Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #2 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Confirmation has just come in that the body found is that of Martha Gutierez.

I have some real concerns about the Uvas Canyon area (Mckean Rd/Uvas Rd). It is seriously remote up there with lots of area to be left undisturbed.

Windows down certainly makes it easier, but no. It is also something you have to train for, and some don't on purpose so if the dog stops they can make an educated guess as to why. Even those of us who do train for it will readily admit it is or hit and miss and variables come into play BIG time.

The searchers found the purse I believe.

Martha is in connection with this case
http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Womans-mBody-Found-in-San-Benito-County-143844466.html

Thank you

Can't believe the sheriff is still saying:

"Cardoza said the case is still being treated as a missing person's case because there is no evidence of an abduction or that she ran away. "

http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-co...onging-missing-morgan-hill?source=most_viewed

Seems a better choice would be "endangered missing person" - and IMO very endangered considering what teen would toss her phone and fancy purse.
This does not look good, sadly.

Looking at the map, it seems to me someone picked her up at her driveway and drove the route to the bus stop but kept going. Phone is tossed out shortly after then the bag and clothes a few miles later. Heading up Santa Teresa goes to the 101. :(

I think maybe she was forced to take off her clothes and she put them in the bag and whoever took her ditched them on the way out of town. I just don't have a good feeling about this.

IMHO

Can't believe the sheriff is still saying:

"Cardoza said the case is still being treated as a missing person's case because there is no evidence of an abduction or that she ran away. "

http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-co...onging-missing-morgan-hill?source=most_viewed

Seems a better choice would be "endangered missing person" - and IMO very endangered considering what teen would toss her phone and fancy purse.
This does not look good, sadly.

I have a very strong feeling that this is one of those cases where they have WAY more information than they are releasing and are purposely playing it very close to the vest. This is a pretty well run SO that has a lot of experience with stuff like this, so blundering it would surprise me (though nothing is impossible).

Thinking about the location the purse was found in relation to the cell phone. It seems if they were heading northwest on Santa Theresa, once they got to Bailey, take a right and that would go to 101...if they were taking that route...the cell phone would have been found on the west side of the road (thrown from the driver's side) perhaps the perp threw the phone out right away and if it is someone local, when they were then returning to the area and got rid of the bag (found on the east side which would be the driver's side) on the way back home??

Interesting that the bag was found on Sunday and we are just hearing about it. I wonder if they were keeping it on the downlow to see if anyone went near the area it was found?

I don't get the question about urine on the clothes???

Looking at the map, it seems to me someone picked her up at her driveway and drove the route to the bus stop but kept going. Phone is tossed out shortly after then the bag and clothes a few miles later. Heading up Santa Teresa goes to the 101. :(

I think maybe she was forced to take off her clothes and she put them in the bag and whoever took her ditched them on the way out of town. I just don't have a good feeling about this.

IMHO

I agree with the first part. I think someone met her at her driveway and took off with her. But I am not sure that she took those clothes off. I think she may have had extra clothing with her, but not cuz she was running away. Just because it was Friday and she planned on going to Fremont, to see her sister and her old friends.

But I don't have a good feeling about this either. I wonder if it is someone on her street who has been watching her. A neighbor could seem safe enough to catch a ride to school with/

Are there ANY cameras that capture cars getting on 101? Or any of the roads near by? Based on how long it would take to get from her house to 101 they could review tapes of cars getting on 101 to see if that leads anywhere.

The purse being found kinda stumps me. I understand tossing out a cell so no one can call for help or be tracked, but throwing out the purse just leaves a trail and seems unnecessary. :confused:

IMHO

I disagree about the clothes . It was stated they were folded in the bag. It sounds like the clothes were and extra set not what she was wearing.

I disagree about the clothes . It was stated they were folded in the bag. It sounds like the clothes were and extra set not what she was wearing.

If they were extra clothes, I'd think she'd have a makeup bag, pajamas, underwear, etc too. Especially if she's going to see friends.

I have a 14yr old DD and i'm trying to figure out how something like this could have happened if it was by someone she may have known. A few things are going thru my head. 1st. My DD is not allowed to get in cars with other young drivers (including my nephew) if Sierra is, maybe a friend asked to borrow clothes etc and came to the house and picked her up, possible other friend or b/friend was in the car and it was a setup jealousy kind of thing. My children are allowed to get rides from parents that I know and before then get in their cars they MUST text/call me to let me know who that parent is. Now in this case, a parent could have pulled up and without Sierra realizing that there was nobody else in the car, she's trapped. Again, just throwing some ideas out there. This is all of course GUESSING or IMO and I hope I was able to get my thoughts out there correctly. UGH. Such a sad situation

The purse being found kinda stumps me. I understand tossing out a cell so no one can call for help or be tracked, but throwing out the purse just leaves a trail and seems unnecessary. :confused:

Perhaps someone who didn't realize they still had it until the last minute and had to ditch it carelessly.

Or maybe they weren't sure what was in the purse (something else traceable) so it was thrown as well.

thank you Sarx ((((((()))))))

so assuming the dogs had the 'freshest rose' scent and lost her at the end of the driveway that seems like she got into a vehicle at that point..... remember those dogs that were able to follow Amber Dubois scent while she was in the car....? Can dogs do this or would windows have to be rolled down, etc?

Teenage girl... headed to school... ??? freshly washed hair, recent application of scented deoderant, lotion, perfume even???

:moo:no offense anyone but it sounds TO ME like the dog mistakenly tracked the mom!
I wonder if they use the same perfumes etc...

maybe send in another dog? ehh prob too late now...:banghead:

Are there ANY cameras that capture cars getting on 101? Or any of the roads near by? Based on how long it would take to get from her house to 101 they could review tapes of cars getting on 101 to see if that leads anywhere.

101 is a major Highway here. I would lay odds on any given day over 50,000 cars travel it in the morning a that is a light guess . And not knowing what exit from her house maybe 5000 from Morgan Hill as many people commute from there to San Jose. It would be looking for a needle in a haystack

I agree. That seems really odd. Why not dispose of the purse somewhere more discreet than out in the open like that. It could have been burned or placed in a garbage bag and put in a dumpster somewhere. But right out and kind of in the open seems strange to me.

It is much like the Holly Bobo case, which is not a good thing. :mad:

Teenage girl... headed to school... ??? freshly washed hair, recent application of scented deoderant, lotion, perfume even???

:moo:no offense anyone but it sounds TO ME like the dog mistakenly tracked the mom!
I wonder if they use the same perfumes etc...

maybe send in another dog?/B] ehh prob too late now...:banghead:

Not sure what you are saying??? If I confused anyone with the rose analogy I am sorry, didn't mean the dogs were sniffing out the smells of roses or any other thing other than scent particles.

Dogs are perfectly capable of ignoring shampoo, deoderant, lotion, perfume, food, etc. It's what we train for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500