Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #11 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if there was NO other touch DNA or prints on her clothing or books but hers ? LE said that they had some forensics ? Is it possible that this is just semantics, and all the forensics belong to Sierra ?

* This is not what I believe,just trying to parse these convoluted comments...*

But then LE said that what they found could at some point help them with a suspect...?

I can't imagine what LE could have learned from forensics that would be giving hope to her parents...I just wonder if they are over-tired...JMO
Maybe LE told Marlene that they didn't find DNA that matched any of the local sex offenders or violent criminals.

I can't imagine what LE could have learned from forensics that would be giving hope to her parents...I just wonder if they are over-tired...JMO

I've been trying to wrap my head around this one..

I guess if forensic evidence came back that had no evidence of death that would have a parent hopeful... Maybe no blood??

if I was told no evidence of a strangers DNA.. That would make me hopeful. That maybe she ran away??

I can't think of anything else...

Maybe LE told Marlene that they didn't find DNA that matched any of the local sex offenders or violent criminals.

That is a possibility. I guess they could cling to that, even though most times, the criminal's DNA is not in the system...they might not know that.

When LE said there was no "direct hit"-do they mean in CODIS? Would that really have been run so quickly?

What if there was NO other touch DNA or prints on her clothing or books but hers ? LE said that they had some forensics ? Is it possible that this is just semantics, and all the forensics belong to Sierra ?

* This is not what I believe,just trying to parse these convoluted comments...*

I think that's a valid theory. Also, I was wondering if the phone was a possibility as to forensics, i.e. maybe they identified some communication not picked up on social media? Also, there is always the possibility that she initially went willingly with someone and tossed the phone and hid the clothes herself (perhaps, as has been suggested, to come back for them later?) and only after that, realized the person she was with had different intentions. It is hard to envision a scenario, though, that could cause her parents to feel hopeful.

Well, this was/is Sierra's fav. band and she was hoping to see them in concert on April 9th someplace...she and her friends seem to be really into the "rough" lyrics...

I almost think there is too much media on this case, if that is possible, as the wording is just different enough in each story to wonder if there is new info, or just bad wording, bad writing, sensationalism, or what have you...I have pretty much tried to stick to LE-only as far as what I am believing.
And I could almost swear that I heard one LEO say that the evidence came from either the phone or the clothes/bad, but would not say which. JMO

Is this the video you're looking for?

http://www.ktvu.com/videos/news/morgan-hill-forensic-lab-turns-up-clues-in-search/vGxkX/

In it Cardoza mentions the cell phone, clothing "and other evidence items" found, but he won't state which item or items yielded clues.

Thanks to askfornina for keeping the timeline thread.

CA Sierra Lamar, 15, Santa Clara County, 16 March 2012 timeline and media thread - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Is this the video you're looking for?

http://www.ktvu.com/videos/news/morgan-hill-forensic-lab-turns-up-clues-in-search/vGxkX/

In it Cardoza mentions the cell phone, clothing "and other evidence items" found, but he won't state which item or items yielded clues.

Thanks to askfornina for keeping the timeline thread.

CA Sierra Lamar, 15, Santa Clara County, 16 March 2012 timeline and media thread - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I think what I remember was a "quote" in an article...so who knows if it was even correctly reported...thanks.

The sheriff's office says Tuesday's dive missions are not related to new leads in the case, but there is relevant new information coming from the crime lab. Preliminary test results are back on evidence in the case.

"Although they're not specifying which evidence items led to these new leads, they are saying that they are positive, they are fruitful and that it has led to some additional leads for them to follow up on," Sgt. Jose Cardoza with the Santa Clara County Sheriff's Office said. http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/south_bay&id=8624669

Well that statement would not make me think she's alive.

Ok so what is now earlier article said they new it was hacked and LE was talking to them already which was right about the same time we see tweet it was a friend accidental tweet on her account and now this article.
No wonder we are all going crazy !!!!!!! Can I have my jacket with extra long sleeves now please and the rubber room

Well, if her account was hacked, it certainly was an excellent demonstration as to how her Twitter account could have been hacked or posted by someone else on the day she disappeared, also.

The sheriff's office says Tuesday's dive missions are not related to new leads in the case, but there is relevant new information coming from the crime lab. Preliminary test results are back on evidence in the case.

"Although they're not specifying which evidence items led to these new leads, they are saying that they are positive, they are fruitful and that it has led to some additional leads for them to follow up on," Sgt. Jose Cardoza with the Santa Clara County Sheriff's Office said. http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/south_bay&id=8624669

Well that statement would not make me think she's alive.

It also doesn't make sense to think that only Sierra's DNA/prints were found, from this statement. Sierra-only might be a good feeling for her folks, but not helpful to LE as far as possible future POI as far as I can tell. JMO

Well, if her account was hacked, it certainly was an excellent demonstration as to how her Twitter account could also have been hacked or posted by someone else on the day she disappeared, also.

If someone had the ability to hack her account or had her password, would they also be able to delete any messages or pms before LE began forensics on her devices?

I wonder that partly because my DD knows friends whose boyfriends demand to know their passwords as a way to make sure the girlfriends are not 'talking to' other guys.

Well, if her account was hacked, it certainly was an excellent demonstration as to how her Twitter account could have been hacked or posted by someone else on the day she disappeared, also.

Really good point :rocker:

Honestly, I must be like George Costanza...I can't think of a scenario where I would tell anyone my private passwords, unless it was for a shared bank account...JMO

Why would kids share passwords?? Makes no sense to me. JMO

If someone had the ability to hack her account or had her password, would they also be able to delete any messages or pms before LE began forensics on her devices?

I wonder that partly because my DD knows friends whose boyfriends demand to know their passwords as a way to make sure the girlfriends are not 'talking to' other guys.

The answer is yes if they can get into her account they can alter it and delete messages or send them.

In Samantha Koenig's murder case, we just learned tonight that the murderer was sending texts to make it sound like they came from Sam...

That is a possibility. I guess they could cling to that, even though most times, the criminal's DNA is not in the system...they might not know that.

When LE said there was no "direct hit"-do they mean in CODIS? Would that really have been run so quickly?

Can the dna collected show that she was still living when it came to be on the item? I am thinking back to the Caylee Anthony case and death banding on hair found and stuff like that. Maybe there is no evidence of a death?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500