Found Deceased Canada - Jessica Newman, 24, Calgary, 10 March 2015 #1 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is creepy! The problem with cabbies here, is many of them own their cabs. Who is to say he isn't driving his own car, or moonlighting for someone else? Dispatch never sees or talks to them - it is all on screen. Could be anyone driving.
How safe and secure is Uber?

No. Some of us are too busy playing monster trucks and can't do a proper search on their phone in the 2 minutes between rounds. A search before pictures disappear would be prudent.
Monster trucks! Sounds like my evening. I am on mobile as well right now. Hopefully someone can help us out.

Monster trucks! Sounds like my evening. I am on mobile as well right now. Hopefully someone can help us out.
The lack of activity suggests the other sleuthers are sane and in bed sleeping. I suspect help won't be immediate.

The lack of activity suggests the other sleuthers are sane and in bed sleeping. I suspect help won't be immediate.
I guess we will have to be happy with our gaming distractions. Sleep is for the old and boring. [emoji41]

Here is the story about the woman that was hit by a car and assaulted:

The victim told police she was riding her bike in the area when she was hit by a vehicle, knocking her to the ground. She alleges a man then picked her up and forced her into a small SUV, threatening to sexually assault her. He then released her.

She remains in hospital in serious but stable condition.

The incident happened around 5 a.m. on Saturday, March 7th, 2015.

http://globalnews.ca/news/1886915/woman-hit-by-vehicle-threatened-with-sexual-assault/

The victim told police she was riding her bike in the area when she was hit by a vehicle, knocking her to the ground. She alleges a man then picked her up and forced her into a small SUV, threatening to sexually assault her. He then released her.

http://globalnews.ca/news/1886915/woman-hit-by-vehicle-threatened-with-sexual-assault/
The article doesn't indicate if the cyclist was struck with the intention of a sexual assault, or if the threat of sexual assault was used to try to cover up an automobile accident with the bycicle. Had one gone so far to intentionally strike the cyclist... why not the follow through?

Sure wish we had a description of this perp. Maybe when the victim is in better condition she'll be able to provide one.

This incident (3900 block of 14th Av SE) is only a 3 min drive from the Watergrill at 17th and 49th where Jessica worked.

I try and I don't know what I am doing.
Open 2 windows split screen... one with Google... click on images...

The other with the webpage that contains the pictures... then click and drag the picture to the Google search bar in the other window.

To me, it is indicating the cyclist was struck with the intention of a sexual assault:

.... Police say a man deliberately ran down a woman for the purposes of a sexual assault

“[The victim] believes the vehicle followed her for a short distance prior to knocking her to the ground.”

The article says the girl fought off her attacker and ran away, which is why the perp didn't follow through.

She was able to fight off her attacker and run away.

The article doesn't indicate if the cyclist was struck with the intention of a sexual assault, or if the threat of sexual assault was used to try to cover up an automobile accident with the bycicle. Had one gone so far to intentionally strike the cyclist... why not the follow through?

To me, it is indicating the cyclist was struck with the intention of a sexual assault:

The article says the girl fought off her attacker and ran away, which is why the perp didn't follow through.
For a second there, I thought I didn't get enough sleep last night. Then I looked at the timestamp... 2:20 pm. It was obviously edited from when I saw it. There was nowhere near that much information previously.

Wow, that is weird.. hate it when they do that.. because.. once you've read a story, how likely is it that a person would go back to re-read it again? They should have made a second article saying 'update', or something. I realize it has a time of writing, and then a time of updating, but still... it sounds like it's almost a new story, from what it lacked previously. Are they really that cramped for space that they can't do a new little blurb, or at least change the title to reflect new info revealed or something?

For a second there, I thought I didn't get enough sleep last night. Then I looked at the timestamp... 2:20 pm. It was obviously edited from when I saw it. There was nowhere near that much information previously.

Wow, that is weird.. hate it when they do that.. because.. once you've read a story, how likely is it that a person would go back to re-read it again? They should have made a second article saying 'update', or something. I realize it has a time of writing, and then a time of updating, but still... it sounds like it's almost a new story, from what it lacked previously. Are they really that cramped for space that they can't do a new little blurb, or at least change the title to reflect new info revealed or something?
news.talk had actually quoted most of it in post #76. Note the hit and released...

It's a link to the story, and as they get more accurate information, it's only natural that they update it. In fact, they are almost required to remove the erroneous information.

Hopefully they will gather enough info to be able to find this perp. Police are checking CCTV, and the woman has been able to provide a description:

..... She was able to fight off the attack and get to the doorstep of a nearby home to ask for help as the suspect fled in his vehicle.

The woman suffered a head injury and remains in serious but stable condition in hospital. She was only recently able to give investigators a full account of what happened.

The suspect is a man in his 20s of Middle-Eastern descent, said Baker.

“I think it’s reasonable to suggest this person does pose a danger to other Calgarians,” he said. .....

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/calgary-police-say-woman-hit-by-suv-was-threatened-with-sexual-assault-1.2998195

.... The suspect is described as a Middle Eastern male in his mid 20s while his vehicle is described as a beige or gold SUV, similar to a Pathfinder or Land Rover.

He says the victim did not know her offender. "The victim has sustained a serious head injury and it has taken some time to obtain a full account. Now we are able to move the investigation foward now that we've obtained that full account."

They are continuing to appeal for more information and review closed circuit footage of the area taken during the incident. ....

http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/woman-allegedly-struck-by-vehicle-threatened-with-sex-assault-1.2283515

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member