CANADA Canada - Audrey Gleave, 73, Ancaster ON, 30 Dec 2010 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
so would Audrey's killer likely have moved?

Highly doubt it. That's what LE said in SV's case. I think he's right there under the noses of LE. IMO his life goes on as usual - job, relationships, all usual. WHY? Because IMO he's cocky, intelligent and (let's face it) he's getting away with murder.

:twocents:

I can agree with you NSU to some extent - cocky and intelligent. However, 'he' may still be around but also he might have moved on and be incarcerated somewhere else, for another crime.

At the moment, 'he' is getting away with a crime. Hopefully not for long.

I can agree with you NSU to some extent - cocky and intelligent. However, 'he' may still be around but also he might have moved on and be incarcerated somewhere else, for another crime.

At the moment, 'he' is getting away with a crime. Hopefully not for long.

Yes, I hear ya Woodland! It could either be "he" or "she".:blushing: Thanks for the reminder!! :)

QUESTION:

1. Do you still think Audrey's killer is the same killer of SV and attacker of SL.

My problem with this is the close locations in Southern Ontario.

Any thoughts? (Especially now that we have warmer weather and I'm watching my garden grow). :spring:

LE at this point do not know if this attack was random or targeted, but it will be interesting to see if the perp profile is similar to Audrey's attacker.

bbm.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...lt-shocks-north-vancouver-community-1.2662700

"A North Vancouver community is in shock, after a man broke into the home of an 87-year-old woman and sexually assaulted her early Sunday morning.​

The woman, who has not been named, lives alone in the Ridgeway Avenue area of the North Shore and was attacked after she awoke to find the man in her bedroom.

She is recovering in hospital. Her son, who cannot be named to protect her identity, says she is shaken, bruised and battered.

Physically, he says, she's likely to pull through but emotionally will be difficult. He says she never expected anything like this would happen in the house where she's lived for over 60 years.

North Vancouver RCMP Cpl. Richard De Jong says police do not know whether the attack was targeted or random.

"We're not disclosing the exact nature of the assault. It was a sexual assault — a very serious one."

De Jong said many of the details surrounding the incident remain unclear and police know very little about the attacker."

Regarding dotr's post above, in my humble opinion *I* feel that Audrey's murder was well planned by someone she knew. Would a serial killer of older women travel from Halifax to Vancouver? Well perhaps! We simply don't know.:tantrum:

Audrey had many things against her:
- no children or husband coming home
- her house was in a very remote area with a LONG driveway
- she seemed to be a quiet person with a "hidden" past

In her favour:
- protective dogs
- spunky in that she bought a race car
- she went out a fair bit (library, Costco)
- she kept in touch with her BIL
- was 'social' taking courses at Mohawk College
- loved sending e-mails

I still think she knew her killer well.

BUT......where are all these soup and cake bringing "friends" now. And the "odd" Will? And did Hrab mess up? Too many questions.........And why did the house get cleaned out and sold in a matter of a New York Minute?:tantrum:

Would an (alleged) underage, 14 years old, sex perp. who threatened and sexually attacked adult females on at least two occasions, have DNA collected?
Would LE have to wait until he ( likely imo.) re -offends in the future, as an adult, to compare his DNA to unsolved crimes?
Could it be possible that Audrey was assaulted by someone so young that they are completely under the radar?

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...9&highlight=brampton+sex+assault#post10579999

Would an (alleged) underage, 14 years old, sex perp. who threatened and sexually attacked adult females on at least two occasions, have DNA collected?
Would LE have to wait until he ( likely imo.) re -offends in the future, as an adult, to compare his DNA to unsolved crimes?
Could it be possible that Audrey was assaulted by someone so young that they are completely under the radar?

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...9&highlight=brampton+sex+assault#post10579999

I also thought of Audrey when I heard about this 14-year-old.

ANSWERS:
1. I believe DNA will be collected from the perp BUT remember - thanks to the Young Offenders Act he'll do a short bit of time at a place like Syl Apps and be released. Once he's released, absolutely nothing about him will be made known to anyone - not to teachers, not to neighbours, to no one......EVER!.

2. He would have been age 10 when Audrey was killed. LE *might* know who he is but due to his age at that time, it'll be swept under the rug. Would the Audrey murder be considered by LE now that he's been charged at age 14? Not a chance! Remember - we must "protect" our innocent youths who live in Ontario. If they happen to commit a horrendous crime - that's OK. They are too young to "know the severity of their actions".

Get the feeling that I'm upset with the system? :tantrum:

OT but relates to my last post - ahhhhhh, our innocent youth at work again!

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...tml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

And God forbid WE should learn his name.......:tantrum:

Perhaps this perp. is of age, but maybe not -these incidents, involve late night break ins, sex assaults and robbery of elderly women, in Etobicoke.
Wondering now if poi was ever located or not?

http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/police-re...in-etobicoke-robberies-sex-assaults-1.1361226
bbm.
"Last Updated Wednesday, July 10, 2013 12:34PM EDT

A suspect, whom police believe could be responsible for a slew of break-ins and sexual assaults in Etobicoke, is seen in a new video released by investigators Wednesday.

The criminal activity first began last September when someone broke into three Etobicoke homes in the early-morning hours of Sept. 7, sexually assaulting two elderly women who were asleep at the time and fleeing the third home after he was spotted by the homeowner.

Then this past weekend, a suspect broke into four homes in the area of Berry Road and Parklawn Road, gaining access through unlocked doors and windows.
A suspect in a rash of break and enters and sexual assaults in Etobicoke is shown in this surveillance camera image. (Toronto Police)

Once inside, the suspect then rummaged through the homes for valuables while the owners slept. In one of the homes, the suspect also sexually assaulted a woman while she was asleep.

The break and enters all took place early Sunday morning between 12:55 a.m. and 3:30 a.m."

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/canada/archives/2012/09/20120919-194142.html
"TORONTO – Some west-end Toronto residents are terrified that a sexual predator preying on local elderly women is getting bolder and escalating his attacks.

Residents of south Etobicoke are angry that six homes just blocks apart were broken into early Tuesday and a 91-year-old woman inside one sexually assaulted.

The elderly victim, who is wheelchair-bound, managed to alert authorities with her Lifeline health-care system.

Neighbours said the widow is "traumatized" by the attack.

Marcia Macaulay, a long-time area resident, said the suspect, who wears a disguise, is becoming more daring"

Closer to Audrey, this Hamilton LE alert yesterday..

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamil...-sexual-assaults-on-hamilton-trails-1.2671468

bbm

"Hamilton police have issued a public safety alert after three sexual assaults and numerous indecent acts on west Hamilton trails in the past month.

In a release late Tuesday, police said they wanted to inform the public about the incidents that had happened between May 22 and June 9.

"In almost all of the above cases, the offences have occurred in relation to a trail system," said the release.

The trail systems involved include the Hamilton-Brantford Rail Trail, Chedoke Rail Trail and Cootes Trail System.

Police released a description of a suspect and said they believe there are likely witnesses who have seen the man on the trails.

He is described as: a white male, 5’8”-5,10, clean shaven, dark short brush cut hair, 170-

180lbs, 20-30’s
."

https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/Hami...ae74e885025bdbb7!2m2!1d-79.457884!2d43.653943

http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/content...igence/menu/cold-case-playing-cards-home.aspx

The Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE), Department of Corrections (DC) and the Attorney General’s Office have teamed up with the Florida Association of Crime Stoppers to implement a new and innovative way to crack Florida’s unsolved cold cases. Each card features a photograph and factual information about an unsolved homicide or missing person case.

Two cases have been solved as a result: the murder of James Foote and the murder of Ingrid Lugo

In 2008, state partners once again teamed up to develop a third edition deck. This deck was distributed to 65,000 inmates in all 67 county jails and to 141,000 supervised offenders serving on state probation. The third edition features 52 new unsolved homicide and missing persons cases.

Yesterday heard/seen in a TV program!
I'm fascinated by the idea!

No idea if this would affect Audrey's car, or her case in any way, but fwiw..

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/gm-recalls-17-000-camaros-in-canada-for-ignition-problems-1.2674677

"General Motors has recalled 511,528 Camaros because of faulty ignition switches that can turn off and cause serious driving problems with vehicles in motion.

The company says 17,736 of the recalled Camaros are in Canada. GM assembles Camaros at its Oshawa, Ont., assembly plant east of Toronto.

The company is recalling the muscle cars made between the 2010 to 2014 model years, because a driver's knee can bump the key and knock the switch out of the "run" position, causing an engine stall.

That could knock out power steering and brakes, and cause drivers to lose control.

GM says it knows of three crashes and four minor injuries from the problem".

Yes, Audrey's car would be in this group. But I *suspect* that the severe problems would only happen if she was travelling at high speeds on the 400 or on the 401. From what I've gathered all along here is that Audrey only drove locally - to Mohawk College, to Costco, to the coffee group, etc. I can't see that we were told that she ever took the car out and truly "drove it" the way the car was meant to be driven.

Also, she went with other people in their cars many times - example -----> the night of her life at the hardware store for the broken mailbox part.

Now, will LE send the car back to GM to be repaired? Or better yet - WHERE IS her car right now?

ETA:

GM says it knows of three crashes and four minor injuries from the problem"

I suspect the crashes would be on major highways while minor injuries could be anywhere in North America.

No idea if this would affect Audrey's car, or her case in any way, but fwiw..

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/gm-recalls-17-000-camaros-in-canada-for-ignition-problems-1.2674677

"General Motors has recalled 511,528 Camaros because of faulty ignition switches that can turn off and cause serious driving problems with vehicles in motion.

The company says 17,736 of the recalled Camaros are in Canada. GM assembles Camaros at its Oshawa, Ont., assembly plant east of Toronto.

The company is recalling the muscle cars made between the 2010 to 2014 model years, because a driver's knee can bump the key and knock the switch out of the "run" position, causing an engine stall.

That could knock out power steering and brakes, and cause drivers to lose control.

GM says it knows of three crashes and four minor injuries from the problem".

Last night I saw "Breaking News" on TV (GM and recalling Camaros) and thought like you! :smile:

We watched this reality show tonight on OWN. I wonder if they'd be interested in doing Audrey's murder? Or Sonia's?

http://www.lfpress.com/2014/02/28/oprah-winfrey-network-debuts-to-catch-a-killer-saturday

Thoughts??

Please look on www.unsolvedcanada and case Sonia V., NSU.
For me today the login is "forbidden"; I have no idea, why sometimes forbidden and sometimes not???
Recently I have read about Arndtfield, OW-Show "Catch the killer", I mean Audrey too. Have forgotten, where especially.

These men we want to investigate the murder of Audrey Gleave:

Mike Arntfield, Police Officer/Professor (left)

Doug "Monty" Montgomery, Private Investigator (right)

Attachments

• MikeBio.jpg
    MikeBio.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 3
  • MontyBio.jpg
    MontyBio.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 5
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online