Found Deceased Canada - Jessica Newman, 24, Calgary, 10 March 2015 #1 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
She missed visitation because she is missing. It was reported that she never missed it prior.

It is not uncommon for two unmarried parents to have a verbal or informal custody agreement. Unless of course they were legally married, there was no legal requirement to have one. It is possible that what started out as an amicable agreement, turned contentious. For whatever reason, the father may have started denying her access. This would mean that she would need a formal order to ensure her co-parenting rights are being adhered to and specifics are set out to prevent further violations of parenting time.
Yes Dear... she didn't miss one of her scheduled visitations before that... devil... details...

In order to appear a stable parent in court, one needs a job, and an address... how long was she at both?

In order to appear a stable parent in court, one needs a job, and an address... how long was she at both?

Possibly they have lived together for about a year and she has a job, not sure how long.

"Newman’s roommate (MH) has known her for about a year and dropped her off at work on Tuesday. He’s been in touch with police and Jessica’s family.

The 24-year old is a waitress at the Watergrill on 17th avenue in Forest Lawn."
http://globalnews.ca/news/1883869/24-year-old-jessica-newman-missing-since-tuesday/

Appearances, sadly, are 10/10ths of custody law.
The living situation could very well have been the reason for the custody dispute. Maybe the father was denying access if it meant his child would go to her residence - The one she shares with a man twice her age, and could have substance issues of his own or a criminal history. That would certainly get my hinky metre up... Not the best place for a child perhaps?

Very tough argument in court without ridiculously solid proof. The judge won't allow male parent to control female parent's living arrangement using the child. See Parental Alienation Syndrome.

Appearances, sadly, are 10/10ths of custody law.

I know someone who does it simply to change one day to another in the visitation schedule. Just one participant can make everything so difficult and expensive. Each Judge varies.

I have another friend was scared out of her mind because she was told (by a mediator) there is no way around the 50/50 co-parenting (in her circumstances). She had to chance it and when she did the father did not demonstrate much respect in the court room and the Judge did not automatically rule 50/50. The Judge went with the Mother's suggested schedule. Every fear that was instilled on the Mother (from the Mediator) about co-parenting rights was not-so. It was the most terrifying and confusing event she had experienced. I can imagine that Jessica was sick with emotion.

I know someone who does it simply to change one day to another in the visitation schedule. Just one participant can make everything so difficult and expensive. Each Judge varies.

I have another friend was scared out of her mind because she was told (by a mediator) there is no way around the 50/50 co-parenting (in her circumstances). She had to chance it and when she did the father did not demonstrate much respect in the court room and the Judge did not automatically rule 50/50. The Judge went with the Mother's suggested schedule. Every fear that was instilled on the Mother (from the Mediator) about co-parenting rights was not-so. It was the most terrifying and confusing event she had experienced. I can imagine that Jessica was sick with emotion.
As I'm sure the father was if she has any drug, prostitution or other dubious histories which are difficult to argue relevance because of "appearances".

As I'm sure the father was if she has any drug, prostitution or other dubious histories which are difficult to argue relevance because of "appearances".

Yes, of course! The thing is why would she disappear on her own free will if she was confident she had a chance and why would the father risk losing his child altogether if he made her incapable of showing up for court and he is caught?

Yes, of course! The thing is why would she disappear on her own free will if she was confident she had a chance and why would the father risk losing his child altogether if he made her incapable of showing up for court and he is caught?
Again... anxiety etc triggers illnesses. Her mother's description of "too trusting" suggests poor decisions in relationships past. Everyone's "justifications" and saint making suggests they are very aware... hyper aware of making the wrong statement hurts "appearances".

I am not familiar with the restaurant. Does her clothing description fit waitress attire, or evening out on the town?

Again... anxiety etc triggers illnesses. Her mother's description of "too trusting" suggests poor decisions in relationships past. Everyone's "justifications" and saint making suggests they are very aware... hyper aware of making the wrong statement hurts "appearances".

I also think of her being quite young and vulnerable. Possibly the paternal grandparents took the legal matters into their control (paying legal bills) to make it possible to have access to raising their grandson. Maybe they have been in control of the situation regarding their son and his custody battle. That is also a common story.

I am not familiar with the restaurant. Does her clothing description fit waitress attire, or evening out on the town?

Changing my comment...

It was her jacket that had the spikes so she could have put that on after work and the dress underneath was more suitable for work. Waitresses usually wear black.

"Newman is described as Caucasian, 5’3” tall, 100 lbs. with mid-length blonde hair and blue eyes. She has a tattoo the length of her spine and was last seen wearing a black and white mid -length sleeveless dress and black leather jacket with studs on the shoulder pads."
http://globalnews.ca/news/1883869/24-year-old-jessica-newman-missing-since-tuesday/

The restaraunt closes at 10pm.

It is categorized as a "Steak house" restaurant/bar. I would guess they wear standard black and whites or logo t-shirts. It isn't what you call "high-end" or fine dining... They close at 10 on week nights and 11 on the weekend, so I doubt they get many of the bar crowd. She usually works the lunch shift. No word whether she works somewhere else.

Very tough argument in court without ridiculously solid proof. The judge won't allow male parent to control female parent's living arrangement using the child. See Parental Alienation Syndrome.
Perhaps that is why she was going to court? Maybe what used to be a good verbal agreement became controlling and contentious?

Perhaps that is why she was going to court? Maybe what used to be a good verbal agreement became controlling and contentious?
Perhaps. Mother leaving child suggests issues to begin with though... courts don't want to hear it, but they and their agents are ridiculously biased towards mothers.

She will get pro bono legal help long before he will.

Any accusations of abuse by the male have to be disproven. Any accusations of abuse by the female have to be proven.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500