Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was more than one person involved in the kidnapping. And it seems they did not agree on what to do with her, whether to keep her or release her.

I have a main theory, but very few agree with me...so ....:tomato:

I believe that the 2 women, or the man and woman, were very low level employees in a trafficking organization. They may have been the women who are paid to 'mind' the hostages. They travel with them, feed them, guard them and keep them in line.

I believe that these two low IQ employees happened upon a beautiful, blonde jogger, all alone on a deserted street. I think these two already had the necessary supplies: chains, bandanas, weapons, etc----because it is their regular job.

These two motivated morons have seen how much their bosses get paid and how much they can sell a young woman to traffickers. So they decided to go into business for themselves.

After grabbing SP and driving back to their hideout, they contacted their 'buyers' ---thinking they'd soon be rich.

But the media had already made it impossible to traffic this suburban mother/house wife. No one was going to want the heat that comes from holding her hostage.

So the moronic duo was stuck with her. She was never raped because they were not male rapists. She was not killed because neither of them are cold blooded killers. I do think that one of them might have been thinking of disposing of her. But the other one rejected that idea and ended the whole scenario.

If in fact, one of the women 'saved' SP's life' by confronting the other, and then driving SP to safety, I could see how SP might be conflicted about telling all of the details. She may have promised not to, if she was released safely. IDK?

This is the only scenario that makes sense to me. I know this area somewhat, as I grew up in Northern Cali and have relatives in the general area. There are a lot of meth freeaks, and gang members, and low life, who do not think like you or I do, about life in general.

Thanks, Katydid, for this food for thought.

What do you make of the gunshot that Sherri heard?

[/B]

BBM

I can Wildly Speculate about the phone placement. . .

:moo:
Perhaps that is indicative of some sort of "ruse." If a car pulled up and the occupant(s) asked for some type of assistance that would require two hands, maybe she carefully placed her phone on the ground? I could picture myself doing the same, especially If my running attire didn't have pockets, or I didn't want to fuss trying to secure it somewhere on my body.

Apologies if this has been suggested before; I'm new to the case and have not yet perused all of the threads.

I can see that possibility. I also wondered if maybe she was kneeling or sitting and fixing her shoes or something, as they drove up. So her cell was already sitting there on the ground?

She may not have been too concerned to see 2 women stop to ask where the freeway entrance was, or something like that.

BBM; She started running again. I haven't listened to the 911 call, but did he really say this in the 911 call. I just find it odd you would mention that during a 911 call. What would it matter at all if she used to run, stopped running, then started "running again". That's totally irrelevant to anything.

Whether or not it's intentional, KP seems (to me) to have this odd quality--whether calling 911 or being interviewed--of communicating as though he's narrating a story. Often with elaborate, sometimes dramatic embellishments. It's not necessarily disingenuous, though to be honest, it can come across that way, and I think it works against him. I have never in my long life come across someone who has this same communication style. It's almost as though he's perpetually outside the events looking on, and letting us as 3rd-party or audience know what's happening play by play, lest we miss something he feels is key.

He'd probably be a terrific sportscaster. :)

JMO, IMO

[/B]

BBM

Perhaps that is indicative of some sort of "ruse." If a car pulled up and the occupant(s) asked for some type of assistance that would require two hands, maybe she carefully placed her phone on the ground? I could picture myself doing the same, especially If my running attire didn't have pockets, or I didn't want to fuss trying to secure it somewhere on my body.

Apologies if this has been suggested before; I'm new to the case and have not yet perused all of the threads.

I think, very early on, SP indicated through KP that she never saw their whole faces, so two women pulling up to ask for assistance wouldn’t make sense.

Thanks, Katydid, for this food for thought.

What do you make of the gunshot that Sherri heard?

I doubt that the other kidnapper was murdered, with that gunshot, because no body/murder has been reported during that time, and it makes no sense, that the kidnapper who did not want to commit murder would then commit one in defense of SP.

I think they had a showdown/confrontation, over what to do about their hostage. One of them got really angry and shot off a bullet. Maybe in the floor or towards the other, maybe as an attempt to show they were serious?

I can see that possibility. I also wondered if maybe she was kneeling or sitting and fixing her shoes or something, as they drove up. So her cell was already sitting there on the ground?

She may not have been too concerned to see 2 women stop to ask where the freeway entrance was, or something like that.

If two masked women approached me and I was alone on the road I would be concerned. I don't think she saw them.

How did that turn out. Did the suspect confess because there was no pressure on him?

A member of the public had reported seeing the boyfriend hanging around in a field a few times after Lauren's disappearance. LE also knew he had taken Lauren to that field just before her disappearance. They had noted many inconsistencies in his stories and found out he had other girlfriends. After the press conference LE found the body buried in that field and arrested the boyfriend for murder.

“The decision to allow him to participate in that news conference was a calculated decision made by detectives in this case, with the expressed purpose of seeing what he had to say,” [Montgomery County Police Chief Tom] Manger said. “It was done with the approval and knowledge of victim’s family.”...

David Waltemeyer, senior law enforcement project manager with the Police Foundation in Washington, says investigators can use press conferences to observe a suspect’s behavior. They can evaluate if a person pretends to be emotional, gives contradicting statements or makes any comments that seem out of the norm, he said.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/bs-md-press-conference-20170915-story.html

I think, very early on, SP indicated through KP that she never saw their whole faces, so two women pulling up to ask for assistance wouldn’t make sense.

But there are possible answers to that. There are ways a kidnapper could pull that off. for example, one woman in the passenger seat has face buried in GPS or map, the driver has big sunglasses, and SP is NOT looking at their faces at that time. She is just looking at the map, when suddenly a gun is pointed at her head. And she is told not to look at them?

Or SP is sitting and fixing her shoes, and the car pulls past her, pulls over, and one of them runs up from behind her and sticks the gun on her back?

Also, if the one 'nice' kidnapper, that eventually released her, was the only face she saw, just briefly, SP might feel conflicted about turning her in. Essentially, she 'saved her life' by confronting the one that wanted to dispose of SP. And put her own life on the line to drive her to safety. Maybe SP has a hard time 'betraying' that person. ?

Re: phone placement

With the initial reports of "faces covered" last year, I wondered what ruse the 2 female kidnappers could have used.

The sketch of the younger woman looks like a medical mask, & that would allow her earrings to show.

Did the kidnappers tell Sherri that they took a wrong turn on the way to a hospital or dialysis clinic?

Did she get in their SUV "just" to direct them back to the interstate, planning to run back home from there?

Most of us would want to help a sick person. Chemotherapy & other treatments can impact your immune system. Medical masks & one of them seeming ill might have been very convincing.

IDK and just thinking as I type, here, ideas that might have caused Sherri to get in a car with strangers?

YMMV LLR etc

Whether or not it's intentional, KP seems (to me) to have this odd quality--whether calling 911 or being interviewed--of communicating as though he's narrating a story. Often with elaborate, sometimes dramatic embellishments. It's not necessarily disingenuous, though to be honest, it can come across that way, and I think it works against him. I have never in my long life come across someone who has this same communication style. It's almost as though he's perpetually outside the events looking on, and letting us as 3rd-party or audience know what's happening play by play, lest we miss something he feels is key.

He'd probably be a terrific sportscaster. :)

JMO, IMO

I know a lot of people who communicate very much like him. But that's probably because my husband has worked in the Industry in Hollywood for 35 years now...:wink:

It's things like this that have people wondering. Why can't Sherri give a better description of the people who took her? Or of vehicles used to transport her?

The only thing that I can come up with is PTSD of some sort that is blocking her memory.

JMO

Yep, can't imagine anyone driving around with a bandanna on their face.

We don't know for sure they were both masked at the time.

One thing I do remember from many months ago is that SP told KP and/or investigators that the women “always wore masks”.

[/B]

BBM

The headphones being neatly placed on the ground has always bothered me too. It would not indicate a struggle IMO . If she wanted to fake an abduction and leave them for appearance sake wouldn't it have better suited that purpose to throw them on the ground in a tangled mess?

Placed neatly on the ground makes it seem more casual and calculated, not taken by surprise. Like she was taking a break, doing stretches, tying her shoes, holding or carrying something (or someone).Or as suggested here, someone asked her to assist them in some way. But to believe this, I would have to theorize that the faces were not hidden. Who would assist someone wearing masks?

So was she approached by someone she was familiar with?

I know we discussed all of this aspect of the headphones early on, but this in particular has always puzzled me from the beginning and never fit in with a sudden capture.

A member of the public had reported seeing the boyfriend hanging around in a field a few times after Lauren's disappearance. LE also knew he had taken Lauren to that field just before her disappearance. They had noted many inconsistencies in his stories and found out he had other girlfriends. After the press conference LE found the body buried in that field and arrested the boyfriend for murder.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/bs-md-press-conference-20170915-story.html
So the ruse was pointless because LE had evidence from other sources to make the arrest. Thanks.

A few articles with good summaries of the major inconsistencies, oddities, and open questions regarding her disappearance.

http://nypost.com/2017/10/25/cops-say-details-in-abducted-joggers-story-dont-add-up/

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2294597/sherri-papini-abduction-child-sex-traffickers-latest/

http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article180824671.html

So... here's my list...

1. Unknown male DNA found on her clothing, although she said she was kidnapped and held by two women.

2. A fight with one of the kidnappers, in which she suffered a cut foot. No cut or scar present when found.

3. Inability to describe kidnappers. Unlikelihood of kidnappers covering faces whole time.

4. Cut hair, presumably to cause humiliation, but only to shoulder length.

5. The mysterious man from Michigan, along with the (imo) very clear implication that the meet up planned was of the extramarital variety. Leads to questions regarding the possibility of other male acquaintances.

6. Lack of motive. No sexual assault. Not trafficking. Injuries, but comparatively limited in scope (released from hospital very quickly).

7. Phone and headphones neatly placed by road.

8. Inability to identify SUV/van.

9. Oddness of husband promising children she would be home for thanksgiving.

10. A jogger, but neighbors never saw her jogging.

11. Assorted questionable incidents in her past. (Which could be a whole list themselves)

12. The whole mystery donor and self styled kidnapping expert. (Again, could be a whole list)

13. The "perfect wife, perfect mother," along with the perfect social media pictures of the family, and the husband's unusual comments in post-disappearance interview (to the effect that he was repulsed by her injuries)

14. The similarities to the abduction of a high school classmate (who was later found murdered).

15. The early statement from someone in the local sheriff's office that a hoax could not be ruled out, which LE later denied.

16. The statistical rarity of two women kidnapping someone.

17. The weird similarity between the sketch of the suspects and the cowboy-style picture of the Papini family.

That's all I can remember offhand. Sad thing is, I know I'm forgetting a lot.

I'm reporting my post so mods can review and make sure I'm within guidelines.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

It's things like this that have people wondering. Why can't Sherri give a better description of the people who took her? Or of vehicles used to transport her?

The only thing that I can come up with is PTSD of some sort that is blocking her memory.

JMO

I think that when they let her go, they threatened her family if she ever gave a description or told where she was kept hostage. I wouldn't tell anyone either if I thought those violent people could come back and get my kids.

Re: phone placement

With the initial reports of "faces covered" last year, I wondered what ruse the 2 female kidnappers could have used.

The sketch of the younger woman looks like a medical mask, & that would allow her earrings to show.

Did the kidnappers tell Sherri that they took a wrong turn on the way to a hospital or dialysis clinic?

Did she get in their SUV "just" to direct them back to the interstate, planning to run back home from there?

Most of us would want to help a sick person. Chemotherapy & other treatments can impact your immune system. Medical masks & one of them seeming ill might have been very convincing.

IDK and just thinking as I type, here, ideas that might have caused Sherri to get in a car with strangers?

YMMV LLR etc
You would think with the aspects that she seems to be remembering and able to share with LE that the initial capture of her would be first and foremost for her to retell. Maybe this will be one those items LE said they would be disclosing later. I sure hope so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therealdrreid