Identified! Canada - Durham, Ont, Woman, baby found dead, Mar'12 - Andrea & Brock Damude

I have never heard of anyone committing suicide by climbing into the trunk of a car. Who would even think of that? :waitasec:

I have never heard of anyone committing suicide by climbing into the trunk of a car. Who would even think of that? :waitasec:
One thing I know with depression, your mind can go to places that usually it would not.
Thoughts that overpower your mind and torment you but mean nothing when your out of the depression,
I did a search for, 'suicide by locking self in car trunk' and found one from Aug 2012 in Irvine, California.
A woman named Anna Oung, a mother of a 3 month old who was diagnosed and being treated for 'Postpartum Psychosis', was found in the trunk of her car. Its believed to be suicide.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...k-committed-suicide-postpartum-psychosis.html

Just wrote a 3,000 word paper for school about postpartum psychosis. Scary stuff..,,definitely can cause infanticide and suicide. So sad.

The car was parked on the property of a couple who neighbours said are away for March Break.

A friend of the couple who has been checking the property while they are away, discovered the vehicle Saturday morning and called police, neighbours said.

“We’re a pretty close street here,” said Tracey Martin, who lives on the property next door.

“Neighbours watch out for each other and certainly it isn’t normal to see a strange car sitting in the field like that,” she added.

http://www.durhamregion.com/article...nd-death-of-mom-son-found-in-sunderland-field

If I was a family member or a friend of Andrea's, I would insist they investigate further.

I must say n/t I'm uncomfortable with this ruling as well.

Why make the drive (Pembroke to Sunderland) and commit suicide in a field? Her husband supposedly followed her to Barrie - he was going somewhere much further - why not say you decided to leave after him and do it at home? Why put yourself to more effort when you want to end it all?

I realize suicide does not necessarily come with logical answers.

There are a number of cases in the US right now where suicide is the ruling but nothing adds up with what in known leading up to the event. Have people changed the way they commit suicide? Or are intimate partner killers getting smarter?

I must say n/t I'm uncomfortable with this ruling as well.

Why make the drive (Pembroke to Sunderland) and commit suicide in a field? Her husband supposedly followed her to Barrie - he was going somewhere much further - why not say you decided to leave after him and do it at home? Why put yourself to more effort when you want to end it all?

I realize suicide does not necessarily come with logical answers.

There are a number of cases in the US right now where suicide is the ruling but nothing adds up with what in known leading up to the event. Have people changed the way they commit suicide? Or are intimate partner killers getting smarter?

Glad I'm not the only one questioning the ruling. I just think they LE sometimes takes the easy way out but that's just my opinion. When they have nothing, they say it's suicide. End of story. Case closed. Life goes on.

Yes, she posted some of the hardships about having a child, etc but heck who doesn't? There was nothing to suggest she was suffering from any mental illness. No evidence whatsoever that she was depressed. Like I posted earlier, she was going to her birthday party. Are we to believe that on her way to the party, she sees an abandoned vehicle, manages to figure out how to get in the trunk to kill herself and her baby boy?

I'm not buying it.

I think the abandoned vehicle statement is a bit of a red herring. The original story was her husband followed her to Barrie in his vehicle (she and the baby in her vehicle) and he carried on to his parents home.

I don't like how he puts himself near the scene of the 'suicide'. If they reached Barrie, she then had to backtrack to Orillia to get to Sunderland or continue south and go around the bottom of Lake Simcoe then continue on to Sunderland. Very much out of her way for someone wanting to end it all.

I don't like it.

She never made it to the Barrie, Orillia area.

She only made it to the Sunderland area.

Her Husband followed her until she made the turnoff to go her way and he continued a different route to go the London area.

((((Damude’s husband, Brett, had followed his wife and son to the highway as he was on the way to visit his parents in the Strathroy area, west of London.))))

Her husband could have followed her all the way to Barrie and just continued
down the 400 to the 401, It is less than an hours drive to the 401 from Barrie.

Which highway did her husband follow her to? Is that known?

I'm going to have to read up on this case. I wasn't familiar with it. Thanks everyone for posting.

IMO, they would have travelled south until they reached HWY 7 then taken it west until they reached HWY 12. At that point the husband would go South to the 401 and she would have went North to Orillia. Hwy 7 and Hwy 12 meet at Sunderland.

A sad story. That just doesn't make sense...

Andrea Hissa (and later Damude) was my friend.... there are a lot of pieces that don't fit, and there's a lot that the public doesn't know. This isn't as cut and dried as the media has portrayed it to be and I will fight until I know everything.

I'm happy to see that there are a few of you who feel that there's something off about this case. Thank you for helping me not feel alone. <3

andrea2.jpg

memorial1.jpg

Andrea Hissa (and later Damude) was my friend.... there are a lot of pieces that don't fit, and there's a lot that the public doesn't know. This isn't as cut and dried as the media has portrayed it to be and I will fight until I know everything.

I'm happy to see that there are a few of you who feel that there's something off about this case. Thank you for helping me not feel alone. <3

andrea2.jpg

memorial1.jpg

Hi Robin, so good to see you here, so sorry for your loss x

This stinks to high hell to me. Andrea was on her way to her own birthday party and decided to commit suicide by hypothermia?

No way. For a start off, how on earth did she get the boot shut? They don't have a handle on the inside AFAIK.

Women are much, much more likely to suicide by ingesting something, and unless she had a severe mental disturbance, she would have left her baby somewhere safe.

I hope you find some answers...do you know if there was a note? Sorry, such a sad question.

COD was hypothermia for both Andrea and Brock

Hi Robin. I'm glad you're here and that you're still fighting for your friend and her baby.

Can you possibly answer how long Andrea knew the other girl who was murdered and if they had a lot of mutual friends?

Please don't share anything here publicly that you feel could put you in danger though.

Hi Robin, so good to see you here, so sorry for your loss x

This stinks to high hell to me. Andrea was on her way to her own birthday party and decided to commit suicide by hypothermia?

No way. For a start off, how on earth did she get the boot shut? They don't have a handle on the inside AFAIK.

Women are much, much more likely to suicide by ingesting something, and unless she had a severe mental disturbance, she would have left her baby somewhere safe.

I hope you find some answers...do you know if there was a note? Sorry, such a sad question.

There was no note found.

From what I've been able to dig up lately, she had two full bottles of anti-depressants in the front of the car.

I've played that scenario over and over in my head a million times. The only real theory, other than foul play, that I can accept is postpartum psychosis. This can cause delusions and hallucinations, so.... she could have thought she was being chased.

I also heard that women that suffer from PPD generally want nothing to do with their children, and from what I've been told, Andrea was found cradling Brock.

And I don't believe her parents were throwing her a party, I think she was going there for some rest and help with the baby. I know that I relied heavily on family when my own child was that small.

Thank you so much for your kind words *hugs*

Hi Robin. I'm glad you're here and that you're still fighting for your friend and her baby.

Can you possibly answer how long Andrea knew the other girl who was murdered and if they had a lot of mutual friends?

Please don't share anything here publicly that you feel could put you in danger though.

I think that she grew up with Alex F., I had only had the pleasure of meeting Andrea in 2005. I know that before everything happened with Andrea last year they'd arrested the man responsible for AF's death and he is currently awaiting trial for 1st degree murder.

http://www.thebarrieexaminer.com/20...ef-flanagans-mother-says-outside-barrie-court

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back