Identified! Canada - Durham, Ont, Woman, baby found dead, Mar'12 - Andrea & Brock Damude

I just read some more news about some of Andrea's Facebook postings. Around the end of the year she seemed to be really struggling with Brock not sleeping through the night. In her later post it seemed to be upsetting her but not as much. In this article it also says that on her visit for her birthday she was also planning to see a doctor. It doesn't say what for.
It sounds like it's leaning more towards a murder/suicide. No visual signs of trauma to the bodies. Waiting for results of Toxicology test. I still find it strange that she would be that far out of the way and it not being on a main road. But if she was in a bad state of mind dealing with depression logical thinking could be thrown out the window. Here's the link to the article.http://www.thespec.com/news/ontario/article/686889--new-mom-found-dead-posted-about-joys-and-struggles-of-parenthood-on-facebook

How could it be murder/suicide if they were found in the trunk? That's what is puzzling and very strange about this case.

How does one lock themselves in a trunk? Is that even possible? I guess if you tie something and then pull it down?

So sad. I read about her struggles with the baby not sleeping and wanting to be cuddled all the time. Wish she had reached out to someone for help. :(

It's a moot point, but Orillia to Sunderland is correct at about 30 miles. Barrie to Sunderland is further.

I think there would be something on the inside of the trunk to grab hold of.
It sure is a mystery. If it is murder/suicide I don't know why she would hide their bodies.
I still find it odd when the facebook postings ended the morning before she was expected to travel to Barrie. She usually posted numerous times a day but that day only one that morning about Brock being 8 months old today. She replied once or twice to comments, the last I think was between 9:00AM-9:30AM.

Some articles say she was heading to Barrie and other articles say she was heading to Orillia.

Most trunk lids have several places where you could pull it closed from the inside.

Many trunks also have a release mechanism you can open the trunk from the inside.

Other questions.

Where was her purse
Where was her cell phone.
Was the keys in the ignition and turned on, (possible carbon monoxide poisoning)

How could it be murder/suicide if they were found in the trunk? That's what is puzzling and very strange about this case.

How does one lock themselves in a trunk? Is that even possible? I guess if you tie something and then pull it down?

So sad. I read about her struggles with the baby not sleeping and wanting to be cuddled all the time. Wish she had reached out to someone for help. :(

If most trunks are like mine, there is any number of openings in the interior metal to hook a finger on and shut the trunk once you're in it. It's quite easy to do. My trunk also has the release lever inside so if anyone was ever locked in it, you pull the lever and the trunk is released.

What's going around town right now is that people are leaning more towards Andrea having knowledge about her friend Alexandra's death that put her in danger than suspecting the husband.

It is pretty coincidental cianne that Andrea knew Alexandra F.

http://www.durhamregion.com/news/cr...ontinues-for-woman-child-found-dead-in-durham

Forensic testing continues for woman, child found dead in Durham
Bodies found in car near Sunderland

Photo by Stephanie FodenBodies foundSUNDERLAND -- Durham Regional Police are investigating after two bodies were discovered in the trunk of a car in a field north of Sunderland. March 11, 201212Related Stories • New mom found dead with her baby in Sunderland posted about joys and struggles of parenthood on Facebook
•Unanswered questions surround death of mom, son found in Sunderland field
•Update: Outpouring of support for mom and son found dead near Sunderland
•Two bodies found in field north of Sunderland
DURHAM -- It could be weeks before investigators determine the cause of death of a woman and child found in the trunk of a car in north Durham.

Forensic testing continues in the case of Andrea Damude and her infant son Brock, whose bodies were discovered near Sunderland March 10, police say.

"They're not expecting anything for four to six weeks," Durham police spokeswoman Ashling Murphy said Monday. "They're expecting forensic testing to take that long."

http://www.durhamregion.com/news/cr...ontinues-for-woman-child-found-dead-in-durham

Forensic testing continues for woman, child found dead in Durham
Bodies found in car near Sunderland

Photo by Stephanie FodenBodies foundSUNDERLAND -- Durham Regional Police are investigating after two bodies were discovered in the trunk of a car in a field north of Sunderland. March 11, 201212Related Stories • New mom found dead with her baby in Sunderland posted about joys and struggles of parenthood on Facebook
•Unanswered questions surround death of mom, son found in Sunderland field
•Update: Outpouring of support for mom and son found dead near Sunderland
•Two bodies found in field north of Sunderland
DURHAM -- It could be weeks before investigators determine the cause of death of a woman and child found in the trunk of a car in north Durham.

Forensic testing continues in the case of Andrea Damude and her infant son Brock, whose bodies were discovered near Sunderland March 10, police say.

"They're not expecting anything for four to six weeks," Durham police spokeswoman Ashling Murphy said Monday. "They're expecting forensic testing to take that long."

Good lord. Why so long?

Almost 3 months and still no cause of death?

Jun 05, 2012 - 4:27 PM
Investigation continues into death of mother, child found in Sunderland

http://www.durhamregion.com/news/ar...nto-death-of-mother-child-found-in-sunderland

SUNDERLAND -- Durham police are close to wrapping up their investigation into the deaths of a mother and infant son whose bodies were found near Sunderland back in March.
Investigators waited more than two months for test results from the Centre of Forensic Sciences in Toronto to determine a cause of death for Barrie native Andrea Damude and her eight-month-old son, Brock. While those test results have been received, police won't be releasing any information for another few weeks.

Almost 3 months and still no cause of death?

Jun 05, 2012 - 4:27 PM
Investigation continues into death of mother, child found in Sunderland

http://www.durhamregion.com/news/ar...nto-death-of-mother-child-found-in-sunderland

SUNDERLAND -- Durham police are close to wrapping up their investigation into the deaths of a mother and infant son whose bodies were found near Sunderland back in March.
Investigators waited more than two months for test results from the Centre of Forensic Sciences in Toronto to determine a cause of death for Barrie native Andrea Damude and her eight-month-old son, Brock. While those test results have been received, police won't be releasing any information for another few weeks.

:banghead: If the results come back as "undetermined", I'll scream!

Wonder why her husband isn't demanding answers, since it's taking so long for the results.

Has there been any update on Andrea and Brock? Have the results ever been released?

Haven't seen anything posted online for several months now.

I was just on the Durham Regional Police website, that medical and supplemental forensic examinations have been completed and they've concluded no foul play and it
was suicide.
So sad. If Andrea was depressed, it sounds like she was covering it up really well.
Depression is a nasty illness, I unfortunately know this first hand and all to well.

Here's a link to the story from my local newspaper.

http://www.durhamregion.com/news/ar...ths-of-mother-and-infant-son-a-murder-suicide

Gambler

I was just on the Durham Regional Police website, that medical and supplemental forensic examinations have been completed and they've concluded no foul play and it
was suicide.
So sad. If Andrea was depressed, it sounds like she was covering it up really well.
Depression is a nasty illness, I unfortunately know this first hand and all to well.

Here's a link to the story from my local newspaper.

http://www.durhamregion.com/news/ar...ths-of-mother-and-infant-son-a-murder-suicide

Gambler

Here's another link for the article:
http://www.durhamregion.com/news/cr...ath-of-mom-found-in-trunk-with-infant-suicide

I don't believe she locked herself and her baby in the trunk of her car to commit suicide.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back