Can someone explain to me on WHAT basis was Darin cleared??

To all law enforcement personal involved in this case:
This case has twisted me up inside as I'm sure seeing it and living it has done to you too. I finally realize what a tough job it is and why so many of you guys stick together like a band of brothers. Unless you have walked in your shoes no one can really understand just how draining and emotionally taxing a LE career is. I have posted some things questioning your abilities talents and maybe even your legimate parentage. For this I owe you a bigger apology than I can express in words alone.
I now can see that even those officers who might have seemed indifferent and cold it is the blanket of safety you must throw around yourselves to protect your own mental health and remain objective. That blanket happens to have some stars and stripes on it too. Maybe those who curse you today and yesterday will come to respect you tomorrow or the next day.
Once again I have been wrong about the jobs you do, quick to anger when I disagreed, in other words I have been disrespectful
and I can't apologize enough. I ask for your forgiveness because now I see.
I'm working on Peace for my own soul and wish peace to be with you as well.

OK back to the case now.
Darin and Darlie both lied about the fighting. They would have had to get together at some time to agree to not reveal the fighting, can you hear me now ( every pun intended).
When:
When did they conspire to hide the fight. At home before Darlie called 911 remember an officer or a 911 operator was present or on the line from x to y time.
At the hospital? Only you folks who were there must can answer these questions because only you can find the answers. When were they alone together to conspire to hide the fighting?
At what time BEFORE they were questioned did they have enough time to agree not to reveal the fighting. It is obvious that Darlie is not a good liar you guys tripped her up too well.Pardo's lie detector said Darin wasn't truthful either. Lying is an act of trying to cover something up -correct.
Was she covering up a murder or just the fight or insurance scam plans , what was the fight about?
Do both stories about the fight match up or have they been questioned about it yet. I can't quote everyone but the cops and DA hate him- come on they have enough compassion to recognize survivors guilt and they wouldn't hate him without GOOD REASON.
This hard for me to say especially after my last post but maybe the cops and DA have a sub concious reason they haven't dealt with yet that gives them that hate. Maybe they have that cops instinct that tells them something isn't right here but like me they just can't put a finger on it yet.
Maybe being wrong or maybe wrong isn't the right word but so completly certain that they still harbor some suspician about Darin too. If this is the case don't feel bad don't blame yourselves. You could be dealing with a mind that is very cunning and staying one step ahead at all times.
Once again I have used a shotgun blast approach here
DP
What we do have here is a sworn statement by Darin that he had in the past ( the jag) tried to pull off an insurance scam. He also had plans to do it again and admits he told Mr Kee about it and even asked for his assistance in locating someone to help. Who is to say he didn't ask other people too, other people who might have actually helped him and won't admit it cause it would implicate them as well.
Maye I'm reading more into than can be proven but don't you find it fishy that they both DON'T report the tiff they had. If it was ilrelevant to the murders or insurance scam why lie about or with hold that information. A deeper reason would have to exist. Couples have fights all the time even now Mr R and I get into as well. Darlie grew up seeing Darlie and Denny fighting then going thru a divorce surely she knows all couples have fights and fighting is NORMAL it doesn't make you guilty of murder but lying about something so mundane sure makes red flags pop up in my mind. Both parties not admitting it also raises my flag too. They both would have had to agree at some point to NOT to reveal this fact. If the fight had nothing to do with the murders or insurance scam then it wouldn't be in the least bit damning.

Jane, I'd love to be able to respond to your posts, but they're too convoluted. Can you split them up and try and stick to one thought per paragraph?

Thanks.

Of course you are fully entitled to your own opinions, thoughts and ideas.

But speaking for myself, there was and is no evidence to convict Darin.

Darin did not tell a "self serving fictional" story to the Police to cover up his crime.

Darlie is where she belongs, actually I believe that she should have been put down years ago. So she is not where she belongs, she belongs 8 feet under.

There has been speculation that Darin knowns more then he has let on, but I would say that the information that he has with held is not in the "favor" of Darlie.

If Darin did speak up about that information, that there would be "no" cult of Darlie supporters, whom have been manipulated and conned into thinking that this poor "ole" Mom, is a victim.

She is still alive and on death row and the two innocent boys are dead, even before they began to fully experience life. Who is the real victim.

Darin knowns that Darlie killed their sons, but "I put money" that she blamed him, that he "forced" to her to it, that is is his fault, etc. Therefore, he "protected" his wife, all the while feeling guilt that he may have "caused" her to harm the boys....

Also, she has probably said: When I get out, I will be the mother to my son. So don't do anything to ensure that I don't get out, as our son needs his Mother.......

You don't think that lying about the fight that night is self serving?
You don't see sending Drake down to Lubbock while he stayed at Mama Darlie's to "help out" Mama Darlie mount her defense and from what I've heard from her years ago when he lived there the work he did do could also have been accomplished on the weekends. In other words he could have come to Lubbock and spent more time with Drake who obviously needed him more than Mama Darlie did, as self serving?
I don't mean this to sound like I don't value your opinion I do this is for rebuttal purposes so despite my objections to your opinion I still find it important to this discussion and I value it.
Mr. r and i have been married nearly 30 years and we weren't very mature in our early marriage. I too fell victim to that you made me do it attitude, however despite our immaturity my constant comeback to his blaming me even at an early age was somewhat sarcastic in nature. Oh gee Babe
I'm glad you assign me the power of a Goddess cause I really am one , but I can't really "control" what you are doing cause if I could you would be behaving very differently.
That kind of it is all your fault attitude seems to work better on woman than men IMO. Men are raised to believe they have the power otherwise Freud would never have come to the conclusion that women have "penis envy" JMO.

I need a break guys and I have been invited to luncheon by a friend I will be back in an hour or two so don't take my absence as an insult or avoidance a girl has gotta eat ya know.

GIRJANE - If you read the first of the transcripts, you will read were one of the LE (I believe the first on the scene) stated that he had Darlie and Darin move to the sliding glass door toward the back of the living room. He stated as they were sitting there, they were in some sort of discussion. He could not hear what was being said but they were in-fact talking. SO IMO this is when "they" decided to protect Darlie.

GIRJANE - If you read the first of the transcripts, you will read were one of the LE (I believe the first on the scene) stated that he had Darlie and Darin move to the sliding glass door toward the back of the living room. He stated as they were sitting there, they were in some sort of discussion. He could not hear what was being said but they were in-fact talking. SO IMO this is when "they" decided to protect Darlie.

Bingo There is a verifiable time that the 2 of them could have agreed to not reveal they were fighting.

Consider that it took Darin AND Mr. Kee six years to suddenly 'remember' that Darin had asked about a burglary scheme.

Consider that it took Darin AND Mr. Kee six years to suddenly 'remember' that Darin had asked about a burglary scheme.

Remember or finally admit it. It is obvious that such info would have looked really bad to all I'm sure Darin if somehow involved in the murders wouldn't want it revealed and Mr. Kee .... who can really say why he wouldn't reveal it. Maybe the info looked so damming that ANY info like the fight, would be withheld or possibly forgotten (for the moment). Since Mr. Kee didn't provide any names he might not want to mention it because he knows He didn't provide any names he sees it as unimportant.

Legal minds here answer me this--- why can't the police arrest Darin on insurance scam charges? They have a sworn statement he committed a crime (the jag).

When the heck did they change it from 6 to 8 feet?

That does it. I'm getting cremated.

Mary you are so :crazy:. :blowkiss:

Why would a 2 feet difference matter on your decision of being placed in the ground or burned in an oven? Are you afraid you may hit water that deep in the ground:) and float away:laugh::laugh:. If I remember correctly that is a real issue/concern in Galveston Texas. :):laugh:

Because in an insurance scam, there has to be an element of Fraud.

The insurance scam was just an idea, a thought, not put into action.

BTW, the life insurance on the boys was 5K. I am sure Darlie had much more insurance on her life. Therefore if this was "part of the insurance" scam, Darlie would be worth more dead then alive.

Also the crime scene was stagged and cleaned up. How nice of the "other people" who killed the kids to stage the scene and clean up also.

Darlie just thought that she could outsmart the cops. She thought that they would "at point" blank "believe" her story without question. Especially when she "was the victim of an attack" and the a distraught mother who lost her two boys in a brutal manner.

Too bad for Darlie that the story and evidence just did not add up to her version of events.

Unless there is compelling new evidence, that could not have been discovered prior to trial, I don't see Darlie getting a new trial or off death row. Which is a good thing.

Maybe I should have posted that it took Darlie's defense team 5 years to dream up a new scenario. If Darlie gets a new trial, what the team wants to show is not who did it, but that someone else COULD have done it. Thus, the Darin and Mr. Kee Suddenly Remember An Insurance Scam ploy. As most everyone agrees, Darin knows what happened that night and has some complicity in the coverup. Darlie's defense can in no way attempt to point the finger at him as having hired someone or been a part of the plan or he will roll on Darlie leaving her roadkill. Darlie knew this from the very beginning with her court appointed attorney and insisted they, and later Doug Mulder, could not in anyway implicate Darin. So what the defense wants to show is that Darin was in one of the more sleazey bars and mouthed off about wanting his house robbed and some stranger overheard him and decided to do Darin the mother-of-all favors and rob his house for him. This scenario lets Darin off the hook as far as complicity and tries to plant in the jurors minds: someone else COULD have done it.

Okay, I am just going to say one thing here. IMO Darin had nothing-and I mean absolutely nothing to do with the murders of his two beautiful baby boys!!! Period. I base moo on the facts of the case. (I have read the transcripts and all related files)

The only thing that he may be guilty of, and I stress possibly/maybe is protecting Darlie. We can assume one of two things:

He's truly that naive that he really believes in her innocence, or he just simply cannot accept that his wife would've done such a horrible terrible crime to their children.

Maybe I should have posted that it took Darlie's defense team 5 years to dream up a new scenario. If Darlie gets a new trial, what the team wants to show is not who did it, but that someone else COULD have done it. Thus, the Darin and Mr. Kee Suddenly Remember An Insurance Scam ploy. As most everyone agrees, Darin knows what happened that night and has some complicity in the coverup. Darlie's defense can in no way attempt to point the finger at him as having hired someone or been a part of the plan or he will roll on Darlie leaving her roadkill. Darlie knew this from the very beginning with her court appointed attorney and insisted they, and later Doug Mulder, could not in anyway implicate Darin. So what the defense wants to show is that Darin was in one of the more sleazey bars and mouthed off about wanting his house robbed and some stranger overheard him and decided to do Darin the mother-of-all favors and rob his house for him. This scenario lets Darin off the hook as far as complicity and tries to plant in the jurors minds: someone else COULD have done it.

Let it roll. He can't if he has anything to prove Darlie did it why would he NOT roll on it. If he has hidden more than he says and he withheld it from the investigation then HE will get into trouble. Darlie frankly has nothing else to lose. She can't compel him to confess anymore than he can her.
Someone else here posted about a spouse cannot be made to testify against the other. He could be charged with interferring with an investigation as well as perjury. If he knows she did it why still support her. The psycology of the situation screams to me. Not telling EVERYTHING he knows at the time only served him not her.

I had to quit bringing my own prejudices to the case before I could even think Darin did it. Why the time- 6 years- so long, is even the most cunning killers slip up and leave clues behind.

Darin's behavior since the murders is bizarre an unexplainable to me.

We all have seen CSI and NYPD, and some of you may be old enough to have seen Dragnet and Adam 12. Even in the false solve in an hour crime dramas the parents of a child, injured, kidnapped, or killed, -the parents are the 1st suspects. Start within the small circle of people who know this person then widen the search to bigger circles. It may be more mis info put out by people trying to defend Darlie but didn't Det.Patterson decide within a few hours that Darlie was the killer. What made him eliminate Darin the only uninjured adult on the scene. What made them focus on Darlie? The lab tests on the screen hadn't been done, the DNA on the blood wasn't back, in other words his substantiating evidence could not support his theory, yet. If he wasn't so certain I don't think he would have let Darin leave to SHOWER at Karen Neal's house. IMO they should have kept them separated for longer and stayed on the both of them like a bad odor on do-do. I have quit thinking the investigators did make mistakes -on PURPOSE. I have quit thinking Darlie or Darin could in NO WAY have done this.
I have tried to look at the all so subtle clues and the lies told as clues in themselves. Look deep in Darlie's lies, don't alot of them seem to all go back to cover up more than just murder. Don't they seem to have the motive to protect Darin. If she knows she is guilty why does she need to protect him. It would be more self serving on her part to NOT protect him.

I had a long post in regards to my opinion of Darin not knowing about the murders before hand and for some reason it disappeared. Anyhow, I believe it was Det. Chron??? (sp) that called it an inside job within 30 minutes upon reviewing the crime scene. IMO LE are trained to "read" people. I believe that Darin had innocent written all over his poor shocked and bewildered face as Darlie had murderer written all over hers. Of course this isn't proof of guilt. Darin was trying his hardest to get his babies to breathe again, he did not give up until the paramedics arrived and was told to go and sit by the sliding glass door with Darlie. So here was Darin covered in blood and Darlie covered in blood. Darin in a state of shock over his precious boys being murdered and Darlie only worrying about the prints on the knife AND the fact that SHE THOUGHT SHE WAS DYING.

I just don't understand why Darin would protect her. But maybe I have never loved someone the way he loved Darlie. No of us know what we would really do in this type of situation. Maybe Darin wanted to believe so bad that Darlie didn't murder their kids that he convinced himself that someone else did it. The problem with that is when a child is murdered it is usually at the hands of someone they knew. IMO a stranger would of taken the boys and hurt/buried them somewhere else not leaving them in the home.

I flip/flop between Darlie wanting to kill herself too and chickening out or she thought she was smarter than most and could just cut herself up some and the coppers would believe her.

When the heck did they change it from 6 to 8 feet?

That does it. I'm getting cremated.

ROFL Somehow I missed this earlier! :laugh:

Whity,

You and I had this convo last week or so on this subject I think? Anywhoo I am in complete agreement with you. Great job spelling it all out.

Your post is not very clear to me, so I hope I'm responding to what you meant. Darlie's appeals are not yet finished, so she will not tell what part Darin had to play because this would also expose her part as the murderer. Darin won't yet tell what he really knows about that night because he played some part in the coverup which could lead to criminal charges. Darin has explicitly stated that 'he wants to help her, but they're not going to put me in her place.' Meaning Darlie's defense team had better not start pointing the finger at him as having knowingly set up a robbery scheme that resulted in the murder of his boys. His affidavit really says very little except that he may have mentioned a possible robbery to some shady people thus unwittingly setting in motion a chain of events that led to his boys murder. No culpability on his part, thus no charges. It's a phoney ploy which a jury would be incredibly naive to believe.

I had a long post in regards to my opinion of Darin not knowing about the murders before hand and for some reason it disappeared. Anyhow, I believe it was Det. Chron??? (sp) that called it an inside job within 30 minutes upon reviewing the crime scene. IMO LE are trained to "read" people. I believe that Darin had innocent written all over his poor shocked and bewildered face as Darlie had murderer written all over hers. Of course this isn't proof of guilt. Darin was trying his hardest to get his babies to breathe again, he did not give up until the paramedics arrived and was told to go and sit by the sliding glass door with Darlie. So here was Darin covered in blood and Darlie covered in blood. Darin in a state of shock over his precious boys being murdered and Darlie only worrying about the prints on the knife AND the fact that SHE THOUGHT SHE WAS DYING.

I just don't understand why Darin would protect her. But maybe I have never loved someone the way he loved Darlie. No of us know what we would really do in this type of situation. Maybe Darin wanted to believe so bad that Darlie didn't murder their kids that he convinced himself that someone else did it. The problem with that is when a child is murdered it is usually at the hands of someone they knew. IMO a stranger would of taken the boys and hurt/buried them somewhere else not leaving them in the home.

I flip/flop between Darlie wanting to kill herself too and chickening out or she thought she was smarter than most and could just cut herself up some and the coppers would believe her.

Listen to the 911 tape again or better yet just read the transcript of the 911 call. She wasn't sitting by the window with Darin when talking about the knife she was on the phone with an operator and a police officer was already there the numbers beside the part where a police officer is there is 3:45:19. She is talking to the Police and the 911 operator at the same time.

Nobody knows what Darin and Darlie talked about when they sat by the window let alone what they where thinking or worrying about. I have asked about it and another poster told me the officer didn't overhear their conversation.

Darin's efforts to save his children were also assisted by Darlie who got him towels.

Kinda off subject here but Saran Wrap would have been a better choice to completely seal off the lung punctures and then in order to inflate the lung another incision would need to be made into the lung itself (this done from the side between 2 ribs)and then a tube would have to be inserted into the hole made into the lung and air blown into it. Standard 1st aid training doesn't teach you how to do this this but Army Combat 1st Aid Training does. There is a new product that should be added to all home 1st aid kits it is called CELOX . Get it and read how to use it BEFORE an emergency cause you can seriously injure someone even more so if you don't do it right. YOU ALSO DON'T HAVE TIME TO READ THE INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO USE IT. It must be removed as well as applied, but it has saved many a GI who previously was thought to be a certain goner. It may not have been able to save Devon but Damon it might have helped him stay alive long enough to have reached the hospital and possibly surgery.

Darin tried to save an obviously dead child not the living one.
No aid or very little aid was given to the still living child by him.When I was a Girl Scout leader standard Red Cross 1st aid training was a requirement and we discussed taking the person's pulse as one of the 1st things done (after accessing the situation to make sure you aren't injured giving aid). Once I had gotten no pulse, tried artificial respiration and had seen blood being blown back at me I'd have known this person is beyond help. I would have moved on to the second child as trained to do when multiple victims are involved.

Darlie on the 911 tape is heard repeatedly screaming at the 911 operator MY BABIES ARE DYING. She does makes a statement to the 911 operator in regards to the knife and how she fears she just messed up some important crime scene evidence but she doesn't keep going on and on about it as much as she goes on and on about her babies dying. She does report her injuries too but she doesn't go on and on about it like she did about her BABIES ARE DYING. My BABIES ARE DEAD. She seems to recognize the fact that Devon was already dead some where in the middle of the call and becomes even more hysterical at that point. It is in the 911 call at number 3:23:08 on the transcript of the call.

In cases where small children are removed from the home and a body is later found usually involves activity that is sexual in nature and the reason to remove them from the home is so the perp can do what they want to do to the child without being caught in the home doing it.

Another fact I think everyone got wrong is where Darlie cut herself. I think the sink is where the police believe it to have happened. The couch is where I think it happened -regardless of who did it. I base this opinion on her necklace being in the wound itself.

The gravity of standing up would make the necklace hang down lower than where it was found in her neck wound. However when laying down the center of gravity on the chain is different. It would tend to fall closer towards her back raising the height of the chain higher than when standing up.

This is an easy at home theory to test. Put on any necklace even a big ole Mr. T style chain will do. Look at the position of the chain on your neck.
Now lay down and lay there for a few minutes maybe roll on your side or switch sleeping positions some don't remain motionless. See how the necklace falls closer up your neck than when laying down. The effect of gravity is vertical when standing and horizontal when laying down.

If you agree with me on this is doesn't mean you need to change your mind about "who done it" just that she didn't do the deed while standing at the sink she would have had to do it while on the couch. Her blood can still be explained at the sink even if she didn't cut herself there.

Gold is a soft metal, softer than say nickel or other cheap jewelry. Her necklace didn't fall off or become so damaged that it would have fallen off
If she was standing she would be able to exert even more force on her neck wound than when laying down on a couch would allow. The couch back and your vertical position would lessen the amount of force that could be exerted. Regardless of who did the cutting I think it was done on the couch not in front of the sink.

No, silly. I'm afraid of drowning :eek:[/quote

LOL LOL

Just request to be buried in West Texas cause it is a deep dig for water here.

As women we plan our weddings from early on starting in childhood when we first fell in love with Cinderella. We don't plan our funerals as much but for some reason I have found more men than women do.

My husband after many years has released me from the promise he made me make about his funeral. He finally realized I would most likely be arrested if I followed his instructions.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back