Found Deceased Canada - Alison Raspa, 25, Whistler, 22 Nov 2017

Historical weather for Whistler shows temps have teen down in the 20's and 30's since the first week in November. So it's unlikely she was caught unawares with the cold that night. It had been very cold at night for three weeks.

This doesn't sound good. I have to wonder what her mood was at the end of the day's work. Was she in good spirits, or was she down? Did she have a car? How did her belongings end up so far away next to a lake? Was she alone when she left work? Did anyone see where she went at that moment? What was her usual routine?

This could go one of three ways: suicide, criminal activity, simply decided to move on and see another part of the country.

This doesn't sound good. I have to wonder what her mood was at the end of the day's work. Was she in good spirits, or was she down? Did she have a car? How did her belongings end up so far away next to a lake? Was she alone when she left work? Did anyone see where she went at that moment? What was her usual routine?

This could go one of three ways: suicide, criminal activity, simply decided to move on and see another part of the country.

bbm - And how were they found? Just by coincidence or was there a reason people were searching for her there?

I wonder whether she was kidnapped and assaulted. God I hope not!

We don't know whether she drives or where her car is, do we?

bbm - And how were they found? Just by coincidence or was there a reason people were searching for her there?

There’s an extensive busing system within the town. You don’t really need a car in Whistler to get around the area. She may not have a car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We don't know anything. I searched everywhere for a news report about her disappearance and each article was identical to the other: she was missing, reported by co-workers, a belonging had been found near the lake, and that's it. It's interesting that her co-workers reported her missing right away, and that they didn't assume that she irresponsibly didn't show up.

Is Whistler a big party town like Banff and other ski resorts? Is there a culture of alcohol, bed-hopping, and living in the moment with whoever happens to be there for employees? If so, is it possible that something embarrassing or compromising happened, work colleagues knew she was upset about it - explaining why they called police when she didn't show up for work, and suicide is the explanation for belongings next to the lake?

Is Whistler a big party town like Banff and other ski resorts? Is there a culture of alcohol, bed-hopping, and living in the moment with whoever happens to be there for employees? If so, is it possible that something embarrassing or compromising happened, work colleagues knew she was upset about it - explaining why they called police when she didn't show up for work, and suicide is the explanation for belongings next to the lake?

It is a big party town, with lots of employees that come in from all over to work "the Season". I have friends that basically just move from resort to resort, doing summer in one of the parks, and then wintering in one of the big resorts so they can take advantage of the free snowboarding. They often will only work at a place like Whistler just for the season and then move on. People might come back a couple years later if they really enjoyed it, but often they will just do one winter and then go somewhere else for the next winter.

Alpha Lake park is next to a subdivision and is one of the few off leash areas for dogs. So I think it would be used even early in the morning, a dog could have found the phone.

I doubt she would have a car, and police would know if she did. It's a hassel to buy and register/insure, very rarely would an Aussie bother.

Also have to say, it's a right of passage for hundreds of Aussies to come to western Canada to work every year, especially in the ski resorts. They can get a special visa and stay for a couple years. There's so many, Australia Day is a big celebration.

From the Pique article I linked above:

"the investigation has led police to believe that Raspa received a ride to the Creekside area after leaving the village restaurant and bar".

This would seem very suspicious, but perhaps she used her BC transit pass and took the bus. There's a stop close to Alpha Lake Park.

Maybe she went for an early morning swim, cramped up, drowned.

Search of lake in Canada fails to find any trace

Also, police have been searching underground parking lots, creeks and parks and reviewing security camera footage, but are yet to find any trace.

"We ask anyone who may have any information as to Alison's movements from the time she was last seen leaving the Three Below Bar and the time her personal item was located at Alpha Lake Park on November 23 at 6.30am to call police immediately."

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/s...perth-woman-alison-raspa-20171129-gzuxnx.html

1511917660436.jpg
1511917660436.jpg

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/whistler-missing-woman-1.4423764
Alison Leanne Raspa, 25, was last seen leaving the Three Below Bar in Whistler around 11:30 p.m. on Wednesday.

RCMP say her cellphone was found at Alpha Lake park on Lake Placid Road at 6:30 the following morning. After that, investigators did a "thorough" search of the park and Alpha Lake, according to a statement but found nothing.
An RCMP dive team search of the lake didn't turn up any evidence either. A statement said police have also looked in underground parking lots, creeks, parks and any other places where Raspa could "reasonably" be.
On Wednesday night, Staff Sgt. Annie Linteau said RCMP were looking for any tips about her whereabouts.
Anyone with information is asked to call RCMP at (604) 932-3044.
alison-leanne-raspa.jpg

Canadian police said they had found an item belonging to Ms Raspa at the nearby Alpha Lake Park, believed to be her mobile phone.

"We are very concerned for Alison's well being," a Royal Canadian Mounted Police spokeswoman said.

"We ask anyone who may have any information as to Alison's movements from the time she was last seen leaving the Three Below Bar and the time her personal item was located at Alpha Lake park on November 23 at 6:30am to call police immediately."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-11-28/wa-woman-alison-raspa-missing-in-whistler-canada/9200178

Looks like the concern level has raised a bit higher....

Canadian police said they had found an item belonging to Ms Raspa at the nearby Alpha Lake Park, believed to be her mobile phone.

"We are very concerned for Alison's well being," a Royal Canadian Mounted Police spokeswoman said.

"We ask anyone who may have any information as to Alison's movements from the time she was last seen leaving the Three Below Bar and the time her personal item was located at Alpha Lake park on November 23 at 6:30am to call police immediately."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-11-28/wa-woman-alison-raspa-missing-in-whistler-canada/9200178

Looks like the concern level has raised a bit higher....

It wouldn't be the first time that a cell phone was left next to a lake to suggest that someone went into the lake, when in fact there was an abduction and murder [e.g.: Lyric Cooke and Elizabeth Collins]

It is a big party town, with lots of employees that come in from all over to work "the Season". I have friends that basically just move from resort to resort, doing summer in one of the parks, and then wintering in one of the big resorts so they can take advantage of the free snowboarding. They often will only work at a place like Whistler just for the season and then move on. People might come back a couple years later if they really enjoyed it, but often they will just do one winter and then go somewhere else for the next winter.

I grew up just south of the Washington border and in college spent a lot of weekends in the resort areas of BC. Granted that was 30 some years ago, but they were always party towns. What I hear from nieces and nephews today is it's mostly drinking, not a lot of drugs or violent crime. Assaults (both sexual and non-sexual) are up in Whistler, but most are late night alcohol-related and some of the sex assaults were groping as opposed to rape. Like any town, a young woman drinking alone and traveling alone is a target. My niece said the police have really stepped up foot patrols around the city late at night. as the bars let out.

I grew up just south of the Washington border and in college spent a lot of weekends in the resort areas of BC. Granted that was 30 some years ago, but they were always party towns. What I hear from nieces and nephews today is it's mostly drinking, not a lot of drugs or violent crime. Assaults (both sexual and non-sexual) are up in Whistler, but most are late night alcohol-related and some of the sex assaults were groping as opposed to rape. Like any town, a young woman drinking alone and traveling alone is a target. My niece said the police have really stepped up foot patrols around the city late at night. as the bars let out.

Her family has arrived in Canada: http://www.skynews.com.au/news/nati...mily-arrive-in-canada-over-missing-woman.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From the Pique article I linked above:

"the investigation has led police to believe that Raspa received a ride to the Creekside area after leaving the village restaurant and bar".

This would seem very suspicious, but perhaps she used her BC transit pass and took the bus. There's a stop close to Alpha Lake Park.

Did police specify if she received a ride in someone's car or public transportation. I am curious if CCTV video led them to this conclusion and if so are they able to at least get a partial description of the vehicle.

The family had been told she was “upset” about “something that happened at work” before she went missing.

“Police are looking through the camera footage where Alison works so they can observe her on a day-to-day basis in the days before she disappeared,” the insider said.

“Alison’s mother has been told that she was upset about something to do with work so police are looking for clues on the (CCTV) tapes.”

The source also claimed the family had heard that something had occurred outside the Three Below bar and lounge on the night she vanished.

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/re...r/news-story/274c6c3949c5203044efba736824f443

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BBrown
Back