Identified! Canada - Durham, Ont, Woman, baby found dead, Mar'12 - Andrea & Brock Damude

LE states they aren't looking for a suspect? The bodies were in the trunk.

All she wished for her birthday was to get some sleep. The day after she's dead in the trunk of the car with her baby. :(

Can someone close their trunk by the inside? Could she have had a remote? My boss has one but I don't know how it works if someone is inside the trunk.

I wonder if she was a single mom. Where is the baby's daddy? :(

I live about 25 minutes south of Sunderland in the city of Oshawa. Sunderland is a small town in the country. Its surrounded my farmland and trees. The field in which Andrea her son and car were found can be seen from Highway 12 which is just to the west running north and south. I don't think you can enter from there though. Just to the northwest Highway 12 intersects with Highway 7. The car could have entered from the 7 Highway. If that is so it would have to drive south a fair ways. I don't know if there are any other entrances. It doesn't say if Andrea knew anyone in the area or was familiar with Sunderland. I have mixed feelings on what happened. If she didn't know the area it would've been very hard for her to end up were they were found. I can't see her driving that far out of the way. There's all kinds of fields, woods and concession roads in the approx. 300 km between Pembroke and Sunderland. (About a 5 hr drive.) Where she ended up was no where near were she was heading (Barrie Ont.) for her birthday. If she was depressed though its hard to say what was going through her mind. If she was familiar with the area it could be possible. Its hard to read if a person is depressed. From her words it didn't sound to me she was. 7:00AM Wed. Two days before her trip to Barrie she said on facebook 'Dying for a full nights sleep'. In a reply to a friend a few minutes later she said He just wants to be cuddled! I don't mind. But every two hrs...ugh! He was doing so well before only waking twice a night. Thinking of bringing out the vodka!!! Lol 9:26 Thursday morning she post 'My baby is 8 months today! Wow10:31 friend replies, 'That went by quick! 10:38 Andrea says, I know. Hes crawling too! Two more friends reply. One one min later and one two hrs. No more post from Andrea. I find it strange they stopped there and that none were made on the 9th, the day she was to travel. I think Andrea and Brock were dead before Sat. http://www.thebarrieexaminer.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=3498794

I'm stunned. How could they not be looking for suspects?

Or maybe what they mean is that they are not looking for a suspect because they don't know WHO they are looking for?
That until they get more information they don't know if it's a stranger, someone she knew, etc.
Or they know who they are looking for and they already have arrested them for a lesser crime.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/0...d-in-car-trunk-were-headed-to-birthday-party/

Her husband, Brett Damude, is stationed at Canadian Forces Base Petawawa, according to media reports. The base refused to comment while the police continue to investigate the deaths.

The base is 135 kilometres northwest of Ottawa. Pembroke, population 14,000, is the largest community near the base.

Although autopsies have been completed, the cause of death in both cases “is pending further forensic testing,” which could take several weeks, said police spokesperson Dave Selby.

I read a news article tonight that says her husband Brett was going to visit his parents in Strathroy, Ontario. Strathroy is west of London, Ontario and is apprx. a 7 hr trip from their home in Pembroke. He says he followed Andrea and Brock in his vehicle until they got to the highway he would take to drive south to get to the main highway # 401 which he would then go Westbound through to Strathroy. Here's the article.

http://www.thebarrieexaminer.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=3500159

I read a news article tonight that says her husband Brett was going to visit his parents in Strathroy, Ontario. Strathroy is west of London, Ontario and is apprx. a 7 hr trip from their home in Pembroke. He says he followed Andrea and Brock in his vehicle until they got to the highway he would take to drive south to get to the main highway # 401 which he would then go Westbound through to Strathroy. Here's the article.

http://www.thebarrieexaminer.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=3500159

Wasn't it her birthday? Why was he going to visit his parents and not celebrate with her? I'm not liking this. Something is up and perhaps that is the reason LE said they're not looking for suspects. Do they know who did this? :(

I was mulling over how if someone else was responsible for the 2 bodies being in the trunk, a second vehicle would have been required as it's such a remote area. Now we learn hubby was following her and the baby in his vehicle. Trust LE is checking the movements of this family very thoroughly.

I just read some more news about some of Andrea's Facebook postings. Around the end of the year she seemed to be really struggling with Brock not sleeping through the night. In her later post it seemed to be upsetting her but not as much. In this article it also says that on her visit for her birthday she was also planning to see a doctor. It doesn't say what for.
It sounds like it's leaning more towards a murder/suicide. No visual signs of trauma to the bodies. Waiting for results of Toxicology test. I still find it strange that she would be that far out of the way and it not being on a main road. But if she was in a bad state of mind dealing with depression logical thinking could be thrown out the window. Here's the link to the article.http://www.thespec.com/news/ontario/article/686889--new-mom-found-dead-posted-about-joys-and-struggles-of-parenthood-on-facebook

Gambler777 - do you know if Andrea was likely to take Highway #60 to #11? It seems the logical route from Pembroke to Barrie - to end up so far away in Sunderland, in the trunk of a car is some mystery indeed.

I'm on the fence and not leaning either way at the moment. I agree logic is not necessarily followed if one is planning on taking one's life and that of another, but had Andrea ever been to Sunderland or the surrounding area before?

What highway was Andrea's husband going to turn off at and continue to Strathroy? Seems to me they would have parted ways at a little town called Whitney, Highway 60 and 127. 127 then becomes 62 and he had a few choices from there - Highway 7 would have been one of them. Just thinking out loud.

Her husband could have followed her all the way to Barrie and just continued
down the 400 to the 401, It is less than an hours drive to the 401 from Barrie.

I have no idea what routes they took. When I searched on Google Maps for routes from Pembroke to both Barrie and Strathroy one of them mirrors each other all the way to Barrie.

Oops! Valleyboy I read your previous post and was going over the maps before replying. I didnt' refresh the page to see if anything new had been posted. After I hit send I read your new post.

It's true Andrea's husband could have followed her to Barrie. If she got to Barrie, she then traveled almost another 2 hours to Sunderland by either back tracking and driving above Lake Simcoe or continued on and drove around the bottom of Lake Simcoe.

Using the milage calculator i found this.

The distance from Barrie, Ontario to Sunderland, Ontario is approximately 32.6 miles (52.4 km).

If she came down highway 11 she could have got on Highway 12 at Orillia
and it is only about 30 miles down highway 12 from Orillia to Sunderland.

I guess we will have to wait and see what the husbands story is.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back