CANADA Canada - Jolene Cote, 36, Edmonton, AB, 12 Oct 2011

Just wanted to address your questions here--Jolene's children still see their grandmother (Jolene's mom). I've actually exchanged messages with Jolene's son on Youtube and other platforms--he believes his father to be innocent and indicates that he father was asleep with him when the murder occurred.... not saying his memory couldn't be flawed, but it's what he has said--I could provide screenshots if needed.

From the link above - “Jolene’s two young children were four and six-years-old at the time of her death.”

I wouldn’t expect anything different than the children to defend their father’s innocence for the murder of their mother considering their ages at the time and the fact their father raised them to adulthood. They’re the victims who are not in any position to pass judgement nor should they but what a sad situation for them that their mother was taken so soon.

Just wanted to address your questions here--Jolene's children still see their grandmother (Jolene's mom). I've actually exchanged messages with Jolene's son on Youtube and other platforms--he believes his father to be innocent and indicates that he father was asleep with him when the murder occurred.... not saying his memory couldn't be flawed, but it's what he has said--I could provide screenshots if needed.
Wow I am just shocked that anyone would contact one of the children, there are lots of adults to contact. He loves his father and he has no idea who killed his Mom. I am just disgusted by this post. He is a child it is not up to him to solve this crime. The police are still looking into this. The children should not be involved in any of it. OMG I live in Edmonton and know exactly where they lived, I never knew them but I would never ever think that contacting one of the kids would be ok. I am in contact with her Mom too.

Last edited:
ok so provide those important screenshots. I can't believe you have done this unless you are related on his Dad's side. If there is proof perhaps you should send it to the RCMP that I believe are still trying to solve this case.

Last edited:

From the link above - “Jolene’s two young children were four and six-years-old at the time of her death.”

I wouldn’t expect anything different than the children to defend their father’s innocence for the murder of their mother considering their ages at the time and the fact their father raised them to adulthood. They’re the victims who are not in any position to pass judgement nor should they but what a sad situation for them that their mother was taken so soon.
Exactly. Why would anyone contact the kids. Breaks my heart.

Last edited:
I don't think an adult stranger contacting a 15 year old minor online about their mother's murder is appropriate at all!! I'm quite aghast someone actually did it!!
:eek::eek::eek:

What did you want, the boy to reply and say "Yeah, I think my Dad could have killed her ." ????

He was 6 years old at the time. He remembers his father sleeping in the room with him, but that's not to say his father didn't leave the bedroom at some point when he heard his wife's car come home.

Also, a little thought: why would you sleep in the same bedroom as your 6 year old child? Wouldn't they have had their own bedroom by then?

MOO....

I don't think an adult stranger contacting a 15 year old minor online about their mother's murder is appropriate at all!! I'm quite aghast someone actually did it!!
:eek::eek::eek:

What did you want, the boy to reply and say "Yeah, I think my Dad could have killed her ." ????

He was 6 years old at the time. He remembers his father sleeping in the room with him, but that's not to say his father didn't leave the bedroom at some point when he heard his wife's car come home.

Also, a little thought: why would you sleep in the same bedroom as your 6 year old child? Wouldn't they have had their own bedroom by then?

MOO....
I don't think children 4 and 6, although having their own rooms, wouldn't be with a parent in their bed reading a book before bed. All I know is no one should be reaching out to the children. I think this person is just a troll. Leave the children alone, they don't know.

I don't think children 4 and 6, although having their own rooms, wouldn't be with a parent in their bed reading a book before bed. All I know is no one should be reaching out to the children. I think this person is just a troll. Leave the children alone, they don't know.

I’d hope the post was fictitious as well and the son isn’t talking to strangers on social media, to protect him from idiots for his own well-being.

For anyone to pose a question to him, putting him in a position where he’s required to defend his father who’s the only parent he has left in his life, is absolutely cruel and heartless.

JMO

Just wanted to chime in here with the 10 year anniversary approaching. All of you who think I sought out a minor child to discuss the murder of his mother are dead wrong and way too assumptive. I was discussing a podcast on the case on YouTube and ayden commented on a question I posted about dad's whereabouts that morning and that's how it started. He initiated it, for heaven's sake. I have 3 children and I teach children for a living.. I'm not some creep like many of you seem to assume.. Maybe verify and check before assumptions are made.

Let's all hope this case gets solved someday by an RCMP team that I think dropped the ball and let the guilty party get away.

Thank you.

Also, on this note, I would never try and take away a kid's parent or cause trouble... I actually want to explore Mike's innocence, based on info I have.. So judge me if you will, but I want to try and get truth for this family, which I believe will not take the form that so many seem to expect, and could make things much better for everyone.

Just my HO

The 10th anniversary of this murder is this week... I can't believe we still have no answers. The RCMP sounded so confident last year... I hope they are close and can soon give this family some answers.

Update on Jolene's murder from CBC news. They now say they have a suspect. I can't seem to attach the document. You can just google Jolene Cote 2021. None of us know who did this on this site. Jolene, her Mom, Sisters and Daughter and Son so deserver Justice. I can't imagine telling a young child that their Mom has gone to Heaven. We don't know who did this but whoever did has to pay the price. How could you?

Jolene's murder remains unsolved almost 11 years later. This is the most recent news article I could find.

I cannot understand why she is listed on this new searchable teacher registry website, when it's obvious she has not taught for more than a decade. She inspired her students to become teachers. This listing seems insensitive, to say the least. Some other murdered teachers are also on this list.

Just wanted to chime in here with the 10 year anniversary approaching. All of you who think I sought out a minor child to discuss the murder of his mother are dead wrong and way too assumptive. I was discussing a podcast on the case on YouTube and ayden commented on a question I posted about dad's whereabouts that morning and that's how it started. He initiated it, for heaven's sake. I have 3 children and I teach children for a living.. I'm not some creep like many of you seem to assume.. Maybe verify and check before assumptions are made.

Let's all hope this case gets solved someday by an RCMP team that I think dropped the ball and let the guilty party get away.

Thank you.
Out of curiosity, I watched this podcast. In 2012, I briefly dated Jolene’s brother-in-law. The family was very much still in turmoil as she had been killed a year and a half earlier. We rarely spoke of it and I was sensitive to not get into details. S DID describe what they theorized had happened to her…but watching this podcast I realized I had never heard that LE stated that the crime was not a theft in progress. That it was targeted? And a passionate murder (their words)?

The story he told me a year after the fact was very detailed: that Jo came home, stumbled upon someone breaking into their trailer, and was hit on the head with a propane tank….yet this was not shared publicly nor was the actual cause of death.

It has been bothering me all day. My husband thinks this isn’t useful information since the public was gossiping about this as a possible scenario…but this was the brother in law. Mikes own brother. Is this information pertinent?

ok so provide those important screenshots. I can't believe you have done this unless you are related on his Dad's side. If there is proof perhaps you should send it to the RCMP that I believe are still trying to solve this case.
It’s literally on YouTube. Public forum. He is now 18 years old and no doubt has his own questions. Someone in his life should talk to him about searching and that he will read unkind thing…but it isn’t fair to come after someone who merely replied to his comments there. There was nothing vicious said to him, though I agree he should avoid interacting bc there are deranged individuals out there.

Out of curiosity, I watched this podcast. In 2012, I briefly dated Jolene’s brother-in-law. The family was very much still in turmoil as she had been killed a year and a half earlier. We rarely spoke of it and I was sensitive to not get into details. S DID describe what they theorized had happened to her…but watching this podcast I realized I had never heard that LE stated that the crime was not a theft in progress. That it was targeted? And a passionate murder (their words)?

The story he told me a year after the fact was very detailed: that Jo came home, stumbled upon someone breaking into their trailer, and was hit on the head with a propane tank….yet this was not shared publicly nor was the actual cause of death.

It has been bothering me all day. My husband thinks this isn’t useful information since the public was gossiping about this as a possible scenario…but this was the brother in law. Mikes own brother. Is this information pertinent?

I too have spoken to Mike's brother and he indicated that they really aren't sure what happened (I'm sure he told you miss than he did me), but that Mike is just trying to move on and make something of the rest of his life.
I find it interesting, during the 10yr anniversary interviews, the lead on the case said it wasn't a robbery as her purse and cell phone were still in her car. I found that presumptive--as is if it was something like you say, such an attempted break in of a holiday trailer, her stuff could still be undisturbed. They also have said that she wasn't followed and once said "be sure you know your neighbors." It's all so criptic. But they also said after 9 years that they believed it would be solved in the near future, but here we are, with the 12th anniversary looming. I'm guessing that even if they basically know what happened, they have never found the evidence to convict anyone.

Lastly, with respect to Mike's son--i was discussing the case on YouTube and this young man started debating aspects of the case with me. I've been a teacher for years and years and I know boundaries well. To me, it seemed like this kid wanted to express his feelings as to what happened and how he felt about his dad. It was all of 3-4 messages and that was that. A (the son) said that he is certain that his dad was in bed with him all night and hence could not have killed jolene. This made me want to pursue the innocence angle, as one doesn't have to look very hard to see what most in public think happened here.

In the end, it is my personal believe that this case will not be solved. It actually shares a strange parallel with Jonbenet Ramsey in a sense, as Jolene's spouse carried her inside and put a towel on her, according to his statements, thus likely muddying the waters and destroying important evidence.

Prayers to both her children who were home when their mother was discovered dead. I cannot imagine the pain and trauma this has caused for them

I too have spoken to Mike's brother and he indicated that they really aren't sure what happened (I'm sure he told you miss than he did me), but that Mike is just trying to move on and make something of the rest of his life.
I find it interesting, during the 10yr anniversary interviews, the lead on the case said it wasn't a robbery as her purse and cell phone were still in her car. I found that presumptive--as is if it was something like you say, such an attempted break in of a holiday trailer, her stuff could still be undisturbed. They also have said that she wasn't followed and once said "be sure you know your neighbors." It's all so criptic. But they also said after 9 years that they believed it would be solved in the near future, but here we are, with the 12th anniversary looming. I'm guessing that even if they basically know what happened, they have never found the evidence to convict anyone.

Lastly, with respect to Mike's son--i was discussing the case on YouTube and this young man started debating aspects of the case with me. I've been a teacher for years and years and I know boundaries well. To me, it seemed like this kid wanted to express his feelings as to what happened and how he felt about his dad. It was all of 3-4 messages and that was that. A (the son) said that he is certain that his dad was in bed with him all night and hence could not have killed jolene. This made me want to pursue the innocence angle, as one doesn't have to look very hard to see what most in public think happened here.

In the end, it is my personal believe that this case will not be solved. It actually shares a strange parallel with Jonbenet Ramsey in a sense, as Jolene's spouse carried her inside and put a towel on her, according to his statements, thus likely muddying the waters and destroying important evidence.

Prayers to both her children who were home when their mother was discovered dead. I cannot imagine the pain and trauma this has caused for them
Totally agree. It would have been solved by now if it was ever going to be. It’s just tragic for all involved. My mom’s close friend is close with Jo’s mom and the daily trauma and heartache she faces is so heavy. Thank goodness she has other daughters to help her carry that burden.

It’s the kids who lose out. No matter where they are, having new friends and new siblings, and lastly, a new mother figure will never take the space Jolene has in their hearts. I just hope they only think of love when they think of her.

12 long years later... zero answers for Jolene's family. It now appears as if media attention is fading too--I don't see much published on this grim anniversary. Despite LE saying they believed they would solve this in the "near future," sure same like this is the definition of a cold case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph
Back