebook page. I couldn't find any reaching out to the public, finding out more about Sarah. That doesn't mean -off course- she and other family members are not searching for her.

Her brother, A Palm Springs police lieutenant, who was arrested in 2011, was released after his supposed missing girlfriend was found alive and safe. He is still working in LE. Being "so close to the fire/having more access/is in LE", I wonder what he did to find his twin sister. It's possibly against LE policy to start a personal social media search for your sister (integrity) when you are in the force, what I totally understand, but having a girlfriend, while you are married, coming in the news like this....doesn't sound so much like a man of integrity, IMO. But I hope he is very good in his work, and personal things could be seen as a side issue.

Missing girlfriend of Calif. cop found alive in AZ

Panel Finds No Grounds For Palm Springs Lieutenant's Termination

"A personnel panel voted 3-to-0 on Monday that the termination of Abraham Tokier from the Palm Springs Police Department was incorrect, and recommended to the city manager he be reinstated" .....etc.

Correcting myself. Rebecca went to the San Gabriel High school (listed in 1974 yearbook), in San Gabriel.

Tokier - Ancestry.com

In 1976 Abraham is listed in the yearbook of the Palm Springs High School
https://collections.accessingthepast.org/cgi-bin/palmsprings?a=cl&cl=CL1&sp=Chia&ai=1&e=-------en-20--1--txt-txIN--------------

In 1977 and 1978 Abraham is listed in the San Gabriel High School yearbook.

No listings of Sarah, at San Gabriel High School (so far). In 1976 she was in Palm Springs High school, named on the honor roll until March. In that year her brother was also there.

Almost half a year has passed since the last post in this thread. 2020 has come. Sincerely want this to be the year for answers. What happened to Sarah, this sweet and talented girl? Hopes up high for her family, still trying to find out what happened.

Quoting Sarah's Doe Network file:

"Her parents are both deceased and her siblings are searching for answers."

This is written by a representative of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, so not my words.

Find missing Sarah Rachel Tokier!
She went missing on New Year’s Day
Over 42 long years ago.
They may not call her a runaway.
But why is she being treated like one?
Why the vague timeline?
Why no publicity?
How can a teen girl be missing for so long?
What happened to Sarah Rachel Tokier?

Find Missing Sarah Rachel Tokier!
Details

Find Missing Sarah Rachel Tokier! Sarah Rachel Tokier has been missing since January 1, 1976. She is missing from San Bernardino County, California. Sarah Rachel Tokier is classified as an endangered missing people. Her year of birth is 1960. At the time of her disappearance, Sarah was 15 to 16 years old. Her current age is 57 years old. Sarah Rachel Tokier is a Caucasian female. Her hair is brown and her eyes are brown. Sarah is described as 5’4″ and 110 pounds at the time of her disappearance. It is unknown what Sarah was wearing at the time of her disappearance.

Circumstances

Sarah Rachel Tokier was last seen in San Bernardino County, California. She was last seen sometime during 1976. She has never been heard from again. Few details are available in her case. As per law enforcement: Sarah was only 16 or 17 years old when she went missing. She vanished sometime in 1976 or 1977. Very little is known about her disappearance. Her parents are both deceased and her siblings are searching for answers.

Opinion

Sarah Rachel Tokier has been missing for over 42 long, long years. Why has the public not been given the basics to know what to look for? It is unknown when her parents passed away. Did they die before she vanished? That means she may be missing from the care of relatives. Or did they pass away after her disappearance? Are their deaths in any way connected to her disappearance? Unfortunately, these questions cannot be answered. It seems that her siblings have no known social media presence. Very few results show up for Sarah on the Internet. It isn’t much better on the social media. Why the lack of a timeline and the lack of information? There isn’t even clear information about Sarah’s missing age! This is incredibly sad. Someone has dropped the ball. And it has probably helped affect the outcome of Sarah Rachel Tokier, whatever it is.

Someone (s) knows something! A family has waited over 42 years for justice. Do you have any information concerning the whereabouts of Sarah Rachel Tokier? Do you have information concerning the person (s) responsible for her disappearance? If you have any information, you can contact the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department at: (909) 387-2978 or (760) 366-4175. Or you can call 9-1-1 or you local police.

The above information can be found on Sarah Rachel Tokier’s Charley Project Page. I have adapted and remixed it. It is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial 4.0 International License.

Sarah Rachel Tokier has a NamUs profile.
Click here to view it.

The above image is courtesy of National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

Have-you-seen-this-child_-SARAH-TOKIER-page-0-1.jpg

This is written by a representative of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, so not my words.

Find missing Sarah Rachel Tokier!
She went missing on New Year’s Day
Over 42 long years ago.
They may not call her a runaway.
But why is she being treated like one?
Why the vague timeline?
Why no publicity?
How can a teen girl be missing for so long?
What happened to Sarah Rachel Tokier?

Details

Find Missing Sarah Rachel Tokier! Sarah Rachel Tokier has been missing since January 1, 1976. She is missing from San Bernardino County, California. Sarah Rachel Tokier is classified as an endangered missing people. Her year of birth is 1960. At the time of her disappearance, Sarah was 15 to 16 years old. Her current age is 57 years old. Sarah Rachel Tokier is a Caucasian female. Her hair is brown and her eyes are brown. Sarah is described as 5’4″ and 110 pounds at the time of her disappearance. It is unknown what Sarah was wearing at the time of her disappearance.

Circumstances

Sarah Rachel Tokier was last seen in San Bernardino County, California. She was last seen sometime during 1976. She has never been heard from again. Few details are available in her case. As per law enforcement: Sarah was only 16 or 17 years old when she went missing. She vanished sometime in 1976 or 1977. Very little is known about her disappearance. Her parents are both deceased and her siblings are searching for answers.

Opinion

Sarah Rachel Tokier has been missing for over 42 long, long years. Why has the public not been given the basics to know what to look for? It is unknown when her parents passed away. Did they die before she vanished? That means she may be missing from the care of relatives. Or did they pass away after her disappearance? Are their deaths in any way connected to her disappearance? Unfortunately, these questions cannot be answered. It seems that her siblings have no known social media presence. Very few results show up for Sarah on the Internet. It isn’t much better on the social media. Why the lack of a timeline and the lack of information? There isn’t even clear information about Sarah’s missing age! This is incredibly sad. Someone has dropped the ball. And it has probably helped affect the outcome of Sarah Rachel Tokier, whatever it is.

Someone (s) knows something! A family has waited over 42 years for justice. Do you have any information concerning the whereabouts of Sarah Rachel Tokier? Do you have information concerning the person (s) responsible for her disappearance? If you have any information, you can contact the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department at: (909) 387-2978 or (760) 366-4175. Or you can call 9-1-1 or you local police.

The above information can be found on Sarah Rachel Tokier’s Charley Project Page. I have adapted and remixed it. It is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial 4.0 International License.

Sarah Rachel Tokier has a NamUs profile.
Click here to view it.

The above image is courtesy of National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

Have-you-seen-this-child_-SARAH-TOKIER-page-0-1.jpg

There's way more info in this thread about Sarah then what they wrote.

I don't doubt family tried to report her missing but LE refused.

Curious, did they not notice her missing because the parents kept separate households?

Or -- was she living with a different family, attending the different high school? With a friend, or even a boyfriend? Nanny arrangement, she came straight home from school each day to provide after-school child care?

I don't know much about that area -- taking care of horses & cleaning stalls in exchange from room & board?

jmho ymmv lrr

I believe she was Ashkenazi Jewish (but i cant see her family tree on both sides).
We have a few Ashkenazi Does on DDP but I believe they are later (so far Reservation Road JD.. Kern County JD would be fitting re place, but she was older, had a history of breast cancer and was found pretty recently killed in 2011...that rules her out )...

Id like to go that route...

I really really wonder what became of Reservation Road JD. She was young and Ashkenazi. She was presumed IDd, no information, but probably she was not Sarah. Actually highly unlikely, the remains were skeletal and shattered over a big area but i doubt they would be around on the surface over 20 years or more.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back