CANADA Canada - Audrey Gleave, 73, Ancaster ON, 30 Dec 2010 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my heart and soul, I'll never give up on Audrey. Her killer(s) is/are out there and so far have gotten away with murder. That sickens me to no end.

I hope and pray for the murderer(s) to be caught, but..........

Stepping away for now to the drummer which I hear. (To paraphrase Henry David Thoreau.)
:seeya:
<rs&bbm>

Nope, nope, not allowed ... we have a drummer right here you can march to :drumroll::drumroll::drumroll:

Although we have names of her friends (those given in newspapers), Audrey may have other friends of whom we do not know. We keep going around in circles with the same people...... I don't think Audrey told everyone her business.... there may have been some things, and other people, in her life, even up to her last days, of which she may have kept to herself.

Are we going to let Audrey's thread die because of all the restrictions? Quite frankly, I don't know how/what to post except things about the car. And I highly doubt the car was the motive.......

:twocents:

I too hope justice for Audrey, agree the car was not the motive.

We do not sleuth people who are not suspects, nor do we encourage others to do so.

IMO LE did arrest DS - maybe not on a 'whim', but without much conclusive evidence. By most accounts residents in the area knew DS was around squatting in a nearby barn, and had been regularly, but no one reported being physically threatened by him as far as we know.

IMO he is just odd and suffering from some sort of mental illness. It sounds like some residents were uncomfortable and 'put off' by him, but I don't think anyone reported any violence or physical confrontations.

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/2205656-eccentric-doesn-t-equal-murderer/

I live near Hamilton's downtown core, and have grown up in this area. I have become accustomed to living in a city full of interesting characters and mentally ill people. I know that a lot of people that are not used to being around people like that are uncomfortable and afraid, and tend to assume that these people are dangerous. Some of them can be, most of them are not. All JMO.

BBM

IMO this statement speaks volumes. To me this says there is ample evidence from the scene, but it does not match/incriminate DS. IMO DS was arrested based on circumstantial evidence in the first place (just my opinion based on the way things unfolded and the info that has been made available by LE and in MSM - ie prior arrest, he owned/had a large knife, he is odd and shouts and appears scary/threatening, he is homeless, etc), and so, when the forensic evidence came back, if the issue was that there just wasn't ENOUGH evidence, or the evidence just wasn't definitively matched to DS, why RELEASE him? If they arrested and charged him without ample evidence, and felt they had enough to warrant charging him in the first place, then why drop the charges when the results come back and there simply STILL isn't ample evidence? IMO the evidence LE has doesn't match DS. IMO it must in fact exclude DS (even though it was said that he hasn't necessarily been ruled out as a suspect, I believe that was a "save face" statement).

BBM

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/2205722-anxiety-returns-as-murderer-still-on-the-loose/

BBM

This IMO is why DS was arrested and charged. People wanted answers and action, DS just happened to be the 'oddball' in the neighbourhood, and he looked good as a suspect. Personally I don't think DS committed this crime.

All just my opinion only.

I agree. Just fyi the same lead detective as in the Fred and Lynn Gilbank case.

Surely if DNA had been found in Audrey's case, it would be compared to this alleged perp's DNA.
The man originally charged in Audrey's murder was released after it was declared there was no reasonable chance of conviction, or something to that effect, yet this man is going in for the 4th time.
While it may be true that often the first couple of suspects in a case turn out to be the culprit, iirc, we do not know ALL the early suspects in Audrey's case.
That is why I am posting this here.... jmo
Hmm, nurse dragged to creek, reminds me of S.V.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamil...-extremely-rare-fourth-murder-trial-1.2603019

"Ontario's top court has ordered an "extremely rare" fourth trial for a man charged with first-degree murder in the 1981 killing of a nursing assistant.

It has been 33 years since Diane Werendowicz was dragged into a ravine, allegedly sexually assaulted, strangled and dumped in a creek in the Hamilton area.

'There is a strong public interest in a trial on all the legally admissible evidence and this swings the balance against a stay.'- Appeal Court decision

Robert Badgerow was arrested in 1998 and was convicted of first-degree murder several years later, but the verdict was overturned on appeal.

Ontario's Appeal Court orderedordered a new trial, but the second trial ended in a mistrial, with the jury unable to reach a verdict, and the third trial also ended in a mistrial."

Thank you for this post, hoping for justice for Diane Werendowicz and Audrey. Keep the hope, it could take many years but eventually justice prevails.

Maybe this case is not back to Hrab, just that Hrab started out in charge of this case?

Interesting new thread under cold cases. I recall the case, but know very little about it.

CANADA CA - Gilbank, Fred & Lynn, Postans Path, found murdered 1998 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

You are correct, the case started with Hrab.( Do you recall the Beverley Perrin (teacher) case, Hrab originally as well. Thankfully the wrongly accused was eventually cleared.)

Any chance Audrey was targeted in a case of mistaken identity, or perp/s went to the wrong house?
Or even the possibility that Det. H was set up?

You are correct, the case started with Hrab.( Do you recall the Beverley Perrin (teacher) case, Hrab originally as well. Thankfully the wrongly accused was eventually cleared.)

A link to the case you are referring to amron - mentioning Hrab's involvement in the Perrin case.

http://injusticebusters.org/index.htm/chrismccullough2.htm

What the heck? He's 0 for 3 out of the three cases mentioned in the last couple of days here. Shouldn't he be directing traffic up and down the mountain?

I am open to Det Hrab was being played dotr. Was it the luck of the draw who caught AG's case that day?
Imo, a lot would be gleaned from who reported seeing DLS in the washroom of a bank with a knife. We don't know how DLS came to be in the bank washroom - seems odd to me. Very odd.

Another HPS Det might have stopped a little longer to think about what they saw though on 30 Dec 2010. I believe Det IM (RIP) was able to determine what actions did and did not take place at AG's that day.

quote Woodland: "Another HPS Det might have stopped a little longer to think about what they saw though on 30 Dec 2010. I believe Det IM (RIP) was able to determine what actions did and did not take place at AG's that day. " unquote.

I totally agree!!

http://www.nationaltriad.org/Williamsburg08/docs/SexualHomicideofElderlyFemales.pdf

"Safarik et al. / HOMICIDE OF ELDERLY FEMALES
The FBI consults regularly on the investigation of extraordinarily violent and unusual homicide
cases. Although overall awareness of elderly victimization throughout the United States has
greatly increased over the past decade, little attention has been focused on elderly female victims
of sexual homicides and the offenders who commit these crimes. Law enforcement agencies are
often faced with rarely seen and excessively violent crime scenes as they attempt to solve these
homicides. This in-depth study examines the characteristics of 128 elderly women who were
murdered by 110 offenders as well as the characteristics of the attendant crime scenes. An empir
-
ical analysis of crime scene attributes, victim characteristics (including severity of victim inju
-
ries), and offender demographics produces significant predictive information about offender
characteristics that may assist law enforcement investigations of such cases.
Sexual Homicide
of Elderly Females
Linking Offender Characteristics
to Victim and Crime Scene Attributes"

Good article thanks Dotr still reading: average age 27.

Of the offenders, 56% live
within six blocks of the victim, with nearly 30% living on the same block. Overall, 81% of
the offenders travel to the scene on foot.

he offenders in many respects are found to be quite similar. For instance,
90% have criminal records, with burglary (59%) making up the highest pro
-
portion. However, property and violent offenses are found to be approxi
-
mately equally represented among those with criminal histories. It should be
noted that just 21% are found to have sex offenses in their criminal histories, a
key point for law enforcement when considering the background of potential
suspects. In terms of their employment skill levels, 93% are unskilled, with
nearly 70% unemployed. Of the offenders, 93% have 12 years or fewer of for
-
mal education, and 19% of that group have 8 years or fewer. Of those who
attended high school, the majority had spotty attendance records and poor
academic performance. Many simply dropped out after a couple of years.
Also, 93% had a history of substance abuse, with no race or age trends noted.
The drug abused most often was alcohol

http://www.nationaltriad.org/Williamsburg08/docs/SexualHomicideofElderlyFemales.pdf

The FBI consults regularly on the investigation of extraordinarily violent and unusual homicide
cases. Although overall awareness of elderly victimization throughout the United States has
greatly increased over the past decade, little attention has been focused on elderly female victims
of sexual homicides and the offenders who commit these crimes. Law enforcement agencies are
often faced with rarely seen and excessively violent crime scenes as they attempt to solve these
homicides. This in-depth study examines the characteristics of 128 elderly women who were
murdered by 110 offenders as well as the characteristics of the attendant crime scenes. An empir
-
ical analysis of crime scene attributes, victim characteristics (including severity of victim inju
-
ries), and offender demographics produces significant predictive information about offender
characteristics that may assist law enforcement investigations of such cases.
Sexual Homicide
of Elderly Females
Linking Offender Characteristics
to Victim and Crime Scene Attributes"

This in-depth study examines the characteristics of 128 elderly women who were
murdered by 110 offenders as well as the characteristics of the attendant crime scenes.

RSBM

Very much enjoyed this article - pulling a few bits that caught my attention.

Safarik opens his paper with 3 brutal murder cases of elderly females - 2 stabbings and 1 with use of a broken piece of glass (in the same category imo).
Yet when he breaks down the COD stats (under heading 'The Victims') he makes no mention of stabbing as a cause of death in the cases he uses for study. I don't get that, but maybe I am missing something.
Safarik uses 63% death by strangulation, 38% blunt force trauma (already totals 101) and firearms 1%. He does mention his stats differ to other studies.
So AG is in a category that is rare? I don't know.

Murder of elderly females in this study is extremely brutal, yet PK did not notice this upon his approach to AG, but Det H did (or he did later?). AG had her coat and other clothing on, which is in contrast to this study.

The average age of the offender is 27 (page 9). A number to go with 'young' sometimes 'young and close'?

Semen is found in 48% of cases of the sexual assaults. Interesting - reasoning on the part of the offender - don't get caught?

Page 16 - few crimes occurred between absolute strangers. More often than not, there was some form of previous contact - some contact close, some slightly remote.

Page 18 - interaction at the crime scene was primarily with the victim - when items were taken, they were generally located with a cursory search. Along with 'clearly offenders have more than 1 motive and change motive'.

I appreciated Safarik's clarification that 'organized' and 'unorganized' relates to crime scene behavior only.
Imo, those descriptions are often used to imply knowledge of the offender outside of the crime scene - in particular the profiler used in the CJ case. He 'stated' the perp liked music which, imo, was a huge set back for profilers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
What Fresh Hell