CANADA Canada - Jolene Cote, 36, Edmonton, AB, 12 Oct 2011

On the FB page for Jolene on April 30, her sister Rhonda posted to the effect that although nothing new has been released, the investigation is moving forward.

FB page "In Memory of Jolene Cote"
https://www.facebook.com/groups/280530631967334/

Here's hoping and praying for justice for Jolene and her loved ones.

:bump:

for Jolene .. still hoping justice can be found for this loved and lovely lady !!

Odd case, who is the man blocked out in the video?

The man at the Walmart standing by the door, is a greeter. It was in an article, and I cannot locate it now.
2016 and still not solved.
Missing jewelry from her home ----- No one could have entered her place, go to the master bedroom where hubby and child were sleeping.
I think law enforcement have a good idea who did it, but cannot prove it.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...-mysterious-homicide-will-be-solved-1.3558452

jolene-cote.JPG

Family remains hopeful teacher's mysterious homicide will be solved
Annual soccer tournament keeps memory of murdered Spruce Grove teacher Jolene Cote alive

Apr 29, 2016
Jolene Cote's family says hope for a break in her homicide case always flares up just before an annual soccer tournament in her honor.

The tournament, now in its fifth year, is scheduled for this weekend. Cote's sister, Rhonda Berg, said she hopes this will be the year it reaches someone with more information about her sister's homicide.

"You just think about it over and over and over again, and we need an ending to this horrible story so that our minds can have some peace," she said.

"We want somebody to be arrested and held accountable for Jolene's murder. That means everything to us, and I don't want her children to grow up knowing that the person who killed their mom is still walking around enjoying their life."

Just throwing this out there..
JC's sister's name somehow reminded me of the Florida murders of Canadian snowbirds.
They had last been seen on cctv cameras at a store and the diamond ring worn by one of the victims, was stolen.
The perps in that unsolved case, appear to be females of Eastern European extraction, common imo, in Western Canada.
Could there be a link, traveling jewellery thieves?
fwiw, speculation, imo.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ale-Beach-10-Jan-2013&p=12504756#post12504756
FL - David 'Donny' Pichosky, 71, & Rochelle Wise, 66, Hallandale Beach, 10 Jan 2013

[video=youtube;W3D-xi40JYI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3D-xi40JYI[/video]

http://globalnews.ca/news/2672507/family-of-jolene-cote-still-looking-for-answers-5-years-later/

Many gathered on Saturday to celebrate Cote’s life by playing the sport she loved so much: soccer.

The Jolene Cote Memorial Soccer Tournament is now in its fifth year. The Spruce Grove event also raises money for KidSport, an organization that helps remove financial barriers to sports opportunities for children...

“There hasn’t been any new information in her homicide investigation and occasions like this help to put her back in the spotlight again. It’s really important to us that people don’t forget about her because her murder is unsolved.”

I don't have a link as I am on my cell right now,but police spent time this week searching a pond near her Jolene's house and have said that they do NOT believe this to be a random attack or incident...

Does anyone else find this strange? They were looking all over for the jewelry and now they aren't. Does that mean they found it or was it never missing? I live near Spruce Grove and it is funny that this case is not really ever talked about it. Also husband seems to be withdrawn from everything... maybe now that he is remarried he is just trying to move on.

"Cote's engagement and wedding rings, along with a necklace, were reported missing from her family home. Early in the investigation, RCMP said they didn't know if she had been wearing them at the time of her murder.

Now police say Cote was not wearing the jewellery when she was killed"

I don't have a link as I am on my cell right now,but police spent time this week searching a pond near her Jolene's house and have said that they do NOT believe this to be a random attack or incident...

Spruce Grove teacher Jolene Cote's murder 'not a random act,' police say
Jun 06, 2016

Snipped...
...Police say an RCMP underwater recovery team from British Columbia will search a body of water near Cote's home today and tomorrow.

RCMP did not say*what divers are looking for.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...-murder-not-a-random-act-police-say-1.3618405

Five years later, family still hopeful Jolene Cote murder will be solved

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/five-years-later-family-still-hopeful-jolene-cote-murder-will-be-solved-1.3803431

Rhonda Berg says the search for her sister's killer has been like a living nightmare for her family.

Five years after Jolene Cote was murdered, the case remains a perplexing mystery.

"It's a very hard day for our family," Berg said Thursday in an interview with CBC Edmonton.

"It was about this time, five years ago, on this day that I got the call from my other sister that Jolene had passed away and our nightmare began.

"You always have that tape going through your head of how everything happened that morning and it's difficult. Very difficult."

Cote's family is offering a $50,000 reward to anyone with information that will lead to an arrest.

Berg said her best hope is that the killer's "conscience would kick in. And maybe, by hearing how our family has endured this nightmare for so many years, maybe that person would come forward and confess to what they've done.

"But the likelihood of that happening is pretty slim. This person has lived with this for five years now and apparently they don't have a conscience."

Jolene's husband has remarried,, and he and his new wife and his children now live in Mexico.

With the exception of sending dive teams into the lake, that is right behind Jolene's home, police have been very mum on investigation.

Jolene was deceased when she was brought into the house. He said he discovered her body outside at 6:10 a.m.

She was found outside on the grass, according to her husband. He carried her into the house.

Faces of victims are covered for a very sad reason. In this case with a towel.

This investigation is going to take as long as it takes,

Perhaps law enforcement have a suspect in mind, and when they are ready, an arrest will be made.:moo:

Hi friends... This case has bugged me for years for many reasons.. Not the least of which is that I live near the area and share the same profession as Jolene. It will always ring strange to me that her husband was with someone else is less than two years and now lives in a different country. Sadly, Jolene's mother has said that the family does not see charges forthcoming.. We need to keep this case in the public spotlight.. Justice has not been done!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg
Back