CANADA Canada - GARRY TAYLOR HANDLEN, child rapist/killer, 1970's

It would be nice to know his release date and how long he hung around Alberta, before heading to Ontario. It's difficult to imagine that there aren't more victims.
<rsbm>

I'd really like to know what Handlen's connections to the Edmonton area are. For some reason, I've always had a strong feeling that Kathryn Mary's and Karen Ewanciw's murders could be related.

Kathryn Mary was killed in BC 1975, 6/7 months after 11 year old Karen in Alberta. As I mentioned near the beginning of this thread, by eerie coincidence, Karen had a sister named Catherine Marie (14 at the time of Karen's murder).

<rsbm>

I'd really like to know what Handlen's connections to the Edmonton area are. For some reason, I've always had a strong feeling that Kathryn Mary's and Karen Ewanciw's murders could be related.

Kathryn Mary was killed in BC 1975, 6/7 months after 11 year old Karen in Alberta. As I mentioned near the beginning of this thread, by eerie coincidence, Karen had a sister named Catherine Marie (14 at the time of Karen's murder).

This article about Karen E. put chills up my spine, the part about the clothing hanging on branches, reminded me of Sharron Prior.
Wonder if GH has, or will be, questioned about Karen E?

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2012/11/...monton-victim-fears-killer-four-decades-later

Nov. 3 2012

"April 23, 1975 is a day that filled Shelley Campbell with so much fear that she's spent a lifetime hiding from a killer.

She was only 10 years old when she and 11-year-old Karen Ewanciw decided that instead of delivering flyers they would dump them in the ravine that bordered their quiet Forest Heights neighbourhood in southeast Edmonton.

The densely wooded ravine wasn't a place the two best friends that were inseparable would usually hang out, but on this particular day they agreed it was where they would head after school.

Shelley noticed some unusual things the moment the pair entered the ravine from the top of the hill by McNally High School".

Hmm .. can't find anything at all on the Nov 4 court appearance.

I understand that this is a bit late, but I wondered where and when this man was free. It's a bit of a long shot, but as he seemed to be interested in girls with bicycles, is there any chance that he could have taken Lindsey Baum?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back