Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #2 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Nancy Grace they also reported that the doors were locked, so makes it seem less likely.. but like you said anything is possible.

I wonder what kind of locks. Were they bolt locks that required keys? If so, were the keys found in the purse?

Looking at these intersections where the phone was found and then where the bag was found, it indicates to me the vehicle was traveling from Sierra's house in the direction of San Jose. If it is revealed that there is a lot of urine on the clothes, IMO it would indicate something happened to her very early on.

IMO the vehicle likely turned right on Santa Teresa and then drove up to Bailey where it may have turned right again and got onto 101. Could have gone north to San Jose from there or south towards Gilroy, then on to who knows where.

sarx question for ya:

it has been reported that dogs lost her scent at the end of the driveway... she went missing on a friday but all that week she would have been walking to and from the bus stop..wouldn't the dogs have picked up her scent from other days she walked to the bus stop that week?

tia

Also it had been raining that week so would that affect the trail(s)?

IMO the vehicle likely turned right on Santa Teresa and then drove up to Bailey where it may have turned right again and got onto 101. Could have gone north to San Jose from there or south towards Gilroy, then on to who knows where.

Yes, I agree. Guess I had San Jose on my brain because I'd read that her mother's boyfriend once lived there.

ETA: I also noted the Calero Reservoir is in that vicinity too - left turn on Bailey Avenue

Good question Nurse.
These dogs frequently work urban settings and are generally pretty reliable when it comes to this kind of scenario. They have been trained to pick up the "freshest" scent (much like if you put old and new roses on the table near each other you can hone in on the fresh ones pretty quickly).

In terms of the rain. The light amount they got over there is actually a great thing for the dogs, it settles the scent down and concentrates it so to speak, keeping it from drying up in the sun and heat or blowing away.

It can be difficult to deal with frequented paths like those leaving a house, but dogs around here train for it and the handlers are generally pretty good at being able to read their dogs and say "she's spinning in circles and can't get out of it" or "we just went from foot to car" or "she's wafting around like she's on old trails".

I'm glad they are searching a 3 mi radius around the house. How many cases have there been where the body was located close by....

Good question Nurse.
These dogs frequently work urban settings and are generally pretty reliable when it comes to this kind of scenario. They have been trained to pick up the "freshest" scent (much like if you put old and new roses on the table near each other you can hone in on the fresh ones pretty quickly).

In terms of the rain. The light amount they got over there is actually a great thing for the dogs, it settles the scent down and concentrates it so to speak, keeping it from drying up in the sun and heat or blowing away.

Thanks sarx. I recall I believe the dogs name was Yogi? ?? and they said then that actually the light rain helped in that case IIRC.

These animals and their handlers continue to amaze me.

Looking at these intersections where the phone was found and then where the bag was found, it indicates to me the vehicle was traveling from Sierra's house in the direction of San Jose. If it is revealed that there is a lot of urine on the clothes, IMO it would indicate something happened to her very early on.

I hope they find the guy wanted in Walnut Creek. Wondering if he decided to move on to another town since he couldn't succeed in WC. Maybe the guy lives somewhere in between the two towns.

Good question Nurse.

thank you Sarx ((((((()))))))

so assuming the dogs had the 'freshest rose' scent and lost her at the end of the driveway that seems like she got into a vehicle at that point..... remember those dogs that were able to follow Amber Dubois scent while she was in the car....? Can dogs do this or would windows have to be rolled down, etc?

Who found her purse? Searchers or a passerby?

Also...what was found closer to home? Purse or phone? Is there a map made up showing these locations?

I hope they find the guy wanted in Walnut Creek. Wondering if he decided to move on to another town since he couldn't succeed in WC. Maybe the guy lives somewhere in between the two towns.

I confused I live in the Bay area what guy in Walnut Creek?

Windows down certainly makes it easier, but no. It is also something you have to train for, and some don't on purpose so if the dog stops they can make an educated guess as to why. Even those of us who do train for it will readily admit it is or hit and miss and variables come into play BIG time.

The searchers found the purse I believe.

Martha is in connection with this case
http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Womans-Body-Found-in-San-Benito-County-143844466.html

Has Hollye or anyone else done a map already with the PLS, the phone, the purse, the bus stop etc?

Doh. I just realized he specifically said they were looking for tire tracks. That reinforces to me that she was taken in a vehicle.

Windows down certainly makes it easier, but no. It is also something you have to train for, and some don't on purpose so if the dog stops they can make an educated guess as to why. Even those of us who do train for it will readily admit it is or hit and miss and variables come into play BIG time.

The searchers found the purse I believe.

http://www.sanbenitocountytoday.com...cle_a88e992e-95f0-5b52-909d-153004a098b9.html
Nor is the rain a significant factor for search-and-rescue tracking dogs who attempted to find LaMar by her scent Saturday morning, Smith added. The dogs lost Sierra’s scent at the end of her driveway, where it connects with the closest road, Paquita Espana Court. The driveway is at the end of the court, in a cul-de-sac.*
“What this could possibly mean is she may have been picked up by someone or may have even been abducted at the end of her driveway,” Smith said. He added that the dogs used in the search have a history of being “very accurate” in pinpointing precise trails and areas where their target scent might be found.*
While the rain could even “hold the scent down” or preserve it, Smith noted that time and wind can weaken the scent the dogs are tracking.*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500