GUILTY Canada - Alicia Ross, 25, Markham ON, 17 Aug 2005

TisHerself said:
I Repeat: "When this is all over I am going to have a nervous breakdown":liar:

Enough said! That statement does it for me, this girl is missing no one knows what happened to her. He is supposed to love her, and what is his concern?

I caught onto the past tense stuff right away...he's way too insistent that they had a perfect relationship and he loved her so much....he did it. Reminds me of Scooter, too.

http://www.canada.com/national/nationalpost/news/story.html?id=e2b79afc-99e7-4db2-92fe-a1c5af4d1120

"Look at these pictures," an emotional Mr. Hine told a television news reporter yesterday.............

"This is from last weekend in Quebec on the Rouge River. OK? Do you understand how happy we are? This is breaking my ... this is breaking my heart," he said, his voice cracking. "I loved her."
It was Mr. Hine who reported Ms. Ross missing early Wednesday at around eight or nine in the morning, shortly after the athletic, fun-loving woman failed to show up for work at Hewlett-Packard's Markham offices, said Constable Laurie Perks of York Regional Police.

..............."I loved her ".(..hard not to notice that the b/f is speaking in the past tense....)

..............."I loved her ".(..hard not to notice that the b/f is speaking in the past tense....)[/QUOTE]
I also noticed in an article today that "I WAS going to ask her to marry me" I think it said next year or something to that affect but the clincher to me was the past tense...man o man..say it isn't so!:banghead: I hope I am wrong:slap:

englishleigh said:
I caught onto the past tense stuff right away...he's way too insistent that they had a perfect relationship and he loved her so much....he did it. Reminds me of Scooter, too.

I think he is trying to hard to convince LE too. One thing that I noticed is in the first article he said that he could tell that there had been a scuffle in the driveway....I believe he said driveway...the cops weren't willing to commet on it. In another article he says that he wishes he had waited until she got into the house but he didn't. He was tired and just let her out and went home.

Just when did he notice the scuffle if he went on home and didn't go back. I would assume that a lot of people had been in that driveway by the time he went back to Alicia's house.

I'd like to know if she took her purse, etc, with her when she went out with him too and I would like to know if anyone in the house can verify that Alicia came home at 12:00.

I can understand a person saying "we had a lot of plans" but I can't get around "I LOVED HER." I wonder if they had a glorious relationship :mad:

It was Mr. Hine who reported Ms. Ross missing early Wednesday at around eight or nine in the morning shortly after the athletic, fun-loving woman failed to show up for work at Hewlett-Packard's Markham offices, said Constable Laurie Perks of York Regional Police.

http://www.canada.com/national/nationalpost/news/story.html?id=e2b79afc-99e7-4db2-92fe-a1c5af4d1120

.........very pretty picture of her at this link......

...what time does she normally start work ?
...it seems that he called in her disappearance fairly quickly.........8 or 9 the following morning, after he dropped her off approx. midnight...

...she could have been in a traffic jam........needed gas.....flat tire...etc.....yet he's on the line to 911 reporting her missing the moment she doesn't arrive at work ?

...hmmmmmmmmmm..

yep.the i "loved" her.....and.........

"I was going to propose to her next year," he said, slumping in a camp chair in the backyard of the duplex he shares with two roommates. "We had so much planned for the rest of the summer."

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1124401814860&call_pageid=968332188492&col=968793972154&t=TS_Home&DPL=IvsNDS%2f7ChAX&tacodalogin=yes

.........and why did the b/f report her missing so quickly, at 8 or 9 the next morning because she didn't show up for work ?
...she could just have been late for a number of reasons...............accident on the highway.....flat tire...slept in...........etc.
...yet he's on the phone to 911 right away...........( reminded me of michael white, in edmonton, organizing his own search party, and then , voila'..finding liana's body right away when LE didn't..)

....................on another note....................there are 2 threads going her on the same missing woman.....one here, and another as the missing 'markham' woman.i n the "missing persons info and support."...........mods..........could they be combined ?

Police expand Ross probe
Toll-free hotline set up for tips
Investigators tow away woman's car

MORGAN CAMPBELL
STAFF REPORTER

As the investigation into the disappearance of Alicia Ross continues, police yesterday towed her car from the driveway of her family's Markham home.

York Region police Insp. Tom Carrique wouldn't elaborate on why the navy blue Toyota Corolla was removed, but said the move is part of an investigation ongoing at the house since the 25-year-old woman disappeared a week ago.

Police have also interviewed her boyfriend, 29-year-old Sean Hine, more than once.

"We have been running parallel investigations since day one and we will continue to do so," Carrique said at a news conference, referring also to the six-day search of the area around Ross's home. "We will be exploring every investigative avenue available to us."

Both Snooks and Carrique confirmed they have received several phone tips about Ross, but they wouldn't discuss the details of those calls.

Carrique said Monday that as the ground search ended, the investigation into Ross's disappearance would become more important, and that police would focus more on the possibility of foul play.

Ross's parents — who were home the night she disappeared — last spoke to her about 11 p.m. Tuesday. Hine said he spent Tuesday with Ross burning CDs and playing pool, then left the house about midnight. Ross didn't answer when he phoned 15 minutes later, and he called police Wednesday morning after more unanswered calls.

On Sunday, Hine was arrested in Newmarket and charged with impaired driving in an incident police say is unrelated to the Ross investigation. The charge carries an automatic 90-day driver's licence suspension.

I took parts of the story and pasted the above...

The full story is here: http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1124833811921&call_pageid=968332188492&col=968793972154&t=TS_Home

Ross's parents — who were home the night she disappeared — last spoke to her about 11 p.m. Tuesday. Hine said he spent Tuesday with Ross burning CDs and playing pool, then left the house about midnight. Ross didn't answer when he phoned 15 minutes later, and he called police Wednesday morning after more unanswered calls.

I am confused. An earlier article said he dropped her off at her house, the article you quoted says he was at her house and left around midnight. It also says her "parents" were home. But she lived with her mother and step father, which I suppose is just a technicallity. I also read in another article that her birth father commited suicide last year. Not that that means she did.

Yeah he is speaking in the past tense. Either he has decided that she is a victim of foul play or "he may have something" to do with her missing.

LE is now canvessing neighbours, friends, family etc about his character, behaviour and if he put out trash on a particular night.

Middle/Upper Class neighbour in a upscale residential area.......

At midnight, on a weekday, everyone is pretty much asleep. I find it hard that a women would be "taken" in this environment.

As far as I have read, the BF and Alicia had a worldwind quick romance. He seemed to be more serious then her, as she did not introduce him to her friends.

She might not have felt the same way about him that he did about her, and that could lead to all sorts of problems if he does have problems with control etc.

Also the timing of it is weird. She was starting a job that she was promoted to. Obviously, someone else or others were not promoted.

Someone could have said or stated: Alicia got the job, she got the promotion, she is going to get more money. That promotion should have gone to me. If Alicia quit or did not show up for work, then I would be next in line for the job.

People have done far worse for less.

Le have just announced that they are looking at friends and acquaitances of Alicia's, they do not seem to feel it was a "stranger" abduction.

I find it interesting the behaviour of the boyfriend. He calls her 15 minutes after he drops her off, I don't know but that sound kind of controlling to me.

Then he calls her again the next morning......

They had their first date in June, by July 1, they were a couple, and seven weeks later they were talking about buying a house.

Behaviour of an abusive person..........

I, too, am confused about the information. I didn't read about anyone seeing signs of a struggle in the driveway, but I did read that the BF had been at her house and left and then tried to call her a few minutes later, but didn't talk to her. I agree....a bit controlling.
What I find real interesting is that he would be the one to call and report her missing. I wonder if he contacted her parents first, and if they were concerned. It is odd that the BF wasn't with the parents at the news conference and one paper reported that most of her close friends hadn't been introduced to him.
It seems that LE are following the same pattern, yes, there is a "person of interest", no, there isn't, "we are treating this as a missing persons case", "this is now a criminal investigation". It seems as though they are using the same profiler and following a script.

The boyfriend of missing Toronto woman Alicia Ross was arrested for impaired driving on Sunday, police confirmed with CTV Toronto late Monday night.

Sean Hine, who's not a suspect in the missing person investigation, was taken into custody and charged with the impaired operation of a vehicle in Newmarket, about 50 km north of Toronto.

Hine was held overnight and had his license suspended for 90 days.

The news comes on the same day that police announced their focus into Ross's disappearance was shifting from a missing person investigation to a probe of clues that might indicate foul play. They have speculated that she was taken by a person "that she felt quite comfortable with".

A team of volunteers set out again Monday for yet another day of searching for Ross, 25, who has been missing for six days. Her brother was part of the search party that spent the morning scouring dumpsters and fields.

This is all so sad. I feel so bad for her family.

Since Alicia vanished from her parents' home sometime between late Tuesday and early Wednesday, more than 1,000 volunteers have helped investigators comb nearby wooded areas, ravines, creeks and streets. But, the searches have turned up no clues.

Police say they are shifting the focus of their probe.

"We are continuing to re-evaluate all people who had contact with Alicia up to the point of her disappearance," Carrique said Sunday. As well as talking with the present BF, they have spent time talking with an ex-BF.

Unfortunately this is sounding all too familiar.

MARKHAM -- Alicia Ross was likely abducted by someone who knew her, police said yesterday.

York Regional Police Insp. Tom Carrique said the Ontario Provincial Police behavioural science unit came to that conclusion after evaluating leads provided by his force. "(Provincial police investigators) have formed the opinion that Alicia was abducted, that she was abducted by somebody that was known to her and not a stranger," said Carrique, who is heading the criminal investigation into the disappearance of Ross, 25.

Also...

Residents near Hine's home on Taylor Mills Dr., northwest of Major MacKenzie Dr. and Bayview Ave. in Richmond Hill, said police were back canvassing the neighbourhood yesterday.

"Police have been asking questions if we have seen anything suspicious," said one neighbour, identified only as Gina. "They've been asking if we know him personally, or what he put out in his garbage on Wednesday." She said Hine and his younger brother moved into the two-storey semi-detached duplex months ago and their roommates have been renting it for the past year.

more at link

http://www.torontosun.com/News/TorontoAndGTA/2005/08/26/1188785-sun.html

Image-4.jpg

subsections-video.gif
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Strange Behaviour?[/font]
titleGradient.gif

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Though the cops still aren’t naming him a suspect, it appears they’ve turned up the heat on the boyfriend of Alicia Ross.

The last person to see the 25-year-old Markham woman before she disappeared last week, Sean Hine claims he was at her house last Tuesday until about midnight, burning CDs and playing pool before he left.

Ross was discovered missing the next morning when she failed to show up for her job at Hewlett-Packard. Her purse, car keys, and car were still at the family's home.

Investigators never labelled Hine as a suspect, but simply a “person of interest” who “probably has valuable information.”

But now investigators are asking neighbours on Hine’s street if they noticed him doing anything suspicious the morning his girlfriend went missing.

Specifically they wanted to know whether they’d seen him putting out garbage bags.

The 29-year-old rents a two-storey semi-detached house with three or four other men.
[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]....[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Meanwhile, Ross's mother Sharon Fortis held on to the hope that her daughter might still be returned safely to her.

"My message is, 'I love you with all my heart,'" she sobbed. "I would give my life just to have her come home. I'm not even looking for punishment, you know? I don't wish harm to anyone. Just her return. That's all I want."

http://www.pulse24.com/News/Top_Story/20050825-001/page.asp[/font]

This whole case, with the exception that Alicia wasn't pregnant, has shades of Scott and Laci Peterson.

I agree Calikid, i'm very nervous for Alicia's safe return. My prayers go out to her family.

Image-4.jpg

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Keeping The Faith[/font]
titleGradient.gif

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Alicia Ross has been missing for 10 days, no formal ground searches are being conducted, and investigators are short on clues, but her family sent her a message of hope Saturday: we won’t give up on you.

Andrew Fortis, the missing 25-year-old’s brother, spoke out at a police press conference and told his missing sister that her loved ones are at home, eagerly anticipating her return.

“We have not given up. We know you're there, we know you're okay, we know you will be coming home,” he said. “We want you to be strong. We're strong and we want you to come home and we're just waiting for you and that we love you very, very much.”

Fortis said another one of their siblings, who joined him at the media conference, had recently flown home from Australia to be with the family during this troubling time.

Police didn’t have any new information to provide in terms of the investigation. Inspector Craig Rogers of York Region Police said only focused ground searches are being conducted at this point that are based on tips.

He asked people in the Bayview and Elgin Mills area of Richmond Hill, especially those with rural properties a little north of that vicinity, to be “mindful of their properties” and to check fence and bush lines for any possible clues.

O.P.P. behavioural scientists believe Ross was abducted by someone she knew, and Inspector Tom Carrique had a message for that person Saturday.

“If you're involved in the abduction of Alicia Ross, we encourage you come forward, put an end to this for the family,” he said.
[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]http://www.pulse24.com/News/Top_Story/20050827-006/page.asp

[/font]__________________________________________

The brother's quote reminds me of Laci's brother, Brent :(

Sharon Fortis woke up yesterday morning on the 11th day of her vigil for her daughter — her cherished and beautiful daughter — and didn't want to get up. She felt she couldn't. The pain starts with getting out of bed each morning and the waiting, day after day, night after long night, for news of her girl seemed simply too much for her 4-foot-9 body to bear.

Much more at the link .... a GREAT story.
Mentions the step father, family, brothers, sisters, friends ...
things she's overcome.
A must read, in my humble opinion
http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1125179410531&call_pageid=968332188492&col=968793972154&t=TS_Home

'Geographic profiler' focuses on neighbourhood in Richmond Hill

Those in the Bayview Ave. and Elgin Mills Rd. E. area, as well as owners of rural properties north of this area, are being asked to search fencelines around their property for clues to the whereabouts of Ross, 25, who vanished from her Markham home Aug. 16.

When asked yesterday why the search had shifted from the Markham area northwest to a specific area of neighbouring Richmond Hill, police would not comment.

Anybody who may be involved in the abduction of Ross is being urged to turn themselves in.

"(Our message) is a simple message," said Insp. Tom Carrique. "If you are involved in the abduction of Alicia Ross, we encourage you, come forward. Put an end to this for the family."

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1125179410505&call_pageid=968332188492

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back