Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be a number of things. Could be simply a bad choice of gentleman and he beat her up a couple times. Or perhaps willing bdsm that got out of hand.

Do you have a theory?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

No theroy at this time. I have no idea why someone would do this to Sherri.

What did they want her for? Three weeks and no sexual assault/trafficking/slavery.

I think the inexperienced, meth brained low level employees of a trafficking organization took her when they stumbled upon the opportunity. They saw a beautiful blonde, all alone on a deserted street.

Then they couldn't sell her or move her because of the huge amount of media coverage.

No sexual assault because they were 2 women, trying to break into the business as owners, not just low level employees.

Once they found they could not sell her under the highly publicized situation, they fought over what to do with her, until one of them released her.

Yes, I think the way LE released the info about Michigan Man implied there was something extramarital there. I doubt they would have released it otherwise.

Ok. But if this happened to me, then I have to assume I'd be immediately labeled as a **** by the public and WSers, who must have been meeting up with any number of multiple men, because my phone and my Facebook messenger are full of messages to and from old friends who happen to be male. In fact, I just reunited with one male friend I had lost contact with over 20 years ago.

I've been married 20 years and have always maintained friendships with both genders.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Yes, I think the way LE released the info about Michigan Man implied there was something extramarital there. I doubt they would have released it otherwise.

They don't fly halfway across the country and do an investigation (and then tell the public about it) if you've been in touch with an ex-coworker or old friend.

BBM; She started running again. I haven't listened to the 911 call, but did he really say this in the 911 call. I just find it odd you would mention that during a 911 call. What would it matter at all if she used to run, stopped running, then started "running again". That's totally irrelevant to anything.

Now that we can hear his 911 call I would like to hear what the folks who do statement analysis think of this.

I disagree though. I have heard several people say something similar or at least confused as to why they bothered to mention it.
We would have uncovered it. At some point we would likely see cell phone bills, leaked, published or otherwise.And not necessarily WS because we have scrup[les here. LE is Also very much aware of how social media spreads rumor and speculation as fact.Someone would end up creeping around this guy's house at some point.
With Michigan Man I think LE simply nipped that possibility in the bud.

JMO

My other theory is a drug binge. And this one I base on personal experience with a relative.

This family, close relations, always presented themselves as better than everyone else. They would put down relatives, criticize their habits, housekeeping, child rearing, etc. Relatives were often discpuraged, quite coldly, from visiting. There were a few odd incidents over the years. Wife went out on a girls night and came home with a black eye and broken arm. Got tipsy, apparently, and fell in the bathroom. She got migraines, and called me one evening when she was having a severe migraine to see if I had any old pain meds she could have. She lost a job or two, reasons unclear.

Turns out she was a complete drug addict. She would disappear on binges, was in and out of rehab, lost jobs because she stole money, tried to get the refills of meds prescribed to relatives. This all came out when they lost their house and had to move in with her mom. She died a year or so later. They raised three daughters, the oldest as a teen told her father to leave her mom, throw her out of their house, repeatedly. It was very, very bad and they hid it very, very well.

So.... some people will go to extraordinary lengths to hide drug abuse and present their family as perfect when the truth is very different.

Maybe a drug binge, and a cover story to "keep up appearances"

I am pretty certain LE gave her a tox screen. I wonder what they found?

I thought it was said no drugs were found? Or am I misremembering? Anyone remember if that was ever released?

They don't fly halfway across the country and do an investigation (and then tell the public about it) if you've been in touch with an ex-coworker or old friend.

So you're saying that LE could be lying that the man from Michigan is cleared in this case?

My other theory is a drug binge. And this one I base on personal experience with a relative.

This family, close relations, always presented themselves as better than everyone else. They would put down relatives, criticize their habits, housekeeping, child rearing, etc. Relatives were often discpuraged, quite coldly, from visiting. There were a few odd incidents over the years. Wife went out on a girls night and came home with a black eye and broken arm. Got tipsy, apparently, and fell in the bathroom. She got migraines, and called me one evening when she was having a severe migraine to see if I had any old pain meds she could have. She lost a job or two, reasons unclear.

Turns out she was a complete drug addict. She would disappear on binges, was in and out of rehab, lost jobs because she stole money, tried to get the refills of meds prescribed to relatives. This all came out when they lost their house and had to move in with her mom. She died a year or so later. They raised three daughters, the oldest as a teen told her father to leave her mom, throw her out of their house, repeatedly. It was very, very bad and they hid it very, very well.

So.... some people will go to extraordinary lengths to hide drug abuse and present their family as perfect when the truth is very different.

That reminds me of Rachel Mattice too. I can't remember the details in the end but I think someone speculated she stayed gone until it she was over the binge (as in appeared sober).

Another case I followed here seemed to be the same thing - she was caught on camera somewhere (and I mean like caught on camera buying drugs or handing something to someone), then disappeared, then showed up four days later and afaik we never found out what happened. People were searching for her though, including LE.

I'm sorry about what you went through with your relative.

I think the inexperienced, meth brained low level employees of a trafficking organization took her when they stumbled upon the opportunity. They saw a beautiful blonde, all alone on a deserted street.

Then they couldn't sell her or move her because of the huge amount of media coverage.

No sexual assault because they were 2 women, trying to break into the business as owners, not just low level employees.

Once they found they could not sell her under the highly publicized situation, they fought over what to do with her, until one of them released her.
Lots of easier victims, lots of easier ways...

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...d-study-prosecutions-2015oct31-htmlstory.html

I haven't heard of a case where a suburban mom was kidnapped into sex trafficking. Perhaps it does happen occasionally, but statistically it's very unlikely.

I disagree though. I have heard several people say something similar or at least confused as to why they bothered to mention it.
We would have uncovered it. At some point we would likely see cell phone bills, leaked, published or otherwise.And not necessarily WS because we have scrup[les here. LE is Also very much aware of how social media spreads rumor and speculation as fact.Someone would end up creeping around this guy's house at some point.
With Michigan Man I think LE simply nipped that possibility in the bud.

JMO

Thanks for your point of view.

It's very plausible that LE released the information about the man from Michigan to head off rumors of an extramarital affair involving a victim of a violent crime. JMO

Whether or not it's intentional, KP seems (to me) to have this odd quality--whether calling 911 or being interviewed--of communicating as though he's narrating a story. Often with elaborate, sometimes dramatic embellishments. It's not necessarily disingenuous, though to be honest, it can come across that way, and I think it works against him. I have never in my long life come across someone who has this same communication style. It's almost as though he's perpetually outside the events looking on, and letting us as 3rd-party or audience know what's happening play by play, lest we miss something he feels is key.

JMO, IMO

Thank you, well put. I have felt in the interviews he has done and now hearing the 911 call that there was something about his delivery that was not quite right and I'll leave it at that. While there are times I think that this won't be solved, at other times, I think there is going to be more to come.

Now that we can hear his 911 call I would like to hear what the folks who do statement analysis think of this.

Personally I don't.

I'm fine with WS members giving their opinion on Keith's 911 call but I don't believe it's a scientifically proven method that so called "experts" can use to pass judgement.

JMO

The only thing worse than living through a nightmare like this, would be to not be believed. To be ridiculed. So typical of our society to reduce violence against women to fabrication, and humiliation.

Something occured to me re Michigan Man. I think we all have the feeling that the police released that information for a reason. I recall posters suggesting it was to possibly increase pressure on the husband (from others to the possibly cuckolded husband) to spill the beans on any info he may have been holding back. I think that theory is quite plausible.

But something else I've wondered is if LE is releasing that information because doing so alerts other parties to the fact that they have (or are close to getting) information on the actual party or parties to blame. IOW, could that bit of information have caused someone else (not MM) to blanch at the realization that if LE knows A, they might (or may soon) know B and C as well.

Like, "Crap, if they know about that then they''ve somehow gotten access to those deleted messages. What if they've seen my messages?!" Thus putting pressure on the actual guilty party?

JUST MY OPINION and speculation ONLY.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

I'm reading through the Verified Insider's posts and came across one that might be relevant to the above discussion of drugs (BBM):

I will pass that along at the appropriate time in the appropriate way. And you are right about KP, I have nothing but respect for him. He probably lost almost as much weight as SP during her captivity and worked so hard trying to find Sherri, working with LE, and trying to get more publicity for his missing wife. I know there were dark times for him when the reality that SP may not be alive got through the mental barrier he had erected but he managed to push it aside and stay positive for the sake of his children and family. Fortunately he has a very supportive family also. Your comment about their world turned upside down is very insightful, none of them would of wished this ordeal, publicity and hurtful rumors on their worst enemy. The Papini's and extended family are good, law abiding people that don't owe money to drug dealers or loan sharks. And no doubt all of those angles were checked out by LE. The family came together as a team and each person did what they could in an attempt to assist in SP's safe return. And they were incredibly lucky it came to pass, no doubt about it.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ng-2-November-2016-19&p=12996639#post12996639

Do we have any indication from any LE or media source that Sherri was involved in drugs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catmom953