Can any Journalist ask John the hard questions?

LionRun said:
Thanks Jayelles and Ames! Yes, I found acandyrose a few days back when some nice person referred me.

I've read various interviews among other things. I remember the part in two interviews (one w/ PR, one w/ JR) where the possibility of sexual abuse was brought up by LE. I got the impression that they were shocked and angered by that JonBenet had possibly been previously sexually abused. At the time I though I might react similarly. I would be asking millions of questions about WHAT LE knew--specifically because LE didn't seem definitive.

If LE told me they THINK my daughter was abused I would demand what gives them reason to think that. If there were no conclusive forensic proof I would want to know WHY they think it to determine if it were an actual possibility. I would probably go through some denial. And I may have thoughts like, "How can it be? I always know where she is, and I trust each person that is ever with her alone. If it is true why wouldn't I see any signs? Were there signs I overlooked? If I believed it to be true, then I would probably say things like, "I want to know who the excuse for a subhuman is who hurt my beautiful daughter--and neuter him myself!" Then I would look back to the bed wetting, having already heard that bed wetting can in some cases be indicative of sexual abuse. Then again I had already heard that. I don't know if PR or JR did.

I will go right now and try to find the Le statements of possible SA/PR and JR again. I will put myself in there place to see if I think differently after what others have posted. Maybe I overlooked one or more things. All I know is I want to know the truth. I am on the fence; but have always had the gut feeling that they didn't have any idea initially who did it and that they were innocent. I never had access to all of the info (autopsy, ransom note, interviews w/ LE, etc..) until recently. And, by nature I look at things objectively when I am aware of that need. That is what I am doing now. Starting fresh. Reviewing the facts.

Darn, I hope this case is solved legally one day. It's already driving me nuts, and I just started.
You are welcome! Its always good to be objective when looking at this case. LOL...yes, I agree with you...I hope its solved legally one day REAL SOON....because its also driving me NUTS!!!

Ames said:
You are welcome! Its always good to be objective when looking at this case. LOL...yes, I agree with you...I hope its solved legally one day REAL SOON....because its also driving me NUTS!!!
Count me in, I am as mad as a hatter.

coloradokares said:
Count me in, I am as mad as a hatter.
CK, I was curious as to if JB is a subject of people in Colorado everyday. I know that since the murder happened there, her memory will never die. But, I am curious to know if most of the people of Colorado are as fired up about this case as you are? I sure do hope so....then, maybe,.... just maybe....there could eventually be justice for JonBenet AFTERALL.

coloradokares said:
Not ....what sexual abuse? But instead "How did you know that?"
Reminds me of the time I was speeding along the highway, smugly patting my radar detector, when the next thing I knew, I was being pulled over by a cop. As the officer appeared at my window demanding license and registration, I didn't say "was I speeding?" or "how fast was I going?", I said "How did you catch me?"

"How did you know that?" :waitasec:

sandraladeda said:
Reminds me of the time I was speeding along the highway, smugly patting my radar detector, when the next thing I knew, I was being pulled over by a cop. As the officer appeared at my window demanding license and registration, I didn't say "was I speeding?" or "how fast was I going?", I said "How did you catch me?"

That was a great analogy, sandraladeda!

-Tea

Ames said:
CK, I was curious as to if JB is a subject of people in Colorado everyday. I know that since the murder happened there, her memory will never die. But, I am curious to know if most of the people of Colorado are as fired up about this case as you are? I sure do hope so....then, maybe,.... just maybe....there could eventually be justice for JonBenet AFTERALL.
I wish I could say everyone has the same heart and passion as I do. No ... I think once they did but that became defeatism as nothing was done. Yet many remain passionate and we talk and we try to get something done. Now with the John Mark Karr thing people are fired up again for a time and maybe with the anniversary, I think their is real hope with the new Governoship. If Bill Ritter is motivated to get involved. One thing is sure. Mary Lacy has got the voters attention between JMK and the Jason Midyette thing. Time will tell....

sandraladeda said:

LOL!!!:clap: GOOD ONE!! Hopefully he didn't write you a ticket, because he was laughing too hard.

icedtea4me said:
especially if Patsy, at that moment, viewed JonBenet as being the pick-up (i.e. *advertiser censored*, hooker) who took her place.

-Tea
She sounded like the jealous type to me.Like why wouldn't she comfort JR after his oldest daughter died? I suspect maybe she was jealous that his lost daughter was forefront in his mind at the time...and she wasn't.

Not to mention Patsy's comment about needing to overcome cancer so that the "blonde b!tch" down the street didn't get John.

You know what I found interesting about DOI? John's serious need to spend more of the book talking about Beth and mourning her than anything else. Just check out the difference in the way he dealt with the losses of two daughters - his oldest, grown when she died, and his youngest, still basically a baby when she died. He goes on and on about how inconsolable he was over the loss of Beth, and how it's still affecting his life to that day, and IMO he doesn't express half of that over JonBenet. Rather than discuss JonBenet herself and what she had been like (which was I was hoping to find in DOI), he discusses Beth and how he hasn't gotten over her untimely death and how JonBenet's murder and subsequent reaction of the police and media is ruining his life.

If John was half as obsessed about losing Beth as he portrays himself to have been in DOI, then I'm sure Patsy probably felt a little jealous about it, and probably didn't share the depths of grief that John did, so I imagine she distanced herself to let John sort it out.

Nuisanceposter said:
Not to mention Patsy's comment about needing to overcome cancer so that the "blonde b!tch" down the street didn't get John.

You know what I found interesting about DOI? John's serious need to spend more of the book talking about Beth and mourning her than anything else. Just check out the difference in the way he dealt with the losses of two daughters - his oldest, grown when she died, and his youngest, still basically a baby when she died. He goes on and on about how inconsolable he was over the loss of Beth, and how it's still affecting his life to that day, and IMO he doesn't express half of that over JonBenet. Rather than discuss JonBenet herself and what she had been like (which was I was hoping to find in DOI), he discusses Beth and how he hasn't gotten over her untimely death and how JonBenet's murder and subsequent reaction of the police and media is ruining his life.

If John was half as obsessed about losing Beth as he portrays himself to have been in DOI, then I'm sure Patsy probably felt a little jealous about it, and probably didn't share the depths of grief that John did, so I imagine she distanced herself to let John sort it out.
I was talking to a friend of mine last night, on the phone. She is not into this case, so she doesn't know all of the facts. She thinks that an intruder probably did it....BUT...she said that she watched John Ramsey on Larry King Live, and that she couldn't figure out why he didn't act real concerned...or upset over JB's death. She said, "I don't care if your child was murdered 10 years ago or 30 years ago...its something that you would never get over...and that you should be screaming mad, that no arrest has been made". I told her about this board, and the RDI theory, and I think that I have got her convinced now, that there was NO intruder. She didn't know about the pineapple, or the large undies....just to name a couple of things that she had no clue about. I just thought that it was interesting that she was IDI....but, STILL thought that John's behavior and actions didn't seem to fit with an angry parent of a murdered child.

That's it exactly, Ames...his reaction to Beth's death is expected of a parent that has lost a child and has to cope with it - but his reaction to JonBenet's murder is completely opposite of what you would expect. Beth's death was an accident that occurred far from home, and JonBenet's death was a murder that happened in his own home while he was home...and within two weeks he's on tv saying they're not angry and want to get on with their lives?

He still hasn't gotten over Beth being killed in a highway accident and he's ready to move on with his life when helpless defenseless JonBenet is assaulted and murdered in her own home, where she should be the safest of all. And ten years later he's saying if there's never a resolution he's okay with that? Unbelievable. What ever happened to having finding the killer as the sole mission for the rest of his life? Apparently golf is more important.

I feel so bad for JonBenet that her older sister's death meant so much to her father and her murder seemed to mean so little. That book was not about JonBenet at all - it was about John and Patsy and how JR had to get over Beth's death and how the police and media persecuted him when he didn't act for one minute like the parent of a child murdered by an intruder.

Just sickening. I'm glad people are hearing there's more to the story than what the RST wants everyone to believe. I hope your friend finds all the info she needs to see what the truth in this case is.

Nuisanceposter said:
That's it exactly, Ames...his reaction to Beth's death is expected of a parent that has lost a child and has to cope with it - but his reaction to JonBenet's murder is completely opposite of what you would expect. Beth's death was an accident that occurred far from home, and JonBenet's death was a murder that happened in his own home while he was home...and within two weeks he's on tv saying they're not angry and want to get on with their lives?
Seems he would be more fired up about JB's death, considering she was just a baby, and she was murdered in his home, right under his nose. He acts so nonchalant about it, like JB wasn't even his child. (Do we know for a fact, that she WAS his child?) Maybe ....she was never wanted by him for some reason. Maybe Patsy got pregnant with her, and John was not too pleased about it...or maybe JB was an "accident". I am just trying to figure out why he seems to not care as much about her, as he did Beth. It makes no sense.

He still hasn't gotten over Beth being killed in a highway accident and he's ready to move on with his life when helpless defenseless JonBenet is assaulted and murdered in her own home, where she should be the safest of all. And ten years later he's saying if there's never a resolution he's okay with that? Unbelievable. What ever happened to having finding the killer as the sole mission for the rest of his life? Apparently golf is more important.
For someone to say that they would be "OKAY with there never being a resolution" is unbelievable. I think that he HOPES that there will never be a resolution, because he knows that his butt would be in prison if there ever was one. As far as golf...yes, that is one of the reasons that I compare John with OJ Simpson....he too, thought that he could find the "killer" out on the golf course.

I feel so bad for JonBenet that her older sister's death meant so much to her father and her murder seemed to mean so little. That book was not about JonBenet at all - it was about John and Patsy and how JR had to get over Beth's death and how the police and media persecuted him when he didn't act for one minute like the parent of a child murdered by an intruder.
I have never read their book, and have no desire to do so...because of this reason. I have heard SO MANY times, that it was ALL about them, THEIR suffering...and Beth.

Just sickening. I'm glad people are hearing there's more to the story than what the RST wants everyone to believe. I hope your friend finds all the info she needs to see what the truth in this case is.
I cannot believe how many people are misinformed about this case...

Ames said:
For someone to say that they would be "OKAY with there never being a resolution" is unbelievable. I think that he HOPES that there will never be a resolution, because he knows that his butt would be in prison if there ever was one. As far as golf...yes, that is one of the reasons that I compare John with OJ Simpson....he too, thought that he could find the "killer" out on the golf course.
LOL, maybe that's why John on Dec 27 asked if they got his golf bag from his home?

ST, p. 48:

John was overheard to ask someone quietly, "Did you get my golf bag?" When I learned of that statement, it seemed totally out of order. There had been two golf bags in the house, but he had not specified which one he wanted. Neither bag was collected by the police. Moreover, it was winter in Colorado, Michigan and Georgia, not exactly optimal golfing conditions. Why would a man whose daughter had just been murdered be wanting his golf clubs anyway? I wondered waht else might have been in the bag that was so imortant that Ramsey would even think to ask about it."

Too bad no journalist asked John why getting his golf bag was so important to him in that situation ...

I want to add that I also thought that it was odd, that while JB was "missing", John went and got the mail, and opened and read it. Now if YOUR child was missing, would you be THAT concerned about reading your mail? It would be the LAST thing on MY mind. (I actually read on one board, where an IDI said that John was reading it, in case he got something from the "kidnapper". :rolleyes: Man, that sure would have been one quick mail carrier...too bad they are not that fast around here!)

rashomon said:
LOL, maybe that's why John on Dec 27 asked if they got his golf bag from his home?

ST, p. 48:

John was overheard to ask someone quietly, "Did you get my golf bag?" When I learned of that statement, it seemed totally out of order. There had been two golf bags in the house, but he had not specified which one he wanted. Neither bag was collected by the police. Moreover, it was winter in Colorado, Michigan and Georgia, not exactly optimal golfing conditions. Why would a man whose daughter had just been murdered be wanting his golf clubs anyway? I wondered waht else might have been in the bag that was so imortant that Ramsey would even think to ask about it."

Too bad no journalist asked John why getting his golf bag was so important to him in that situation ...
Apparently he never cared about JB...his golf was more important to him, than she was. I, too, believe his golf bag contained some very important evidence.

There is no evidence linking an intruder to the ransom note, what evidence there is, links all three residents of the Ramsey household.

Nuisanceposter said:

well-said.he seemed to deal with JB's death in a businesslike manner.
I also kept expecting them to say they loved Burke as much as they did JB...but they never did.
was PR possibly jealous of blonds for some reason?she dressed like marilyn monroe once.

rashomon said:

ST, p. 48:

If he kept it in the basment,then my guess is there was glass from the window (he broke)in it.

Ames said:
Seems he would be more fired up about JB's death, considering she was just a baby, and she was murdered in his home, right under his nose. He acts so nonchalant about it, like JB wasn't even his child. (Do we know for a fact, that she WAS his child?) Maybe ....she was never wanted by him for some reason. Maybe Patsy got pregnant with her, and John was not too pleased about it...or maybe JB was an "accident". I am just trying to figure out why he seems to not care as much about her, as he did Beth. It makes no sense.
In DOI,JR says that as his oldest child,Beth had a special place in his heart.
I have all the 'first-time having a baby' memories from my first child,but I love both of mine equally.
I have also wondered if JB was indeed JR's..but I guess with the dna testing ,they would know,since they ruled him out as the dna source(?)
Since JR was older than PR and already had 3 kids,maybe he just went along with having more b/c PR wanted kids of her own.and by the time he got to the 5th one,he was worn out/worn down as a parent(?) PR did say he had the big v done in DOI.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels
Back